• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmuppers

Is anyone going to make an all encompassing comparison thread of DaS 1, 2, 3, DeS, and BB? :p

I want to hear people compare and talk about the game and its various themes like story/lore, exploration, boss fights, NPCs, overall ranking, etc

That sounds like something I might be interested in. There's so much to talk about though, may take a while.

Tevren

I'm still there as Nimrod. SL72. I'm getting summoned like three seconds after putting the message down lol.

Seriously tho, do not summon three phantoms...

Only ever gone in with one. SL 59 atm, but haven't seen your name pop up among the signs. Perhaps it's my SL being lower?

So I went to the trouble of getting to the optional area,
getting the eyes for the new ending, then went ahead and linked the Flame anyway because I didn't know what else to do.
So I got the boring ending.

Invaders who attack you while you're already fighting enemies. Feels bad, man.

I totally do that.

I'm the bad guy, I'm not honorable, I'm some crazy fuker that wants your tongue and your ember.

So I act as one, if someone wants some honorable fight I'll put my sign down. lol

Invaders who attack you while you're already fighting enemies. Feels bad, man.

If you seem to be on your own, I'm going to wait to let you clear out the enemies and not heal unless you do. But if you're with a phantom or two, you better believe I'll be using the enemies as much as I can to even out the odds.

Mound makers done. It was way way easier to level it by putting down a red sign then it was to try to invade. Less gank squads waiting for me on the other side and still near instant summons where I was. I really felt bad for the people that summoned me to help them without knowing though. Tried showing them that I couldn't attack things but it never worked.

Wish there was an easy solution for Blue Sentinels and Watchdogs. I have been summoned as a Blue once after 2 days of keeping it on, and never got summoned as a watchdogs.

Brakke

Banned
Only ever gone in with one. SL 59 atm, but haven't seen your name pop up among the signs. Perhaps it's my SL being lower?

I'm a sunbro, no clue how the cut offs work tho. Seems there are plenty of signs around, hopefully you're not struggling for help.

Tevren

I'm a sunbro, no clue how the cut offs work tho. Seems there are plenty of signs around, hopefully you're not struggling for help.

Plenty of signs, but most of the time i click one, it's "Unable to summon phantom". I'm unsure if it's a level thing, or if people are just summoning them in faster than I am.

So I went to the trouble of getting to the optional area,
getting the eyes for the new ending, then went ahead and linked the Flame anyway because I didn't know what else to do.
So I got the boring ending.

You have to actually give
the eyes to the firekeeper, then after beating the Soul of Cinder, a summon sign will appear in the area so you can call her.

I decided to kill everyone in my playthrough, including her
after she extinguishes the first flame.

MilkBeard

Wish there was an easy solution for Blue Sentinels and Watchdogs. I have been summoned as a Blue once after 2 days of keeping it on, and never got summoned as a watchdogs.

Blue Sentinels do get summoned less, but I still get summoned multiple times in a playthrough. It just takes a bit longer. Are you on global matchmaking? You just have to leave it open while you do other things, waiting around to be summoned isn't a good idea.

Timeaisis

Alright three bosses down today.
Thorn, Aldritch and the Dancer

The first was incredibly easy, but I had help from
Siegward
. First try. The second was challenging, but not terrible. Took me proyally 5-10 tries. Arrow attack was getting me good. Third boss, eeeck. Not super difficult but I felt the moves were cheap and unfair. 1hko and combos to death. Didn't like the boss at all.

Blue Sentinels do get summoned less, but I still get summoned multiple times in a playthrough. It just takes a bit longer. Are you on global matchmaking? You just have to leave it open while you do other things, waiting around to be summoned isn't a good idea.

I tried a day with it on and then one with it off. Switched back to off since that was how it was when I got the one summon that I got.

I mean I know there is people in these zones since if I put down a sign I'm summoned right away, and same with invading. Something is different with those two though.

Holy shit, the P
ontiff
S
ullivan
boss is no joke. I've been summoned maybe 10x and haven't seen a single person beat him yet. I've not tried it on my own yet for that reason. o.o

Edit: finally attempted it with a summon. Beat it first try.

Alright three bosses down today.
Thorn, Aldritch and the Dancer

The first was incredibly easy, but I had help from
Siegward
. First try. The second was challenging, but not terrible. Took me proyally 5-10 tries. Arrow attack was getting me good. Third boss, eckhart. Not super difficult but I felt the moves were cheap and unfair. 1hko and combos to death. Didn't like the boss at all.

I share this sentiment as well, worst designed boss fight in the game by far, it's just cheap, her moveset includes 3 attacks that can almost insta kill you, it really is no fun at all.

Holy shit, the P
ontiff
S
ullivan
boss is no joke. I've been summoned maybe 10x and haven't seen a single person beat him yet. I've not tried it on my own yet for that reason. o.o

oh, it's a fight. Make no mistake. Especially that second phase. It only took me a few tries, but man was it intense.

usp84

So the platinum trophy/All achievements requires a lot of farming right?Especially in some Covenants there is no way i can get the 30 required items.

Man I just can't seem to kill people as a purple invader, and it sucks that enemies can aggro on me.

If you invade as a purple, enemies can't agro. If you use the white soapstone as a purple, enemies can agro, but that's so you can surprise everyone by being on the host's side until you choose to betray them (or surprise them even more by NOT betraying them)

Neverfade

If you invade as a purple, enemies can't agro. If you use the white soapstone as a purple, enemies can agro, but that's so you can surprise everyone by being on the host's side until you choose to betray them (or surprise them even more by NOT betraying them)

Isn't the summon sign Purple too? Doesn't that kill the element of surprise?

Jrmint

Holy shit.
Dragon Crest
Shield after the mini boss fight in Farrons Keep. That shield is god-tier, I'm pretty pumped.

Meneses

Question about the miracle vendor:

I'm on her dark questline (killed her bodyguard) and now she doesn't sell miracles, but I didn't give her the last tome. Are those miracles lost in this playthrough?

mstevens

I guess part of it is being awful at pvp. I swear this guy hit me like 15 times in a row from 5+ feet away with a rapier.

Side note, I just somehow helped two host of embers on the same boss at the same time...

Isn't the summon sign Purple too? Doesn't that kill the element of surprise?

It is. But some purples actually do want to help. And some like to role play and flip a coin or something to decide whether to help or betray. So new and ignorant, daring, or desperate hosts may still invite purples.

I guess part of it is being awful at pvp. I swear this guy hit me like 15 times in a row from 5+ feet away with a rapier.

Sounds like a bad connection.

If you're new to Souls PVP, it does take a while to start understand it. I've played all souls games since Demon's, but didn't really start holding my own in pvp until Dark Souls II.

Question about the miracle vendor:

I'm on her dark questline (killed her bodyguard) and now she doesn't sell miracles, but I didn't give her the last tome. Are those miracles lost in this playthrough?

Yes, I think so.

I think that if
you kill her, you can get the spells she was already selling (you get her ashes), but obviously not the ones she didn't learn.

Just finished off A
ldritch
. I'm shaking after that one. Had him down to one hit left and I was out of Estus running circles around the room avoid the arrow volley and circled back to hit him. Phew!

It is. But some purples actually do want to help. And some like to role play and flip a coin or something to decide whether to help or betray. So new and ignorant, daring, or desperate hosts may still invite purples.

Most of the people that invited me as a "red" purple phantom were doing it just to fight me. Think they would also get the item if they beat me so it's another way to grind them.

Asked this in the other thread already but anyway. What's a good strength scaling weapon to infuse with Heavy?? I built my character towards Butcher Knife because it looks amazing only to find out the goddamn thing can't be infused...need a good alternative that isn't a boring sword.

justjim89

Irityll Dungeon is the worst, most frustrating, most poorly-designed area of any of the Dark Souls games. What fucking bullshit. Been banging my head against it for 3 hours, must've lost 60,000 souls by now. Haven't found a second bonfire, have found one shortcut that takes out maybe 2 minutes of it. Bullshit priest enemies that actively shrink your health bar even if you're blocking or dodging. Just large numbers of enemies designed to fuck you over. Fuck you, here's a bunch of robed dudes that only take a hit or two, but they have 3 different kinds of weapons and there are 10 of them. Fuck you, here's a bunch of rats. Fuck you, here's a bunch of frogs that spawn from thin air behind you in an area where already might be fighting a mimic. Fuck you, here's a cell full of zombies trying to push you off a ledge. Just cheap shit. Running through doesn't work because there's a crowd of enemies around every turn.

Is this area required or can I safely ignore it?

ramyeon

Holy shit, the P
ontiff
S
ullivan

Edit: finally attempted it with a summon. Beat it first try.
Beat this guy solo first attempt last night - probably the most exhilarating fight yet, beating out
Abyss Watchers
for me. Went in expecting to die and just see what the boss was like, learn some of its patterns and somehow made it out alive.

https://youtu.be/Tvm-q63JeFQ

Watching it back there were so many times I was so close to dying.
Hell yeah I'm using the same helm, chest and apparently build. What pants are you using though?
Haha damn, thought I was unique! Haven't seen anyone else using the same yet, although to be fair 90% of people are using some configuration of the Fallen Knight Set.

Legs are the Pontiff Knight Leggings.

MilkBeard

Irityll Dungeon is the worst, most frustrating, most poorly-designed area of any of the Dark Souls games. What fucking bullshit. Been banging my head against it for 3 hours, must've lost 60,000 souls by now. Haven't found a second bonfire, have found one shortcut that takes out maybe 2 minutes of it. Bullshit priest enemies that actively shrink your health bar even if you're blocking or dodging. Just large numbers of enemies designed to fuck you over. Fuck you, here's a bunch of robed dudes that only take a hit or two, but they have 3 different kinds of weapons and there are 10 of them. Fuck you, here's a bunch of rats. Fuck you, here's a bunch of frogs that spawn from thin air behind you in an area where already might be fighting a mimic. Fuck you, here's a cell full of zombies trying to push you off a ledge. Just cheap shit. Running through doesn't work because there's a crowd of enemies around every turn.

Is this area required or can I safely ignore it?

Just calm down, take a breather. Come back in when you aren't quite so pissed off. There are ways to sneak past a lot of those guys, but some of them you should take out.

I quite liked the area, myself. And it is required. About the jailers: Just go in and stunlock them to death, or run away. Don't fight all of them. It's suicide.

Arjen

Oh full dex as well, but I was thinking sharp for some other ones and was wondering if raw might be good for
Murakumo and maybe fire or lightning for WP?

You could also do bleed, haven't tried it my self, thinking about infusing my uchi with bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom