• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakke

Banned
Love the Drang top, yo.

Damn I'm trying to help people with Dancer and these clowns keep summoning 3 phantoms, giving the Dancer one infinity HP. Cool your tits, Hosts of Ember.

This fucking
dancer
boss really gets on my nerve.
Fucking insta kill grab, fucking attack that hits you even if you are behing her butt.

And who said there was no tracking in this game?
LOL.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You mean this?
ClaRphU.gif

this needs to be the new nope gif lol

105.Will

I feel like i might be alone on this, but i think the T
win
P
rinces
is one of the best boss fight in the game, maybe the series

Ilive1up

Champion
Gundyr
is real tough. i keep getting him really low but end up getting caught. his kick is fucking annoying and i can never see it coming.

On one hand: running with
Dragon armor
is very cool and the extra mobility is great in PvP.

On the other hand: Everything kills you in 2 hits or 3, aside from fire damage is like you are wearing nothing.

From pls...

Are Spears in this game not very good or something? I've never seen anyone use them, and people rarely talk about them.

Spears still rub me in the wrong way like always, they are very annoying to fight against.

There are a couple that look quite powerful.

Ogawa-san

I feel like i might be alone on this, but i think the T
win
P
rinces
is one of the best boss fight in the game, maybe the series
It's a cool fight, but I refuse to put a boss with a
resurrecting mechanic
among the best.

Champion
Gundyr
is real tough. i keep getting him really low but end up getting caught. his kick is fucking annoying and i can never see it coming.
If you're behind him after he's done attacking, he will kick. Anticipate that by getting a hit and immediately rolling towards him to avoid it plus getting another hit in.

Astral

I can't find Anri anywhere after helping him defeat
Aldrich.
He's not in the Cathedral and he's not at the lake.

Cracklox

Wat. Drang is amazing with that cape. Ran it with a crown on top for that legit Vendrick look.

Yep that Drang chest piece is about the perfect combo of form and function for me. Pretty lightweight too. Gunna be hard to replace. Looks great with the archdeacon skirt as well

Can I always go back to fight NPC invaders? I'm rarely in ember form so I never really get invaded by them. Just fought one in the
Catacombs
and got a ring, so I'm wondering if I'm missing out on good equips

Maybe I'll end up in a youtube montage.

Just invaded a very deliberately set up gank squad. Everyone was wearing a ring or something so that they all looked like hosts. All of their names even said "Host of cinder". They were wearing clothes that made them blend in with the environment when they did a huddle gesture and rings that made them invisible while rolling. They liked to lure you against one of them and then have all of them suddenly spring up and surround you. They were very well coordinated so I'm sure they had some voice chat going. There were three or four of them and they were using late game weapons (some dual katanas and some boss weapon that shot projectiles) When one of them got killed they summoned them back again. They also seemed to love to hide and watch invaders fight each other while they spammed carvings. I had to fight one, and almost another (but managed to eventually convince him to help me by spamming the 'help me' carving.

The funny thing is, they were using what I presume is relatively late game equipment and spells (some really advanced aoe miracles) but they were camping in Undead Settlement, presumably to gank low-level players. The even funnier thing was how, despite pushing the odds so much in their favour, they were pretty bad. I didn't manage to win unfortunately but I stayed alive for 15 or so minutes as other invaders came and went and killed three or four of them in total before I ran out of estus (I got new estus throughout the battle as other phantoms came and went) Even though they were scrubs and trolls, I sort of still had fun fighting them. Shame I didn't win, but I'm pretty sure they did a good job of keeping the true host hidden/protected so there probably was very little chance of winning.

I love reading stories of when people have difficulty completing a level or beating a boss and it's all the game's fault.

Teleports are bad, enemies between the bonfire and boss is shit design, enemies with poise are stupid.

Souls fans are hilarious sometimes, if they use the years of experience and skill at their disposal and win without trouble they complain it's too easy, if they actually struggle with something (maybe like they struggled in the past) then it's shit tier design.

Boss fights I struggled with:
Abyss Watchers: I needed time to get used to his 2nd phase attacks, got less greedy with my attacks.

Aldrich: I was playing poorly, not watching Aldrich. Figured out how to avoid his magic, arrows and the AoE when he teleports. Stamina grass got me through in the end but my first victory was actually a double KO

Soul of Cinder: I have no idea why this was so difficult for me on my first completion but the curved sword and spear/halberd forms had me chugging Estus like crazy. I couldn't avoid his hits and the crazy, Manus style combo in his Gwyn phase killed me at least 10 times. I missed that charge up he does for a long time but when I finally beat him I had 7 Estus left. Go figure

Nameless King: This fight. Man, what a challenge. I honestly beat him on my last ember, I had used over 20 on attempt after attempt, I needed the health boost to survive some attacks.
The first phase is tricky until I figured out 2 things. Don't lock on for the most part and use a bow.
The second phase was just learning his attacks and surviving.

I don't consider any of these fights broken or blame the camera etc for my failures. I struggled and struggled until I won, I'm not ashamed to admit it took over 20 attempts (probably more) to defeat
Nameless King
because that's how it goes sometimes.

Sorry for the long post

UberLevi

Got disconnected from online play the moment I helped someone beat the final boss. Reloaded my game to find myself empty handed. Oh well, at least that guy gets his ending cutscene.

Fuck, just lost my connection to steam and dropped to main menu during
Aldrich
boss fight. Had him down to 25% health.

Now I can't log back in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Steam lost connection...

I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and the use of my right hand is severely limited while I'm in relapse and I have double vision on top of that... Even so, I've managed to kill 2
Lords of Cinder
and many bosses solo except maybe two. I'm grateful to have pulled it off. Even if it does feel like I'm playing on a secret hard difficulty,

Can I always go back to fight NPC invaders? I'm rarely in ember form so I never really get invaded by them. Just fought one in the
Catacombs
and got a ring, so I'm wondering if I'm missing out on good equips

Why? It's more fun when you can be invaded and the extra hp is nice. Invade to go back to ember form if you die.

To answer your question, once you beat the boss of an area you can no longer be invaded, even by npcs.

Is anyone going to make an all encompassing comparison thread of DaS 1, 2, 3, DeS, and BB? :p

I want to hear people compare and talk about the game and its various themes like story/lore, exploration, boss fights, NPCs, overall ranking, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom