• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

I thought about using that, but I was on my way to 50 strength to use the
Fume
Ultra Greatsword. Figured I might as well go all the way and it was damn worth.

I haven't found that yet (although I know where it is). The Ultra Machete just really fits my style. Literally only one move but I don't really care because it hits so hard and isn't too slow.

Cool, I've been using the claymore and while I like the damage, it feels a little slow. Would you say the dark sword is faster?

I switched from the Claymore to a Dark Sword because the DS is amazingly fast in comparison. I don't really feel like heavy weapons are super viable in this game right now.

aw man, I just beat the (mid late game spoilers)D
ragon Slayer Armor. He was such a fucking fun fight. Had to throw away my great shield and two hand my great sword. It felt very much like know your iframes the fight. Rolling through his attacks to chip away at his health. Hated the dragon fire or stuff that came down in the second "phase", but I'm so glad I kept trying to beat it. I'm sure I could have beaten it quicker with jolly cooperation, but I felt I needed to do this solo. So cool :D

Just finished the game at SL 81, got the
Lord of Hollows
ending

Now i'll wait for the DLC or start a NG with a STR build

D4F55175C664DA79ED953E132DFBDC190CBF56D8

Jellie

Regarding Anri's quest:
I didn't use any of the levels and the pilgrim was still there for me last night.

How far into the game are you? I think after a point he dies even if he is unused but I might be wrong as I used him early.
EDIT: Just reread. I think the pilgrim mentioned before is a different pilgrim that is an assassin and you are talking about Yoel of Londor who is also a pilgrim?

SkylineRKR

I switched from the Claymore to a Dark Sword because the DS is amazingly fast in comparison. I don't really feel like heavy weapons are super viable in this game right now.

Yeah I tried to do the valley with Black Knight UGS but its just not viable enough. Enemies are faster and relentless, the Dark Sword fucks them up much easier and you'll have easier stamina management.

J-Skee

Sooo... how the hell do you make
the giant arrow stop raining down on you
in S
mouldering
L
ake
?

So image spoilers don't work on mobile, do they?

Fuck. Legitimately upset, time to go wallow with some chick fil a and try to forget I saw that.

in S
mouldering
L
ake
?

Run straight into the lake, and on one of the patches of land the arrow can break the ground, dropping you into a new area. You can work your way through this area until it puts you next to the thing that's shooting the arrows at you.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
in S
mouldering
L
ake
?

Explore the area. Specific:
explore the lower ruins, the dungeon/tunnels. Eventually you'll find a path that leads to the ballista.

usp84

in S
mouldering
L
ake
?

You need to get inside a hole in the middle of the lake or through a path next to the boss fog door and work you way up to stop it

Dragon Slayer Greataxe is probably one of my favorite Boss weapons. So incredibly fast and tons of damage.

If only it's moveset wasn't so vertical in nature.

If you've beaten the C
rystal
S
, you can turn the soul into a weapon that
increases drop rate when held
. Just carry that when you farm and it should show up super quickly.

Thanks for the tip! I just beat
Vordt
today on my lunch break, so I'm still in the earlier stages of the game. I read I can basically make a quick run to the
Farron Perimeter bonfire
now that I have access to the
Undead Settlement
bonfire, so I think I'm going to give that a shot. If I'm not having any success then I may have to come back to it later with stuff to increase the drop rate though.

What's a nice touch is when you
take the coal back to the smith, he comments on the Giant directly. Seems like they were old friends too.

those feels

Oh god I felt so bad since that place looked like it was full of Ash and I was thinking did the MC in DS1 cause his
death
?
Man made be anger kill everything in that place.

Buburibon

Since yesterday there hasn't been much summoning signs or summons for me. Anyone else?(Steam version btw)

Was your account flagged for having "invalid data"? My wife's Japanese Steam account was flagged last night, and today "penalized" for "breaking the terms of online play" even though she never actually played the game. Never even created her first character, mind you.

delume

This is my first Souls game and I am only at a
tree boss
. All I can say (if you havent played a Souls game yet) is that what everyone is saying is true. Incredible game! The sense of foreboding, of genuine exploration with fear and the knowledge every death is preventable through better play is real. After meeting a few NPCs I checked a wiki just to see how deep 'questlines' go. So esoteric but they reward thougt from the player in understanding the world around them. No more spoilers for me.

I still don't fully understand all the mechanics and systems in this game but discovering them is a pleasure. Oh and don't play this game tired. I fell down an elevator shaft 3x last nighht not realising the elevator wasn't there. >.<

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
After finishing Dark Souls III and loving every minute of it I decided to try Dark Souls I and that was a mistake, it's just so bad in comparison. I know I may get death threats for this but hear me out. I think if I could rewind time and play the series in order, without having experienced Bloodborne and Dark Souls III I would have liked it more, but now it just feels really slow and clunky with some truly "anti fun" mechanics (like the curse which halves your HP until you speak to the NPC, I much prefer how it's handled in DS3 or the Ghosts which you can't attack without a cursed weapon or consumable which are expensive for the level and limited). I really, really tried to like it, I have about 10 hours into it but I wasn't having fun for most of that time and now I've just thrown in the towel for good. Also the port isn't good at all even with DSFix. Oh and no fast travel really did rustle my jimmies.

*Begins blocking*

Just beat C
hampion
G
undyr
on my first try. It felt great after taking so long to fight O
ceiros
. And man, was he a great fight, just you and him going mano-a-mano. Puts the
Asylum Demon rehashes in DkSI
to shame, and shows
how to effectively reuse the starter boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom