• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHC

I don't think there's a single boss I dislike.

Some are a bit on the easy side but man the variety is fantastic.

ApharmdX

Banned
Lothric Castle knights are just kicking my ass

I had some trouble with those too. Wait for openings or parry. Later in the level, with the hollow soldiers, it's worse, because there's a mix of melee and ranged. There's also a return of the
ooze-spoiled undead
and they block Estus recovery? It takes some patience.

HvySky

I've seen many people complain about A
byss Walkers
and P
ontiff Sulyvahn

Personally I had tons of trouble with T
win Princes
(took me +30 attempts)

Makes sense, with A
byss
W
atchers
basically being a spiritual successor to
Artoris AKA the best boss fight in the Souls series
. I actually lucked out and defeated them on my first try, with zero estus flasks left and so little health left you couldn't even see the red on the meter.

Managed to off 3 bosses yesterday, made it to I
rithyll of the Boreal Valley
and I think my +4 Fire Broadsword is starting to show its age... is it worth it to farm 4 more levels into dexterity and use this B
lack
B
lade
everyone was talking about? And if so, what infusion should my STR / VIT character be sticking on it? I assumed a heavy to give it a STR scaling...

One of the few bosses in this game that I actually like. She has sporadic patterns and long reach. Far from unbeatable though.

Got them on my first try. Ran out of estus (stupidly allotted two ashen flasks on a non-magic character for the fight with the previous boss, even though I realized midway I didn't need them), and was one hit away, but I managed to get the last three strikes in at the last moment and win the fight.

That was a good fight. Easily one of my favorite bosses in the Souls series; the way she flows through the battlefield is something that no other boss in this series has done. Definitely up there with Artorias.

Are there any katanas that benefit from STR? I already have like 25 STR and I kind of want to try out a katana without respeccing, just wondering if there are any STR or quality build katanas out there

Respect

Managed to off 3 bosses yesterday, made it to I
rithyll of the Boreal Valley
and I think my +4 Fire Broadsword is starting to show its age... is it worth it to farm 4 more levels into dexterity and use this B
lack
B
lade
everyone was talking about? And if so, what infusion should my STR / VIT character be sticking on it? I assumed a heavy to give it a STR scaling...

Give it a heavy gem, gets A scaling, it is fairly quick and hits hard.

zewone

Are there any katanas that benefit from STR? I already have like 25 STR and I kind of want to try out a katana without respeccing, just wondering if there are any STR or quality build katanas out there

Onikiri and Ubadachi are C in STR and in DEX.

If you use a Heavy gem you can make them A scaling in STR.

Tevren

After a day and a half, just downed D
ancer
as well. Really a great fight, despite trouncing me for days it never once felt cheap or unbeatable.

ironcreed

Banned
I got invaded last night by a guy two handing Yhorm's great machete. He pretty much went beast mode right through me. But still, butcher knife for life.

How do I tell if bleed works?

Will it tell me if they are bleeding? I just want to make sure my Onikiri and Ubadachi is working correctly.

When an enemy loses a lot of HP suddenly lol.

Sound and visual effect too.

Hmm not sure about the higher stamina levels where you're at (SL 100-120 PvP).

That would be fun to test. I wonder if the kick w/ that horse whatever ring might not be more effective there.

Kick is 200% useless on PvP, so no point lol

Needs a buff, needs more tracking,range and speed.

CHC

There needs to be an optional toggle to turn off the stupid kick move in this game.

haha it has fucked me so many times when using the Greataxe. The worst is when you kick, panic, and then try to attack again after the kick, resulting in a horribly mistimed swing and painful punishment after.

How do I tell if bleed works?

Will it tell me if they are bleeding? I just want to make sure my Onikiri and Ubadachi is working correctly.

Bleed really isn't what you assume it would be (a damage over time effect, that is). It's basically like poison or whatever else, where an invisible "meter" builds up, and then when it is filled, triggers a big burst of damage instead of a DOT effect. You'll know it by a big red cloud exploding from the enemy, which comes along with a wet splat sound effect and a big burst of damage.

You can make it happen by attacking in quick succession. You can't miss it if it triggers.

STR build here (40 STR/18 DEX), worth it oupgrade Butcher's Knife past +3? Or is it better to find/use something else? Not being able to inbue it kind of blows. I have the Unchigata (or however it's spelled) but it doesn't seem as high DPS wise.

Should I refine it? Or hold off for something better?

Cob32

STR build here (40 STR/18 DEX), worth it oupgrade Butcher's Knife past +3? Or is it better to find/use something else? Not being able to inbue it kind of blows. I have the Unchigata (or however it's spelled) but it doesn't seem as high DPS wise.

Heavy infused Dark Sword is what you're after.

Plum

I got it to +10 and it absolutely carved through most enemies. It's well worth it I think, especially if you like the moveset.

phierce

It goes to S scaling at +10

LiK

Love the kick move against people that play too defensively with their shields. Just kick them and give them a critical stab afterwards.

It's too easy to initiate by accident in this game compared to the previous games. The window to do it is too generous and I never used it in previous games. Now it messes up my combos.

CHC

I do wish kick had a more distinct combo to trigger it, like hitting L1 and R1 together, or something like that.

Kaibutsu

Poor guy haha, felt like brutal murder:

GV7VJKq.gif

good lord, why the hell are you running around with 4 million souls?

edit: never mind, I saw your answer...

Respect

It's too easy to initiate by accident in this game compared to the previous games. The window to do it is too generous and I never used it in previous games. Now it messes up my combos.

I have kicked far more than I intended to also, that is for sure.

MGrant

Finished the game, same class as I first beat DS1 with: knight, sword and shield, lightning blade (in lieu of Sunlight Blade). I felt bad that I summoned
Yuria
for the final boss, as I feel it made the fight much easier, but it was still a great fight.

cyba89

I'm currently at the final boss and the Butcher's Knife served me well through the whole game. If you like the moveset keep using it.

For a strength build, is it worth it to upgrade beyond 16 Dex? I don't want to put much more into it, but it seems like maybe 18 is the magic Dex number for a lot of weapons that are both Str & Dex. Right now I'm rocking a Dark Sword that is pretty awesome but I kind of want to try other things just for fun.

Also I feel like the Dragon Crest Shield is by far the best bang for your buck shield. High magic and fire absorption in addition to 100% physical. Lowish stability but not awful. I don't normally run sword and board builds though so maybe I'm wrong?

Impulsor

OK, I know I'm gonna ask for something kinda impossible here...

I need 6 chunks and 1 slab. I'll trade fully upgraded cathedral greatsword + fully upgraded farron great sword + whatever for those.

PC.

Anyone remotely interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom