• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meccs

I did Aldrich Faithful all day yesterday and have never seen a blue. Either no one equips WotB or this sh*t is really broken. This zone would be the ideal spot.

Ferr986

At least it's a niche, AFAIK pretty much every Dex weapon besides the odd non-infusable weapon can just be made into Refined, so there's no real need to specialize in pure-Dex.

Even this A scaling Dex weapon I have shows up as B/B for Refined.

DEX seems to be almost just for the Chaos Blade, and even with the S scaling it's not as OP as Souls 2 (that could be ever buffed).

That crazy moment when you think a Chaos Blade could do with a buff....

Sande

I actually really enjoy getting platinum in games I like but DS3 is just beyond broken in that respect. I'm not farming silver knights for 10 hours for one miracle.

BeeDog

Then don't do it?

I'm a completionist, so yay me (I want the Platinum since I have maxed all Soulsborne games previously). I'd much rather PvP, but I haven't been summoned once for Blue Sentinels or the Darkmoon covenants, it's broken beyond all belief.

10 more Concords now, and then I'm done. Went a bit smoother than expected, but still boring. After that I can finally move onto NG+ and NG++.

I'm a completionist, so yay me (I want the Platinum since I have maxed all Soulsborne games previously). I'd much rather PvP, but I haven't been summoned once for Blue Sentinels or the Darkmoon covenants, it's broken beyond all belief.

10 more Concords now, and then I'm done. Went a bit smoother than expected, but still boring. After that I can finally move onto NG+ and NG++.

Blue Sentinel not getting summoned makes sense. No one uses WotB and most nooks probably don't even equip it even of they wanted help.

Darkmoon doesn't make sense though. There has to be a ton of sinners out there. Do they have to be embered for Darkmoon to be called? That's the only reason I can think that would make it so slow. If it worked like in DS2, it would be summons for days.

SDR-UK

Blue Sentinel not getting summoned makes sense. No one uses WotB and most nooks probably don't even equip it even of they wanted help.

Darkmoon doesn't make sense though. There has to be a ton of sinners out there. Do they have to be embered for Darkmoon to be called? That's the only reason I can think that would make it so slow. If it worked like in DS2, it would be summons for days.

Blue Sentinels and Blade of the Darkmoon are the same thing in this game, barring name. It requires a host be wearing the Way of the Blue to get summoned.

And it sucks.

myco666

Darkmoon is the same as Blue Sentinels in this game. Darkmoon also get summoned for Way of the Blue covenant members. No other way to get those Proofs.

Mokoi

Banned

That sucks. I have to remove darkmoon covenant because I constantly get summoned. lol

Blue Sentinels and Blade of the Darkmoon are the same thing in this game, barring name. It requires a host be wearing the Way of the Blue to get summoned.

And it sucks.

Darkmoon is the same as Blue Sentinels in this game. Darkmoon also get summoned for Way of the Blue covenant members. No other way to get those Proofs.

Damn, From really screwed that up. Darkmoon especially. Can't believe they messed up covenants so badly after DS2 doing them so well.

Edit:
When people are resorting to farming a rare drop for hours because that is more efficient than participating in a core game mechanic, then they really fucked up. This is especially egregious since it is happening at the highest user activity time the game will ever see. I really hope they change the game mechanic to invasions at all times and not just while embered while area boss is alive.

KHlover

Banned
YEEEES, beat AW on my first try in NG+ with the Greatsword. That boss had me a bit worried because the Greatsword is so slow, but with added Great Magic Weapon it hit like a truck.

How do I help people at bosses? Do I need a covenant to get something out of that?

You can help as a white phantom, but that only nets you an ember. As a sunbro you get Ember+Sunlight medal.

Just lay down your summoning sign at the appropriate spot (usually in front of the boss fog or the nearest bonfire) and wiat to get summoned.

This is some bullshit. I beat Aldrich, got 50,000 souls, and then immediately got killed by that dancer boss and lost all those souls. And I have no idea where to go now to fight that dancer boss again. I have no idea where she even is now. I had no heal spells left by the time I had to fight that dancer. I couldn't have won. 50,000 souls gone. It's just infuriating.

Remember where you got the Small Banner? Go there.

This is some bullshit. I beat Aldrich, got 50,000 souls, and then immediately got killed by that dancer boss and lost all those souls. And I have no idea where to go now to fight that dancer boss again. I have no idea where she even is now. I had no heal spells left by the time I had to fight that dancer. I couldn't have won. 50,000 souls gone. It's just infuriating.

The room should be familiar to you. It is where you got the banner in High Wall of Lothric.

SDR-UK

The boss is located where you got the
small Lothric banner
earlier in the game. The best way to get there is to go to the
Vordt bonfire
and then head up the stairs and straight on. Good luck!

But you're not forced into that fight. Also
the location of the fight is up the stairs from Vordt of the Boreal Valley. You've been there already

Sande

Does anyone play alone anymore god damn. Trying to get those vertebrae shackles in the higher level sucks. Every damn host has two phantoms at all time.
Use red soapstone. It usually takes less than a minute to get summoned right after Irithyll cathedral. Most people are looking for a fair duel, although there are some "fights clubs" which makes things a bit slower.

Anybody willing to help out with
Lothric castle? Really don't feel like going through that 3 assassin's ambush alone over and over again, every time that winged knight kills me with his BS delayed swings

Go straight back from the Vordt bonfire.

Also 50k Souls is nothing to cry about. I need 100k for a level now in NG+ :(

SDR-UK

Lothric castle? Really don't feel like going through that 3 assassin's ambush alone over and over again, every time that winged knight kills me with his BS delayed swings

PlayStation? If so, hit me up. PSN is the same as my username.

Umm... but there is like nothing there. Just run past them and the fatso and grab the one (1) loot. Don't need to fight him at all.

The room should be familiar to you. It is where you got the banner in High Wall of Lothric.

The boss is located where you got the
small Lothric banner
earlier in the game. The best way to get there is to go to the
Vordt bonfire
and then head up the stairs and straight on. Good luck!

Thanks. I'll try to find it.

But you're not forced into that fight. Also
the location of the fight is up the stairs from Vordt of the Boreal Valley. You've been there already

Not forced? I couldn't find any way out of it. Oh well.

Sande

You initiate the fight by walking up to the statue after the cutscene. You can also use a homeward bone to get out of a boss fight.

I think it's a bit poorly executed. The game throws you literally a couple of steps away from a boss fight just after another boss fight and doesn't give you a proper warning.

JTCx

I hope FromSoft is aware of the blue sentinel/darkmoon covenant problems and get it fixed. I really want to work on my faith build and i havent gotten a single summon at all.

Bossun

Thanks. I'll try to find it.

You can not talk to the lady. Also people seems to Forget there's an item called homeward bone. Or the coil. Everytime I get into a fight with a boss I didn't want to fight right now I use one to go exploring again before going back to the boss.

BeeDog

All covenant farming/grinding done, thank the lords of cinder.

Regarding that "Master of Infusion" trophy, does anyone have any good suggestions on how to perform the infusions? I'd prefer to use the gems on the most fitting/suitable weapons, so I don't infuse stuff randomly. Any help is appreciated.

Floody

Regarding that "Master of Infusion" trophy, does anyone have any good suggestions on how to perform the infusions? I'd prefer to use the gems on the most fitting/suitable weapons, so I don't infuse stuff randomly. Any help is appreciated.

I just backed up a save, got the trophy and reloaded the save so I didn't waste anything.

Novocaine

I just infused a shit weapon with each one in one go. Was like 30k souls I think. No real point having individual weapons that you'll never use, and the stones are plentiful.

Ferr986

Those who cleared their first run with a magic only build are heroes.

I'm doing a pyro build and I'm sitll meeleing because it's easier and faster. And supposedly pyro is the strongest magic at start.

mulac

How important is Vitality? Currently rocking at 30 but I am thinking before jumping into NG+ to ramp up my luck (at +12 now) to 20 taking the points out of Vitality with a Pale Tongue. I need a few new items and want to farm covenants for the Plat.

For the record I'm running my main build as STR with:

VIG: 30
END: 30
STR: 55
DEX: 30 (drop to 25)
VIT: 30 (drop to 20)
INT: 15 (with ring)
LUK: 12

I've beaten the game with my trusty Dark Knight Greatsword so hopefully don't lose that.

Advice appreciated.

BeeDog

Thanks guys, infused a shit weapon with all gems and just got it. Now to check off minor things before moving into NG+. Loving this game, I'd say it comes quite close to Bloodborne and annihilates its predecessor.

mulac

Thanks guys, infused a shit weapon with all gems and just got it. Now to check off minor things before moving into NG+. Loving this game, I'd say it comes quite close to Bloodborne and annihilates its predecessor.

If I may...what minor things? :)

How important is Vitality? Currently rocking at 30 but I am thinking before jumping into NG+ to ramp up my luck (at +12 now) to 20 taking the points out of Vitality with a Pale Tongue. I need a few new items and want to farm covenants for the Plat.

I've beaten the game with my trusty Dark Knight Greatsword so hopefully don't lose that.

Advice appreciated.
As long as you are under < 70 % weight you are good. I think I only level Vitality to 24 or 25.

Damn right it destroys DaS2.

I guess I need to buy that PS4K in the end to finally play Bloodborne because of the constant praise it gets from *real* Souls fans.

Advice appreciated.

Akaic, anything over 20 in Vitality is a waste of levels. Slap on a Havel's Ring for some added measure and wear slightly lighter armours which all look better than the heaviest ones.

Luck is only useful if you're going for a Bleed/Poison build, otherwise leave it as low as you can.

I've finished the game with a Quality Build with some added points in Intelligence for Great Magic Weapon buff.

Before starting NG+ I switched to a Dex/Luck build with a Carthus Curved Sword and some 30 points in Faith for Lightning Blade buff (for bosses that don't bleed easily) and I've been destroying shit till Abyss Watchers. I think I've only died coz I forgot about enemy placements and ran in to a bunch of them in a hurry to reach the boss room or due to an ill-timed jump or due to an invader getting the better of me.

Essentially, if you want to go with luck, you will most likely have to use a mix of Dex/Luck or Quality/Luck with Endurance on slightly higher side (at least 25), stock up on Carthus Rouge and get something like Carthus curved sword or Onikiri/Ubadachi. If you like heavy weapons, I'd recommend the Carthus Curved Greatsword. Poison is trash in this game, so don't bother trying to go for a poison build. I think only the
Crystal Sage
is weak to poison. Also, leave luck at 30 as a Hollow-infused weapon at +10 will give you +5 luck when you're at 15 hollowing (when you start doing
Yoel's questline
).

So add a Caestus or a shield in the off-hand and you can essentially hit the soft-cap while keeping the point investment at a minimum. Two-handing a weapon while a hollowed off-hand shield is equipped still provides you with a +10 luck bonus.

Damn right it destroys DaS2.

I guess I need to buy that PS4K in the end to finally play Bloodborne because of the constant praise it gets from *real* Souls fans.

"May the good blood guide your way"

If I may...what minor things? :)
I would assume the minor things would be collecting all the available rings, sorceries, pyromancies, miracles and gestures. Frankly I was able to run tho ng++ within 2 hours. The only terrible thing is getting the covenant rank 2. Since there items required for acquiring all rings, sorceries, pyromancies, miracles and gestures behind rank 2. IMO the major pain is the darkmoon and watchdogs. Since I got summon perhaps 6 times with both? and a few times I did not get the covenant reward. The PvE darkmoon covenant item drop rate is terrible. Like I mention previous, I killed 120 silver knights and got only 3 darkmoon covenant items to drop. My item discovery is 429 as well..

zoukka

You can help as a white phantom, but that only nets you an ember. As a sunbro you get Ember+Sunlight medal.

Just lay down your summoning sign at the appropriate spot (usually in front of the boss fog or the nearest bonfire) and wiat to get summoned.

How do I put down the sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom