• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

So apparently you can't use the word "Knight" in your character name without part of it being censored out. I just played with a guy named "K***ht Solaire"

Same thing happened in Dark Souls 2, the censor is kinda dumb and people get away with a lot of stuff anyways by being clever.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So apparently you can't use the word "Knight" in your character name without part of it being censored out. I just played with a guy named "K***ht Solaire"

Yeah "nig" is censored... so stupid.

I did see a Knight Solaire just now in the Cathedral though, and it wasn't censored. Wonder how he got around it...

Edit: seems like "nig" is a PC only censor, PS4 isn't censored. It does have censorship though 'cause I've seen character names with *** in them. Weird...

TitusTroy

to make peace with the
Giant of the Undead Settlement
do you need the Young White Branch in your inventory beforehand or do you just need to talk to him regardless if you have it or not?

kagamin

to make peace with the
Giant of the Undead Settlement
do you need the Young White Branch in your inventory beforehand or do you just need to talk to him regardless if you have it or not?

You don't need it, after I talked to S
iegward
I went up immediately and I still did it.

LogicStep

I'm guessing the small shields that have the upwards motion for the parry animation are the ones that have the better parry frames? I got the Llewellyn Shield which has some nice stats for a small shield but it has the regular shield parry animation and kinda feels harder to parry with it. I guess I'll have to stick to my Target Shield?

kagamin

I'm guessing the small shields that have the upwards motion for the parry animation are the ones that have the better parry frames? I got the Llewellyn Shield which has some nice stats for a small shield but it has the regular shield parry animation and kinda feels harder to parry with it. I guess I'll have to stick to my Target Shield?

Just use caestus in your off hand to parry, easy parry. :p

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Got 15 proofs of Concord all from begin summoned as a blue spirit. Am I just getting lucky or is it because I haven't leveled up since hitting lvl 100 and haven't started ng+. I get summoned at least 3 time per hour of gameplay.

I've never platinum any game on PlayStation since trophies were a thing but I feel like this is the first game I might want to. Still absolutely in love with it. I do wish I would ha e crated a cloud save before initiating the endingsbut I didn't so I guess I'm stuck having to replay twice for those.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Got 15 proofs of Concord all from begin summoned as a blue spirit. Am I just getting lucky or is it because I haven't leveled up since hitting lvl 100 and haven't started ng+. I get summoned at least 3 time per hour of gameplay.

Whoa what? At SL100? Which platform?

Echoplx

I've never platinum any game on PlayStation since trophies were a thing but I feel like this is the first game I might want to. Still absolutely in love with it. I do wish I would ha e crated a cloud save before initiating the endingsbut I didn't so I guess I'm stuck having to replay twice for those.

I was SL100 in NG when I farmed, only got a single summon.

There's definitely something broken with the matchmaking.

DietRob

Fwiw I'm in US and do not have crossregion on. I usually play after 9 PM est. Doesn't matter the day. I feel like if I had 5 or 6 hours of playtime I could easily get the next 15. It's 30 total right?

Renekton

Terrible input lag!! (PC) Halp

Strangely the game stopped telling me if I got invaded. Twice already I was minding my own business then a red dude showed up.

Aces&Eights

In the cathedral, I was getting quite a few blue summons. SL 74.

Outside Dancer, I was getting summoned as sunbro before the animation for putting down my summon sign finished.

Ps4. 5pm pdt to 1030pm pdt

DietRob

What about the endings is it true I have to replay the whole game again for the dif endings since I do t have a early backup save?

DietRob

Darn ok. I got the first ending and thr n afterwards gaive the
firekeeper eyes
that kind sucked. Shouldn't have done that in guess.

Right now I'm at 67 hours played . finished right around 55 so since then just been running around getting summoned. I'm not sure if I can be summoned as easily once I start my+ so that why I'm holding off.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
There is always a message that pops up to tell you if someone has invaded.

No, there isn't. Might be lag or glitchy but I've often had invaders show up without warning.

Might be because another message before it ("dark spirit XXX has died" or "unable to summon phantom") took priority somehow and the queued message never showed, but yeah. It happens.

No, there isn't. Might be lag or glitchy but I've often had invaders show up without warning.

Might be because another message before it ("dark spirit XXX has died" or "unable to summon phantom") took priority somehow and the queued message never showed, but yeah. It happens.

Yeah, I also think I have experienced a lot of invasions not notifying me. Unless the bottom third of the monitor is a weird blind-spot for me.

Yeah, I also think I have experienced a lot of invasions not notifying me. Unless the bottom third of the monitor is a weird blind-spot for me.

Strange, I haven't had that happen in 130 hours on PC.

Mokoi

Banned
Finally decided its about time to try my hand at invading. Been having a lot of fun, and it such a great feeling killing hosts who have three peps summoned for help.

All I want from people is a nice friendly toast, but for some reason they won't come up here.
https://u.pomf.is/evwbyw.webm

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
no, you don't get invaded by your own covenant and if you beat the area boss, you will no longer be invaded by them.

I know about the boss (btw Abyss Watcher applies to crab lake too, you can still be invaded by Watchdogs there after killing the Crystal Sage), but I wasn't sure about the covenant since Belfries were free-for-alls in DS2.

Alo0oy

Banned
The Twin Princes weapons are amazing, all three of them.

It feels like quality builds get all the best weapons, so I respecced my main to 40/40, and I got a weapon in each class at +9 or +10 (+4 or +5 in the case of special weapons), and I've got the best weapon in each class basically, there's no reason to do a DEX or STR build.

bati

Yeah, there's a pretty strong bias towards quality this time around. Not to mention how well it fits into the 120 meta compared to caster builds.

Speaking of casters - I really want to make another pyro run for some reason. I don't know what about it makes it so fun but I just enjoy flinging fireballs at enemies so much. Can I transfer the rings from my NG++ character to a new character as soon as I reach High wall of Lothric?

0racle

Man, I dont think I can play these games any more

I get way way way to high strung and I physically feel different during/after a sitting. I focus SO much on it that im over exerting myself mentally. I get headaches/weird chest pains and I get a bit jittery. Bloodborne was the first FROM game I played and I felt the same way.

Please tell me im near the end? im at that archdragon peak

The Twin Princes weapons are amazing, all three of them.

It feels like quality builds get all the best weapons, so I respecced my main to 40/40, and I got a weapon in each class at +9 or +10 (+4 or +5 in the case of special weapons), and I've got the best weapon in each class basically, there's no reason to do a DEX or STR build.
Unless it's for some highly specific reason, I agree on the Dex front, because the most difficult stat requirements to meet for a lot of Dex weapons require you to be at least a semi-Quality build anyway.

Even just doing a build focused on a single physical damage stat, you can just use Luck for that in a lot of cases.

Strength, however. I know of at least one reason to go strength-focused and that's because there are strength weapons with incredibly high requirements compared to Dex.

I get way way way to high strung and I physically feel different during/after a sitting. I focus SO much on it that im over exerting myself mentally. I get headaches/weird chest pains and I get a bit jittery. Bloodborne was the first FROM game I played and I felt the same way.

Yes. Almost there depending on what you have done.

Man. fuck the N
ameless
K
ing
. Anybody have some tips for this fight?

2H Claymore user here.
dont go under the him first phase. That causes the fire breath attack. Also first phase is weak against lighting, 2nd phase is weak against fire. He tends to do 2-3 hit combos, roll towards him IMO.

bati

Man. fuck the N
ameless
K
ing
. Anybody have some tips for this fight?

2H Claymore user here.

Lock on to the rider in p1 to rein in the camera a bit. Switch to his steed when it's time to hit the head. In phase two be ready to dodge 2-4 times in a row, depending on the combo he does.

Personally I'd drop the claymore, the best strategy to beat this boss in phase two is to get him into a riposte animation and the best way to do that is to use a fast weapon (Longsword or other straight swords) because you can hit him 3-4 times before he recovers. Do that twice and he'll stagger. At about 50% in p2 he'll start charging his spear - that's your cue to lay down the deeps and get him into another stagger before he can do too much damage. You've basically won at this point.

Alo0oy

Banned
Unless it's for some highly specific reason, I agree on the Dex front, because the most difficult stat requirements to meet for a lot of Dex weapons require you to be at least a semi-Quality build anyway.

Even just doing a build focused on a single physical damage stat, you can just use Luck for that in a lot of cases.

Strength, however. I know of at least one reason to go strength-focused and that's because there are strength weapons with incredibly high requirements compared to Dex.

Very few weapons require more than 40 strength, any weapon that requires more than 40 STR is as niche as full dex builds.

BeeDog

Started farming the Silver Knights now in NG. The only covenant I have left and the game clock is at ~52 hours, 8 Proofs in my inventory. Wonder what the clock will say when I'm done... Probably one of the most boring things I've ever done in a game. Ever.

Very few weapons require more than 40 strength, any weapon that requires more than 40 STR is as niche as full dex builds.
At least it's a niche, AFAIK pretty much every Dex weapon besides the odd non-infusable weapon can just be made into Refined, so there's no real need to specialize in pure-Dex.

Even this A scaling Dex weapon I have shows up as B/B for Refined.

Novocaine

Man even at 99 STR and 50 DEX Yhorm's Machete has a higher AR than FUGS. That's so depressing. FUGS was such a bad ass weapon in 2.

Started farming the Silver Knights now in NG. The only covenant I have left and the game clock is at ~52 hours, 8 Proofs in my inventory. Wonder what the clock will say when I'm done... Probably one of the most boring things I've ever done in a game. Ever.

Remember you get 2 from pick ups in the world. So that's 6 total you don't have to farm if you plan on going for the platinum.

Not much of a consolation but it might save an hour or two.

knitoe

Are you killing all 3 Knights? I read somewhere saying it was faster to only kill the first 2, but after a few hours and getting probably 1 / hr, I decided to kill all of them and the drop rate increase big time.

Man even at 99 STR and 50 DEX Yhorm's Machete has a higher AR than FUGS. That's so depressing. FUGS was such a bad ass weapon in 2.

Remember you get 2 from pick ups in the world. So that's 6 total you don't have to farm if you plan on going for the platinum.

Not much of a consolation but it might save an hour or two.
yo uhh where is the 2nd located at?

You're in
one of the hardest areas. It's optional but completely worth it for the epic boss fight at the end. And you should be close to the end since you needed to have beaten that cursed garden area in order to get to archdragon in the first place

There's one just before Aldrich on the stairs, and another one in the Irithyll church.

Damn I thought there was 2 but I missed one during my ng+ playthrough when I just ran to the bosses. O well just 9 left now..

ugh I killed 120 silver knights just today..and only got 3 drops and 1 pickup.

Does anyone play alone anymore god damn. Trying to get those vertebrae shackles in the higher level sucks. Every damn host has two phantoms at all time.

Well here it is folks, the biggest online desync I've ever had in a Souls game. I don't know if there was a single point where the host could actually see me or interact with me. Here's the entire ~20 minute invasion sped up 250% (6:19) and some highlights.

This happened to me several times, the PC netcode is totally utter trash: Between that desync that makes people not doing animations, to unable to going through fog walls, to not being able to hit people but they can (sometimes I doubt if it's a hacker, but then someone else invades and can hurt them), and a big list of glitches, it has been a disaster.

I say PC, because after 100h on the PS4 since JP release none of this happened, maybe some bug, but online worked like 100x better.

Unless some patch added all these problems to all platforms...

Santiako

Then don't do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom