• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing lots of farming so I can reinforce many different weapons to +9 or +4 to try them out. My favorite farming spot is definitely the golden winged knights at the top of L
othric
C
astle
. I wear the Symbol of Avarice, Covetous Silver Serpent Ring, and the Shield of Want and use Rapport to make them fight each other, and then I finish them off. From what I've experienced, they have a 100% drop rate for at least large titanite shards, but also sometimes drop chunks and/or weapons. And of course they also grant a ton of souls. Great farming spot; easily accessed from the G
rand
A
rchives
bonfire and then taking the elevator all the way up (assuming you've unlocked it).

I've had surprising PvP success with the Drang Hammers and Winged Knight Twinaxes. I never used twin weapons on my first character but now they're my favorite. I also really like the Lothric Knight Long Spear; it serves as a great backup weapon to use against low HP opponents for a surprise poke, or against straight sword users with their bullshit hitbox length. Surprisingly, I've had terrible PvP results with the Black Knight Greataxe. It's great for PvE though.

GulAtiCa

Bahahaha that's actually pretty hilarious. He was hesitant to trust you, and you proved his suspicions right. If I was that dude I probably would have laughed too.

I was only a purplebro to rank up, so I'd put my sign down and get summoned to like 1v1 and some fight clubs. Sometimes I'd get summoned to help since the host has multiple invaders and depending on how badly I wanted a covenant item I'd either help the host kill, or help the host die.

Yeah, sometimes I would actually help the host out. Go all the way to boss door and give them a goodbye wave as I get far enough away to let them know I won't try to hurt them.

Sometimes the host would die, which was nice for me.

Got summoned into a few ganks before. Well kinda. Host would summon me, and then summon others too. The other summons would try to kill me, and host would then too. Not sure of the intensions of the host, but obviously the co-ops weren't aware I was summoned for co-op (though my intension were more likely to kill the host)

The best one of those gank summons had me following them around for a while. Let them kill NPCs/enemies and let me soak in the souls. At one point I even chameleon myself near an area with a bunch of harder enemies and just watched them. Kinda heart-beating moment as both would walk near me, stop, and stick around before moving on, thinking I was caught. I eventually did sadly try to get greedy to kill the summon, but was kinda funny anyways. Was prob in that world for like 10 or 15 minutes.

I remember one time I got invaded, and was in no mood for it/had other things to do. So I hid on top of one of the elevators hidden. lol.

KingKong

For how incredible the game is and how much work has been put into the smallest details, there are so gameplay systems and mechanics that are either broken or just poorly designed

Kudos to anyone who can take on the Dancer early. I think I only died to her once on my first playthrough, but on my second playthrough it's taken me about a dozen tries, half of which it took longer to run from the Vordt bonfire to the boss room than it did betwen entering the fog gate and dying. I'm shaking from killing her - I ran out of Estus, had to use an Ember to heal and nearly died doing that! I just can't get a grip on this boss at all. I do have quite low HP, the grab attack was insta-kill, but these infinite stamina, giant combo bosses in this game are just not my style at all. Phew! I am DREADING NG+! I might respec and cheese with high magic just for this boss! Yuck!

She died on my first try on NG+ right after Iudex Gundyr. Your HP and Stamina in NG+ will be so much higher than you can just block her every attack, even the 7-hit spin combo.

Oh, I saw on YT guys rolling through each of those 7 attacks... quite impressive.

Or...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQYArVXnY0M

Yeah, sometimes I would actually help the host out. Go all the way to boss door and give them a goodbye wave as I get far enough away to let them know I won't try to hurt them.

Sometimes the host would die, which was nice for me.

Got summoned into a few ganks before. Well kinda. Host would summon me, and then summon others too. The other summons would try to kill me, and host would then too. Not sure of the intensions of the host, but obviously the co-ops weren't aware I was summoned for co-op (though my intension were more likely to kill the host)

The best one of those gank summons had me following them around for a while. Let them kill NPCs/enemies and let me soak in the souls. At one point I even chameleon myself near an area with a bunch of harder enemies and just watched them. Kinda heart-beating moment as both would walk near me, stop, and stick around before moving on, thinking I was caught. I eventually did sadly try to get greedy to kill the summon, but was kinda funny anyways. Was prob in that world for like 10 or 15 minutes.

I remember one time I got invaded, and was in no mood for it/had other things to do. So I hid on top of one of the elevators hidden. lol.

I switch between Goldbro and Purplebro depending on what I wanna do. If I wanna help I'm a Goldbro if I wanna PvP I'll be a Purplebro, but if they summon me as a Purplebro and want me to help I'll help. I've never been summoned into ganks though, and invaders and other summons generally adhere to fightclub rules and just sit on the sidelines.

Nerokis

Partizan is great. Good damage and terrific moveset and skill.

Sweet. I'll check it out.

Nameless King... Wtf is this boss.

Amazing. First time I ever felt the need to record a boss victory.

Take things slow, feel him out, don't let him bait you into a rushed dodge, and be okay waiting for a good time to heal up. Once you get into a good rhythm, he goes down surprisingly quickly.

She died on my first try on NG+ right after Iudex Gundyr. Your HP and Stamina in NG+ will be so much higher than you can just block her every attack, even the 7-hit spin combo.

Oh, I saw on YT guys rolling through each of those 7 attacks... quite impressive.
Respec to get more health, or wear the ring
FAP...I know it's just favour now, but nothing will stop me from calling it ring of fap, nothing!
That or respec and give yourself some more vig. You could also summon someone, the fight is still a challenge with a single summon.

Yeah, I guess by that point in NG+ I will have more HP, it's always the stat I level last because I'm too greedy for more damage output!

Link_enfant

I noticed you can equip every weapon even if you don't have enough strength/dexterity, in which case the game tells you about your lack in the corresponding stat.
What does happen if you try to use the weapon despite the restriction? Does your attack power decreases a lot, or does the item break way faster for example?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I noticed you can equip every weapon even if you don't have enough strength/dexterity, in which case the game tells you about your lack in the corresponding stat.
What does happen if you try to use the weapon despite the restriction? Does your attack power decreases a lot, or does the item break way faster for example?
Your attack power decreases a ton.

I don't know if they kept this too, but in Dark Souls 1, if you failed to meet the strength requirement, your attack animation would be slooooow and sluggish as hell. It made for some hilarious animations when trying to fire a crossbow without the strength req though!

Mindlog

I die in two hits -,-
I dropped my Soapstone and defeated him dozens of times. Really learned the fight well which I loved.

There are two things that really helped me out.
Carthus Bloodring. Some may question its worth, but while using it I was rarely hit. However, when rolling wasn't the best option.
Greatshield. I used a soul transposed great shield which was incredibly stable and very resistant to fire and lightning.

With those two the fight became much easier and with practice they both became unnecessary.

brainslug

Finally got the Platinum Trophy. Farming those covenant items was a chore, never again!

It's my GOTY 2016 for sure, but I've been playing it so much that I definitely need a break. Will be back when the DLC hits, of course.

Pusherman

Nameless King... Wtf is this boss.

You gotta keep your distance. Had the hardest time when I was up in his face rolling like a motherfucker because he hit so hard. But when you keep your distance and wait for large openings, like after he flies up and slams down, he's actually not that hard.

Cyrano

Ferr986

Less damage and more stamina used per hit.

Just got
the dancer
down, what an enjoyable fight that was and a real change of pace, had look around the
castle gardens
didn't like that at all!

Just got
the dancer
down, what an enjoyable fight that was and a real change of pace, had look around the
castle gardens
didn't like that at all!

Are you talking about the place with
hordes of snake/human hybrids...huakes, hunakes, snumans, snamans. O and TOXIC FREAKING EVERYWHERE!

Arjen

Oh my fucking God...
Another fucking gankspank, I get help from another invaders. We kill all the summons, just me against the host, host disconects. Fuck this community.

LiK

Oh my fucking God...
Another fucking gankspank, I get help from another invaders. We kill all the summons, just me against the host, host disconects. Fuck this community.

Wow, now that's super lame. Host disconnecting should give you the reward.

Complete bullshit. What currently matters is whether or not you're wearing something that gives you poise. That's it. That's literally it.

It's enough to wear a pair of measly leather gloves that gives you a whooping 1.3 points or something to grant you hyper armor during certain frames of your weapon abilities.

All the different poise stats that come with armor pieces are pointless right now. There is no difference between wearing full Havel's and running around naked with a helmet. It all has the one and same effect. It doesn't improve in any way the more poise you have. The way poise is implement currently is nothing short of a joke.

Poise currently does work, but only during active attack frames of weapons. If you are standing still or blocking, poise isn't active in DS3. Some weapons also have hyper-armor, which is effectively just additional poise (since it seems if you get hit hard enough during hyper-armor, you can still be knocked out of the animation).

That's weapon move specific and has nothing to do with the poise stat you see on your character sheet.

Anyone having problems logging in? It gets stuck on "retrieving latest calibrations" or "checking network connection status" and I got a "could not verify PS+ on your account" message. But I managed to play a game of Rocket League just fine

I wanted to do some invasions before sleep. Won't get another chance to play until Friday :/

Tarkus

Yeah... that's 100% complete bullshit. I'm not going to take a PR rep from Bandai Namco's word for it over the fact that people have shown that you can "turn it on" with code modifications. This is person is either horribly misinformed or lying.
Just like PR rep who tweeted that there were no plans for 1080p/60 on PC.

Umm... mad as hell. I just watched as Lobos Jr killed Abyss Watchers on his first try, using 3 Estus and a slow-ass Greatsword.

And they killed me around 10 times :(

kagamin

Umm... mad as hell. I just watched as Lobos Jr killed Abyss Watchers on his first try, using 3 Estus and a slow-ass Greatsword.

And they killed me around 10 times :(

Yea but he runs Dark Souls 1 like its nothing, can you do the runs he can in that game? If not I don't think its fair to compare your skill level to his. :p

I'm not really happy with P
ontiff Sulyvahn
. It's flashy and dramatic, but it's not really a good boss and going to be the guy I dread dealing with on every playthrough. Feels like he was born from a misguided fusion of Bloodborne (make him really fast!) and Dark Souls II (there are two of him!).

I beat him with a Broadsword, and was one hit away from beating him with a Great Scythe but ran out of healing.

I'm not really happy with P
ontiff Sulyvahn
. It's flashy and dramatic, but it's not really a good boss and going to be the guy I dread dealing with on every playthrough. Feels like he was born from a misguided fusion of Bloodborne (make him really fast!) and Dark Souls II (there are two of him!).

I beat him with a Broadsword, and was one hit away from beating him with a Great Scythe but ran out of healing.

He is my favourite boss fight so far.

Wow, I'd have estus'ed that shit out right away and would have done a taunt emote at the end instead of bowing, you're a better person than I am. xD

(Then again I'd have rolled out of the gesture too...)

To be fair, I kinda felt that Bowing was actually more insulting there, like I remained being above his shit and was looking down on him XD

As for rolling, I honestly expected him to do something other than attack me till the very last moment. Dunno why, attacking while gesturing felt like way too classless to even expect.

Then again, did end up attacking dude while gesturing in the very same vid, but that was mid battle, and I was chocking so by the time I even realised he was gesturing, button was already pressed.

Meccs

Invasions were awful today. Either 3 guys plus 1 blue or disconnects, laggy as hell. I also lost to two people 1vs1 were I noticed some fundamental flaws in my dodging and avoiding blows in general so I thought I go Pontiff and do some duels. You know, to try some things out, learn something. I did play for an hour and only lost two duels. Didn't lean anything...

The problem I have is that I dodge the first blow most of the time and then eat the second or third follow up. Especially with large weapons where the guy just swings 4 times in a 360 radius (probably with manual aim). Also some people dodge your swing two times and end up at the side of you and still backstab you. I have no clue how this is happening.

Can you recommend some good Youtube/Twitch streamers that do PvP? I feel like I'm not done with DKS3 PvP yet and would like to improve just a little bit... but I've hit a wall atm. :/

Arjen

Invasions were awful today. Either 3 guys plus 1 blue or disconnects, laggy as hell. I also lost to two people 1vs1 were I noticed some fundamental flaws in my dodging and avoiding blows in general so I thought I go Pontiff and do some duels. You know, to try some things out, learn something. I did play for an hour and only lost two duels. Didn't lean anything...

The problem I have is that I dodge the first blow most of the time and then eat the second or third follow up. Especially with large weapons where the guy just swings 4 times in a 360 radius (probably with manual aim). Also some people dodge your swing and end up at the side of you and still backstab you. I have no clue how this is happening.

Can you recommend some good Youtube/Twitch streamers that do PvP? I feel like I'm not done with DKS3 PvP yet and would like to improve just a little bit... but I've hit a wall atm. :/

Check out praisethesun on YouTube. He has some good pvp videos, I learned a bunch from him.

Tarkus

The problem I have is that I dodge the first blow most of the time and then eat the second or third follow up. Especially with large weapons where the guy just swings 4 times in a 360 radius (probably with manual aim). Also some people dodge your swing two times and end up at the side of you and still backstab you. I have no clue how this is happening.

Mriwont4get - really good and has great analysis on weapons.

PvPSkillz - parry fucking king. He also has good weapons analysis.

Hystzen

Man watching this ENB first walk through is painful it's like he never played a souls game so many amateur mistakes it baffling. Maybe him working on guide is how he got good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom