• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

Because there's two bosses in that Valley, so they're summoning you thinking you're there for her instead of him....

BUt where should I place my Summon sign if I want to be called for Vorth?

Also, this is my first time of any souls that Im coop as a Summon, how does it affect my covenant?, Im in farron covenant, Do i get anything for it? before I was getting gold (sunlight?) medallions.

LiK

Nope. I think the cleric outfit has the best fire res, something that looks like it anyway.

Basically chug estus and walk, literally. If you roll or hold up your shield, get hit once, you're dead. Oh and in the time it takes you to pick up whatever it is you'll die.

I'm guessing Flash Sweat helps?

E92 M3

Yeah, the auto-summon covenants seem to be broken. Normal putting down summon sign & invading is SUPER fast. But the auto-summon does nothing for me.

I mean, clearly on some level it works, I do see Blues while invading. But I can never be summoned. :/

Would be nice if From acknowledged it or something.

How are dex weapons later in the game? I'm using uchigatana and have just the min 16 dex to wield it. I have been leveling up endurance to boost my stamina bar.

I like the moveset of this katana a lot, the vertical swings are nice.

ogbg

Yeah, the auto-summon covenants seem to be broken. Normal putting down summon sign & invading is SUPER fast. But the auto-summon does nothing for me.

I mean, clearly on some level it works, I do see Blues while invading. But I can never be summoned. :/

I think it would have been a better system if when a solo player was invaded a blue was summoned automatically and then also massively up the probability of being invaded while solo. Invasions would be more fun (2v1 is way better than 4v1) and blues would actually have a job to do.

i have the blue sents equipped since i got them, never got summoned. whenever i'm embered i switch to way of the blue. people actually join my game to help and i'm jealous!

Gurrry

How are dex weapons later in the game? I'm using uchigatana and have just the min 16 dex to wield it. I have been leveling up endurance to boost my stamina bar.

Id start pumping stats into dex before it becomes too expensive. Im not sure about the scaling on the uchi but down the road youll wish you had more dex points if youre still at the bare minimum.

Kaibutsu

Can someone tell me what the point of
the smouldering lake and the temple next to the old demon king is for?
I explored the entire area (i think) and I didnt find anything but
a knight at the bottom that dropped the fume sword

Did I miss something?

I just entered the area but if you get the
giant ballista to kill the giant scary worm thing you get an undead bone shard

Gurrry

Yeah I did all that. Ive pretty much scoured that entire area top to bottom and was left scratching my head. There has to be more to this, right?

GulAtiCa

I got a bunch of arrows and just slowly took it out. I cheesed it, esp since it attack never goes that far and it doesn't move.. lol

Ferr986

BUt where should I place my Summon sign if I want to be called for Vorth?

Also, this is my first time of any souls that Im coop as a Summon, how does it affect my covenant?, Im in farron covenant, Do i get anything for it? before I was getting gold (sunlight?) medallions.

If you are in Farron's covenant I would sugest to reach Farron's Keep boss and do coop there. Or the tree at the Undead Settlement. For Vorltd, you put the sign before his fog gate, but you will still run with people trying to beat the Dancer.

About the gold coins, you only get them if you are in the Sunlight Warriors covenant, you level up that covenant with coop because it's a coop focused covenant. You don't get anything for coop as a Farron bro.

Yeah I did all that. Ive pretty much scoured that entire area top to bottom and was left scratching my head. There has to be more to this, right?

It doesn't lead anywhere if that's what you're wondering. Also there's something there concerning the
Anri
questline if you've been following it

what-ok

I am rocking the Uchi, infused sharp with 40 dex and 15 luck. I get bleed on some enemies with multiple hits and it does good damage.

Lorcain

I'm not a fan of the Vitality stat. I wish Strength, Stamina, and to a lesser degree dexterity, all contributed to equipment load. In my mind, Vigor already represents hardiness. Strength and stamina should have a direct impact on someone's ability to wear armor, with dexterity impacting performance somewhat.

I cringe when I have to level Vitality up, but it's the only way to wear some of the cooler armor in the game. Even the name for the stat doesn't make a lot of sense and is confusing when first learning the system.

Some guy invaded me in the G
rand Archives
, gave me a Tree seed and we continued to trash the whole place together? Whats up with that? Didnt have any covenant equipped.

kagamin

Sacred Flame is sweet, probably my favorite Pyromancy in the game.

Some guy invaded me in the G
rand Archives
, gave me a Tree seed and we continued to trash the whole place together? Whats up with that? Didnt have any covenant equipped.

Just a nice person I guess.

Afrocious

I think I'm well on my way to have all the NPCs killed by not tending to their questlines. That thief dude never came back from the valley and I have no clue where Sieg is anymore.

Caja 117

If you are in Farron's covenant I would sugest to reach Farron's Keep boss and do coop there. Or the tree at the Undead Settlement. For Vorltd, you put the sign before his fog gate, but you will still run with people trying to beat the Dancer.

About the gold coins, you only get them if you are in the Sunlight Warriors covenant, you level up that covenant with coop because it's a coop focused covenant. You don't get anything for coop as a Farron bro.

Farron Keep boss is the Abyss watcher, right?

LiK

I'm not a fan of the Vitality stat. I wish Strength, Stamina, and to a lesser degree dexterity, all contributed to equipment load. In my mind, Vigor already represents hardiness. Strength and stamina should have a direct impact on someone's ability to wear armor, with dexterity impacting performance somewhat.

I cringe when I have to level Vitality up, but it's the only way to wear some of the cooler armor in the game. Even the name for the stat doesn't make a lot of sense and is confusing when first learning the system.

I also noticed bumping up VIT will also give an extra point to PHY stats. Def a stat made for tanks.

Gurrry

It doesn't lead anywhere if that's what you're wondering. Also there's something there concerning the
Anri
questline if you've been following it

Damn, Im not even sure I know who that is, I might have missed it or just forgot about it.

Still, its strange that they have that entire area with
no boss or anything of real signifigance.

Anywho, im currently at (major late game boss spoiler)
Soul of Cinder
and my fuck is he hard.

Kaibutsu

Oh I never got an answer before but can someone tell me if I should present the
lord of cinder ashes to their respective thrones or just hold on to them for later in the game?

CHC

So if I want to make another character that is like a big-hat wearing witch, should I do pyromancy, (dark) miracles, or sorcery?

What's most fun in this game? Leaning towards Pyro.

The feels when you've explored and completed the Smouldering Lake.......*banderas*

Seriously, fuck that place.
Knight Slayer Tsorig
can go suck a bag of dicks, too! I literally gave my TV two big middle fingers after I dropped his ass. Ah...Dark Souls.

Then I reached the bridge in
Irithyll and met the Pontiff's beast

865ebf700194ab0bfceb7f9146014aec.gif

I think I'm well on my way to have all the NPCs killed by not tending to their questlines. That thief dude never came back from the valley and I have no clue where Sieg is anymore.

Pardon my French and sorry for repeating myself, but

Fuck the NPC questlines in this game. Nothing but trash.

Jellie

Damn, Im not even sure I know who that is, I might have missed it or just forgot about it.

Soul of Cinder
and my fuck is he hard.

There is a boss there though. It's just past the giant worm.

Kaibutsu

The worst stat to me is attunement lol. I hated putting any points into that but I did up to 13 or 14 I think to get two slots and more FP

Soul of Cinder
and my fuck is he hard.

There is a boss

From the entrance go straight ahead

sora87

If they just let you pull the camera out during
nameless king
it'd be so much better. Right now I'm just guessing what the fucks happening above me and it's the stupidest shit ever. The real boss is the camera.

Onemic

Pardon my French and sorry for repeating myself, but

Fuck the NPC questlines in this game. Nothing but trash.

How do you even start any NPC questline in this game? I dont think I've done any, even the hollowing questline(And im at like lvl 99 hollowing too lol)

That awkward moment when you thought you were like a third of the way through the game because this is the first Dark Souls game you've made any real progress in and you look up the boss list and realize that you only have
bosses left...

kagamin

If they just let you pull the camera out during
nameless king
it'd be so much better. Right now I'm just guessing what the fucks happening above me and it's the stupidest shit ever. The real boss is the camera.

I managed to keep my camera on the boss the entire time, but when he was midair I was purposefully playing unlocked to see what he was doing.

How do you even start any NPC questline in this game? I dont think I've done any, even the hollowing questline(And im at like lvl 99 hollowing too lol)

You have to do the
Point Down gesture
at the
third pixel to the left in Undead Settlement
at
precisely 16:20
, or all NPC questlines will perma-fail.

After you do that, you have to
throw your best weapon into the lava at Smouldering Lake
after every boss.

Korosenai

Doing my first ever dex build, currently level 90.... What second stat should I level? Int, Faith, or Luck? I tried leveling faith to 25 but none of the spells do any damage, and if I do faith, then I have to waste slots on attunement.

ogbg

That awkward moment when you thought you were like a third of the way through the game because this is the first Dark Souls game you've made any real progress in and you look up the boss list and realize that you only have
bosses left...

EDIT: wrong post

ogbg

There aren't really questlines. You mostly just talk to people and the world enters different states depending on the particular combination of who you talk to and when and occasionally what you say in reply.

Elixist

I got a bunch of arrows and just slowly took it out. I cheesed it, esp since it attack never goes that far and it doesn't move.. lol

you can get behind it and just cheese it with melee too. i felt bad one of the most amazing things in a souls game. i tried legit like 5 times longsword, range just too shit to do much without getting oneshot by his burrow moves, so im like maybe you can change up the fight if you go behind him.

LiK

I know many people didn't like DkS2 but I loved Lucatiel. I liked her quest and her VA had such a sexy voice. Turns out she's some actress in UK.

See her
gear was pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom