• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
I can't conceive of any possible universe in which I could beat the Dancer of the Boreal Valley. I've been killed by it probably a dozen times, and two of those times I even summoned a helper and still lost.

I found this fight to be much easier without summons. After I lost the first time I kept trying summons, but every single person would die right away leaving me with boss with too much health to handle. Just got to circle and wait for combos to finish get couple hits in repeat. First phase is hard imo because of that grab attack.

MilkBeard

I can't conceive of any possible universe in which I could beat the Dancer of the Boreal Valley. I've been killed by it probably a dozen times, and two of those times I even summoned a helper and still lost.

I beat it on the first try, and the way I did it is that I stayed on its ass. It doesn't turn very quickly, and you can avoid 80% of its attacks this way, and with an occasional roll. Do this for the entire fight, and make attacks here and there.

Pay attention to the timing of her attacks. There's a bunch of weird delayed hits that seem like total BS at first, but eventually you get used to them and they're nothing

If you stay away from her she can't do anything besides poke (with a fairly obvious tell). Just bait out her moveset and try to learn it as best you can

I totally get that she seems like a brick wall at first (and the grab move is some shit at first) but when the fight clicks you realize that her grab move sucks and you can drop her to phase two in 30 seconds

She's all about the tells. As lame as it sounds the fight is very much a dance, constantly be circling around her, keeping her moving. Punish when she whiffs but leave yourself room to dodge when needed

Getting invaded by someone using the Sacred Flame glitch... that was legit the actual first time I ever got really angry towards someone invading my game.

Fucking cheating bastard.

Deku Tree

Astora Greatsword has a nice thrusting R2 and is pretty light but it's not a thick sword like LHB. I think the Zweihander has the same moveset as well.

Astora Straight (in same room with Estus Shard at High Wall of Lothric)
Dark Sword (from any Dark Wraith, need to farm them)
Anri's Straight Sword (kill Anri or do Anri's Questline and reload the area at the end of the quest)

Thanks!

Vena

Finally found my fashion soul... (because the preferred Firelink chest armor set clips with my favorite helm in the game that MUST BE USED!)

erkrjlK.jpg

That said, I have a post-game question that I only ever saw now that I started helping people again:
why do all the hosts have little fire inside of them now?

Finally found my fashion soul... (because the preferred Firelink chest armor set clips with my favorite helm in the game that MUST BE USED!)

That said, I have a post-game question that I only ever saw now that I started helping people again:
why do all the hosts have little fire inside of them now?

Its the miracle Tears of Denial, which has become incredibly popular for pvp purposes. It lets the player survive a lethal attack with 1hp and only require 15 faith to cast. Annoys the hell out of me. I'm fine with it in concept, but only as a high level faith spell that requires heavy investment. Seeing someone with a 40/40 build use it drive me crazy.

Level 85.

Got to Nameless King.

This boss is going to be a real fucker isnt he?

Archdragon Peak in general was a bit of a jump in difficulty. Like a proper old souls era. Shield up at all times, accidentally falling off ledges. Running away from Dragons shooting fire at you. etc...

FUN TIMES.

Tarkus

Its the miracle Tears of Denial, which has become incredibly popular for pvp purposes. It lets the player survive a lethal attack with 1hp and only require 15 faith to cast. Annoys the hell out of me. I'm fine with it in concept, but only as a high level faith spell that requires heavy investment. Seeing someone with a 40/40 build use it drive me crazy.
In PvP, I've yet to see someone cast it. The only miracles I see are buffs. One guy threw a lightning spear and I've seen a large circular force beam come from a sword a couple of times. Otherwise, miracles are underused at SL110.

Vena

Oh okay. I was seeing it on everyone even in support summons, got really confused!

In PvP, I've yet to see someone cast it. The only miracles I see are buffs. One guy threw a lightning spear and I've seen a large circular force beam come from a sword a couple of times. Otherwise, miracles are underused at SL110.

I see it constantly when I invade. I've taken to wearing the gloves from the thorn set to counteract it.

Vena

Is there any other items (in NG only) that increase souls?

I have
Medicant's, Silver Ring, and Avarice
.Got the former without ever even knowing what it was off of the first snake I killed, now I find out its actually super rare lol.

I have
.Got the former without ever even knowing what it was off of the first snake I killed, now I find out its actually super rare lol.

Shield of Want.

Tarkus

I have
Shield of Want

Man, I hate how NG+ works in regards to DLC in these games.

I want to keep my character at the end of NG until all the DLC is out, but at the same time I want to work on the plat.

I've collected and the rings and spells I can, so I might do the covenants now so that all I have left is the +1 and +2 rings, NPC quest line spells/gestures, and endings, which I'll wait until the final DLC is out next year or whenever to do :/

Man, I hate how NG+ works in regards to DLC in these games.

I want to keep my character at the end of NG until all the DLC is out, but at the same time I want to work on the plat.

I've collected and the rings and spells I can, so I might do the covenants now so that all I have left is the +1 and +2 rings, NPC quest line spells/gestures, and endings, which I'll wait until the final DLC is out next year or whenever to do :/

You could make a save backup of NG or find a friend to trade anything important over to a new character.

You could make a save backup of NG or find a friend to trade anything important over to a new character.
A backup would mean that when the DLC drops I'd have to delete my progress with the +2 rings and everything though to continue with my NG save.

Waiting seems like the best option.

Level 85.

Got to Nameless King.

This boss is going to be a real fucker isnt he?

Archdragon Peak in general was a bit of a jump in difficulty. Like a proper old souls era. Shield up at all times, accidentally falling off ledges. Running away from Dragons shooting fire at you. etc...

FUN TIMES.
Nah you are pretty high level IMO for ng. Only issue will most likely the camera at first.

Persona7

Banned
Why are there fog doors in the Firelink Shrine I'm trying to get an item and the doors fogging up over and over again is getting annoying.

The game seems to be loading only the immediate area for faster loading. Good idea considering you have to constantly warp there. If you run around a bit the fog will disappear. Like run up to the spot with patches and turn around and it will be gone.

(Depends on your build, of course) I've found Dancer pretty easy. Lock on and circle/evade just outside of her sword range, and learn to count how many swings are in her combos. Count 'em while you're keeping her at range. I would let her finish her combos, casually walk into range, land a few hits, and then go back to evading/circling just outsider of her sword range.

Most of her combos have predictable and generous recovery windows.

Great shields are a great help personally for me. She can be exceptionally brutal though at times.

Trying strafing left the entire fight. Just in a circle around her. Dodge left into her grab. Run far away when she does that wind-up move with like 7 spins.

Anyway, I just beat the Nameless King. It took about two goddamn hours and I was feeling pretty good. I enter this thread and now I'm watching a video of some asshole killing him at soul level one. I don't know what to say now.

I found this fight to be much easier without summons. After I lost the first time I kept trying summons, but every single person would die right away leaving me with boss with too much health to handle. Just got to circle and wait for combos to finish get couple hits in repeat. First phase is hard imo because of that grab attack.

I beat it on the first try, and the way I did it is that I stayed on its ass. It doesn't turn very quickly, and you can avoid 80% of its attacks this way, and with an occasional roll. Do this for the entire fight, and make attacks here and there.

Pay attention to the timing of her attacks. There's a bunch of weird delayed hits that seem like total BS at first, but eventually you get used to them and they're nothing

If you stay away from her she can't do anything besides poke (with a fairly obvious tell). Just bait out her moveset and try to learn it as best you can

I totally get that she seems like a brick wall at first (and the grab move is some shit at first) but when the fight clicks you realize that her grab move sucks and you can drop her to phase two in 30 seconds

She's all about the tells. As lame as it sounds the fight is very much a dance, constantly be circling around her, keeping her moving. Punish when she whiffs but leave yourself room to dodge when needed

Thanks. I ended up beating her, but it took me like ten more tries, and in the end I won not by using strategy, but by just staying as close to her as possible and just constantly, blindly wailing on her with an occasional dodge thrown it. It was probably just pure luck.

Stay on her ass(avoids the grab move) and be aggressive. It's actually tougher if you play it defensively.

KHlover

Banned
Wasted souls buying new armor to match the Dancer crown, wasn't feeling any though. I kind of love that I started with Sellsword armor and have yet to find anything I like more.

Speaking of starting as a merc... seriously no other twin swords yet? I'm fine with my uchi but seems like a waste

You can mix the Pontiff Knight set with Dancer stuff pretty well. The gloves leave the arms exposed though, so you might want to mix in something else in that slot.

Trying to get summoned as a Darkmoon with my friend. I cannot get summoned as either Darkmoon of Aldrich faithful, but he puts on both and gets summoned near instanetously. What. The. Fuck.

I'm 104 and he is 132.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Wasted souls buying new armor to match the Dancer crown, wasn't feeling any though. I kind of love that I started with Sellsword armor and have yet to find anything I like more.

Speaking of starting as a merc... seriously no other twin swords yet? I'm fine with my uchi but seems like a waste

Warden Twinblades are pretty good. They have bleed.

I did but it doesn't seem to do that much more. I remember one shotting people in Demon's Souls. I guess the only way I can do that here is with a Hornet's Ring, a Leo Ring, and a buff.

There are weapons with a higher critical modifier that will do more damage with a reposte/backstab. IIRC these are weapons like daggers and thrusting swords. I am sure there are big heavy weapons that have a high critical modifier (especially since they're the most common reposte weapons) but I don't know what they are specifically.

Got my symbol of aviarice from the mimic i used to help kill the demon. Got both my demons fist and head gear all at once. Pretty good stuff so far.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
giphy.gif

When you get summoned as a Blue Sentinel and walk in on the host, his sunbro, two mad phantoms, and a red invader and the host has popped a tree seed so the enemies are attacking everyone.

thefil

Continuing my pyro playthrough (after NG and NG+ as melee), and damn. Yesterday I beat five bosses in two hours. Today I got to P
rince
L
othric
. Died 10-15 times. There is so little predictability in which attacks have enough downtime to cast a spell. Sometimes you're good, sometimes he'll follow up with a third attack or just start another combo before there is time for a spell + roll. Rage quit.

I think I'm done with the game after 37 hours. All-time low for a Souls game for me, though Bloodborne was less. I like Bloodborne more, but was miffed it railroaded me into NG+ after beating Gehrman so I quit playing.

Well, an unexpected backfire to jumping from level 55 to 85 in one session is that I'm getting DESTROYED in PvP now. Holy shit. I'm seriously like 1 for 10 tonight. I had no idea I was this bad.

mulac

giphy.gif

When you get summoned as a Blue Sentinel and walk in on the host, his sunbro, two mad phantoms, and a red invader and the host has popped a tree seed so the enemies are attacking everyone.

Exactly this happened to me yesterday.
Yeesh.

No matter how 'gud' you get - this is effectively impossible situation.

burgerdog

Do covenant proofs carry over to ng+? Might be easier for me to do that and get the 4 concords that I need to finish that convenant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom