• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator

God damn I'm loving this game now. Just beat the boss
with the gold wristlets. Sorry forgetting the name already.

It was easy but just a cool ass looking boss.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
13th boss,
dragon
slayer
Armour
, down. Gave in and summoned again. So ten bosses solo, three with help so far. I'm fine with it as I'm already 37 hours in nd have other games to get to, and don't have the patience right now that I did when platinum ing Bloodborne solo.

Xeteh

I can't come up with a weapon that would be fun to play through the game with. Everything interesting seems so far in to the playthrough.

2AdEPT

anyone found a good save editor that supports ds3 on PC?

I can't come up with a weapon that would be fun to play through the game with. Everything interesting seems so far in to the playthrough.

kill
yuria
in firelink for the
darkdrift
. you can give her ashes to the maiden to continue buying her wares.

all the dual hand weapons like the sellsword twinblades re fun also and scale similarly...why use just one weapon? plus you can always go with the uchi!

I want to say I really appreciate them bringing back the title screen operatics. Its the one thing from demon's they dropped that I really missed.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone have advice, or a link for a Faith/Melee (Paladin) build? I'm reallocating, got 130 Soul levels to play with :p

Welp

Fuck the d
ancer's
second phase. Summond people for the first time in any boss fight to help and they insta-get killed in first phase. Some help lmao. Going to bed. I'm done.

Yeah, I did Yhorm before Aldrich

Go touch the statue where you got the banner from Emma, the woman in robes before Vordt.

Welp

Fuck the d
ancer's
second phase. Summond people for the first time in any boss fight to help and they insta-get killed in first phase. Some help lmao. Going to bed. I'm done.

Yeah, that boss was giving me problems earlier today. Was so relieved when I finally beat it, literally yelled with joy.

That reminds me, where exactly IS this room and how do I get there?

Just before
Anor Londo
, there's a court yard filled with
giants and pyromancers
. Immediately beyond, there's a way into a building with a staircase leading up.

Directly to the left, before the stairs, there's a small corner with blank walls on three sides. One of them is illusory and leads to a ladder down.

Have fucking fun down there, man!

Luigiv

Yeah, I did Yhorm before Aldrich

Ok, then you need to go back to
The high wall of Lothric, and go back to the room with the old lady Emma (you should have automatically warped their, but if you left the area, go back). Check out the statue behind where she was and the rest will make sense.

Feeling pretty upset right now because I'm pretty sure I'm the only person
Oceiros
has ever given any trouble.

He definitely took me a few goes. Getting the timing right for dodging his lunge attack definitely takes a few attempts to get down (not to mention, he hits like a freight train). He's by no means the easiest boss, so don't feel too upset.

Novocaine

Man. C
hampion
G
undyr
is one relentless motherfucker.

Oceiros

Possibly. I stumbled into him by accident and killed him first try. The ol' roll underneath and attack the testicles strat worked well.

Zocano

It's a shame power within is nerfed to all hell. For the best, I suppose, but the way they nerfed it is poop. Toning the damage output down is fine but killing the duration is just crap. Especially with how slow casting is in comparison to enemy speeds.

ironcreed

Banned
The Twin Princes
down. What a truly amazing fight. The bosses just keep getting better and better towards the end. Time to call it a night and take on
Kiln of the first Flame
tomorrow.

kagamin

The Twin Princes
down. What a truly amazing fight. The bosses just keep getting better and better towards the end. Time to call it a night and take on
Kiln of the first Flame
tomorrow.

The only thing there is the boss fight, so if you still need to do stuff you should do that first. :p

LiK

Damn, the first bonfire at A
rchdragon Peak
is the best place to farm for me. The 4 enemies there give a lot of souls and with two soul increase items, it gives a little more. They're also right there so if I mess up and die for whatever reason, grabbing my dropped souls is nothing. Gonna be fun to just farm here to buy up everything from the merchants before NG+ as well.

ironcreed

Banned
The only thing there is the boss fight, so if you still need to do stuff you should do that first. :p

Yeah, I kind of figured it was the end after I
placed the last Cinder and was recognized as the true heir and all that jazz.
I got sent to the bonfire and saved my game. I will probably warp out and do some clean up tomorrow before beating it.

And that's the game.

The final boss was soooooo gooooooood. The ambiance, the landscape, the music. BRAVO. The fight was interesting too.

So now what? Should I respec to what I want my NG+ character to be or what? I'm new to this whole NG+ Souls stuff.

One of my favorite Gaming moments came from tonight, and that was finally taking down
Nameless King.
That MFer should burn.

Any super fun builds for a really fresh 2nd run through?

ironcreed

Banned
I picked up the outrider set in
The Grand Archives
earlier. Pretty slick looking gear.

LiK

And that's the game.

The final boss was soooooo gooooooood. The ambiance, the landscape, the music. BRAVO. The fight was interesting too.

So now what? Should I respec to what I want my NG+ character to be or what? I'm new to this whole NG+ Souls stuff.

One of my favorite Gaming moments came from tonight, and that was finally taking down
Nameless King.
That MFer should burn.

What was your soul level when you beat the boss?

You can try magic build. Should be interesting.

knitoe

I'm having more trouble with these rooftop archers in
Irithyll
than I did with any in DaS1 lol

The DS1 can still be annoying, but in DS3, I had no issues.
Just run up and kill the left one. Others won't hit you. Finish him and go back to the others.
And that's the game.

Nameless King.
That MFer should burn.

Yes. Respec to what you want. Do any leftover areas and/or get / buy loot. If you want, kill NPCs for drops. Once you are ready, head to NG+.

Timeaisis

Whew. What a productive day, boss wise. I feel like they throw more and more bosses at you more frequently near end game.

I downed

Yhorm, Aldrich, Dancer, Dragonslayer Armor, and the Consumed King
. I liked all of them, except
Dancer.
The giant is really, really easy when you have help from
Siegward
, but it was still a cool battle.
Aldrich and Dragonslayer
were super intense and right down to the wire each time, which was awesome.
Consumed King
was really hard at first, untiI figured out I can just safely shield most of his attacks (kind of opposite to my rolly polly strategy, which doesn't work to great on him because he covers lots of distance with his attacks and you need to be right up in there.

Also, some fashion Souls. I really like the Drang set, and mixing it with different headgear yields some cool looks.

E9321A78ED5FCB9A21C218CAE472C5B811C37380

Undead Zorro

FE40B8DAF435E4AFEA2C295B56E6DBD34D8A4C1D

Dark Souls Kylo Ren

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
Just beat A
ncient dragon
and now it has become apparent that there was a gimmick that I was supposed to use in the fight instead of taking forever wacking at its tail

Styles

Idk, I feel like I really lagged behind on the whole leveling thing.

What was everybody else's final boss level @?

I think I was lvl 75? That was because I didn't find any of the stats worth leveling up. I probably would've put more points into vitality had I chosen to wear heavier armour.

Oceiros

I'm right there with you man. He fucked me up like 10 times. Idk if I was underleveled but it was a tough fight for me. Didn't have any problems with any other boss again until the last ones.

burgerdog

Idk, I feel like I really lagged behind on the whole leveling thing.

What was everybody else's final boss level @?

Should be level 50, don't plan on leveling up anymore than that. I have no idea how far I am and I don't want to find out. I just beat the boss after dancer and so far so good.

LiK

I ended on level 90, but that's because I started using Covetous Silver Serpent Ring + Shield of Want towards the end and that put me up a few extra levels.

Yea, I'm using them too altho I love the shield for the design and stability. Def my fave shield after Dragoncrest. I think once I have more STR I should mess around with the great shields. Wanna be a tank.

Should be level 50, don't plan on leveling up anymore than that. I have no idea how far I am and I don't want to find out. I just beat the boss after dancer and so far so good.

The enemies after dancer all hit like trucks. Made me wanna grind lol

I never pvpd in bloodborne but damn is it fun in ds3. I just killed like 5 hosts. The last one was epic, three against one, I used the giant enemy crab as a shield and more killer phantoms were summoned but they tried to fight me instead of the host and got wrecked by his crew.

In the end I went to a small entrance where there's this crucifix enemy that messed them up bad and I finished one of them up there. The host died last though, he ran and got chased by a crab I caught up to him as he got caught in a horde of pole guys and attacked him.

Edzi

How does switching infusions work? If I want to switch from a heavy infusion to one that lets me scale with strength and dex, will my weapon reset or will it still be +10? I don't want to lose all that progress just to see if it'd be better than my current +10 heavy dark sword.

Timeaisis

Oceiros

I was having a pretty hard time with him trying to dodge everything, but I never got close enough to him and he'd just wreck me with his big long arms and stuff. I equipped a 100% shield and just got right up in his grill. If he stay near him in his first form he's pretty easy that way. Got to watch for
AOE attack
and then phase two just dodge the
ice breath
and everything else just shield right in front. He'll end up behind you and you can wail on his backside. Just watch for the spin attack.

LiK

I'm having more trouble with these rooftop archers in
Irithyll
than I did with any in DaS1 lol

It's impossible to cheese them with poison arrows this time. I tried and it seems they placed them a bit further apart. I ended up just fighting them up close,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom