• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

I've been stuck on the room in that GIF for a fucking hour and a half. I killed ONE of them. The other one kills me and everyone I summoned near instantly. It's the hardest most bullshit fight in any DS game so far, I think. The ability to just one hit kill is crazy.
Not my experience at all. Was hard to fight the first one in that small corner but after that it was easy to take down the second. They only 1 hit me if I got stuck in their grab/bite though.

Definitely wouldn't say it's the hardest or most bullshit fight in any Souls game.

Chorazin

Not my experience at all. Was hard to fight the first one in that small corner but after that it was easy to take down the second. They only 1 hit me if I got stuck in their grab/bite though.

What is your build? I'm Dex and Int. This game is not kind to this build at all.

Dr.Sanchez

Neo Member
No, I'm going purely with dodge tactics against him. I'm at 30 endurance and still running out of stamina trying to dodge his flurries. It's kinda BS that he has crazy high damage output and can seemingly win most endurance wars.

yeah, the dude does crazy damage. I first helped others to learn his attack behavior for myself. That way, you can see what he can do without risking getting wrecked. Then when you face him yourself, you know what to expect.

With that being said, he's still pretty tricky to deal with.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
What is the optimal SL for the Nameless King? At 86 right now and getting smashed in the second phase each time.

Finally beat him at 88. Couldn't do it solo second phase was just too much. FINALLY got a summon to work and was able to bounce his attention back and forth with a partner. Praise the freakin sun.

Can you still put down your sign to assist with a boss you've already beaten?

kagamin

Finally beat him at 88. Couldn't do it solo second phase was just too much. FINALLY got a summon to work and was able to bounce his attention back and forth with a partner. Praise the freakin sun.

Can you still put down your sign to assist with a boss you've already beaten?

Yes

Well I think I just royally screwed myself. Was standing next to the firekeeper to level up... you know where this is going right? Got a phone call, set the controller down, bumped right trigger and 336 damage later the firekeeper is dead as hell.

Turned my xbox off immediately after and now I'm dreading turning it back on. I am at the end of the game pretty much, I've fought the final boss once and feel I can take him down. What level are people going to NG+ with? Im sitting at 88 for the forseeable future.

KingKong

Heres a tip for NK: get in his face. If youre decent at dodging or have a good lightning resist shield and the stamina to block, you can get easy hits or heals in between combos and you avoid a lot of his stronger attacks

You can also stagger and visceral him if you interrupt some of his moves

pixxxelz

Well I think I just royally screwed myself. Was standing next to the firekeeper to level up... you know where this is going right? Got a phone call, set the controller down, bumped right trigger and 336 damage later the firekeeper is dead as hell.

Turned my xbox off immediately after and now I'm dreading turning it back on. I am at the end of the game pretty much, I've fought the final boss once and feel I can take him down. What level are people going to NG+ with? Im sitting at 88 for the forseeable future.
You're good, I did the same thing yesterday and she came back.

Chorazin

Dex build.

Pure Dex would be so much easier I bet. I really thought Magic and Dex weapons would be great but holy fuck I was wrong. I have found miracles out the ass but barely any spells in the wild, the Sorcerer dude hasn't had anything new since I've only found one scroll, and my dude is made of fucking paper.

Dr.Sanchez

Neo Member

I believe she comes back to life. Nothing to worry about.

No, I'm going purely with dodge tactics against him. I'm at 30 endurance and still running out of stamina trying to dodge his flurries. It's kinda BS that he has crazy high damage output and can seemingly win most endurance wars.

Really? His combos are super short. I could only see running out of stamina if you decided to block

Vire

Any suggestions in particular for Broadsword infusions? I have it as Raw and I'm at Aldrich, but I feel like I'm not doing as much damage as I should?

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
This was my fight against
lorian
if it helps anyone.

https://youtu.be/BUyX0HM0o8U

I'm not particularly skilled so anything you see you should be able to replicate, I made pleanty of mistakes. He's tough for sure but he also telegraphs big time.

I try to dodge the most of it but keep a shield up anyway, you'll block some swipes here and there just by luck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You need to be a lot tighter with your stamina usage if you're running out at 30. I was having trouble at around 22, not because I was running out but because sometimes I just mistimed a dodge. You can't just continuously roll until an attack pattern ends. If he swings at you 5 times you should have at most 5-6 rolls.

That area has a lightning stoneplate ring somewhere so make sure you're wearing it and use the Estus ring as well. Try to maximize your lightning/physical resist on your gear while staying under 70% equip load.

HOLY FUCK I DID IT. FUCK YES. I LITERALLY SCREAMED AND PULSED MY MUSCLES.

WTF. FUCK YES.

I JUST CAME EVERYWHERE. HELL YES.

THAT WAS THE MOST INTENSE THING. I HAD NO ESTUS FLASKS LEFT.

Cracklox

I had to use the strongest arrows and my strongest bow, but it worked and I dealt like 5 damage.

Yep. Gave this a few tries last night. Should def be able to get the one on the left out. My +10 Pharis bow, with large arrows did all of 30 damage, but it was enough to get its attention.

I smashed the other encounter with these things, so hopefully it won't take too long

Edit ^ haha. Grats. I've been guilty of going off a bit after finally downing a boss as well. Best feeling in vidyagames I say

MilkBeard

Too many people summoning and not enough putting signs. I had to wait half an hour before finally managing to summon someone.

Try putting your sign, you'll be immediately summoned. It would be nice if everybody tried helping one or two people before or after asking for help. It would alleviate the issue.

Yeah, everytime I put my sign down I am summoned literally within 2 seconds, lol.

DeVeAn

So I understand to go quality build for Claymore. I am having a hell of a time with PVP though. What stats besides str/dex should I focus on?

These fucking
dogs
, man. Chill as fuck.

seLbJwuQsv2Ok.gif

"Really?"

That reminds me, where exactly IS this room and how do I get there?

Ogawa-san

I'm putting signs before NK, I get summoned in 5s :p

The reward for co-op is pretty poor this time around, so I'm doing it mostly to test Dark Sword+10 vs other stuff.

In hindsight I wish I hadn't tried it, no reason to use other weapons right now other than fashion souls or a self-inflicted handicap.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Summoning should void trophies.

Let the help stay for those that need it but let the trophies separate the boys from the men.

Onemic

Just beat A
ldrich
. I died about 5 or so times, but he wasnt that bad at all. Maybe its because Im a pyro and Im getting to the point where my spells wreck everything that moves(vs the beginning of the game where it was simply better to just use my uchigatana), but he went down in about 6-7 hits for me.

Onemic

Been having great fun trolling invaders in
Archdragon Peak.
Waiting at the Belfry Bonfire, using a cracked finger to reset the invasion timer and equipping the "Way Of The Blue" covenant ring. People invade, I wait near the bonfire and about a minute into the fight one or multiple members of the Blue Sentinels or the Darkmoon covenant spawn in to wreck their shit. Meanwhile I'm zipping around and chasing them with my +10 Estoc. (Which is crazy powerful by the way. 350DMG a hit with 40 DEX)

It's hilarious watching a benny hill-esque chase happen around the map. Even funnier when mad phantoms also have to contend with the mobs aggroing as well.

Wow.

Woooooooooooooow.

The feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels.

I beat the P
ontiff
and start geeking out as I come out of the back of the boss area and recognize where the hell I am.

I got to Gwyn's tomb and hit the wall to reveal the illusion which made me giddy and then ran down to find the Loran guy dead with Camouflage on him...curious...then go further in and find a body with the Brass Knight Set which I IMMEDIATELY EQUIP and walk further and see fucking Anri of Astora laid out in front of Gwyn's Tomb with his helmet off, a sheet over his face and a sword through his head.

Man. That shook me. I obviously didn't do a quest right, but the quest being done wrong has made me SO CURIOUS about everything surrounding this event. There has to be some sort of interaction with
Anri and maybe the Loran guy I ignored before he died in Firelink. And what does he have to do with Gwyn?
Holy crap, this is the exact opposite of the sidequests being esoteric and making me angry I didn't know the secret specific way to finish them. This has only made me super more curious as to what to do next time. I need to know!

Also, is being an asshole and joining the
Aldrich Faithful
Covenant as fun as it sounds/worth going into the Hell Well to get?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm debating getting this for PC but I would like to be able to switch the trigger and bumpers on my XB1 controller. I was able to do this with DS2 using Durazno; does anyone know if it's possible to do this for DS3? I've read online that people are having trouble using xinput wrappers with this game for some reason.

Dresden

occurred to me that after about 40 sunbro sessions I've seen exactly one sorceror, lol

guy died like 4/5 of the way into the last boss, poor soul

ramyeon

Wow.

Woooooooooooooow.

The feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels.

I beat the P
ontiff
and start geeking out as I come out of the back of the boss area and recognize where the hell I am.

I got to Gwyn's tomb and hit the wall to reveal the illusion which made me giddy and then ran down to find the Loran guy dead with Camouflage on him...curious...then go further in and find a body with the Brass Knight Set which I IMMEDIATELY EQUIP and walk further and see fucking Anri of Astora laid out in front of Gwyn's Tomb with his helmet off, a sheet over his face and a sword through his head.

Man. That shook me. I obviously didn't do a quest right, but the quest being done wrong has made me SO CURIOUS about everything surrounding this event. There has to be some sort of interaction with
Anri and maybe the Loran guy I ignored before he died in Firelink. And what does he have to do with Gwyn?
Holy crap, this is the exact opposite of the sidequests being esoteric and making me angry I didn't know the secret specific way to finish them. This has only made me super more curious as to what to do next time. I need to know!
http://i.imgur.com/ZCSwLVO.jpg

This note there made me laugh.

I did that specific quest through to that encounter, one of the highlights of the game as far as NPCs are concerned so far for me. Interested to see if it goes anywhere from here.

Sephzilla

Playing a perfect fucking fight against Nameless King and then he does a 5 move combo that catches me on the 4th move and then that plus the 5th hit kill me. Seriously fuck this boss.

saturnine

Summoning should void trophies.

Let the help stay for those that need it but let the trophies separate the boys from the men.

I concur. How daring of these plebeians to wear these ultimate badges of valor, when they resort to means so uncouth to procure them. Frauds amongst giants that ought to be exposed. What a revolting state of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom