• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
Are there any head options that do not hide Hair? I kinda don't wanna run around with an empty armor slot (even though I am fashion soulsing it) but I also don't want to hide mah ponytail
ponytails are the cutest

Dusk's Crown. Looks really shitty unless you want to do a Valkyrie-style character, tho.

Personal example:

6CFBA4047DF04C0C10A4F3B2B5C6F014D5457149

Are there any head options that do not hide Hair? I kinda don't wanna run around with an empty armor slot (even though I am fashion soulsing it) but I also don't want to hide mah ponytail
ponytails are the cutest

Pontiff Knight Crown looks good and most of your hair is visible, if its long. Drops from the mobs in B
oreal
V
alley

Blinck

There's also A German Spy's playthrough but it's getting a little irritating.
I mean, I like the guy and I don't have any problems with criticising the game, but.. idk.

I used to really like AGS videos but since Dark Souls 2 he is just such a negative nancy that I can't stand it.
It really seems like he goes into everything that isn't Demon Souls or Dark Souls 1 with a negative and overly critical mindset. Besides that, he constantly blames the game even when it's his lack of skill that gets him a game over.
So yeah I get what you mean!

neoism

It is amazing how much easier this is than BB.

lol i guess since pvp wasnt that good and i didnt keep a meta level but i found BB easier than ds3.... ima stop worrying about level in ng+ though and just go ham... even the dlc which i played on ng++ in BB wasnt that hard besides larry... Kappa

neoism

If you mean Blue Smelter, 10000% agreed. Fuck the Iron Passage.

it sucks but yeah blue smelter took me 50 fucking tries.. most ever for me in a souls game not sure why... i one shotted fume samurai bro, and the three gank squad first try.... i got reallly good at going through the iron passage... i did do all of ds2 dlc on ng++ though..

pa22word

Is it better to do
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
first, or go to
Smouldering Lake
?

If you're a pyromancer or greatsword user then go to SL first. Otherwise just do it at the end of the game because the area is frankly kind of garbage overall with no payoff for doing any of it.

I don't remember parrying being this bad in earlier games (in pvp), so many people are just going for the parry -> OHK. Maybe one out of five duels is a decent fight.

pa22word

I don't remember parrying being this bad in earlier games (in pvp), so many people are just going for the parry -> OHK. Maybe one out of five duels is a decent fight.

Parry is easy to counter tho bro. Once they start the parry spam then counter with R2s to screw up their timing, or just kick them.

Most people are bad at it though and can be thrown off with mix ups. While I definitely think the hornet ring shouldn't exist, or at least should be like 10% and not 30%, dealing with players who try to parry constantly isn't too hard.

NEO0MJ

Two-handed, L2 (buff), R1->R2 is a guaranteed hit (sometimes? Still figuring it out), and it has killed EVERYONE I've hit it with. Using that and Gotthard. Borh crazy weapons.

Based on your av I thought you'd do nothing but cosplay as the Old Dragonslayer :p

Took down the T
win
P
rinces
last night. That is a goddamn tough fight. I was a nervous wreck too because I was carrying almost a million souls, and almost lost them several times. After the fight was over I finally decided to spent my souls and leveled up from 55 to 83 lol. Interestingly, I started getting summoned as a Bluebro more often after leveling up.

Now I'm doing A
rchdragon
P
eak
. My god, whoever designed this place is a sadist. Almost every enemy is a fucking nightmare. Lots of great loot though.

Finally beat the final boss
soul of cinder
at sl1 shieldless. What a total pain in the ass boss, I can't believe it took me 5 days of attempts to down this bastard

Kill video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9awTHx3Zso (spoilers!)

Wow. Very impressive work.

neoism

Best farming spot I've found, and I've done the math on quiet some, is Grand Archives. From the GA bonfire, run to the four first wax people near the little pool, then continue going till you've cleared the next section. You end up killing eight wax dudes and seven thralls, netting you 19k souls per minute. That's 1.1 mill per hour. Shield Of Want, Sign of Averice, Silver ring.

that bess

wwoow best soul farming...
http://youtu.be/iPdSPbijimk
3mil per hour

even though you have to have a certain build.... got to say only being able to respec 3 times is the fucking shittiest thing in the game.... wtf is soo bad about respecing as much as you want... im only making one character ever...
hell they could up the tongue cost or something.. 1 for first time and increasing by one every time after...... really dont know why miyazaki likes limiting players choices soo much...😤

Defuser

that bess

even though you have to have a certain build.... got to say only being able to respec 3 times is the fucking shittiest thing in the game.... wtf is soo bad about respecing as much as you want... im only making one character ever...
hell they could up the tongue cost or something.. 1 for first time and increasing by one every time after...... really dont know why miyazaki likes limiting players choices soo much...😤

Actually it's 5 times respec.

neoism

Actually it's 5 times respec.

oh well i did it before the patch so i only got to do twice because i didnt know you could cancel it and wasted my first rebirth because i was a hollow in the character creator....before i settled on a particular build but the fact that also changing your characters appearance takes a rebirth as well is really fucking annoying .... i really like playing around in the CC...

zma1013

that bess

I think it's 5 times per NG. Not sure why

Freeman76

Very much enjoyed the game, gonna leave it alone for a while before going into NG+ as the series is a bit too over familiar now. Bearing in mind i got to NG+7 on des and ds1 and they didnt leave my console for months, its clear im suffering burnout as DS3 just takes all the best bits and mashes them up.

At the moment my series goes Des/ds1>bb/ds3>ds2

zma1013

oh well i did it before the patch so i only got to do twice because i didnt know you could cancel it and wasted my first rebirth because i was a hollow in the character creator....before i settled on a particular build but the fact that also changing your characters appearance takes a rebirth as well is really fucking annoying .... i really like playing around in the CC...

Start a fresh NG, play in the character creator there, save whatever you've created, then exit out. You dont have to waste tries when you can do it infinetly at the start screen and save your faces.

neoism

Start a fresh NG, play in the character creator there, save whatever you've created, then exit out. You dont have to waste tries when you can do it infinetly at the start screen and save your faces.

im a one character player but yea ive saved faces but id still have to waste a rebirth if i wanted the change my characters appearance for that play through... i guess most ppl just make a new game with a new character but i dont.... its nice to even be able to do it anyway but still very choice limiting..should be infintie times... would have loved it in BB i got the body glitch soo yeah.

Manu

Well, apparently questlines are still broken.

The guide says to
give Rosaria a pale tongue and/or equip her ring in order for Leonhardt to appear in the room, but he never did.
Tried bonfire, quitting/restarting, nothing.

I've already completed
Sirris'
questline too.

knitoe

The guide says to
give Rosaria a pale tongue and/or equip her ring in order for Leonhardt to appear in the room, but he never did.

I've already completed
Sirris'
questline too.

You don't need to talk to him. Just come back later, find Rosaria dead and get the Gray eye and follow the rest of the questline.

dude

dude
If you're a pyromancer or greatsword user then go to SL first. Otherwise just do it at the end of the game because the area is frankly kind of garbage overall with no payoff for doing any of it.

Interesting. I've reached P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
today, but I might just go back and see what's down there.

Astral

I tried out the Storm Curved Sword or whatever and man is it weak even at 40 dexterity and fully upgraded. At least it's kinda cool I guess.

MilkBeard

Yeah that's just really stupid and annoying. Another reason why I never watch LPs, even so-called quality youtubers don't sound fun to watch at all.

He just wanted to understand the boss design better. I don't understand why this is annoying? You can always skip. I actually learned something from watching him fight. I didn't notice exactly how his design worked on my own playthrough.

Manu

You don't need to talk to him. Just come back later, find Rosaria dead and get the Gray eye and follow the rest of the questline.

Nope, still nothing.

Also, the
Usurpation
ending is awesome. I still think
End of Fire
is the canon ending, but this one was badass.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Beat the Princes and the Soul of Cinder! Both were excellent fights that took me a couple of tries each.

Going to do some farming before NG+. Missing two Undead Bone Shards still, too.

I asked earlier, but does anyone know if it's easy to just restore my NG save if I want to revert to that when the DLC drops instead of trying to tackle it in NG+?

Defuser

im a one character player but yea ive saved faces but id still have to waste a rebirth if i wanted the change my characters appearance for that play through... i guess most ppl just make a new game with a new character but i dont.... its nice to even be able to do it anyway but still very choice limiting..should be infintie times... would have loved it in BB i got the body glitch soo yeah.

You're missing out. I already have 4 characters with different builds and planning to do a 5th one because I love to beat all bosses down with that particular buildset without going into NG+. Plus if you respec you won't be drasically respec'ing your character into a entirely different build, it's more within your current build with a bit of tweaks if you know what to do.
And when the DLC drops, if your current character is in ng+, at least you got another character that is still in NG to do DLC without the NG+ difficulty.

One thing good about the soul games is that if you beat the game. You already know what weapon and items needed to make that build and you can acquire fast at low level and spec it, it's fun to see your co-op host be amazed that you wiped the floor with the boss with the build you made in the early part of the game.

MilkBeard

The guide says to

I've already completed
Sirris'
questline too.
I would say that the guide is probably not accurate.
I never equipped the ring and he still showed up for me. I think you simply need to continue Leonhardt's quest by talking to him a lot, and when you get to a certain point in the story he shows up there. I'm not sure what exactly the qualifiers are but I never equipped a ring nor gave her a pale tongue and he still showed up.

Did you get the red eye orb yet?

Yeah, this is part of the quest. You need this to complete it.

Dancer fight is so so so good

I'm at the point where I have it figured out and consistently get it down to a small fraction of the health bar, just need to keep it together when it gets to that point. Sharp uchi +6, add Carthus Rouge when it hits phase 2 to fuck it up

Decided to make a new character that I'll be using for my Platinum, and I'll be going with a spear wielding faith build. I want to keep my original in NG for DLC.

Robiin

Got done with
Anor Londo
today, so I assume I have to do
Irithyll Dungeon
next? Can anyone tell me how far I am (roughly) in the game? Much left to see?

Vena

It's not worth it IMO, it's too slow, cannot be buffed, and its two handed moveset is not very good.

BKGA has an amazing moveset when its self-buffed. Self-buff with Warcry, and then switch to 1-H with a parry shield, or just use a skill shield. That damage self-buff is also really good to have, and along with its enormous raw AR it more than makes up for its lack of ability to be buffed by spells or resin.

BKGA and BKGS are really good weapons in their extended movesets, and they go really well with a skill shield. So many infinite-poise frames.

Manu

Thanks! And is
Irithyll Dungeon
the way forward? Cause it's scary... :(

Oh yeah.

Man, it feels so good to finally do some real damage with the FUGS. At +5 and buffed with Carthus Flame Arc, it does about 500 dmg with a normal attack and almost 900 dmg with a charged R2. I destroyed the last three bosses in NG+ with it.

It's not worth it IMO, it's too slow, cannot be buffed, and its two handed moveset is not very good.

I would have to disagree. The BKGA is two-shotting every player I've encountered in PVP. The hyper armor is really good on it and the moveset is quite deceptive in making players think it's a slow weapon. 2H is definitely the way to go.

It also launches a lot of enemies with that sexy R2.

Robiin

It is.

Also it's home to the most bullshit enemies in the game.

Yeah I went in and explored for five minutes. Met those witches or w/e that not only did damage but actually made your max health lower until they died. That seemed like horse shit. I assume those are who you are talking about...

Yeah I went in and explored for five minutes. Met those witches or w/e that not only did damage but actually made your max health lower until they died. That seemed like horse shit. I assume those are who you are talking about...

Yep, the jailers. Don't let their red gaze see you, go behind them when they're doing it and kill hem right away.

Robiin

Yep, the jailers. Don't let their red gaze see you, go behind them when they're doing it and kill hem right away.
Yeah, sounds like fun if there is ever more than one at a time.

I am finding this weird ass thing that looks like a lizard with a baby face. It doesn't let me lock on or talk. Should I attack it?

So, whatever happened to multi-activation bloodstains? I remember on Day 1 of release I'd hit one bloodstain and every one around would active at once like in Dark Souls 2 (With the one I activated having a red ghost), but afterward now only one at a time shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom