• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roussow

The (late game optional area boss) A
ncient
W
yvern
must have thrown itself off a cliff for me, I was making my around the back of the arena, and then all of a sudden, victory. Huh.

Mana Sin

Do NPC invasions still occur after killing a boss, or do you miss out until NG+?

Also, after beating the game do you immediately start NG+, or is it like DS2 where you can choose when you go?

ogbg

I'm a bit unhappy that my go to weapon isn't available till late game ( Black Knight Glaive/Halberd). Just finished Abbyss Walker nd I'm still using a base Iriythrll sword. Anything else I should give a go at?

If you like halberds there's a normal one in undead settlement

Solo-ed
Champion Gundyr
and
Nameless King
omg so intense!

Any other boss as hard as those two? I'm heading for the last lord cinder.
Those two along with
Dancer
and
Pontiff
are probably the toughest boss fights in the game.

I'm at work so I can't send any pics but I'll message you some sliders tonight if I can. I don't know what you mean by "proper blonde" but I found pretty much every shade with something like this

R --------------------------------------
G ------------------------------
B -----------------------

Tweak with those bars a bit and I'm 99% sure you'll find somethign you like.

Honestly, that setting is basically "brunette" in a nutshell, not blonde. I actually got the closest to blonde by turning down the blue to 0. My current 'blonde' setting is max red and 195 green, but it's still a lot closer to being an awkward mixture of brown and green.

Is there anyway to save
Greirat from dying if you sent him to loot hunting into the Lothric castle? I even went as far as killing Patches when he asked me about his whereabouts, but his body was still found on the Grand Archives rooftops
:(

Onemic

Pyro in the mid/late game is powerful as fuck. Silver knights go down in 2 hits. Bosses like
Aldrich
go down in 5. Thank you based
Old Demon King
for your amazing pyro spell

Jintor

Damn, that D
ragonslayer
was the best boss fight in ages, perfectly suited to my kind of playstyle. I could tell I just needed to git gud

LiK

Pyro in the mid/late game is powerful as fuck. Silver knights go down in 2 hits. Bosses like
Aldrich
Old Demon King

Aw snap, I haven't spoken to the transposition guy in a while so I'll need to grab that. What's the stat req to use that spell?

Impulsor

PVP meta is 120-125 for now if I recall. I'm staying at 125 myself in new game + which by the way makes the game trivial.

Like pump some stamina, vig and a good shield. Most boss become ez pz

I'm at 121 right now,

VIG/END at 32
DEX/STR at 40
VIT at 25
Rest at 10

Will pump two more points to VIG and END and stay there then.

Arjen

Late game boss.
Fuck the camera in that nameless king fight, holy shit, all kinds of fucking annoying

eot

Banned
Because they're not PVP trophies and there are no PVP trophies? You have to collect covenant bullshit to get the Collect All Spells and Collect All Rings Trophies. I wish they weren't a part of it. They shouldn't have made any spells or rings part of the Collect 30 rewards. Completely fucks trying to Platinum it with how god awful the drop rates are.

Why is it so important to get a virtual trophy for doing something you hate? If you don't want to grind for shit then don't. You make it sound like they're forcing you to do it when in fact it's a completely optional and arbitrary task.

MrHoot

I'm at 121 right now,

VIG/END at 32
DEX/STR at 40
VIT at 25
Rest at 10

Will pump two more points to VIG and END and stay there then.

Hah, we have about the same build (I hate 30 in VIG/END but for some reason decided to go up to 15 int, i dunno why)

Still, best build to just be all around good in melee and just eat through pve in ng+.

Then go have fun at the exit of
Pontiff's
house

Do NPC invasions still occur after killing a boss, or do you miss out until NG+?

Also, after beating the game do you immediately start NG+, or is it like DS2 where you can choose when you go?
That's what I want to know. Alva won't show up for me. Total bummer because I wanted that set. Seems like it's true.

Footos22

After taking down the A
byss
w
atchers
so easily last night, made me wonder if I am over levelled. I don't think I am as I spend all my souls on spells and stuff to get that out the way. So NG plus is less of a hassle for all that shit.

I am level 41, is that about right for
the catacombs
?

Moff

Aldrich
Old Demon King

I honestly prefer the great chaos fire orb, I feel it hits better and the lava tick stuns a little bit

but I agree that pyro makes the PVE in this game very easy and even some bosses like
pontiff, dragon armor and the 2 princes
, most bosses are a lot harder though.
it straight up sucks in PVP, though and in FROM games playing a caster always feels like you are cheesing the game.

I still enjoy it a lot, as a matter of fact I never felt so comfortable with my character in any FROM game like with my pyro in DS3, I use the chaos dark sword +10 for trash enemies, before that the fire uchigata

sora87

Even without auto-lock, the dragon is directly above your head a lot of the time. You can't watch for its tells because you can't fucking see it.

Exactly, it's totally bullshit.
Thinking of just leaving it and finishing the game because I can't see a way I'm going to beat it without knowing when and where to dodge.

Impulsor

Hah, we have about the same build (I hate 30 in VIG/END but for some reason decided to go up to 15 int, i dunno why)

Still, best build to just be all around good in melee and just eat through pve in ng+.

Then go have fun at the exit of
Pontiff's
house

Pretty much.

I'm currently wearing
alva
armor set +
dark
sword+ long sword +
dragonrider
bow

And pyro flame (
Carthus flame arc
) +
silver knight
shield + torch

I sometimes take that armor set off and use:

northern helm + drang set
and
dark sword + cathedral knight greatsword

Is poise noticeable in this game?

Kusagari

Is that where you get the drops? I assume we need good item discovery for it as well?

Yeah, they're the only ones that drop it. I already grinded Aldrich and the Wolf covenants this way and I'm having by far the worst luck with this one in terms of drop rates for the items.

Onemic

I honestly prefer the great chaos fire orb, I feel it hits better and the lava tick stuns a little bit

but I agree that pyro makes the PVE in this game very easy and even some bosses like
pontiff, dragon armor and the 2 princes
, most bosses are a lot harder though.
it sucks in PVP, though and in FROM games playing a caster always feels like you are cheesing the game.

I still enjoy it a lot, as a matter of fact I never felt so comfortable with my character in any FROM game like with my pyro in DS3, I use the chaos dark sword +10 for trash enemies, before that the fire uchigata

Oh, I dont have that spell. How do you get it? I have a
Grave Warden Tome
, but my current pyro teacher wont accept it

And ya,
Pontiff
is an absolute joke with a pyro. I tihnk I died to him maybe 3 times, but only because I overextended myself with my orb spam.

Impulsor

I'm not using that, still all kinds of fucking shit

Even without auto-lock, the dragon is directly above your head a lot of the time. You can't watch for its tells because you can't fucking see it.

I really had not that much of a problem with it, I'd just alternate auto lock on/off to manage dodging its attacks.

Can't you ask for help or do you want to beat it by yourselves?

The Lamp

I just found a distant memory where Dark Souls 2 had enemies go away forever after a few kills.

What the fuck were they thinking?

It's so much better this way again.

Auctopus

Honestly, that setting is basically "brunette" in a nutshell, not blonde. I actually got the closest to blonde by turning down the blue to 0. My current 'blonde' setting is max red and 195 green, but it's still a lot closer to being an awkward mixture of brown and green.

Ok, I'll send you a few sliders tonight of shades I found.

The Lamp

bith int and fth
you should not play a sorceror unless you respec later, in the first playthrough pyro is a lot stronger

I did sorcerer and I'm at Irythll now. It was a long, perilous journey, full of slow-ass soul arrows, but the true Dark Souls begins here.

GavinGT

Banned
I really had not that much of a problem with it, I'd just alternate auto lock on/off to manage dodging its attacks.

I tried summoning. First, it would take like 20 minutes to connect to a couple people. The chances of victory are so low that there just aren't many people willing to help (plus it's a hidden area). Then they'd end up dying right away. I just gave up.

wheeplash

Does anyone know how can I force a 30fps lock on my PC? I kinda want to play at higher settings (currently have everything at low for 50+fps) without the framerate dropping around everywhere.

LiK

I just found a distant memory where Dark Souls 2 had enemies go away forever after a few kills.

well, you had the ability to respawn them but make them harder without entering NG+. I sorta liked it cuz the amount of mobs was pretty insane in some areas and after clearing them out, it made exploration much better. This is better without that cuz the enemy placement is much better than DkS2. They relied too much on mobs. infinite respawns def makes it better for farming purposes.

Vire

Re-posting this since I didn't get an answer earlier, maybe someone can help?

Any suggestions in particular for Broadsword infusions? I have it as Raw and I'm at Aldrich, but I feel like I'm not doing as much damage as I should?

GulAtiCa

Pyro Flame +4 & all 3 Pyro increase rings & faster spells ring & Pyro spell C
haos Bed Vestiges
= me having lots of fun in C
athedral of the Deep
invading others to get more tongues. Most cases I 2-shot people.

I do hjave weaken health due to the Clutch ring + usually 1v2 or 1v3 so I do die half the time. But so much fun. But if you have a fat troll, you are dead.

My last invasion last night was something special. The host REALLY did not want to fight me. Ran all over the place. Eventually ran all the way downstairs outside to the absolute bottom. Went in a complete circle around the building. All during this time a Blue showed up. Because we were running all around, the Blue had no idea where to go. Somehow he died, thanks for the special 2 tongue item! Eventually chased the host to the main bonfire and killed him. I got my workout in. lol

Impulsor

Does anyone know how can I force a 30fps lock on my PC? I kinda want to play at higher settings (currently have everything at low for 50+fps) without the framerate dropping around everywhere.

You should download riva tuner, with that app you can lock FPS of anygame independently.

Arjen

Tried summoning, most of them die during the first phase leaving me dealing with second phase buffed, annoying thing is that I already beat it as a summon.

Kaibutsu

heh, i may be one of the few people that actually preferred the enemies disappearing after killing them 15 or how many ever times. It gave me a sense of accomplishment when running through a completely empty area :) Also if I wanted the enemies to come back I would just burn a Bonfire Ascetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom