• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onikiri and Ubadachi is the most fun weapon in the world.

Is there anything important regarding Covenants, or trophies in the High Wall of Lorthic?

Are onikiri and ubadachi a worthwhile end game weapon for pve? I think I finally found what I want to go with, hopefully they are a good weapon

Edit: hahaha well that's good to know ^

Must kill host for the item right? Or can you just kill regular enemies?

If you invade, you get the item by killing the host OR killing all his phantoms while leaving the host alive. I'm not sure what is considered a win if you put your white soapstone sign down. Killing regular enemies is not enough, but maybe you can get an item if you help the host kill invaders?

zewone

Are onikiri and ubadachi a worthwhile end game weapon for pve? I think I finally found what I want to go with, hopefully they are a good weapon

Edit: hahaha well that's good to know ^

100% yes.

Completely viable in PVE and PVP.

8HHC2xX.gif

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Holy fuck, after about 10 attempts I FINALLY beat by far the most difficult boss in the game so far,
Pontiff Sulyvahn.

I'm still shocked I beat him, actually. I felt underleveled and overwhelmed by his ridiculous onslaught of attacks and annoying second phase, but I fucking did it, man. Feels damn good.

Dez_

Well shit, I just used my
Stray Demon Soul
to give me some pyromancy spell instead of Havel's Ring. Is there another that I can get in this playthrough or am I out until NG+?

My only complaint: This game is really short. It's probably the shortest game in the series. The areas are too small, you can often reach the boss in seconds if you want. But I think it's also very replayable because of this. Oh well, I don't want it to end but the areas seem to get shorter and I'm probably almost near the end :/

How much do I have left after the dancer?

zewone

My only complaint: This game is really short. It's probably the shortest game in the series. The areas are too small, you can often reach the boss in seconds if you want. But I think it's also very replayable because of this. Oh well, I don't want it to end but the areas seem to get shorter and I'm probably almost near the end :/

Depending on optional areas you missed, you're about 80-90% done.

The last area is pretty damn long at the very least.

Plum

100% yes.

Completely viable in PVE and PVP.

Man these weapons look so good but my current build has barely any DEX so I'd have to wait until C
athedral of the Deep
to respec if I want to go into NG+. They're so far in the game that it's the only way I'd be able to use them.

Maybe I should just create a separate DEX character. What are the best DEX weapons to use throughout the game?

If I'm remembering right, you have 5 or 6 bosses to go if you're going to do all the optional areas. Two large areas and 3 mandatory bosses to go otherwise.

zewone

Man these weapons look so good but my current build has barely any DEX so I'd have to wait until C
athedral of the Deep
to respec if I want to go into NG+. They're so far in the game that it's the only way I'd be able to use them.

Maybe I should just create a separate DEX character. What are the best DEX weapons to use throughout the game?

You can get the Uchigatana almost immediately after starting the game. I used that until I got the dual katanas.

Onemic

Holy fuck, after about 10 attempts I FINALLY beat by far the most difficult boss in the game so far,
Pontiff Sulyvahn.

I'm still shocked I beat him, actually. I felt underleveled and overwhelmed by his ridiculous onslaught of attacks and annoying second phase, but I fucking did it, man. Feels damn good.

His second form was non existent for me.
I just used my pyro spell on him as soon as he goes into his second phase and his shadow instantly dies :p

Damn dude, I'm 28 hours in and apparently only about half way through so I strongly disagree with this statement!

Menome

After four hours of battling the
Pontiff
boss and another hour getting past the following obstacles, I've finally reached
Anor Londo

I'm home :')

Plum

To the left of Firelink Shrine, there's a hollow with a katana up the stairs.

Kill him to drop it.

Oh yeah, forgot about that guy. The Uchigitana seems like a good weapon to use whilst I'm searching for something else I like the look of. Thanks!

McBryBry

So currently rolling quality (strength at 28, believe DEX is at 29 or 30 and growing)

I've been rolling with the Greatsword+10, infused to have a C in both stats and it's doing a pretty damn good job. However, I'm curious on other weapons that work well with this setup. Any recommendations? Literally up for anything.

Citadel

I feel like I've wasted precious titanite shards on weapons I don't use. I'm SL50 and just beat the
Cathedral
boss, but I'm so close to re-starting the same exact character/build for the sole purpose of saving all the shards I find for only one specific weapon and one shield. Am I crazy for thinking this, or is there some way I can farm shards (and higher titanite materials)

I'm torn between that & the Fallen Knight armor, mainly because it looks so Bloodborne-esque.

I'm using the Fallen Knight armor because of how it looks mainly. Love it. :)

I feel like I've wasted precious titanite shards on weapons I don't use. I'm SL50 and just beat the
Cathedral
boss, but I'm so close to re-starting the same exact character/build for the sole purpose of saving all the shards I find for only one specific weapon and one shield. Am I crazy for thinking this, or is there some way I can farm shards (and higher titanite materials)

I don't know for sure yet, but I've heard shards drop like candy later in the game.

zewone

Cathedral

Don't worry about it.

You can eventually purchase unlimited shards, large shards, and chunks.

myco666

What the hell is up with these gank squads? Is this normal for PVP? Multiple times I invade a world with 3 people waiting for me and other invaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom