• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

I finally got through the Cathedral. Not a fan of that area. Too many nonsensical paths and boring bosses.

Now I'm in Skeleton town. Holy hell, where is the bonfire? I think it's a straightforward path but it's a long ways without a single one. I hate those damn curved sword wielding bones, you never can just fight them 1v1, there's always a catch.

Also do you cut off the Darkmoon quest if you join Rosaria's Fingers?

Yeah I did all that. Ive pretty much scoured that entire area top to bottom and was left scratching my head. There has to be more to this, right?
Did you go underground? There is a way to get beneath the lava into some catacombs by standing on the tiles area and letting the ballista shoot at you there

LiK

I finally got through the Cathedral. Not a fan of that area. Too many nonsensical paths and boring bosses.

Now I'm in Skeleton town. Holy hell, where is the bonfire? I think it's a straightforward path but it's a long ways without a single one. I hate those damn curved sword wielding bones, you never can just fight them 1v1, there's always a catch.

Also do you cut off the Darkmoon quest if you join Rosaria's Fingers?
hah, there's one area after that where you won't see a bonfire for a while and it's full of enemies.

The feels when you've explored and completed the Smouldering Lake.......*banderas*

Seriously, fuck that place.
Knight Slayer Tsorig
can go suck a bag of dicks, too! I literally gave my TV two big middle fingers after I dropped his ass. Ah...Dark Souls.

Then I reached the bridge in
Irithyll and met the Pontiff's beast

865ebf700194ab0bfceb7f9146014aec.gif

Oh shit, you reminded me that I didn't kill that knight yet... I'll have to go back there, dammit.

Onemic

There aren't really questlines. You mostly just talk to people and the world enters different states depending on the particular combination of who you talk to and when and occasionally what you say in reply.

So can you tell me if I've already done the hollowing questline?
The dude that I rescued died after I got 5 levels from him and was replaced by a girl. I got the tower key and was able to get the firekeeper soul, so now I can cure my hollowing(but it costs something like 70k souls so I havent bothered curing it yet)

Steel

Banned

The bonfire
isn't that far a distance if you use a shortcut that's right next tot he entrance. There's a drop off point to the right.

Please spoiler tag boss names or whatever they are. Noticed some people just aren't doing that.

I don't post any spoilers here, but I keep wondering why bosses names are considered spoilers? If people are that sensitive to spoilers why would you ever enter this thread?

Gurrry

Did you go underground? There is a way to get beneath the lava into some catacombs by standing on the tiles area and letting the ballista shoot at you there

Hmmm... I dont think so. Ive been to the
catacombs above where Wolnir is
, is that what youre talking about?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
So I've tried being a Sunbro for a few bosses now and it probably only works about 50% of the time. It's weird being trapped outside watching someone die slowly.

Kaibutsu

I know many people didn't like DkS2 but I loved Lucatiel. I liked her quest and her VA had such a sexy voice. Turns out she's some actress in UK.

See her
gear was pretty cool

She was one of the best characters in that game! Her questline was both amazing and
heartbreaking

what-ok

The dude that I rescued died after I got 5 levels from him and was replaced by a girl. I got the tower key and was able to get the firekeeper soul, so now I can cure my hollowing(but it costs something like 70k souls so I havent bothered curing it yet)

If you hold off on curing it you will get a
special
ending. I am about to get
Married
to
Anri
"I think" and I hear that will allow for the
hollow quest
to be complete. I may be wrong though.

MilkBeard

Yeah, the auto-summon covenants seem to be broken. Normal putting down summon sign & invading is SUPER fast. But the auto-summon does nothing for me.

I mean, clearly on some level it works, I do see Blues while invading. But I can never be summoned. :/

Do you have world matchmaking selected? It's not the initial option.

Also, there are going to be less Darkmoon/Sentinel summons because people have to wear the way of blue badge for it to work.

I've gotten a number of summons this way, it's definitely not broken. More people need to wear the Way of Blue for it to work.

LiK

I don't post any spoilers here, but I keep wondering why bosses names are considered spoilers? If people are that sensitive to spoilers why would you ever enter this thread?

cuz people like me who haven't finished the game are coming in here for advice. I thought that was common knowledge. There's a spoiler thread for a reason.

cuz people like me who haven't finished the game are coming in here for advice. I thought that was common knowledge. There's a spoiler thread for a reason.

I'm just asking because I would consider advise as much bigger spoiler than just a name. A name could mean anything, but advice actually takes away from the sense of accomplishment...

If you hold off on curing it you will get a
special
ending. I am about to get
Married
to
Anri
"I think" and I hear that will allow for the
hollow quest
to be complete. I may be wrong though.

Don't ever cure the
Dark Sign
if you do you will fail the quest.

LiK

I'm just asking because I would consider advise as much bigger spoiler than just a name. A name could mean anything, but advice actually takes away from the sense of accomplishment...

In that case, why spoiler tag area names, NPCs or gear items? We just do it outta courtesy for a new game. That's all.

Afrocious

It depends. If there was a boss in DS3 named Bed of Chaos, Seath the Scaleless, or anything like that, then that would be a huge spoiler.

I'm hoping those aren't bosses in DS3. I'm not done yet.

mxgt

Banned

No, you need to do the
Anri of Astora quest line. He/she shows up in various locations. Once you have finished that, and don't cure Hollowing, you can get the hollowing ending after the final boss.

In that case, why spoiler tag area names or gear items? We just do it outta courtesy.

I'm not arguing against using spoiler tags. Whatever works for people is fine with me. I was genuinely curious why people find names of things (that includes bosses and items) as a spoiler, but they have no issue reading this thread. :)

If they just let you pull the camera out during
nameless king
it'd be so much better. Right now I'm just guessing what the fucks happening above me and it's the stupidest shit ever. The real boss is the camera.

If you're taking about the first phase as soon as
you hear King of the Storm scream, turn around and run in the opposite direction, don't roll. All the other attacks can be easily dodged or you can just use a shield with high elec resistance like Lothric Knight shield or Havel's.

Boogdud

How do you even start any NPC questline in this game? I dont think I've done any, even the hollowing questline(And im at like lvl 99 hollowing too lol)

First you kill a chicken, then soak it's corpse in whiskey, then burn it, then store it's bones in a coffee can, then you must scale the highest peak within 500 square miles, dump them out on a jade table and read the sign. Once you have that sign, spin in a chair 50 times, immediately get up and run to the nearest door, whatever item your head hits will be the first letter of the sub area that the NPC will be hidden within.

ie) the npc quests in this series are completely obnoxious, convoluted, obtuse horse shit. The only way to figure out what to do and when to do it is to consult a wiki, which pretty much defeats the purpose because you get no sense of accomplishment since you'll already know the correct procedure and rewards for doing so before you ever start them.

I'm genuinely curious if a single person alive has completed any of the npc quests in DS3 without consulting a wiki/the internet. If so, it's a damned miracle.

Lakitu

st5fu
Finished the game just now. I got the weakest ending I think. But it was amazing, loved every minute.

That last boss was driving me nuts though. Took me around 10 tries.

Hmmm... I dont think so. Ive been to the
catacombs above where Wolnir is
, is that what youre talking about?
No, you can go
underneath the lava of smoldering lake. There are two pyromancy times along with all sorts of other goodies and a bonfire down there.

Sylas

The thing is that since being invaded solo is so unlikely people have less reason to wear it. Most invadees already have their own personal gank squad.

I'm being solo invaded/doing a ton of solo invading in the Undead Settlement in NG+. It's great.

Sephzilla

I'm not arguing against using spoiler tags. Whatever works for people is fine with me. I was genuinely curious why people find names of things (that includes bosses and items) as a spoiler, but they have no issue reading this thread. :)

I don't entirely get why every single location ever needs to be spoiler tagged. Knowing that there's a place in the game with a specific name isn't a spoiler since you have no context as to what or where it is or anything like that. Stuff like A
nor Londo
or K
iln of the First Flame
are actual spoilers because
those are places you've been to in previous games

I don't think asking for spoiler tags on pretty much anything needs a reason at all, actually.

LiK

Even the name of the second boss of the game should be Spoiler taged?
sure, why not. There are players who are still coming in here who just started the game.

I'm not arguing either, just explaining why we should not spoil stuff. Like I said, we're in here asking advice for trouble spots/enemies. I've asked my fair share of questions in here. I'd rather be here than ask some dude in GameFAQs for help.

Finished the game just now. I got the weakest ending I think. But it was amazing, loved every minute.

Out of curiosity, what level are people finishing the game at? I feel like I've over leveled a bit lol which is whatever since I'll be able to spend more on weapons and gear in NG+
NG+ doesn't split up matchmaking right? Everyone's still in the same pool?

I'd also like to know the answer to this.

ogbg

First you kill a chicken, then soak it's corpse in whiskey, then burn it, then store it's bones in a coffee can, then you must scale the highest peak within 500 square miles, dump them out on a jade table and read the sign. Once you have that sign, spin in a chair 50 times, immediately get up and run to the nearest door, whatever item your head hits will be the first letter of the sub area that the NPC will be hidden within.

ie) the npc quests in this series are completely obnoxious, convoluted, obtuse horse shit. The only way to figure out what to do and when to do it is to consult a wiki, which pretty much defeats the purpose because you get no sense of accomplishment since you'll already know the correct procedure and rewards for doing so before you ever start them.

I'm genuinely curious if a single person alive has completed any of the npc quests in DS3 without consulting a wiki/the internet. If so, it's a damned miracle.

I really don't think you're meant to think about them in that goal-oriented way. They're more just things that happen in the world that are going to be different for everyone because there are so many permutations. You might come across something and then someone else might come across something completely different.

Almost beat it on first try but then had to try about 20 times to actually beat him. What sucks about the ending is that I could have gotten much better ending if I just looked it up right before finishing the game. But at the same time I'm not too disappointed since story didn't make any sense to me anyway :)

mxgt

Banned

I did
Siegward's
without a wiki. Wasn't that obtuse compared to some of them tbh.

Afrocious

Probably a terrible question since I am actively avoiding spoilers, but are the endings dependent on NPC questlines? I'm assuming so.

I want to finish the game, but I don't really want a shit ending.

MrHoot

Yeah... It sounds like it... I'm 40 hours in and havnt beaten pontiff yet where the fuck did you find the time to beat ng+ since the game came out. You didn't even die to pontiff?

Do you have a job?

Just generally curious not trolling. I just don't have that kind of time I'm lucky I've put in the hours I have

A bit late to this but yeah, I echo his statement. NG+ is tremendously easier than NG. And for pontiff, all you need to eat him is a shield with good enough stability and enough endurance as his attacks don't hit that much and then you get the luxury of circling him more easily, making the fight a LOT more accessible.

Almost every single boss I got in one shot in NG+, bit of a let down, I expected them to be a bit harder, but turns out it's a cakewalk. Wonder if I should jump to NG+2 but I really do not feel going through that awful second quarter of the game again (Farron, Catacombs and Ruins. I find that trio of zones to be a real pace killer)

Boogdud

I did
Siegward's
without a wiki. Wasn't that obtuse compared to some of them tbh.

You completed it until the very end? I'm not talking about the initial part where
you help him to the tower and the kill the fire demon

Fiend

Even without auto-lock, the dragon is directly above your head a lot of the time. You can't watch for its tells because you can't fucking see it.

I rarely had problems at that fight with my camera. Try to stand before the dragons head, read the tells and hit the head. Rinse and repeat.

Sarcasm

I really don't think you're meant to think about them in that goal-oriented way. They're more just things that happen in the world that are going to be different for everyone because there are so many permutations. You might come across something and then someone else might come across something completely different.

I bet most people experiences would be missing mostly everything NPC related with how the system works.

LiK

Probably a terrible question since I am actively avoiding spoilers, but are the endings dependent on NPC questlines? I'm assuming so.

I want to finish the game, but I don't really want a shit ending.
don't worry about it. Play blind and just get whatever you end up with. I'd rather try to get the best ending in NG+ knowing what I should do to obtain it.

mxgt

Banned
You completed it until the very end? I'm not talking about the initial part where
you help him to the tower and the kill the fire demon

Yeah.

I think the only obscure part in that quest line is
him being stuck in the well
- I can easily see people missing that. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward.

StMeph

The Fire Keeper's chain is probably the least obtuse one since it's purely a matter of exploring hidden areas for key items. Otherwise I agree that the other NPC quests are insanely specific in DS3 with a lot of potential points of failure.

Afrocious

don't worry about it. Play blind and just get whatever you end up with. I'd rather try to get the best ending in NG+ knowing what I should do to obtain it.

You are right, Mr. LiK.

Besides, I do want to try a magic/pyromancy run. My character in that will get the harem ending obviously.

LiK

The Fire Keeper's chain is probably the least obtuse one since it's purely a matter of exploring hidden areas for key items. Otherwise I agree that the other NPC quests are insanely specific in DS3 with a lot of potential points of failure.
yea, the quest lines in this game are way tougher to figure out than DkS2.

Hystzen

S
moulding
l
ake
is a pointless area . Apart from lore stuff it just a bloodborne chalice dungeon which gave me flashbacks to another reason I don't rate Bloodborne as high as most people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom