• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some random thoughts…After finding the
(real?) Firelink Shrine
– which was so sad and scary at the same time – and exploring Lothric castle I think the end times are near, right? The world seems to be going down. Praise the s
olar eclipse

I’m 53 hours in on this first playthrough. I had an epic and awesome fight against
Dragonslayer Armor
and a duell with the mad
consumed king
. He was kind of pathetic but I really liked the atmosphere. The music ramps up even more in the late game…it’s incredible.
I also wrote a message in front of that place where you have to do a certain thing to get to Archdragon Peak. How has anyone figured that out? I see how you make the connection but I had to look it up, sadly and there wasn't any message to be seen :D The area itself is crazy! The second boss even more…I’m not sure when I’m going to beat him but he certainly is another highlight of the game.
Then there’s
the archives
. Anyone who wants more Bloodborne will get it here :D
Man, how can I play anything else after this? It might become my favourite game of all time when all is said and done :O I think I can finally enter the lore-thread now.

Zocano

I have changed my opinion on Great Corvian Scythe. It is amazing.

The great scythes feel like they are/were in the same position as the greatswords and didn't have enough damage to stand out from the faster dex weapons. Especially with their sweet spots being awkward up close.

This game is so good. The boss I've had the most trouble with was
Crystal Sage
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
scared the crap out of me, but in retrospect was really easy.

I just finished with Part 2 of the series where I show every death of my playthrough. The Many Deaths of Dark Souls 3 - Part 2 If you guys have any feedback, positive or negitive, i'd love to hear it.

Some random thoughts…After finding the
(real?) Firelink Shrine
– which was so sad and scary at the same time – and exploring Lothric castle I think the end times are near, right? The world seems to be going down. Praise the s
olar eclipse

I’m 53 hours in on this first playthrough. I had an epic and awesome fight against
Dragonslayer Armor
and a duell with the mad
consumed king
. He was kind of pathetic but I really liked the atmosphere. The music ramps up even more in the late game…it’s incredible.
I also wrote a message in front of that place where you have to do a certain thing to get to Archdragon Peak. How has anyone figured that out? I see how you make the connection but I had to look it up, sadly and there wasn't any message to be seen :D The area itself is crazy! The second boss even more…I’m not sure when I’m going to beat him but he certainly is another highlight of the game.
Then there’s
the archives
. Anyone who wants more Bloodborne will get it here :D
Man, how can I play anything else after this? It might become my favourite game of all time when all is said and done :O I think I can finally enter the lore-thread now.

Dragonslayer Armor
was a fun duel. Definitely one of my favorite fights in the game and yeah
Consumed King
is probably the easiest boss.

I was just wondering why you are hoarding the souls collected, or if, you are doing a limited lvl run. The game lets you respec later on so don't need to worry about putting points in the wrong stats.
I just can't help buying any new equipment, spells, etc. that I happen upon. It's a sickness.

What happened?

I remember on my first run, there were a billion and one summon signs in the double-miniboss room for
Aldrich Faithful

Now, on this character, at the same level range, NIL.

I take it I'm going to be restricted to my Quality Build character for AFing for the rest of DS3's existence? AKA, the character that won't benefit one bit.

phierce

Which / where are they?
I ninja edited because I failed to read your "not leveling str" comment, but yeah, it could easily take you through the game since its 100% physical out of the gate. If you want to level str to 18,
shield of want from smoldering lake is better and yields more souls per kill

daninthemix

I ninja edited because I didn't read your "not leveling str" comment, but yeah, it could easily take you through the game since its 100% physical out of the gate. If you want to level str to 18,
shield of want from smoldering lake is better and yields more souls per kill

Yeah I was looking at that, but I have the base 13 STR so 5 levels is a big ask just for a shield.

Ferr986

Dragonslayer Armor
was a fun duel. Definitely one of my favorite fights in the game and yeah
Consumed King
is probably the easiest boss.

Yea I don't know whats the deal with
Consumed King.
2nd phase he went all agressive but keep missing me. Like almost every of his attacks missed me. I wonder if it's done by purpose or just bad boss.

Banzai

questions about the
Usurpation of Fire
ending:
I need 8 dark sigils to trigger the ending after soul of cinder, right? can i kill yuria as soon as i married anri and get the sigils? or do i HAVE to summon her for soul of cinder?

sappyday

Man I love my character's look.

CgeGhIXXIAAhI0X.jpg:large

Sort of glad that the armor doesn't matter much since I can now rock whatever I want as long it's below 70%.

phierce

I could put those 5 into END instead and it would probably make up for the stability difference. END is life in this game.
Absolutely. If you don't plan on going str at all, I definitely wouldn't do it just for a shield. You'll me fine for the bosses a shield is viable for.

Soodanim

Got through the first
Irythill (SP?)
boss last night. At first I was feeling badass because I was running round using the Uchi parry, which is extremely satisfying, and there was a hint saying try parrying. So I did. Got wrecked. Eventually used a classic lock, dodge and strafe strategy and it wasn't that difficult. Once I got past the initial reaction to the half way change it just made the fight more fun.

Dude opens with a throwback to Gwyn and and holds what looks a bit like a Darkmoon blade, I'm interested to finish the game so I can read and talk about it some more.

myco666

questions about the
Usurpation of Fire
ending:
I need 8 dark sigils to trigger the ending after soul of cinder, right? can i kill yuria as soon as i married anri and get the sigils? or do i HAVE to summon her for soul of cinder?

I am currently working on the ending but as far as I know you shouldn't kill Yuria at any point if you want that ending. You get 5 from Yoel and 3 from the ceremony so if you have done both of those you should be fine.

Beat the AWs last night. Can anyone tell me roughly how far I'm in to the game?

I don't want it to end.

About 1/3 in.

fozzy

I am currently working on the ending but as far as I know you shouldn't kill Yuria at any point if you want that ending. You get 5 from Yoel and 3 from the ceremony so if you have done both of those you should be fine.

About 1/3 in.

Thanks.

ZangBa

I was playing on my second character and noticed the Bonewheel Shield is actually a legitmately good shield now. Nice stats on everything, I wonder how effective the weapon art is.

No volunteers?

If I go upstairs and kill
Aldrich
I can kiss summon signs in this basement goodbye forever for the rest of this NG cycle, and thus no joining this covenant.

I have a screenshot of there being so many summon signs you couldn't make out the floor of this room from a mere four days ago. Where'd all the good will go?

SeanTSC

Kinda pissed right now. I managed to get ONE of the Blue Sent covenant items in about 3 hours of farming. ONE. And that's with a decent amount of Item Discovery (357). Oh, and not a *single* summon the whole time. Shit refuses to drop in PvE and I can't get summoned to get them in PVP.

Shit is fucking broken. People who have platinum'd this must be absurdly lucky.

I missed a few items in S
mouldering Lake
, anything important?

The two in the lava pool, and one behind a brick wall I'd need to
reactivate the ballista to blow up

Rottmer

Neo Member
How much endurance should one have? Originally it was meeting the soft cap at 40, but many people say 20 is enough unless you are using heavy weapons like the Ultre Greatsword. And I never really noticed much difference going from 20 to 30 END using the Zweihander. What do you guys think?

Man

spoiler from the first lord of cinder

Artorias sword is fucking amazing :') it's weapon arts is soooooo good
Pump your Str and Dex, and put your Titanite Scales into it, and that wonderful thing will take you places. It certainly did for me. I never got tired of the spinning.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I love the design of the C
athedral
area, the throwbacks to DS1, the enemies, the intensity of working my way through it and finally getting to the sweet, sweet shortcuts. The enemies are also really cool
the suicide bombers are stuff of night mares
. Everything about it is just really satisfying. Best Souls experience since Anor Londo imho.

I also had the most intense invasion fight ever last night, took us probably half an hour, we were both down to a little nub of HP before I finally brought the asshole down. Invasions really suck when they hit you at a bad time (low on estus after exploring a huuuge area), but man it feels good to win the duels :p My pulse was probably in the 180s at the end, lol

Leezard

Kinda pissed right now. I managed to get ONE of the Blue Sent covenant items in about 3 hours of farming. ONE. And that's with a decent amount of Item Discovery (357). Oh, and not a *single* summon the whole time. Shit refuses to drop in PvE and I can't get summoned to get them in PVP.

Isn't the easiest way to go Darkmoon and get invaded by Aldrich Faithfuls? I think the wiki said you would get one of the covenant items by killing an Aldrich Faithful.

Guys... I'm at (late game zone spoiler)
Archdragon Peak
, and let me tell you, it is the most magic unfriendly zone yet.
Those little bastard dragon guys are impossible to hit with great heavy soul arrow.

Zocano

Isn't the easiest way to go Darkmoon and get invaded by Aldrich Faithfuls?

You only get the proofs if you get summoned, not from killing AFs as the host.

Yah I think I ended up getting luckier as time went on. It wasn't fast by any means, probably 6-7 hours of just consistent farming of the 3 knights, but it was something like 2-3 an hour. I got like 5 or 6 from actual Blue Man Grouping.

myco666

No volunteers?

Aldrich
I can kiss summon signs in this basement goodbye forever for the rest of this NG cycle, and thus no joining this covenant.

I have a screenshot of there being so many summon signs you couldn't make out the floor of this room from a mere four days ago. Where'd all the good will go?

You can join to AF even after killing that boss. And if you just want to join just run to the covenant leader. No need to kill the monsters.

The droprate of those is super low. Where are you farming them? I got almost all of them in 6-9 hours with 400 Item Discovery.

So after I finish this INT run, I'm going to make a brand new guy and never bother with spells again.

What are you guys having the most fun with build wise?

No volunteers?

Aldrich

What system? I can get on to help out if you are on ps4

Zocano

So after I finish this INT run, I'm going to make a brand new guy and never bother with spells again.

What are you guys having the most fun with build wise?

UGS super STR man is still my favorite. The pure dual wield weapons seem really underpowered so, while cool, they just feel like you're fighting with spoons. Everything else sort of feels too samey to me (a lot of dex weapons just mesh with the straight swords to me).

ISee

The screams, while picking up certain items, in
Irithyll Dungeon
really freaked me out several times. Also the amount of mimics in there is insane, I'm now more paranoid about them then ever before.
Overall a very good designed location/level, made me feel uneasy/uncomfortable all the time.
But to be honest I don't enjoy the following area (
Profand Capital
). This whole deep water + some sort of poison thing has to stop. It's not even difficult just cumbersome and it's getting really, really old. Been there and done that kind of stuff in every 'From soulsblood game'... it's boring.

SeanTSC

The droprate of those is super low. Where are you farming them? I got almost all of them in 6-9 hours with 400 Item Discovery.

The three silver knights. Getting one in 3 hours has really soured me on the game. I think I'm just going to quit until they patch this bullshit like they did in the previous games. Seems like they always start out with a ridiculously low drop rate and then fix it later.

It's just not fun anymore.

Ugh, I'm totally stuck. I "made peace" with the spear guy (hopefully that's vague enough to not require spoilers) but I'm not sure what good that did. I had already gotten by the area he watches over by just running. I thought he would open up a new path or something, but it doesn't seem like he has. The boss near him where you
fight that fire demon with help from the DS1 cameo guy
was cool, but I guess that fight and the small area around it are optional?

The only other place I can think to go is down the elevator in the spear guy's tower, but
there enemy down there that's like a mini version of Vodt (sp?) slaughtered me last time, and when I went back to the tower I thought "Oh, OK, you're supposed to die there so that you come back and the elevator is positioned to take you up. There's probably some item or something down there I'll be able to get later."
But now that's the only place I can think of to go.

The sorcerer guy was interesting,
when he went back to the Shrine and gave me the "Unleash hidden potential" option or whatever it was I almost didn't do it. I went back and forth wondering whether the game would screw me over somehow later for accepting cheap level-ups, but I guess you only get the one. Pretty nice bonus, especially since it gives you a reward for finding him even if you're not using magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom