• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonie

I did it! Roughly 10 hours to get 30 concords.....

Now what's left to do besides pvP? =/
Congrats! Try out different builds? Set different challenges for yourself? Play something else? :p

It's the teleportation bullshit that gets me every time. :(
The teleportation can definitely be tricky, but it seems like the timing required to dodge his attacks is still the same, even if he teleports mid-combo. The direction you roll shouldn't matter for most attacks.

Joey Ravn

Banned
OK, I'll concede and admit something good regarding multiplayer: co-opping as a Sunbro in the
Yohrm the Giant
boss fight is rad. It's easy, it's quick and people seem to be really cool all the time.

I think I'll grind out Sunlight Medals like this instead of farming. I only wish FROM would have included a way to farm the other covenant items without having to play PvP or spend hours upon hours farming mobs...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I don't understand how to get these Mound Maker vertebrae. And I don't want to do the stupid farming thing with summoning a friend.

Jombie

Congrats! Try out different builds? Set different challenges for yourself? Play something else? :p

The teleportation can definitely be tricky, but it seems like the timing required to dodge his attacks is still the same, even if he teleports mid-combo. The direction you roll shouldn't matter for most attacks.

I don't think a boss should ever leave your camera view. The tracking magic path has a slow wind-up, but it's so hard to make out where Lorian is sometimes that I still die. There's way too much clutter and shit in the boss room. I shouldn't have to fight the boss, the camera and view-obscuring particle effects all at the same time.

These end-game bosses are the biggest roadblocks I've ever had to deal with on one of these runs and for all the wrong reasons. I should have beaten Dragonslayer in a few tries but got consistently blindsided and one-shot by giant homing magic orb. I hate some of the RNG bullshit in this game.

J-Skee

Stupid question: how does summoning work? My friend & I are trying to co-op with a password, but we don't see each other's summon signs.

Laws00

I have a very important question about the ending of the game that i'd like to know at least trophy wise

I beat the game and I light the fire.
Now when it said do you want to Journey 2 I declined. I ran all the way up to the top of bonefire by lord of cinder and the it's not lit. I want to know is can I give the firekeeper her eyes and i'll trigger the 2nd ending or I need to fight the boss all over again. I'm just scared that if do that and decided to continue my journey again I want to kill her and take the eyes back she'll stay dead

goonie

I don't think a boss should ever leave your camera view. The tracking magic path has a slow wind-up, but it's so hard to make out where Lorian is sometimes that I still die. There's way too much clutter and shit in the boss room. I shouldn't have to fight the boss, the camera and view-obscuring particle effects all at the same time.

These end-game bosses are the biggest roadblocks I've ever had to deal with on one of these runs and for all the wrong reasons. I should have beaten Dragonslayer in a few tries but got consistently blindsided and one-shot by giant homing magic orb. I hate some of the RNG bullshit in this game.
I agree that a boss shouldn't leave your camera view while locked on. However, I think the slow wind up is forgiving enough to give you time to react. If you can't find him, I think the sound cue of the sword slamming is what you should use to gauge roll timing. All this is easier said than done, though. :p

If you're not having fun with your SL1 run, why not just take a break?

how are PC controls? am i better off with a controller?
If it's anything like the other games on PC, definitely use a controller.

Stupid question: how does summoning work? My friend & I are trying to co-op with a password, but we don't see each other's summon signs.
The host (person trying to summon) must be embered and their boss must be alive. I think those are the only requirements.

I have a very important question about the ending of the game that i'd like to know at least trophy wise
Each ending will require a new playthrough. Also, the
eyes will be removed from your inventory once you start NG+ no matter what.

Skii

Oh man. Shit is going down now in story.

I'm at the Profaned Capital. Managed to find Seigward and freed him. And then I went straight to the boss battle. This area is ridiculously small.

Siegward coming into the boss fight with me was amazing. The fight was a joke though. Yhorm kept getting knocked down by some sort of spell by Siegward which eventually killed him. No real input from me. Anyway, try to talk to Siegward and then I get whisked off to face the Dancer of the Frigid Valley. I get beat and decide to go back to Yhorm's boss room because I remember seeing an item off in the distance. It was fucking Storm Ruler. FUCKING STORM RULER!!! Is this what links Dark Souls and Demon's Souls together? After all this time? I hope so.

And then I see another item off in the distance and it's all of Siegeward's armor and another Storm Ruler...
Did I finish his quest? Did I actually finish someone's quest during my first playthrough?

Anyway, beat the Dancer on my second try. Pretty easy. No onto Lothric Castle. This does feel end gamey even though I've only clocked around 25 hours.

I'm also rocking a Profamed Greatsword +3. Pretty decent range and damage.

kencey

Nameless King
is making my Pyro his biiiiitch lol
Wasn't so hard on my Knight with that Lighting Resist shield.

Oh man. Shit is going down now in story.

I'm at the Profaned Capital. Managed to find Seigward and freed him. And then I went straight to the boss battle. This area is ridiculously small.

Siegward coming into the boss fight with me was amazing. The fight was a joke though. Yhorm kept getting knocked down by some sort of spell by Siegward which eventually killed him. No real input from me. Anyway, try to talk to Siegward and then I get whisked off to face the Dancer of the Frigid Valley. I get beat and decide to go back to Yhorm's boss room because I remember seeing an item off in the distance. It was fucking Storm Ruler. FUCKING STORM RULER!!! Is this what links Dark Souls and Demon's Souls together? After all this time? I hope so.

And then I see another item off in the distance and it's all of Siegeward's armor and another Storm Ruler...
Did I finish his quest? Did I actually finish someone's quest during my first playthrough?

Anyway, beat the Dancer on my second try. Pretty easy. No onto Lothric Castle. This does feel end gamey even though I've only clocked around 25 hours.

I'm also rocking a Profamed Greatsword +3. Pretty decent range and damage.

Probably just a tribute. Profaned Capital is such an underused area. It sounded really important but it's small and only has one boss.

Lothric Castle is
the "end" of the game, but it has 3 areas, at least 3 bosses, and a pretty big secret.

goonie

It was fucking Storm Ruler. FUCKING STORM RULER!!! Is this what links Dark Souls and Demon's Souls together? After all this time? I hope so.
There are tons of items/characters from Demon's Souls in these games (Patches, Xanthous headpiece, Moonlight Greatsword), but I can't tell you how happy I was for the Storm Ruler's return. :D

Skii

Probably just a tribute. Profaned Capital is such an underused area. It sounded really important but it's small and only has one boss.

Lothric Castle is
the "end" of the game, but it has 3 areas, at least 3 bosses, and a pretty big secret.

Yeah, I'll make final judgements when I finish the game but it does make
Yhorm
very anticlimactic. There should've been an extra area and boss battle to really flesh the area out. The dungeon didn't even have a boss fight.

This game is definitely shorter than I expected if this is essentially end game. Might be able to finish this in 40 hours. I'm hoping this properly ties up all the entire Dark Souls trilogy in one beautiful ribbon. I've been waiting for this for a very long time.

There are tons of items/characters from Demon's Souls in these games (Patches, Xanthous headpiece, Moonlight Greatsword), but I can't tell you how happy I was for the Storm Ruler's return. :D

Yeah but this was an extremely specific item to Demon's Souls. But if it isn't linking Demon's to Dark Souls, I don't see the point of it existing aside from fan service.

Sande

Man, the one shot parry attacks in PVP are kinda silly, in my opinion. One parry and you're basically done, over 1000 damage points. Luckily i havnt played against many who parry, but its annoying when it happens.
It's so easy to counter though. The parry fishers can be usually spotted by their passiveness (and a parry shield/weapon, obviously). After that it's one charged strong attack or something else with unpredictable timing and they're done. Or at the very least they probably won't try to parry you again.

edit: Of course it can be a bit trickier if they play the long con and parry you out of nowhere half a minute into the fight, but almost every single time someone has tried to parry me, it has been obvious from the get-go.

How close are your levels? The larger the differences, the longer it can take. What area as well? Sometimes it's faster to place the summon sign away from the bonfire.

Also some areas will only allow you to summon 1 person, most areas allow you to summons 2 people.

Just my experiences playing the entire game coop with 1-3 rl friends.

Having so much more fun on my second character. The Assassin class is basically set up from the get go for my favourite build: sorcery/rapier, makes me wish Velka's Rapier was in this game!

The Estoc is ripping through everything even at only +2 Raw I was having no problems with everything up to Road of Sacrifices. Will revert it back from Raw now it's +4 and start upping DEX. I miss the double hit on the running attack, but other than that the Estoc is still as good as it was in DS1.

I'm trying to get platinum on this character, I keep reading the horror stories about covenant rewards, I'm not there yet but I am finding the NPC stuff really cryptic, I feel like if I'm not constantly checking a list or wiki I'm going to fuck up a questline. I don't know what the conditions are to get Patches to lock you in the Firelink Shrine tower, I think maybe he didn't show up because I got the items from the falls before the Firekeeper Soul, or I used the tree jump to get on the roof before getting the key. It has to be something like that.

Soulhouf

Speaking of Patches, this is how I punished him in my last playthrough:

ChocDD8WUAAs3I5.jpg:orig

ChocDPfWEAAwKK4.jpg:orig

Felt good.

Why do I ever think the endings of these games will be good? I got the supposed best ending and it was like 5 seconds long and said nothing. :( still a fun game tho.

Manu

More failed questline shit.

I sent Greirat to Irythill, only after making sure to meet Siegward in the kitchen. He died anyway.

acklame

Just completed my first play through - great game and a ton of fun.

This is my second souls game after bloodborne, it was challenging but definitely felt easier than bloodborne.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Man, the one shot parry attacks in PVP are kinda silly, in my opinion. One parry and you're basically done, over 1000 damage points. Luckily i havnt played against many who parry, but its annoying when it happens.

Its always been like that. Thats why vigor and recognizing when people are baiting you is important. Though it is kinda weird that the hornet ring went totally unnerfed from its DS1 incarnation. Nearly ever other ring is at its weakest in this game (save a few like the Silvercat Ring or the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring). And you dont even have to get an upgraded version in NG++ to get the benefits.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Any way to tell how much poise/stagger damage a weapon does like in Dark Souls II?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Finished my SL1, no wep upgrade run.

I think I hate life a little more than when I started.

Jesus... I feel like levels matter more in this one than any previous entry. And no weapon upgrades? That's nuts!

What weapon did you use?

kagamin

More failed questline shit.

I sent Greirat to Irythill, only after making sure to meet Siegward in the kitchen. He died anyway.

I didn't talk to him until after I did the boss, then afterwards
Greirat
was alive and I went back and he was still there in the kitchen.

Hitchhy

Neo Member
Finished my all NPC quest run with a new character and getting all spells, gestures and rings too, currently I am in NG+ going for the new versions of the rings and the covenant specific things on the side, but never getting summoned, will probably raise my item discovery as high as I can in NG++ and then farm all the covenant items I can, the once you can't farm will be pure luck though I guess :/

Sarcasm

I've hit a wall in this game. Its in the tomb area after the boss in smoldering lake (before you get to a ladder that goes up to the baristas)

On top that heavy knight NPC dude next to stairs is tough. He parried me while I was rolling away >.>

kagamin

I've hit a wall in this game. Its in the tomb area after the boss in smoldering lake (before you get to a ladder that goes up to the baristas)

On top that heavy knight NPC dude next to stairs is tough. He parried me while I was rolling away >.>

If you need a hint:
It's an optional area you can come back to that later. :p

Can someone on NG summon a friend on NG+ as an invader?

Invasions/Summoning are not separated by NGs.

zewone

Finally decided to farm the Silver Knights to get my trophy.

9 1/2 hours later...

I'd like to mention that in that 9 1/2 hours I was only summoned once and the host died immediately before I could do anything.

Sarcasm

Getting the different endings sounds as tedious as covenant items...is it?

I didn't 100% DS1 due to the tedious farming cheevos. I may end up in the same boat for DS3.

kagamin

Time to share my feelings:

I personally find Dark Souls 3 to be a disappointment in terms of lack on replayability, no hard mode covenant, no enemy placement changes for NG+, reliance on Dark Souls 1 nostalgia, no invasions or friendly summoning in areas where you've beaten the boss, no PVP arena. Its just overall missing a lot of the things that kept me playing Dark Souls 2 for 781 hours, which is a damn shame because I like it more than the first game because of the boss fights.

zma1013

So apparently you can't use the word "Knight" in your character name without part of it being censored out. I just played with a guy named "K***ht Solaire"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom