• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard a rumor that you could summon (Mid-late game spoiler)
Orbeck of Vinheim for Aldrich.
Anyone figured out how?

I think you can only summon him for L&L and only if you already bought all his spells. Especially since Aldrich
already has a specific NPC quest tied summon

Lakitu

st5fu
L
othric
C
astle
question:
Does the Grand Archives segment lead to the Twin Princes? Kind of feel like it's building up to something very big but there's some stuff I haven't explored in Lothric Castle yet...

How do different talismans/chimes affect miracles? Specifically, what is the importance of their scaling with faith? I have a few and it seems I do more damage on talismans with high 'spell buff' than with talismans with high faith scaling.

Can anybody help?

Also, minor midgame spoilers:
I just killed the giant in the tar pit in Cleansing Chapel, but I died before I could get to where he died. I couldn't find anything when I got back, did I miss a drop or does he not drop anything?

Thanks!

Stevey

Can anybody help?

Also, minor midgame spoilers:
I just killed the giant in the tar pit in Cleansing Chapel, but I died before I could get to where he died. I couldn't find anything when I got back, did I miss a drop or does he not drop anything?

Thanks!

You should just get a soul.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Just beat
High Lord Wolnir
. Is it hard as a melee character? I'm a pyromancer, and that was damn near Pinwheel tier easy. He only hit me once, probably only attacked about four times, and I only hit to hit
his hands
with about six or so fireballs to kill him. Granted, a lot of my fireballs missed due to the camera/lock-on and his moving around, but still.

EDIT: Oh... oh my. That next area. I'm guessing that this is the area people are referring to when they talk about one being absolutely beautiful. It's fucking gorgeous.

Enjoy your easy win because almost all the bosses that follow are pretty much the hardest in the series

J-Skee

Whoa. Was banging my head against the wall in I
rithyll
for while, decided to explore in other areas for a little bit, little did I know that the C
atacombs
lead to a whole different area altogether, the S
mouldering
L
ake

Oh boy, here we go.

The Flash

Banned
So I found the first bonfire for the
Cathedral of the Deep
while running around in
Crucifixion Woods
. Is it safe to go there now or should I take care of the
Abyss Watchers
first?

Edit: was just invaded by someone named George Zimmerman...

Elixist

ya lord W was tough for me with my longsword. i just wasnt doing enuf damage to push him back. i also dint realize until a few deaths that i should go for
the right arm, i thought the fog would kill u.
awesome fight, one of my faves so far.

ApharmdX

Banned
This room was unfair. Seriously!

unfairtnatn.jpg

mild location and item/weapon spoiler.

They have a ton of health. Only easy to manage three of them with a fast bleed weapon.

Citadel

Some people won't use certain weapons if they're not the best in their class or whatever. Pretty sure if you liked some dual swords and upgraded them you'd be fine.

Fair enough - I just want to have a fighting chance against general mobs + phantoms that invade/hosts that I invade.

I think I'll try the chaos blade. Can't infuse, but it's got S scaling for Dex... Looks good. Maybe i'll simply upgrade the Uchi (or sellswords) that I have now and use those until I get the chaos blade.

Thanks!

3/4, at worst.

Thanks.

Honestly i'm demotivated at this point. This fight bores me to death. oh wow look a giant blade that touch you at the other side side of the room and an insta kill grab. Never seen before.
This game bores me to death. I want to spend time in PVP to push back the inevitable fight against this boss, but of course it's working once in a blue moon.

It's fantastic to see the colossal amount of whining from invaders that have now had the gank tables turned on them. Delicious tears. It's amazing how they don't sense the irony in it.

Hehehehehe.

The amount of salty messages I've gotten on Steam running a Gank Squad in the CoY/IotBV - Particularly through my method of having two Sunbros hiding out of sight (Either in the corners for a surprise backstab, or in the attic) and pretending to be doing a duel, using my empty Ashen to pretend I emptied my Estus

Think I'll do it again. Anyone care to join me? Password will be GAF, leave your signs in the attic below the
Darkmoon
leader. Get on my Discord channel if you're interested.

Maybe I'll do a Patches run too when this game gets a Steam sale.

Derpot

Guys, I think I have a problem with coop, I'm not sure what's happening.

So here's the thing. I have my character who is lvl 40. Last boss I beat was D
ancer
I wanted to do some coop against the A
byss
W
atchers
so I left my mark and I waited for like more than 5 mn and nothing. Nobody summoned me. I tried for D
eacons
of the D
eep
. And nothing. Strangely, it worked before.
I thought it was weird and maybe it was a server problem or something. So I tried to coop with my lvl 100 character and I got summoned many times. So no, it seemed it wasn't that.
I came back to my lvl 40 character and this time, I tried to invade people at the Cathedral of the Deep, and it worked. I invaded many people.
And strangely, when I fought P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
, A
ldrich
and D
ancer
, I managed to summon other players to help me.

So in other words, I can invade people, I can summon them, but it looks like I can't get summoned at all? I haven't found an answer at this issue yet :/

Xeteh

Man, the huge beasts that don't respawn are harder than the bosses in this game. Like the angry muppet that causes curse and the dog crocodiles can both die in a very painful fire.

Meccs

I'm at the
Dancer
Boss
How far am i into the game?

Same place for me. I don't want this game to end though. It's that good! Anyone know when the first DLC will be out? :p

Edit: Fall? Oh noes... I might have to buy the Bloodborne DLC after all

Jharp

Need clarification on Leonhard:

I accidentally made him hostile. Can I still kill him as part of Rosaria's quest or do I need to absolve sin for him to show up for that fight?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Need clarification on Leonhard:

I accidentally made him hostile. Can I still kill him as part of Rosaria's quest or do I need to absolve sin for him to show up for that fight?

I'd assume he shows up in her chamber if he's non-hostile.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I've been stuck after defeating
Aldrich, Devourer of Souls
at
Anor Lando
and not sure where to go. I don't know if I missed a boss fight but some walkthroughs are giving me different answers.

deoee

Guys, I think I have a problem with coop, I'm not sure what's happening.

So here's the thing. I have my character who is lvl 40. Last boss I beat was D
ancer
I wanted to do some coop against the A
byss
W
atchers
so I left my mark and I waited for like more than 5 mn and nothing. Nobody summoned me. I tried for D
eacons
of the D
eep
. And nothing. Strangely, it worked before.
I thought it was weird and maybe it was a server problem or something. So I tried to coop with my lvl 100 character and I got summoned many times. So no, it seemed it wasn't that.
I came back to my lvl 40 character and this time, I tried to invade people at the Cathedral of the Deep, and it worked. I invaded many people.
And strangely, when I fought P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
, A
ldrich
and D
ancer
, I managed to summon other players to help me.

So in other words, I can invade people, I can summon them, but it looks like I can't get summoned at all? I haven't found an answer at this issue yet :/

Maybe people don't like your style? :D

zewone

Man, the huge beasts that don't respawn are harder than the bosses in this game. Like the angry muppet that causes curse and the dog crocodiles can both die in a very painful fire.

Hell yeah. The double crocodile dogs in that one area is ridiculous on NG+, each hit does about 70% of my HP.

Anyone have tips for
Champion Gundyr
? I'm fucking livid right now. I got him down to a sliver of health on my first try and haven't come that close since. Also, how do you dodge his charge move? I've done it a few times by rolling left, but it doesn't alwasy work.

deoee

I've been stuck after defeating
Aldrich, Devourer of Souls
at
Anor Lando
and not sure where to go. I don't know if I missed a boss fight but some walkthroughs are giving me different answers.

Try going back to the room opposite of the first boss arena ( In Lothric).
Where you got the sigil.

Jesus; I figured since I found
High Lord of Wolnir
so easy, I'd help other people beat him for easy souls, but hosts keep getting themselves killed by
running into the fog

mstevens

So I decided I want to try pvp tonight for the first time (mound makers). I really just want to get the 30 covenant items. Any advice? I'm level 27 around Ferron.

p3n

Can you get the rewards from covenants you have not yet joined? I have 14 shackles but I didn't join the M
ound Makers
yet. Don't want to waste them by turning them in without joining.

mstevens

Can you get the rewards from covenants you have not yet joined? I have 14 shackles but I didn't join the M
ound Makers
yet. Don't want to waste them by turning them in without joining.

How did you get all those shackles o_O I thought the drop rate was abysmal

Ogawa-san

They have a ton of health. Only easy to manage three of them with a fast bleed weapon.
My first time in there was hell. My second time was with a katana, they exploded after 4 hits.

Bless bleed... when it works.

Also, only during my second time I learned it's possible to fight them one by one. Bless bows as well, people not carrying one are playing on true hard mode.

Anyone have tips for
Champion Gundyr
? I'm fucking livid right now. I got him down to a sliver of health on my first try and haven't come that close since. Also, how do you dodge his charge move? I've done it a few times by rolling left, but it doesn't alwasy work.

Maximize the damage on the swings, during his 3-4 swing he can actually completely overshoot you and you can get a few extra hits if you're feeling lucky. He can only shoulder bash if you're in front of him so try not to be at all times, and he will do it very rarely. The kick however is the hardest move, if he gets you with it just roll back and immediately try to heal.

Ladekabel

Making slow progress because I'm not having much time. Just found the Fallen Knight Armor. Thing looks fucking awesome! I will never use another armor.

But it is a little bit heavy. Have to use the Astora Straight Sword instead of the Hollowslayer. I'm currently at the
flooded forest with the crabs
. Is there a farm spot where I can get a few souls so I can raise my equip load a bit or
is there Havel's Ring in this game and how far am I from finding it?

New to Dark souls series. I am using the mercenary character. Anyone have suggestions or website that a new player can go to to learn about everything in the game. Such as what to upgrade, the different items, and weapons to use. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Elixist

New to Dark souls series. I am using the mercenary character. Anyone have suggestions or website that a new player can go to to learn about everything in the game. Such as what to upgrade, the different items, and weapons to use. Any help would be appreciated thanks

get a bunch of vigor early imo, makes the early game alot smoother for a beginner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom