• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Love Murakumo. I kind of get fucked up facing them with BKGA. I can tank through their attacks and still get a swing off, but the kumo seems a bit faster and they land their second hit first.

I've fallen in love with the Murakumo too - much more than the Dark Sword. One thing I hate is the special on it. Special is weak sauce.

How many fucking souls

I've locked myself level 100 for a while now and do tons of PVP/NG+ which gives tons of souls.

Meccs

Yeah on my first playthrough I completely missed it cause I killed the boss in that area. Which I think prevents you from joining unless you follow the other questline. Which I also missed at first :p
Edit:
yeah you can't join. That's what I did on my first playthrough as well.
Kinda a dick move to lock you out of that completely...

PFD

Is there any resource explaining the matchmaking system for PVP/Coop? I read somewhere that reinforcing your weapon past +5 will push you to the next "tier" of players, and so does leveling beyond SL50. How many "tiers" are there?

Any tips for N
ameless King
boss fight phase 2? First phase is easy but I can't figure out what the hell this guys going to do or when to dodge. Not using a shield btw.

HvySky

So back in Dark Souls 1, I had a character devoted to being summoned and helping people fight Ornstein & Smough. Tons of fun, especially since it was probably the biggest roadblock for people and felt great helping them overcome it. What boss do you guys think is best for this / has the most activity in Dark Souls 3?

quick question regarding post game.

Is it still possible to get invaded by NPCs after I defeated all the bosses?

also how does pvp work? like I'm going for plat and want to farm covenant items and how do I go about doing that?

What's killing me the most in the game is the tracking from attacks that hits vertically. I see the start of the attack animation and regardless of rolling left or right, I see them tracking in the middle of the swing animation and still get hit. I have to roll into the move in order not to get hit.

Then there are enemies that hits me while still on the ground. The roll is not invincible on the start of the animation so when an enemy goes HAM, I'm basically fucked

PFD

So back in Dark Souls 1, I had a character devoted to being summoned and helping people fight Ornstein & Smough. Tons of fun, especially since it was probably the biggest roadblock for people and felt great helping them overcome it. What boss do you guys think is best for this / has the most activity in Dark Souls 3?

I've seen many people complain about A
byss Walkers
and P
ontiff Sulyvahn

Personally I had tons of trouble with T
win Princes
(took me +30 attempts)

Korosenai

Naw, I switched completely off of strength. I have enough to run the shield I like, but that's about it.

My luck is at 40, and faith is about 16 (this is enough to run blessed weapon for health regain, and 1 or 2 other support spells depending on your attunement level/ring setup).

The thing that makes the build work well is that
anri's sword
scales with luck -- something I guess you can't see in the weapon screen directly, but is listed in the weapon info. With consumables that make your weapon do bleed damage (which also scales with luck, along with crits I think) it all works out nicely. I think the sword has pretty good scaling too (200 + 207 or something at +5).

So no major points in strength or dex needed for that build. Put enough in vit to wear the armor you like I guess (I always stay < 70%).

Anri's sword is weird. You can't infuse it, only upgrade, but it appears to have a lot of hidden infused stuff: http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Anri's Straight+Sword so you also have regen on it which stacks well with blessed weapon and also the healing ring for ~6 hp regen)
Hmmm, so if I go luck, I should just go full luck? I respecd and i'm currently at 40 dex and 20 luck.

I started with the Merc class as template.

I'm at SL50 - Vigor 25, Attunement 12 (sadly), Endurance 20, Vitality 10, Strength 13, Dexterity 32, Int 10, Faith 8, Luck 9.

Basically I don't touch any of the magic-related stats. Those are all base.

Really it's just been DEX/VIG/END.

STR high enough to wield what I want to. VIT seems less important here for lighter builds since armor is meaningful only to a certain point, and you can comfortably have anywhere from 30%-69.9% equip load.
Cool, thank you for the info! Just looking for some build inspirations.

Spoo

Any tips for N
ameless King
boss fight phase 2? First phase is easy but I can't figure out what the hell this guys going to do or when to dodge. Not using a shield btw.

Hardest boss for me.

The thing I found to be most useful with this boss is actually to stay close to him, rolling when he attacks -- make sure to know the combos so you know when it's safe to actually hit. Don't get greedy; 1 or 2 attacks.

If you hit the boss enough, he staggers, and you can do a big attack on him. If you're lucky, he'll be at or around 1/3 health before he transitions to his second form (but I've had him do it at 3/4 health which sucks).

In second part, he'll do a *lot* of dashing around, and jump into the sky a lot and come down. Very punishable, and actually the preferred move keeping in mind that it's very damaging if it does hit you (when you should roll away for these is always earlier than it feels for most windups).

If you take a hit, don't immediately go straight to healing, because chances are you'll get caught up in some of his bullshit. Wait for him to do a move where you'd normally punish, and heal up instead.

Is there any resource explaining the matchmaking system for PVP/Coop? I read somewhere that reinforcing your weapon past +5 will push you to the next "tier" of players, and so does leveling beyond SL50. How many "tiers" are there?
According to Prima guide
haha the prima guide...
for weapon reinforcement.
Player A's Highest Reinforcement Value | Highest Possible Reinforcement For Player B
0 | 2
1 | 3
2 | 4
3 | 5
4 | 6
5 | 8
6 | 9
7-10 | 10

edit: sorry for the bad formatting but the | is used to separate Player A from Player B.

Spoo

Hmmm, so if I go luck, I should just go full luck? I respecd and i'm currently at 40 dex and 20 luck.

Cool, thank you for the info! Just looking for some build inspirations.

If the weapon you have scales with dex, then keeping dex high comes first. Some dex weapons have bleed damage, so you'll still get a bonus from your luck (and any crit). What you have is a hybrid build, and that's fine. If you're going to go full-in on luck, you need a luck scaling weapon.

You can use a hollow gem to infuse weapons with which will add luck damage (I don't know how the hollow gem effects other scaling on the weapon).

You can respec a lot, so try a few things out. Luck builds are kind of gimmicky, but can't argue with the results so far. I also like having access to miracles.

Plum

Just finished it, and I must say that I loved it. Took me 30 hours in total, with a few of those being me just dicking around invading and co-oping.

There were some annoying areas, enemies and bosses but overall I felt joy I haven't felt since playing DaS1 for the first time.

That final boss though...
when his second phase started and he adopted Gwyn's moveset whilst his theme began to come it made me die I was so hyped. Such an amazing final boss.

Time to start up my second character where I'm not going to summon for anything (I summoned for most every fight in this, even the final one) and play DEX instead of STR.

My final thoughts are that I hope the Dark Souls series ends here, in fact I don't want another medieval sword-and-shield Souls game from From. It's a perfect ending to Dark Souls and Demon's Souls, and it should be kept that way.

CHC

Hollow level 99 here. Sh*ts not so bad yo.

Just wear armour that covers you up and you don't even notice.

Fuck armor, I'm full deprived, level 99 hollow, and proud of it.

Let them judge me, I'll be reppin' hollows till the day the first flame burns out.

adz2ka

Can someone explain to me how when someone invades me they have about 89 estus flasks, but when I invade someone else I have 3...

usp84

So as a Host of Ember if i invite a purple phantom and kill him i dont get a vertebre shackle(whatever)????

This fucking sucks.Strange though because i definetely remember getting one but there were also other people in the game(red phantoms etc).

brentech

I'm about 7 hours in. Just passed the large crabs and two dark knights or what not. Game is fantastic up to this point. Really enjoying it on PC. Looks great.

Dancer is the worst boss of the game so far. Tried to summon people but everyone has no clue how to fight it and they die within the first minute.

I really enjoyed Dancer, it's so well animated and unpredictable.

If it's any consolation, you can get its armor from the shrine handmaid after you beat it.

Zeliard

Does anyone know if there are still variable parrying windows?

E.g. how does the buckler compare to something like the parrying dagger this time around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom