• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

Small funny Irithyll spoiler

I'm just running by a lot of stuff in NG++ and the wolf-crocodile thing you fight on the bridge will come after you in the water if you don't kill him. Heard a loud roar and a thump while moving towards the Irithyll Dungeon entrance and had no idea what was happening.

Man, it's crazy how many people miss
the Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith section of Smouldering Lake.
I guess it's because you can't see the entrance until you're right in front of the boss fog.

I almost missed it. I was stuck on the Demon King boss battle for some time and during some of the runs towards the fog gate I just instinctively noticed something to the right.

Had I kill him on my 1st try I would just bonfire out and miss that area.

Crazy, no?

Auctopus

Have PC players extracted the map data yet, similar to Dark Souls 1? Always interesting to look at.

dsmap-1024x519.jpg

Arjen

I kept track of the invasions I did today. Was trying to get shackles. 25 invasions. 20 of those were 2v1 or more, most of them with seeds. 4 were fightclubs. 1 was an 1v1. Stayed embered in downtime solo and was invaded 4 times. I've been complaining about this before, that's why I kept track, I absolutely hate this system of people with summons getting priority.

LiK

i think one thing i noticed from watching ENB and AGS play is how they're constantly fooled into thinking there's an ambush or possible boss encounter when there isn't. FROM did a good job messing with their expectations.

I kept track of the invasions I did today. Was trying to get shackles. 25 invasions. 20 of those were 2v1 or more, most of them with seeds. 4 were fightclubs. 1 was an 1v1. Stayed embered in downtime solo and was invaded 4 times. I've been complaining about this before, that's why I kept track, I absolutely hate this system of people with summons getting priority.

I think Mound Makers specifically target hosts with summons.

GulAtiCa

I think Mound Makers specifically target hosts with summons.

Yep. The Mound Makers are the Chaos covenant, and if you invade, it will target those with the most people in it (esp on both sides).

So I found it a little easier to let myself be summoned as a co-op (and then backstab them off a ledge lol)

tariniel

Trying to wrap up everything in NG before moving on to NG+

Covenants:
Darkmoon Blade rank 2
Watchdogs of Farron rank 2
Warriors of Sunlight rank 2
Aldritch Faithful rank 1
Rosarias fingers rank 1
Mound Makers rank 0 (missed it in NG, have to do this one in NG+)
Transposed all of the boss souls
Traded with pickle pee for gestures/slab/sunlight armor

From all the souls from doing this I have 50 chunks, twinkling, and scales.

Am I forgetting anything important? Next on my list is to kill all the NPC's. I've already beaten the last boss I just need to choose the ending to move on.

Will I keep my covenants and ranks when moving to NG+?

LiK

Trying to wrap up everything in NG before moving on to NG+

Covenants:
Darkmoon Blade rank 2
Watchdogs of Farron rank 2
Warriors of Sunlight rank 2
Aldritch Faithful rank 1
Rosarias fingers rank 1
Mound Makers rank 0 (missed is in NG, have to do this one in NG+)
Transposed all of the boss souls
Traded with pickle pee for gestures/slab/sunlight armor

From all the souls from doing this I have 50 chunks, twinkling, and scales.

Am I forgetting anything important? Next on my list is to kill all the NPC's. I've already beaten the last boss I just need to choose the ending to move on.

Will I keep my covenant items and ranks when moving to NG+?

Cov items yes, i think someone said the ranks reset.

Sarcasm

The only cool thing about the online aspect is the messages. Invasions is kind of a mess.

Also when is the earliest I can respec without screwing some obtuse NPC quest line?

Jamesways

The only cool thing about the online aspect is the messages. Invasions is kind of a mess.

Also when is the earliest I can respec without screwing some obtuse NPC quest line?

Either kill S
irrus
or wait until after you beat the
Lothric Princes

So pretty much the end of the game.

If you don't care about the Darkmoon Covenant, go ahead and do it early.

konjak

FINALLY beat P
rinces
on my Soul Level 1 playthrough. Maybe now I can finally start getting a mind for being observant in these games for when to dodge, haha. Took so many tries before it clicked, and even then the bastard can force damage on you given the "right" setup.

I found a funny exploit though, which I'm sure is well known:
he can't teleport to the fog gate. When the fight starts, just push back and he'll just go to where he starts (possible exception is the one where he appears above you as it seemed to happen anyway once, but it's extremely rare). This always works, as I started phase two this way too to give me a fairer shot to dodge the 50 stupid projectiles. Other times there's a lot less projectiles, so that's okay. But at any point you can push against the fog gate and he will teleport in place. Saved me some grief.

tariniel

I just realized... one of the quests I screwed up in NG is
Not leveling up with Yoel before he died.
. Now I'm SL120 in NG and will have no choice but to level to 125 in NG+ to do this quest?

Jamesways

Anyone do a luck/faith build? Success with it? What were your Str/Dex stats?

I'm trying to fit it all in one. Str at 18 for Lothric shield, Dex at 25-30, Luck at 40, and trying to get Faith at 30 for Lightning Blade.

Hard to do under SL100 without leaving your Vig and End at 25 or lower.

tariniel

Anyone do a luck/faith build? Success with it? What were your Str/Dex stats?

I'm trying to fit it all in one. Str at 18 for Lothric shield, Dex at 25-30, Luck at 40, and trying to get Faith at 30 for Lightning Blade.

Hard to do under SL100 without leaving your Vig and End at 25 or lower.

You might get something useful from this, I was considering respecing to a similar build to try out Darkmoon Blade buff. You'll have to compromise something to fit it into level 100 though.

i think one thing i noticed from watching ENB and AGS play is how they're constantly fooled into thinking there's an ambush or possible boss encounter when there isn't. FROM did a good job messing with their expectations.

Same in Lobos Jr playthrough although Lobos Jr generally cannot be fooled. But sometimes he starts preparing for nothing hehe.

But yeah the level design in this game - which fools you sometimes - is really damn good.

LiK

Same in Lobos Jr playthrough although Lobos Jr generally cannot be fooled. But sometimes he starts preparing for nothing hehe.

But yeah the level design in this game - which fools you sometimes - is really damn good.

it's the best the series has done up to this point. people might miss the interconnectedness of DkS1 but yea, the level design is really well done.

Jamesways

You might get something useful from this, I was considering respecing to a similar build to try out Darkmoon Blade buff. You'll have to compromise something to fit it into level 100 though.

Awesome! Thanks.

This quote right here- Bingo!
"If you didn't know faith gives anri's sword flat physical damage outside of the buff too."

I'm doing the Anri's luck/bleed build right now and want to switch from str/dex to faith to play with miracles. But I was concerned with the spell buffs the physical would be too low.

You get over 400 AR easy with 40 luck and some dex or str.

pa22word

When I was browsing here last night on my lunch break I noticed some people posting that sents/darkmoon was fixed on PC. Is that really true?

test_account

XP-39C²
It's pretty hilarious they only have a leaderbord for the covenant that doesn't work for most of the players.
The top 10 guys have been really lucky. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place have 1132, 1131 and 1129 Proof of Concords given respectively (i wonder if these guys know each other concidering that its that close between them). 10th place has 700.

Yep. The Mound Makers are the Chaos covenant, and if you invade, it will target those with the most people in it (esp on both sides).

So I found it a little easier to let myself be summoned as a co-op (and then backstab them off a ledge lol)

You monster, they trusted you!

I just realized... one of the quests I screwed up in NG is
Not leveling up with Yoel before he died.
. Now I'm SL120 in NG and will have no choice but to level to 125 in NG+ to do this quest?

I'm on the same boat, it's pretty obnoxious.

Nerokis

such a major oversight to not let people check their current rank in the game.

Yep. Another UI oversight that comes to mind is not showing a "number held" for weapons and armor in stores. It kills me when I'm not 100% sure I already have something.

On another note, what are some of the better spear-like weapons? My character has 40 str, 40 dex, and 20 int. I'm almost done with NG+, and I haven't even touched any of the spears or polearms. Any recommendations?

Kudos to anyone who can take on the Dancer early. I think I only died to her once on my first playthrough, but on my second playthrough it's taken me about a dozen tries, half of which it took longer to run from the Vordt bonfire to the boss room than it did betwen entering the fog gate and dying. I'm shaking from killing her - I ran out of Estus, had to use an Ember to heal and nearly died doing that! I just can't get a grip on this boss at all. I do have quite low HP, the grab attack was insta-kill, but these infinite stamina, giant combo bosses in this game are just not my style at all. Phew! I am DREADING NG+! I might respec and cheese with high magic just for this boss! Yuck!

Tarkus

Yep. Another UI oversight that comes to mind is not showing a "number held" for weapons and armor in stores. It kills me when I'm not 100% sure I already have something.

On another note, what are some of the better spear-like weapons? My character has 40 str, 40 dex, and 20 int. I'm almost done with NG+, and I haven't even touched any of the spears or polearms. Any recommendations?
Partizan is great. Good damage and terrific moveset and skill.

GulAtiCa

You monster, they trusted you!

What did they expect from when they summoned a purple guy late game? lol

Funny enough, I did that 5+ times next to a shortcut. I would point to the shortcut to get their attention (I found a lot of people actually miss it) and then once they kick it down, I backstab them. The force of the backstab with my Claymore/etc pushed them forward off the ledge and I jump after and bring my sword down on them if they survive the fall.

I mention this before, but one of those times someone just wouldn't kick the ladder down and kept trying to fight me. So you can only imagine the evil smile I had on me when the guy FINALLY listen to me and kicked the ladder down, only to die to me.

I laughed. lol

Kudos to anyone who can take on the Dancer early. I think I only died to her once on my first playthrough, but on my second playthrough it's taken me about a dozen tries, half of which it took longer to run from the Vordt bonfire to the boss room than it did betwen entering the fog gate and dying. I'm shaking from killing her - I ran out of Estus, had to use an Ember to heal and nearly died doing that! I just can't get a grip on this boss at all. I do have quite low HP, the grab attack was insta-kill, but these infinite stamina, giant combo bosses in this game are just not my style at all. Phew! I am DREADING NG+! I might respec and cheese with high magic just for this boss! Yuck!

Respec to get more health, or wear the ring
FAP...I know it's just favour now, but nothing will stop me from calling it ring of fap, nothing!
That or respec and give yourself some more vig. You could also summon someone, the fight is still a challenge with a single summon.

What did they expect from when they summoned a purple guy late game? lol

Funny enough, I did that 5+ times next to a shortcut. I would point to the shortcut to get their attention (I found a lot of people actually miss it) and then once they kick it down, I backstab them. The force of the backstab with my Claymore/etc pushed them forward off the ledge and I jump after and bring my sword down on them if they survive the fall.

I mention this before, but one of those times someone just wouldn't kick the ladder down and kept trying to fight me. So you can only imagine the evil smile I had on me when the guy FINALLY listen to me and kicked the ladder down, only to die to me.

I laughed. lol

Bahahaha that's actually pretty hilarious. He was hesitant to trust you, and you proved his suspicions right. If I was that dude I probably would have laughed too.

I was only a purplebro to rank up, so I'd put my sign down and get summoned to like 1v1 and some fight clubs. Sometimes I'd get summoned to help since the host has multiple invaders and depending on how badly I wanted a covenant item I'd either help the host kill, or help the host die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom