• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Just beat this game, got the
Lord of Hollows
ending. This game ended like a total wet fart, but the the rest of it was fantastic even if it was often frustrating. :p

I tried to
remove the dark sigil to get another ending
, but the game told me it was gonna cost 400k souls LOL. WTF?

Anyway I have a question: In a trailer I remember seeing a crazy boss
riding a dragon on something in the sky.
Where is this?

Manus

Finally a fix for my ultra wide monitor! This game looks so good. :D

D90F8B4847442D21762BF20C3ACB690C0AD553CB

Lord of Hollows
ending. This game ended like a total wet fart, but the the rest of it was fantastic even if it was often frustrating. :p

I tried to

Anyway I have a question: In a trailer a remember seeing a crazy boss
Where is this?

Archdragon Peak
Gotta go to
Irithyll Dungeon
and
gesture at a certain place.
Then it takes you to what I believe is the nicest looking place in DS3.

eh, you want to understand tells from the actions at a glance

Just because you can't physically see the spear hitting you doesn't mean you don't know it's coming.

I can anticipate attacks for the most part it's just disorienting and I've run into invisible walls dodging some attacks as a result.

Switch the lock on and off a lot, and it should be manageable, as the camera will actually switch targets.

I've been doing that a bit as per most similar bosses, but it's been less effective for whatever reason.

Glad to see I'm not the only person struggling. I just need to give it some time and see if I can eventually get someone summoned. My biggest issue is
avoiding the dragon's fire attack. Even though I'm not very encumbered I am having serious trouble out running that attack.

Jellie

Lord of Hollows

I tried to

Where is this?
after beating the optional boss in Lothric Castle you can find a gesture in the next room which you should use in Irithyll dungeon where the dragon torso was.

I've given the Twinblades some time and I'm not seeing it. The stance attacks use more stamina yet do less damage, and they don't stagger worth a damn. I need a two-handed Falchion, not this junk.

MilkBeard

It's actually pretty weird, DkS2 was going for lighting that was far ahead of what Bloodborne and DkS3 had attempted and seemed like the whole point of DkS2's new engine (I had always speculated that a lot of really bland rooms in the game with very greyscale textures were that way because they were supposed to be very dark and only lit by a light source that would give it that color to it, for example).

Yeah, there was definitely something going on there. And the fact that there were so many places to light fire, and the whole torch mechanic that seemed to go to waste. My guess is that many of the rooms in the game were supposed to be really dark, and you had to light your way through.

It's too bad we never got that version of the game. They should have just designed it on 'next gen' to begin with.

son of a bitch. I was trying to get the
usurpation of fire
and fucked it up right at the end. these npc quest lines can go to hell

1183323920049.jpg

Seriously I don't know how people can tolerate these NPCs anymore, it's not even the questlines, the lines are barely there. I can't believe that the firekeeper has so few lines, like I just can't. The one NPC you will always go back to, and she repeats a single line for the most of the game...why. If there is one thing that needs to evolve in the Souls games it's the NPCs, either get completely rid of them and go all in with the desolate theme, or actually start improving them.

But I guess people will just watch Vaati's videos where he'll wrap it all in a nice bow with a bunch of fanfiction. I'm at least glad that one of the boss fights in this game spits directly into the face of one of the biggest and most popular fanfiction stories that has been constantly been propagated online, even though there was barely anything concrete to it.

GulAtiCa

Just got myself the Pyromancy spell C
haos Bed Vestiges
. Holy crap! This does a heck of a lot of damage. My normal F
ire Orb
spell does like 300ish damage, and this one does mid 650s! Nice. Ironically costs less FP then my heal miracle.

Dahbomb

Lord of Hollows

I tried to

Where is this?
Not only did you miss a great location but you also missed arguably the best boss in the game lol.

MilkBeard

1183323920049.jpg

Seriously I don't know how people can tolerate these NPCs anymore, it's not even the questlines, the lines are barely there. I can't believe that the firekeeper has so few lines, like I just can't. The one NPC you will always go back to, and she repeats a single line for the most of the game...why. If there is one thing that needs to evolve in the Souls games it's the NPCs, either get completely rid of them and go all in with the desolate theme, or actually start improving them.

But I guess people will just watch Vaati's videos where he'll wrap it all in a nice bow with a bunch of fanfiction. I'm at least glad that one of the boss fights in this game spits directly into the face of one of the biggest and most popular fanfiction stories that has been constantly been propagated online, even though there was barely anything concrete to it.
I like the obscure NPC questlines, because I feel that they are something that FROM doesn't necessarily want you to find right away. They are things you discover over time, or with a guide if you are impatient. Although, having the characters give a little bit more direction in how to follow through would be nice.

One of the few complaints I have with Dark Souls 3 though, is how little variation in dialogue there is for the characters sitting in the bonfire shrine, like you said. Having some extra lines for the Firekeeper and the other two in the room would have gone a long way.

I don't think they should get rid of them; and now that Dark Souls is continuing to sell better as a series, I think they can afford to spend more resources on making the NPCs a little bit more involved and deeper. I think it would be cool actually if their questlines involved more quests and trips and story events/battles. I think this would give a lot more depth to the lore and the characters as well.

GulAtiCa

Think I'm nearing the end now, can anyone tell me how many more hours I have left?

I just defeated the tree.

uhhhh..... That's like the
2nd
boss... lol. So you have a while, assuming you didn't miss it your first time going through the area.

Yeah, there was definitely something going on there. And the fact that there were so many places to light fire, and the whole torch mechanic that seemed to go to waste. My guess is that many of the rooms in the game were supposed to be really dark, and you had to light your way through.

It's too bad we never got that version of the game. They should have just designed it on 'next gen' to begin with.
I'm guessing they tried to use Dark Souls 2 to experiment with the lighting but when it wasn't going well Bloodborne still had time to transition over to something different and still keep a heavy atmosphere.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck what a difficulty spike
Lothric
castle is. So Many hard enemies in a row around the
dragons

I like the obscure NPC questlines, because I feel that they are something that FROM doesn't necessarily want you to find right away. They are things you discover over time, or with a guide if you are impatient. Although, having the characters give a little bit more direction in how to follow through would be nice.

One of the few complaints I have with Dark Souls 3 though, is how little variation in dialogue there is for the characters sitting in the bonfire shrine, like you said. Having some extra lines for the Firekeeper and the other two in the room would have gone a long way.

I don't think they should get rid of them; and now that Dark Souls is continuing to sell better as a series, I think they can afford to spend more resources on making the NPCs a little bit more involved and deeper. I think it would be cool actually if their questlines involved more quests and trips and story events/battles. I think this would give a lot more depth to the lore and the characters as well.

Yeah I don't really mind the obscure questlines, but some in this game have pretty ridiculous triggers, like the stupid door thing that occassionaly happens, and honestly most of them aren't that great. The only good one for me is Siegfried, Sirris seems incredibly random, and the good ending Irina just seems lazy and underdeveloped.

Mid game-ish location/enemy spoiler:
Is it just me, or is the big gator wolf in Irithyll just a reskin of the Watchdog of the Old Lords? I thought I was finally done with that shitheel.

TheExodu5

Banned
Man, this game is seriously a lot harder than Dark Souls 1. Those Lothric Knights and mutated goo zombies are way harder than anything I can recall from Dark Souls.

Shield Tanking and circle strafing is not nearly as effective.

Manu

And that's a wrap, everybody.

Took me 30 hours. I think I missed some optional areas and bosses, but even if that wasn't the case, I'm fine with the lenght.

I think this is the first Dark Souls game to be consistently great from start to finish. I said it on another post, but I really think this is Dark Souls: All Killer, No Filler Edition. Every area was great, bosses were amazing for the most part, and even the ones that weren't that great were miles better than bad bosses from previous games. There was no Bed of Chaos or Covetous Demon here. There was no drop of quality on the second half or Byrgenwerth-sized levels. It's a beautiful package and I loved it from beginning to end.

Some people say there's too much fanservice, so what? The game is a love letter to the series and feels like a sendoff in a lot of ways, so I enjoyed the fanservice too.

I need to see how it holds up in replays, but this could be my favorite Souls game.

Hm, I never found (NPC spoiler)
Patches
during the game, but I've been doing some stuff before NG+ and now he's just randomly showed up at Firelink.

Chorazin

WOW FUCK THIS BULLSHIT.
The area with the two giant wolf things down the long ladder in Irithyll can FUCK ITSELF. You half to fight the first one in that tiny fucking starting area or you aggro the other one. This is fucking insane. One hit kills on me if I don't Dodge perfect in that tiny goddamn square.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yep, done checking OT, hit the 5 day after point where I realized it was taking too much time

Was fun, see you all at the DLC o/

WOW FUCK THIS BULLSHIT.
The area with the two giant wolf things down the long ladder in Irithyll can FUCK ITSELF. You half to fight the first one in that tiny fucking starting area or you aggro the other one. This is fucking insane. One hit kills on me if I don't Dodge perfect in that tiny goddamn square.

:lol
Rethink your methods.

So, a refined Lothric Knight Sword is pretty darn good at +3. I've got 20 STR and 24 DEX, so my damage is pretty decent. The moveset is really nice too.

I'll try out the Dark Sword when I can get it. Am I close to a farming area for it? I just met
Anri and the Blind Horace
at
Road to Sacrifice.

Ran into a hacker. Had a shit ton of health and possibly inifinte flasks but still killed him. Invaded a little while later and he turned on full invincibility this time to be sure.

Tuck

Now that I'm done Ratchet, I can move to DS3. I played half an hour, just past the first boss.

Yep, its Dark Souls. Thankfully, I really like Dark Souls.

Should be fun!

MilkBeard

WOW FUCK THIS BULLSHIT.

It's really hard to fight more than one unless you are ridiculously overleveled. They are pretty much cheese-proof. In fact, I have a hard time fighting one as it is. But as others have said, you can aggro one of them with a bow, and then once its killed, it doesn't respawn. You can always summon for help.

Here's a hint: The thing can't gobble you if you have a shield up. I learned that the hard way. It's tuned to devour you if you roll in front of it.

Cracklox

Really? I was literally like that can't be it right? But it was. Stay close to him.

He def depends on build like most bosses for how hard it is. My 20 vigor, light armor, dex dude, was 1 shot by most of his attacks, meaning 1 mistimed roll and it was over. I had a pretty good read on all his stuff, second phase included
dragon shit was pretty annoying tho
, it's just I managed to do something stupid every time, and he would kill me for it. Heck estus and trying to consume them against him weren't a problem, like a lot of other bosses.

Summoned in the end after way too many hours, and watched a Mage blast off giants chunks of health. I think I hit him 2 or 3 times lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom