• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
So I ended up beating NG+ in its entirety, which I never do with these games. I always start NG+ and then get bored soon after, but something about DS3 kept my attention and I loved going through the game again.

Soul of Cinder
and
Nameless King
were two of my toughest fights in NG, each one taking me over a dozen attempts to beat. On NG+ with Yhorm's Great Machete I defeated the two of them on my first and second tries, respectively. Felt like a proper badass. With the machete
Nameless King's
first phase only took me about a minute.

Right now I'm seriously thinking about doing NG++ just to mess around with the Black Night Greataxe. The thing hits for over 800 AR with the weapon buff. The speed with which every enemy goes down is downright crazy.

Manu

When you farm 14 ears in little over two hours and say "hey, this is not as bad as I thought"

and then you don't get another until an hour and a half later.

image_by_electricelements-d8sbres.jpg

burgerdog

When you farm 14 ears in little over two hours and say "hey, this is not as bad as I thought"

and then you don't get another until an hour and a half later.

Don't like pvp? I got 30 in about two hours invading people and currently getting sun medals doing the same thing. Prefer invading over coop.

SDR-UK

Don't like pvp? I got 30 in about two hours invading people and currently getting sun medals doing the same thing. Prefer invading over coop.

Some people just cannot get summoned for Darkmoon/Blue Sentinels. I know because in over 40 hours of having Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon equipped across three play-throughs, I never EVER got summoned.

burgerdog

Some people just cannot get summoned for Darkmoon/Blue Sentinels. I know because in over 40 hours of having Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon equipped across three play-throughs, I never EVER got summoned.

Err, right Ears. I was thinking of the mound makers item for some reason. Yeah, I don't have any luck with those two covenants either. I did manage to get 26 when it worked so I'm thankful for that.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I've been using a Heavy Dark Sword for the longest time now in a 40 STR/40 VGR/16 DEX build. What weapon do you recommend me to infuse (and with what) to vary my playstyle a bit?

Unrelated to that, I've been farmed all of these covenants so far:

W
arriors of Sunlight: by far the easiest covenant to farm for. Place your sign at the entrance of Yorhm's fog wall, kill him easily and get a sunlight medal. Rinse and repeat.

A
ldrich Faithful: easy as well. Just warp to Sullivan's bonfire, go up the elevator and kill the 8 or so Devouts of the Deep along the path. I got my 10 dregs in about an hour.

W
atchdogs of Farron: also pretty easy to farm, though a bit more time consuming. Go to the Farron Ruins bonfire and there will be three Ghru enemies right in front of you. Kill them, go to the bonfire and kill them again until you have the 30 Wolf's Blood Swordgrasses you need.

R
osaria's Fingers: Go to the Farron Ruins Perimeter bonfire and kill the two Darkwraiths that fight the Ghru there. Funny stuff: I thought the Obscuring Ring was the second-tier reward, so I farmed 30 Pale Tongues instead of the 10 I needed... so funny!

Now I'm only missing two covenants:

M
ound-Makers: I already have 17 Vertebra Shackles, so I still need 13 to go. I'm killing the two red-eyed skeletons near the rolling ball in the Catacombs of Carthus. The drop rate is pretty low, though.

B
lue Sentinels
/B
lades of the Darkmoon: I hate this one. The drop rate seems to be even lower than for the Mound-Makers. I'm killing the two Silver Knight just past the Anor Londo bonfire and they haven't dropped a single Proof of a Concord Kept so far :(

I did but it doesn't seem to do that much more. I remember one shotting people in Demon's Souls. I guess the only way I can do that here is with a Hornet's Ring, a Leo Ring, and a buff.

I one shooted plenty of people with Morne's greathammer and the FUGS, using hornet's ring.

You can still one shot phantoms and so with other, more light, weapons.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Anyone creating black characters, could you post your sliders/screenshots? I can't get the damn skin tone right, lol...

Edit: nevermind, think I got something decent now.

People are spoiler-barring really strange stuff in here...

I can understand someone put a spoiler tag over
Anor Londo
for instance, but spoiler tagging names of the covenants or how to get their covenant items...?

Do people really say "My game is ruined and the LORE IS SPOILED because now I know there's a covenant called Blue Sentinels or Watchdog of Farrons and someone is detailing how to get their covenant items without spoiler tags!"

I mean, really now :p

Meccs

When it comes to PvP, does the game differentiate between NG and NG+ or is it just soul level and weapon level?

Sorc is absolutely worthless when it comes to pvp.
Not if he has one or two melee buddies! Which is always the case when I invade...

Daante

Beat the game yesterday for the first time.

Clocked in at around 49 hours, and i played a str/dex build the whole time. Knight as starting class.

I think it was a great Souls experience, and as it feels right now i probably rate it 8,5 of 10.

I feel the atmosphere and pacing was better this time around, compared to the previous DS2. I did not feel that "oh this is filler content, oh here is another meaningless boss" feeling to often which was great.

I started NG+ with my character but i wont touch the game again, until the first DLC is out, and continue then with my str/dex character in NG+.

I have faith that the game will be a strong 9 in my book, or even a 9,5 when both the DLCs are out.

Favorite areas:
Catacombs of Carthus
Irithyll Dungeon
Lothric Castle

Favorite boss:
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
Dragonslayer Armour

Favorite weapons:
Broadsword +10 (Refined or Lightning)
Sunlight Straight Sword +5
Black Knight Sword +5
Dragonslayer Greataxe +5

GMT plus 7. I am at work right now, haha.

I am also open to anyone else wanting to have all the rings. By using backed up save I won't even lose the rings afterwards :)
Oh damn lol we on different sides of the world. Well I'm gonna sleep maybe I can catch u before I go to work if not I can always wait until possible.

Astral

GG to the bastard who defeated me during my invasion in the Irithyll Dungeon through sheer elusiveness and patience or whatever the fuck it war. I spent an hour roaming the entire fucking place including the Profaned Capital and I never found him. I killed two of his phantoms but I couldn't find him for shit once I initially lost him. Now that I think of it he was probably hiding in a cell near the bonfire but fuck it you win. I got sleepy and left.

Casually started my NG+ playthrough.
Enjoying the game much more now.
Going veeeeeeery slowly and exploring every inch. Very relaxing. ^.^

Cyborg

Just defeated
Dragonslayer Armour
and enterd Grand
Archieves

Could you advice me: should I go and explore GA or enter the
secret area
with
that gasture?
Where is the last boss?

Novocaine

Just defeated
Dragonslayer Armour
and enterd Grand
Archieves

secret area
with
that gasture?
Where is the last boss?

Gesture area is optional, Archives is the progression path.

Just defeated
Dragonslayer Armour
and enterd Grand
Archieves

secret area
with
that gasture?
Where is the last boss?
Go to the
secret area
first. You can find
ashes
that let you
buy Titanite Chunks

54-46!

I got to Nameless king yesterday.

"Hey, this fight isn't so bad."
*beat it on the first try*
"Bah, wonder what people are whining about."
*second stage begins"
"FFFFFFF"

I'm currently alternating between Blessed Claymore and Lightning Astora greatsword so I'm thinking about making a
Fire Bastard sword for this guy
, is it viable at this point in the game?

People are spoiler-barring really strange stuff in here...

I can understand someone put a spoiler tag over
Anor Londo
for instance, but spoiler tagging names of the covenants or how to get their covenant items...?

Do people really say "My game is ruined and the LORE IS SPOILED because now I know there's a covenant called Blue Sentinels or Watchdog of Farrons and someone is detailing how to get their covenant items without spoiler tags!"

I mean, really now :p

Well for one in particular I can see why, as it's one no one was really expecting to return. When it comes down to it, people like to enjoy the game in different ways. It may sound silly, but sometimes the small things still get to you. I had NK spoiled because there were a few people in here who were pretty fervently against using spoiler tags. In this case, it works though because you know exactly what each one is before clicking, but someone progressing at their own rate may not know a couple.

Also, it isn't as though the spoiler tag has some sanctity that is being defiled. Better safe than sorry anyway, right? Although, D
efiled Spoiler Tag
would have been a difficult Chalice Dungeon boss.

mxgt

Banned
Done with all Covenant items for achievements.. except for Proofs.

I am not looking forward to this. Have had the item equipped my entire NG+ playthrough and didn't get a single summon. Even spent an hour idling in
Anor Londo
and nothing.

So I ended up beating NG+ in its entirety, which I never do with these games. I always start NG+ and then get bored soon after, but something about DS3 kept my attention and I loved going through the game again.

Soul of Cinder
and
Nameless King
were two of my toughest fights in NG, each one taking me over a dozen attempts to beat. On NG+ with Yhorm's Great Machete I defeated the two of them on my first and second tries, respectively. Felt like a proper badass. With the machete
Nameless King's
first phase only took me about a minute.

Right now I'm seriously thinking about doing NG++ just to mess around with the Black Night Greataxe. The thing hits for over 800 AR with the weapon buff. The speed with which every enemy goes down is downright crazy.

You are not the first person that mentions how they find enjoyment in NG+ and are kind of surprised with it.

The reason is simple: the game is just FUN. The level design is flawless, the encounters are really smart and varied there is just nothing boring about this game. Even the "boring levels" (swamp?) are fun... it's crazy how well designed this game is and how it all flows together. I am 30% into NG+ and I find it SUPER enjoyable. The Cathedral is just god-tier level design...

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't understand how to use that Google spreadsheet. I can't seem to input values for luck? I want to compare my weapon with Sharp infusion and high dex vs Hollow infusion with high luck instead before respec'ing. But I can only edit str/dex/int/faith...

SDR-UK

Done with all Covenant items for achievements.. except for Proofs.

I am not looking forward to this. Have had the item equipped my entire NG+ playthrough and didn't get a single summon. Even spent an hour idling in
Anor Londo
and nothing.

Do you have all of the discovery boosting items? You're going to need them.

Playing through NG+, it feels much better playing through a second time. Knowing enemy attack patterns and the layout of the environments makes you feel much less vulnerable.

Can I stack Carthus Rouge with Power Within and Deep Protection?

Deku: You get spells and miracles from certain NPCs you can find, and you need to give them tomes to give you a wider range to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom