• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
FUCK FROM for their NPC bullshit.

Trying to get Patches in a role of a merchant, but he's not here for me. he's not in Firelink, and he isn't near the bridge in the Cathedral of the deep, I've defeated Deacons, just in case.

FUCK FROM for their NPC bullshit.

Trying to get Patches in a role of a merchant, but he's not here for me. he's not in Firelink, and he isn't near the bridge in the Cathedral of the deep, I've defeated Deacons, just in case.

Go to the tower in Firelink, get up to the elevator and come down again, Patches should lock you and after escaping he should be at his spot in Firelink.

Yes, I did. I basically opened and done everything there, exept killing giants.

You have to open the second door, without reaching Rosaria's covenant. You probably did, that's why he's not there, you can still get him by doing what I described above.

Go to the tower in Firelink, get up to the elevator and come down again, Patches should lock you and after escaping he should be at his spot in Firelink.

You have to open the second door, without reaching Rosaria's covenant. You probably did, that's why he's not there, you can still get him by doing what I described above.

Will try, but I have no idea what "his spot" even is. Never actually met him so far

In terms of areas complete, can we get an overview?

Or are you just as far as
the aforementioned Cathedral
?

Just post
Polnareff
on this character

neoism

Remember that with two damage types on your weapon, the damage goes through two defences. If you add somewhere above 130 damage with your weapon buff, it might start adding some actual damage, but not really at all below in PvP.

so does that mean the drakblood GS sucks.. i have like 734 AR.....😔

So this farming for covenant items is killing me anybody wanna trade proofs or wolf grass lol or already maxed and wanna drop some. On ps4 I'm gettin these dam things

mxgt

Banned
I think
Grand Archives
may be my favourite place to invade and be invaded. Spent 3 hours invading there tonight, so much fun.

The proof farming is giving me brain cancer. There has to be another way! I've killed so many silver knights; I cannot carry the shards they drop anymore. Now every time they die, they leave behind a little bag of shard on the ground... My plan was to platinum this before UC4 hits. Now I don't think it's possible after all this farming, I'm still 17 proofs short... How can I be so unlucky (extremely low proof drop rate and never summoned as a blue)???

cMWGikJ.jpg

kfPMaSS.jpg

Yep thats how my game is looking as well. I need a break D:

edit:
Lol figured that that was more me venting the grind lol

Also you can not trade covenant magic or rings.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Let go of the platinum guys if it's that much of a grind... and live in hope that From will eventually patch/change the drop rates of the covenant items :p After playing the pc version I can hardly stomach the ps4 framerate anymore, so I don't think I'll ever get the plat

Balphon

So this farming for covenant items is killing me anybody wanna trade proofs or wolf grass lol or already maxed and wanna drop some. On ps4 I'm gettin these dam things

Would if I could, I have like 70 extra proofs. Seems rather silly that they'd make them unable to be traded.

Mokoi

Banned
Beat the game last night. A tad disappointed with it, but it filled the void I had. Wish there were more boss fights that made me feel like a badass after beating them. Gonna have to put
CHAMP NINJA KICK GUNDYR
as my #1.

Last boss was dope too. Didn't think I would beat him after a bottle of patron.

100 pecent skill involved, no luck.
https://youtu.be/UCki1BqliUk

Bossun

Finished!!! I finally finished farming those damn silver knights. It actually didn't took me that long once I decided to do just that. Around 4 it 5 Hours to farm 20.

You can trade rings. I've done it with a few on GAF and they all reported getting the trophy.
For real? Didnt know that. I assumed it would be the same as covenant magics.

Let go of the platinum guys if it's that much of a grind... and live in hope that From will eventually patch/change the drop rates of the covenant items :p After playing the pc version I can hardly stomach the ps4 framerate anymore, so I don't think I'll ever get the plat

But but but...I am only 13 darkmoon covenant items away D:

Rolfgang

Seriously,
Irrithyl Dungeon
is the worst area ever. Those
jailers
are extremely unfair, with their stare that reduces your max health and equip load. Almost every attack in that area results in an insta-death and the Sun Princess ring is practically mandatory. Praise the Sun that I'm finally through that area!

Dimmle

Seriously,
Irrithyl Dungeon
is the worst area ever. Those
jailers
are extremely unfair, with their stare that reduces your max health and equip load. Almost every attack in that area results in an insta-death and the Sun Princess ring is practically mandatory. Praise the Sun that I'm finally through that area!
Just stay out of their line of sight until you can rush them. They're not bad if you treat them cautiously.

Best way to grind the covenant items?

I'm a sun bro at the moment, and I feel that PvP stuff is proving to be a lot funner than just grinding bosses for Sunlight Medals. Where's the best place to Co-op for Sunlight Medals?

SDR-UK

Best way to grind the covenant items?

I'm a sun bro at the moment, and I feel that PvP stuff is proving to be a lot funner than just grinding bosses for Sunlight Medals. Where's the best place to Co-op for Sunlight Medals?

I did the Greatwood. Boss goes down very easy and you can just chip away at those Medals quickly.

Hmm moveset on those looks nice. Gonna have to try them out, and damm dude looks like you aren't even trying. How many times did it take?

Yeah, the moveset is really nice. The rolling L1 is super quick and has nice range on it.

Took like 6 tries I think to get the perfect down.

Vire

Anyone have tips for Lorian Elder? I've fought him about ten times and I can't beat it...

Any item combinations or something that I'm missing?

goonie

Anyone have tips for Lorian Elder? I've fought him about ten times and I can't beat it...

What's giving you trouble, exactly? I've found that getting the roll timing down and attacking once (at least while you're stilling learning the fight) makes it very back and forth and dance-like.

EDIT: Not sure if you're for/against summoning, but that's one of my favorite fights. I wouldn't mind helping!

MilkBeard

Catching up on ENB's playthrough and he just ran away from Sulyvahn's Beast :lol Doesn't even attempt to go back to respawn it. That's just not my style, first thing I did when that thing spawned is try to kick its ass and I did. What's there to lose? There's a bonfire not 5 seconds from that area. Weird.

The beast doesn't respawn in the same spot anyway.

Vire

Thank you for the suggestions, I keep doing more than one R1 because I felt I wasn't doing enough damage and lacking patience!
If I get really really stuck I'll ask for some help here with a summon, :)

test_account

XP-39C²
Man, the one shot parry attacks in PVP are kinda silly, in my opinion. One parry and you're basically done, over 1000 damage points. Luckily i havnt played against many who parry, but its annoying when it happens.

I'm going through the game as a new character with the Spiked Mace, (my first heavy weapon build in a Souls game) and I'm wondering what infusion would be best for it?
I started as a Deprived, and I'm currently at 40 strength, 15 luck, 12 int/fth, and 10 for everything else; I'm hollowed as well. I want to take advantage of bleed, but I'm not sure what to choose between standard, heavy, bleed, or hollow to infuse it with. I'm probably gonna be using Carthus Rouge to apply bleed to it to more than likely.

Tarkus

Man, the one shot parry attacks in PVP are kinda silly, in my opinion. One parry and you're basically done, over 1000 damage points. Luckily i havnt played against many who parry, but its annoying when it happens.
The game needs some more balance for sure. The power and hyper armor of large weapons needs to be offset by a reduction in parry damage.

Jombie

I'm trying to do it sl1 and losing my shit. I swear to Christ I did this fight on NG+4 and took damage once, and now I can't do anything right. Fuck those homing orbs and that goddamn teleporting sword slam. The fact that Lorian has virtually the same amount of HP in the second phase is obnoxious.

Vire

I'm trying to do it sl1 and losing my shit. I swear to Christ I did this fight on NG+4 and took damage once, and now I can't do anything right. Fuck those homing orbs and that goddamn teleporting sword slam. The fact that Lorian has virtually the same amount of HP in the second phase is obnoxious.
It's the teleportation bullshit that gets me every time. :(

Healing behind wall? Don't worry, I'll teleport right on top of you before the animation finishes. Lock on is also next to useless because he teleports far away with the sword slam move which de-locks you and then you have no idea where he is or which direction to roll to dodge it.

I don't think it's well balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom