• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
bith int and fth
you should not play a sorceror unless you respec later, in the first playthrough pyro is a lot stronger

I'm aware that magic is uber shit in DS3 but I already have pure STR and DEX builds. I want to change a bit. Since Pyro benefits from both INT and FTH, I will change to it if I have troubles with bosses

Neku054

Neo Member
Been hollow nearly the entire game. You can't get summoned while in soul form?
You can get summoned by others and covenants when you aren't embered or as others call it "hollowed". What you can't do if you aren't embered is summon others into your world, you must be embered to summon other players for help or pvp duels.

GavinGT

Banned
Re-posting this since I didn't get an answer earlier, maybe someone can help?

Any suggestions in particular for Broadsword infusions? I have it as Raw and I'm at Aldrich, but I feel like I'm not doing as much damage as I should?

IMO, Raw infusion is a great choice early in the game. But as you progress, you'll probably want to dump enough souls into whatever stat your weapon scales with (usually Str or Dex) that this will soon eclipse the Raw infusion stat increase.

Tactics18

Anyone up for a trade? Looking for Untrue Dark & White rings and Morion Blade.
I can offer any +1 rings and a lot of Wolfblood Swordgrass.

Vire

IMO, Raw infusion is a great choice early in the game. But as you progress, you'll probably want to dump enough souls into whatever stat your weapon scales with (usually Str or Dex) that this will soon eclipse the Raw infusion stat increase.

Thank you, that helps me understand it a little better.

Is there a way I can tell the difference what I would get from DEX/STR scaling versus the Raw bonus?

brainslug

So NG+ finished.. and it was super easy. There was barely any challenge, most of the bosses I downed on my first try (even those I had massive trouble on NG, like
Aldrich, Dragonslayer Armour and the final boss
). I was lvl 125 at the end, and mainly leveled up VIG, STR and END. Well, I got the
Usurpation of Fire
ending, which is nice.

Will probably not jump to NG++, instead I'm thinking on making a new character, perhaps pyro/dex build this time. But first, I need a little break from Souls..

mstevens

Hmm I would have to find someone else near my level then that would hopefully want to do it. I'm currently only level 42 so I might be lower level than most. Wonder what the best forum to ask around for help with covenants like this would be haha

hey I'll do that with you if you're willing to wait till after work today. I need those mound maker items as well. We can probably just password match.

GavinGT

Banned
Thank you, that helps me understand it a little better.

Is there a way I can tell the difference what I would get from DEX/STR scaling versus the Raw bonus?

It's gonna depend on a few things, but I think for me once I hit 20 or 25 Strength I found it beneficial to switch from Raw to another infusion.

I just realized the reason I might have been having so many issues with certain areas or bosses was because I was severely underleveled for like...most of the game. For whatever reason I just kept getting through places without too much leveling and somehow, for example, fought Abyss Watchers at like...SL 34? Or something like that. Got to I
rithyll
at SL 43 maybe. I forget the exact numbers but I watched a couple people last night and saw them doing I
rithyll
at 50 and was like "A whoops"

I keep seeing people reference a "Quality Build", what does that mean?
The phrase comes from an upgrade path in Demon's Souls where it would level out a weapons scaling in both DEX and STR. The phrasing has stuck ever since even though there's no "quality" path in any game since, Refined does the same in DS3. Good for weapons that scale with both DEX and STR and if you are leveling both stats up on your character.

GavinGT

Banned
People getting summoned for
nameless king
and just not attacking, what's the point?

You've gotta keep your distance during dragon form or you'll lose crucial Estus due to surprise fire attacks. The character doing the summoning is really the only one that has enough Estus to eat those attacks and stay in close enough to attack at every opportunity.

When I was being summoned, I might only get in a few attacks on the dragon, but at least I'd have like 5-6 flasks left over for the second form.

So NG+ finished.. and it was super easy. There was barely any challenge, most of the bosses I downed on my first try (even those I had massive trouble on NG, like
Aldrich, Dragonslayer Armour and the final boss
). I was lvl 125 at the end, and mainly leveled up VIG, STR and END. Well, I got the
Usurpation of Fire
ending, which is nice.

Will probably not jump to NG++, instead I'm thinking on making a new character, perhaps pyro/dex build this time. But first, I need a little break from Souls..

Yeah... It sounds like it... I'm 40 hours in and havnt beaten pontiff yet where the fuck did you find the time to beat ng+ since the game came out. You didn't even die to pontiff?

Do you have a job?

Just generally curious not trolling. I just don't have that kind of time I'm lucky I've put in the hours I have

LiK

Yep. And there's an option to set a password for summoning so it's no problem at all.
yea, the BB password system was a godsend for playing with Gaffers. I keep forgetting we can do that. Haven't seen much of people here asking to be summoned like in BB OT tho. Less newbies, I suppose.

ISee

Dancer

I need a break... like seriously. I wanted to end the fight, got greedy and as always Dark Souls slapped me across the face.

dancer_fu7ta2p.jpg

sora87

You've gotta keep your distance during dragon form or you'll lose crucial Estus due to surprise fire attacks. The character doing the summoning is really the only one that has enough Estus to eat those attacks and stay in close enough to attack at every opportunity.

When I was being summoned, I might only get in a few attacks on the dragon, but at least I'd have like 5-6 flasks left over for the second form.

Even in the second phase they weren't doing shit, waste of summoning

Neoweee

Yeah... It sounds like it... I'm 40 hours in and havnt beaten ****** yet where the fuck did you find the time to beat ng+ since the game came out. You didn't even die to pontiff?

Do you have a job?

Just generally curious not trolling. I just don't have that kind of time I'm lucky I've put in the hours I have

The game isn't that long, it isn't that hard, and NG+ only takes like 4 or 5 hours because exploration is kind of redundant. Plenty of people have beaten NG in the low-20s in terms of hours.

After finishing the game last night I got so cold on it so fast. It's wierd how quick that happened. It might be the best souls game, but it also strangely feels the safest. And it's by far the easiest. At least to me. I beat every boss and soloed most of them after a couple tries. There are two or 3 really awesome ones for sure, but there are still bosses in ds1 and ds2 I can't beat. I steamrolled most of these guys.

Maybe it's just this hangover, and I do plan to go through ng+, but today I'm a little let down that it's over and doesn't feel like a ton of hidden interesting or difficult things I missed.

Styles

omg, I finally found the last estus shard(along with a titanite slab drop :D). I went their once but apparently I didn't explore the area thoroughly enough. I hate myself. But it feels so goood.

LiK

The game isn't that long, it isn't that hard, and NG+ only takes like 4 or 5 hours. Plenty of people have beaten NG in the low-20s in terms of hours.

Have to admit that knowing the formula makes the game easier to get through. Not to mention they consolidated the merchants/ blacksmiths into one area unlike previous Dark games where you had to visit them in their own areas which was a pain in the ass. Everything is made more accessible and Souls vets can get through this game quickly. I'm actually holding off from finishing the game and trying to do as much side content as possible.

At 400 Item Discovery it took me 300-400 tries to get 30 of them. Pretty much Pure Bladestone all over again.
Fucking shit, I gave up on Demon's plat because of that. Hope they patch the drop rates for covenant items in PVE.

OK. I never summon or look at guides for my first play through of Souls, but I am perplexed at what I should be doing now.

I've just beaten
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
and I'm now running around in circles trying to find something else to do. I just can't see where I'm supposed to go next.

Any tips, please?

The phrase comes from an upgrade path in Demon's Souls where it would level out a weapons scaling in both DEX and STR. The phrasing has stuck ever since even though there's no "quality" path in any game since, Refined does the same in DS3. Good for weapons that scale with both DEX and STR and if you are leveling both stats up on your character.

Refined Long Sword or Lothric Knight Sword is where its at if you're going for Quality =)

GulAtiCa

Never had any luck so far with the Blue covenant. Never once been summoned. Yet, I see blues when I invade. :/

Wish I kept my max weapon to +2 so I could try helping out earlier players. My max weapon is a +4, and slightly afraid to raise it. lol. But, with where I am in the game, prob about time to go to +5. At least after I'm done invading in the C
athedral of the Deep

KingKong

I feel like people who have tons of trouble with NK are just not adjusting their strategy at all. Think about what kind of resistances you need, think about which attacks give you trouble and which don't.

The second phase is significantly slower than a lot of other bosses, he just does more damage, so think about how to deal with that

Jellie

OK. I never summon or look at guides for my first play through of Souls, but I am perplexed at what I should be doing now.

I've just beaten
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
and I'm now running around in circles trying to find something else to do. I just can't see where I'm supposed to go next.

Any tips, please?
Hint
Look around Irithyll for another path.
Bigger Hint
Start from the Distant Manor bonfire and find Irithyll Dungeon.

Alright, much easier this time around. Beat both N
ameless
K
ing
and C
hampion
G
undyr
on the second try with this new character.

Second because I inexplicably choked the first time on both with a few hits left because I couldn't believe I was about to one shot them.

I feel like people who have tons of trouble with NK are just not adjusting their strategy at all. Think about what kind of resistances you need, think about which attacks give you trouble and which don't.

The second phase is significantly slower than a lot of other bosses, he just does more damage, so think about how to deal with that

what if i can't think when i'm playing dark souls 3

i'm just so hollow inside

Richgard

Neo Member
I just realized the reason I might have been having so many issues with certain areas or bosses was because I was severely underleveled for like...most of the game. For whatever reason I just kept getting through places without too much leveling and somehow, for example, fought Abyss Watchers at like...SL 34? Or something like that. Got to I
rithyll
at SL 43 maybe. I forget the exact numbers but I watched a couple people last night and saw them doing I
rithyll
at 50 and was like "A whoops"
This is me in a nut shell Fought
Abyss Watchers
at SL 30 so there is that

ys45

I made really good progress yesterday I now have a Long Sword + 4 and 8 estus flask charges and found the
Chloranthy
ring.
Almost cleared the swamp area (including the boss) I still need to face that
Dark Knight
though lol .

So I have been wondering which area should be tackled first ,
Faron keep
or
Cathedral of the deep
?

In order of difficulty please :p

what-ok

I keep seeing messages on the bridge to the frigid valley that say, "item required". Not sure if its a troll or not. Any hints? (-;

I made really good progress yesterday I now have a Long Sword + 4 and 8 estus flask charges and found the
Chloranthy
ring.
Almost cleared the swamp area (including the boss) I still need to face that
Dark Knight
though lol .

So I have been wondering which area should be tackled first ,
Faron keep
or
Cathedral of the deep
?

In order of difficulty please :p

Defeniately
Cathedral of the deep
then
Farron Keep

Styles

lol at this twin axe that I just got from a drop. The r2 special lets you continuously spin until all of your FP and/or stamina is depleted.

LiK

I keep seeing messages on the bridge to the frigid valley that say, "item required". Not sure if its a troll or not. Any hints? (-;

Yes, you need item. I learned that the hard way. Did you fully explore C
ruxificition Woods
?

It does require an item
the doll you get from the cathedral of the deep
. Without it you can't get passed the shimmering screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom