• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get over how much better this game looks than Dark Souls 2. The enemies and environments are just as fucking jaw-dropping as they are in Bloodborne, its incredible.

You have to actually give
the eyes to the firekeeper, then after beating the Soul of Cinder, a summon sign will appear in the area so you can call her.

I decided to kill everyone in my playthrough, including her
after she extinguishes the first flame.

I gave her them. The music in the shrine changed and I thought I was locked in for the other ending. I did a quick sweep to see if she had appeared but couldn't see anything. Ah well, I'll do it on NG+

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Beat this guy solo first attempt last night - probably the most exhilarating fight yet, beating out
Abyss Watchers
for me. Went in expecting to die and just see what the boss was like, learn some of its patterns and somehow made it out alive.

https://youtu.be/Tvm-q63JeFQ

Watching it back there were so many times I was so close to dying.

Haha damn, thought I was unique! Haven't seen anyone else using the same yet, although to be fair 90% of people are using some configuration of the Fallen Knight Set.

Legs are the Pontiff Knight Leggings.

Risky parry near the end.

Thinking about invading for the first time.. Will this have any ramifications on npc quests?

There is one npc whose quest will
progress only if you get a pale tounge, which is the reward for a successful invasion unless you're in a covenant that gives another reward. You could also find a pale tounge in an early area even without invading
There is another npc who will
become your enemy if you join the invasion focused Fingers covenant.

Just invading people in general will not in itself negatively affect your standing with any npcs.

Asked this in the other thread already but anyway. What's a good strength scaling weapon to infuse with Heavy?? I built my character towards Butcher Knife because it looks amazing only to find out the goddamn thing can't be infused...need a good alternative that isn't a boring sword.

Pretty much the same thing I went through. Opted for the Exile Greatsword and it's the tits. Huge stunlocking capabilities, huge damage and B STR scaling at +4 heavy infusion, if i remember correctly. It should also satisfy your criteria for a non-boring sword, methinks.

The only downer is that it's a heavy son of a bitch.

I can't get over how much better this game looks than Dark Souls 2. The enemies and environments are just as fucking jaw-dropping as they are in Bloodborne, its incredible.

Dark Souls II still has its charm. Majula looks nice, as does Shrine of Amana and Shulva. I agree though that overall, Dark Souls III is a nice step ahead in those areas.

Pretty much the same thing I went through. Opted for the Exile Greatsword and it's the tits. Huge stunlocking capabilities, huge damage and B STR at +4 heavy infusing, if i remember correctly. And as far as swords go, it's quite unique/interesting.

The only downer is that it's a heavy son of a bitch.

Thanks for the tip. I'm actually really annoyed Butcher Knife is so lame damage wise haha...was so excited about it and leveled up Strength exclusively just to lay down the law with it. Booooooo

Since I can't seem to get summoned to two covenants that require summoning, which area should I do next? I
rithyll
D
ungeon
or A
nor Londo
?

Absolutely. Leaving behind PS360 let's them crank it up. Game looks amazing in the 4K pics I'very seen. Can't wait until the day I have a right that can do that at 60fps.

xviper

How do i summon more than 2 dark spirits ?? when i use dried fingers i can only summon 2, and sometimes i get summoned and find people who can summon 4 dark spirits

ramyeon

Risky parry near the end.
That one at about 1:30 in with almost no health left? I think at that point I'd pretty much seen what I wanted to see and just wanted to try and get my parry timing down and just nailed it. Needed the riposte to have a breather to get some Estus down safely too. After that I had no idea how he was going to act or what he was going to do after his phase transition so it got messy haha.

-Opaque-

Only if you put a bunch of levels in something else. Your weapon will lose scaling with any levels put into stats beyond the min use requirements.

Oh yeah good point, it reduces the base damage of the weapon across all upgrade levels. So +9 will have more damage shaved off than +8 and so on. So you should be doing an actual STR build or you might end up with a slightly weaker weapon in the long run

Dark Souls II still has its charm. Majula looks nice, as does Shrine of Amana and Shulva. I agree though that overall, Dark Souls III is a nice step ahead in those areas.

Absolutely there are some cool looking areas in DS2, not to rag on it too hard but the difference in quality is huge after you play DS3 right after DS2. Bloodborne really raised the bar for the series in the amount of detail and craft put into the environments and enemy models and we are seeing the same thing with Dark Souls 3. Playing these games in a solid 60fps some day would be incredible. Pretty much every area I stop and am stupefied with just how fucking sick this game looks.

Shredderi

What shields boost poise? None of the shields I have do except for
Yhorm's greatshield which bumps my poise stat to 50+ from 15

Timeaisis

I share this sentiment as well, worst designed boss fight in the game by far, it's just cheap, her moveset includes 3 attacks that can almost insta kill you, it really is no fun at all.

Yup, really not fun fight. Just tedious. It wasn't all that hard, but it took me enough tries to get annoying. Also that grab attack she does has like a crapton of active frames. I swear I rolled out of that like a bunch of times only to teleport to her hand. Bleh. Too bad because I think she looks really cool. Oh well.

Gaf, I really want the Elite Knight set, but I feel my Anri questline is all over the shop:

• I've seen them at Road of Sacrifices, Firelink and only the first spot in the Catacombs
  • I did not see them after that, but I did
    kill Horace
    in Smouldering Lake
  • I have checked Yorshka's Church for Anri, but no dice
In terms of overall progression, I just killed the Dancer.

Have I cooked it?

Wagram

It's odd seeing opinions on
Dancer
. On one side (the one i'm on) she's obscenely slow which makes her easy to gauge and kill while the other is that she has some incredible combos that can one shot.

Where were those combos when I fought her I wonder? She did nothing but slow walking and an occasional spin.

Shredderi

Dancer
. On one side (the one i'm on) she's obscenely slow which makes her easy to gauge and kill while the other is that she has some incredible combos that can one shot.

Where were those combos when I fought her I wonder? She did nothing but slow walking and an occasional spin.

Are you sure you didn't just fight my character who wears the
Dancer set
? :D

I was about to start a new character and had a thought to see if there was a collection of character sliders on the internets. Turns out there is, and its pretty good! So if you're making a new character too and want some sliders check it out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SoulsSliders/

Look at this stuff!
http://imgur.com/a/eZ4mL

IA6FTUE.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Will definitely use this as a reference for future builds.

Timeaisis

Dancer

Where were those combos when I fought her I wonder? She did nothing, but slow walking and an occasional spin.

Well that's why she's such a crappy boss. She's insanely slow, which makes "poking" her really, really easy. But then she's got really fast combos that come out real fast and punish you for a single bad roll by killing you with a 3-hit combo. Yes, you can read the combos pretty easily once you figure them out, but then after that the boss is literally just you slowly walking around, poking her and backing off. It doesn't ever feel intense or edge-of-your-seat like other Souls bosses because of this. It's boring, bad boss design.

brinstar

S
mouldering
L
ake
, especially the underground, is by far the most frustrated I've been exploring an area in this game so far.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
12th boss The
Danc
er down. That was a tough one with all its attacks and spins, but got through it in 7 or so tries solo.

Yup, really not fun fight. Just tedious. It wasn't all that hard, but it took me enough tries to get annoying. Also that grab attack she does has like a crapton of active frames. I swear I rolled out of that like a bunch of times only to teleport to her hand. Bleh. Too bad because I think she looks really cool. Oh well.

I actually found that fight pretty easy to be honest. Her attacks were pretty easy to dodge, especially the spin and the grab never hit me since I always strafe unless it's a boss that will punish me for it. Now C
hampion Gundyr
on the other hand is a total cheap bastard. Very almost decided to give up on the game going up against him over and over. It's like cheap tricks on top of cheap tricks. His awful move
that he uses at the start of phase 2 is only one layer of bullshit, but if you tank it with shield he's gonna break it and hit you, if you dodge it he'll hit you with the follow up. You have to be far enough to run and not be impaled, which is rare.

Ogawa-san

Got a Dark Sword and upgraded it to +9 to see what it's about. Jesus, it outclasses my sharp Uchi+10 so hard... It has no business being that fast.

It's totally getting needednerfed, isn't it?

Feeling really good about my encounters with
Aldrich
and
Oceiros
and
Champion Gundyr
I killed
Aldrich and Oceiros
on my 2nd attempt, and
Gundyr
on my first.

So far
Pontiff Sulyvahn
has given me the most trouble. Took me about 6 times to beat him.

I decided to go purely dex for this game, and my rapier has just been slaughtering. The quick stabbing thrusts are great.

Got a Dark Sword and upgraded it to +9 to see what it's about. Jesus, it outclasses my sharp Uchi+10 so hard... It has no business being that fast.

It's totally getting needed, isn't it?

Ye, I think i heard somewhere that it will get moved to work as a greatsword rather than being the current straight sword it is, that should make it a bit slower.

So my PS4 copy is saying my 1.03 version is up to date and there no further updates. Anyone else experience this? Was trying to update to 1.04 before playing tonight but eh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom