• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realise how hard the
usurper
ending is to get. I guess I got lucky. The only thing I struggled with to get it is
finding Horace in the Catacombs
but other than that I thought it was pretty straight forward.

champloo

Went to explore Fire Link Shrine after Vordt. Man this place is like a maze and I still am not sure I've visited every corner. I remembered saving an NPC near Undead Settlement but couldn't find him anywhere here lol.

Then I went outside and came across this dude who looked like a mob but hit really hard.. was able to cheese him with my lucerne R1 attack and he dropped the
Uchigatana
. I was pleasantly surprised there is more to expect in the first area.

Question: what do I do with the Way of Blue item? I can't just join the covenant with it can I?

I was having a pretty hard time with him trying to dodge everything, but I never got close enough to him and he'd just wreck me with his big long arms and stuff. I equipped a 100% shield and just got right up in his grill. If he stay near him in his first form he's pretty easy that way. Got to watch for
AOE attack
and then phase two just dodge the
ice breath
and everything else just shield right in front. He'll end up behind you and you can wail on his backside. Just watch for the spin attack.

That fight was the hardest for me hands down, and it was mainly becuz i fought every boss in souls game without a shield. Not to mention Bloodborne reinforced this idea.

The fight was doable thanks to the shield like you mentioned otherwise all of his hits just trucks through you.

LiK

Went to explore Fire Link Shrine after Vordt. Man this place is like a maze and I still am not sure I've visited every corner. I remembered saving an NPC near Undead Settlement but couldn't find him anywhere here lol.

Then I went outside and came across this dude who looked like a mob but hit really hard.. was able to cheese him with my lucerne R1 attack and he dropped the
Uchigatana
. I was pleasantly surprised there is more to expect in the first area.

Question: what do I do with the Way of Blue item? I can't just join the covenant with it can I?

You joined already, you just need to equip it to be technically in it. It's the same method as Bloodborne. You can switch them in and out on the fly.

Vorheez

Go touch the statue where you got the banner from Emma, the woman in robes before Vordt.

Ok, then you need to go back to
The high wall of Lothric, and go back to the room with the old lady Emma (you should have automatically warped their, but if you left the area, go back). Check out the statue behind where she was and the rest will make sense.

Awesome. Thanks guys.

Timeaisis

That fight was the hardest for me hands down, and it was mainly becuz i fought every boss in souls game without a shield. Not to mention Bloodborne reinforced this idea.

The fight was doable thanks to the shield like you mentioned otherwise all of his hits just trucks through you.

Haha, same. I had to like un-learn my dodge habits. It felt weird, but it worked.

LiK

Oh thank you. Didn't notice it could be equipped..

Not gonna lie, I didn't know either until halfway through the game. I was looking for covenant locations and a video happened to teach me the method too. I was oblivious to that slot in the equip menu lol

CHC

Jesus Christ, C
hampion
G
undyr
was a fucking NIGHTMARE. Artorias-level aggression right there, the mothefucker just doesn't. Let. Up!

Great fight but I had to summon. Little ashamed since I've beaten everything else solo but so be it.

Plus I was in a hurry because I was dying to see
dark Firelink
. That whole area was beyond fucking awesome. Even though it was virtually an identical copy I didn't realize just how attached I was to
Firelink and how disturbing it was all dark and abandoned

Where is Siegward!?

I'm at the
Cleansing Chapel
bonfire and I've gone back to see
Unbreakable Patches
at Firelink, but Siegward
isn't in the well outside the chapel!
Do I need to progress further into the area before he shows up?

Where is Siegward!?

I'm at the
Cleansing Chapel
Unbreakable Patches

Might have to beat the boss but I'm not 100%

ramyeon

Where is Siegward!?

I'm at the
Cleansing Chapel
Unbreakable Patches
I needed to open all the doors in the Cathedral (Including the main doors just before the area boss) in order for him to spawn in the well.

Hm...what would you recommend?

Experiment with your current character's respec's first to get a feel of what build you'd like to play as before preceding into NG+. Then do a NG+ run before an entirely new character.

New characters are nice, but NG+ is worth playing through first imo, due to the increased difficulty, being able to see how fast you can get through the game now that you know what's coming, PVP (which is more fun since the extra levels allow for hybrid builds), and other things. You can respec at
Rosaria's bedchamber in the Cathedral of the Deep

Mogwai

Jesus Christ, C
hampion
G
undyr
was a fucking NIGHTMARE. Artorias-level aggression right there, the mothefucker just doesn't. Let. Up!

Great fight but I had to summon. Little ashamed since I've beaten everything else solo but so be it.
To be honest, he's a lot more aggressive than Artorias. Your timing has to be much more tight for CG.

LiK

I screwed up a bunch of NPC quests by playing blind. Gonna def need to play them in NG+ with a guide since I need to do them for the trophies.

TEJ

So I just found something that lets me
join the covenant of the sun

What are the benefits for using such a thing and is it worth it in the long run?

I finally beat the A
byss
W
atchers
. That was a trial and a half. I hated it while I endured through it (despite recognizing that it was a clever battle), but the relief at the end made it all better. However, now Yoel
is dead for some reason. He only let me level up once with him. Lame

I also got a new mask for my thief.
From this...
CFtcV4H.jpg
...to this.
Not quite as stylish as the Penal Mask from DS2 (which I wore with the Throne Watcher armor), but I do like the stats on it.

I'm currently level 19. What stats are you other thieves investing your points into?

fr023T8.jpg

(Maybe I should just keep pumping levels into her Dexterity.)

Sawneeks

Banned
Just beat the
Princes of Lothric,
where do I go from here?

EDIT: Never mind, prompt didn't show up when I ran past one of the thrones lol.

Brohan

Do i tell
Anri
that I found
Horace
after i
killed
him? Before i continue to fight
wolnir

I'm going for the
usurper
Ending.

23qwerty

Man, it sucks that the depth of field is so bad in this game, especially coming from the Division which has probably the best DoF effect I've seen in any game :/

ramyeon

Do i tell
Anri
that I found
Horace
after i
killed
him? Before i continue to fight
wolnir

I'm going for the
usurper
Ending.
It doesn't matter as long as Horace is dead. If you tell Anri now then you get a Ring from him/her but if you don't then you get that ring next to time you meet anyway.

Got my Refined Lothric Knight Sword to +4 and I have 25 DEX / 20 STR and it is awesome! It's making my run through
Farron's Keep
so much easier - especially with my Lothric Knight Shield up to +3 now with 20 END. Blocking every thing for days.

Farron's Keep
actually isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I actually like the area.

Experiment with your current character's respec's first to get a feel of what build you'd like to play as before preceding into NG+. Then do a NG+ run before an entirely new character.

New characters are nice, but NG+ is worth playing through first imo, due to the increased difficulty, being able to see how fast you can get through the game now that you know what's coming, PVP (which is more fun since the extra levels allow for hybrid builds), and other things. You can respec at
Rosaria's bedchamber in the Cathedral of the Deep

Thanks a bunch!

ramyeon

Cool so uh, are the benefits good?
Each Covenant acts differently.

As a sunbro your job is to help people defeat bosses through jolly cooperation. Each time you aid your host to victory you receive a medallion (And an Ember) which you can cash in later in the game for cool stuff.
I summoned cuz if they have extra help, I will do the same. You can't fuck with me game!
I don't like summoning help period myself, but after helping people do Abyss Watchers to grind some souls I feel like it especially trivialises that fight. It was so intense playing it solo and that's just lost when you can repeatedly backstab the guy.

Only 1 of the helpers summoned by the Watcher at any given time helps him directly anyway, the other will actually help you if you don't get in his way.

LiK

I really hate people who out red phantom signs in front of boss doors to try and trick people into summoning them. Thanks for clogging it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom