• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Hesemonni said:
Ok, seriously, fuck Seath.

FUCK SEATH.

...any cheap tactic against him?
Just stay in front of him. Roll out of the crystal breath. Roll back from swipes. Hit his soft belly until he dies. Going behind him is suicide.

Seath is a very easy boss UNTIL you go for his tail to get the sword.

Varna

Mortrialus said:
Yes, but it is very, very rare.

It's probably best to just kill the stray demon and do the Siegmeyer event.

Already did those things. :(

I wanted to at least max out my Elite Knight set, one +15 weapon and one lightning weapon for NG+.

zsswimmer

See You Next Wednesday said:
The Stray demon boss is just plain hard. 2 of his attacks are almost 100% insta-kills.
The strategy to beat him is to not lock on to him & run around him, but you can't always see him when doing that & he can get you off guard/
Yeah I gave up after 10 tries, 5 of those were insta kills about 2 secs into the fight -_-

Septimius

See You Next Wednesday said:
WTF I thought when I join another convent I won't lose the previous ones.
After I joined the Chaos convent, I go back & notice Shiva is gone & his ninja.
I go back to the forest & are now aggressive towards me!

Do I have to pay to absolve my sins to re-renter the Cat covenant or do I just have to get to Alvedia without killing any o the hunters to reenter?

They are aggressive to you whenever you're not in the covenant. Just get to Alvedia and you can re-join. The rule is not to hit them while you're in the covenant.

Guys, I think I screwed up the Sieglinde - Siegmeyer story arch :< I've saved Siegmeyer from Izalith before rescuing Sieglinde. Seems I can't rescue her now. No golden golem :(

ClovingSteam said:
Ugh I cant seem to defeat the Hydra. Ive tried the method of hugging the right side of the hill but still get killed by his waves. Same with going to the waterfall on the left. Im wearing elite knight armor with the ring to increase my carry load by 50%.

HELP

Waves?
You mean his projectile attack?
Just step into the foot of the water, just a foot from the shore & block with a good shield that block 100% damage.
His heads will attack & then get stuck in the ground & he won't shoot at you when you are in the water.

Chop em off one by one. One of the easiest bosses in the game.

ClovingSteam said:
Ugh I cant seem to defeat the Hydra. Ive tried the method of hugging the right side of the hill but still get killed by his waves. Same with going to the waterfall on the left. Im wearing elite knight armor with the ring to increase my carry load by 50%.

HELP

You just have to get in close enough that he stops with the water attacks. Theres a few banks and logs you can safely hide behind, just run from one to the next between shots. Once you're in close just block his head slams and attack the heads before he lifts them up again.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
My Pyro flame is at +15 but talking to Queelana doesn't trigger the flame conversion event, as the guide explained. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm currently going around collecting the Lordvessel's souls. Please don't tell me it's too late.

Ken

Jinfash said:
My Pyro flame is at +15 but talking to Queelana doesn't trigger the flame conversion event, as the guide explained. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm currently going around collecting the Lordvessel's souls. Please don't tell me it's too late.

Modify equipment?

Yoshichan said:
Going at this another round tomorrow, this time I'm following the guide straight up!

Also thought this thread is appropriate to post an update on my finger. It's much, much better now. No infection left, no nothing. I still can't play with it 100% but it shouldn't take any more than 2 weeks to fully heal.

NSFW
http://i.imgur.com/ecFL8.jpg
NSFW

WTF, this made me cringe more than the current scary movie I'm watching

FINALBOSS

Banned
Jinfash said:

I never noticed any event when I did it. You didn't run through Demon Ruins area and shit yet, right? There's a certain boss that if you kill she gets pissed or something.

Dresden

FINALBOSS said:
I never noticed any event when I did it. You didn't run through Demon Ruins area and shit yet, right? There's a certain boss that if you kill she gets pissed or something.
She actually thanks you and gives you a spell, but I think you had to have bought out her inventory + upgraded your flame before heading to Lost Izalith to get the 'quest.'

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
cj_iwakura said:
Took out Ornstein last this time. Your lion armor is mine, dragonboy.
Love it with the ninja ring. I wear it with the gold hemmed hood (or dragon head), posted a bit a while back. Looks so awesome.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ken said:
Modify equipment?
Nothing.

I've completed the first 15 upgrades, but there's still no Queelana Pyro Flame upgrade yet, so I don't understand why it's empty.

Edit:

Laurentius isn't in Firelink anymore... does that mean I upgraded without noticing? since he doesn't leave Firelink until you show him Queelana's flame. I'm gonna check the description of the flame lol.

bj00rn_

Banned
I was kindling a bonfire and was about to level up when the bonfire just stopped working.. After 10 seconds I got the invasion message.. I was a bit annoyed and just unplugged the internet.

And now playing offline with no annoyances :) How come there is no option to turn off online mode btw.. I'm guessing I'm not the first to unplug when invaded..

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
FINALBOSS said:
Which boss are you referring to?

The last time I talked to her was before Demon's Ruin, but I'm going through it right now. In fact, I'm standing in front of the fog door that follows the Stray Demon lookalike, right this instant!

Killed Hydra

Is the cheapest boss fight ever. I was more afraid of drowning in the lake than for the heads. It was quite boring to wait until heads attack and try to hit the heads in time, because the attack behaviour was always the same, but it changed the position depending of the facing of the body, so hitting the last 2 heads has been a boring trial & error without any risk. Quite hilarious to see that even if I standed still, the heads always aimed to a different zone.

sixghost

Jinfash said:
Nothing.

I've completed the first 15 upgrades, but there's still no Queelana Pyro Flame upgrade yet, so I don't understand why it's empty.

Edit:

Laurentius isn't in Firelink anymore... does that mean I upgraded without noticing? since he doesn't leave Firelink until you show him Queelana's flame. I'm gonna check the description of the flame lol.
He leaves when you talk to him with any of Queelana's pyro spells.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just cleared New Londo, and took down the boss. Walked through the fog gate and realized that I only had 1 estus flask left. Luckily I had Iron Flesh queued up, and was able to just tank the boss(es). Last cast of iron flesh wore off as I got the last hit in. Now off to the Archives!

Also, is there any reason not to kill the fire keeper at the Anor Londo bonfire? I would like to upgrade my estus again now that I have more HP.

Aguirre

bj00rn_ said:
I was kindling a bonfire and was about to level up when the bonfire just stopped working.. After 10 seconds I got the invasion message.. I was a bit annoyed and just unplugged the internet.

And now playing offline with no annoyances :) How come there is no option to turn off online mode btw.. I'm guessing I'm not the first to unplug when invaded..
ah come on! a real man welcomes the challenge

BTW, i'm sl49, but still going with drake sword.

I'm not able to find any other useful weapon. Astora's make less than half of the damage, and I still don't know what upgrade in order to have another killing weapon. I'm thinking about upgrading claymore, one handed, because the range is quite good and it has a trust attack, but I'm unsure if I should update any other weapon. Any advise about what to use instead of drake sword?

Aguirre

DangerousDave said:

I'm not able to find any other useful weapon. Astora's make less than half of the damage, and I still don't know what upgrade in order to have another killing weapon. I'm thinking about upgrading claymore, one handed, because the range is quite good and it has a trust attack, but I'm unsure if I should update any other weapon. Any advise about what to use instead of drake sword?
+5 halberd is total death, man

you get range, quickness and its light too

Dresden

DangerousDave said:

Any weapon in the game is going to be better than the drake sword if you upgrade it.

Claymore is a great weapon, it works well for every upgrade.

Septimius

Jinfash said:

What conversion event? Just choose Modify Equipment. Remember that it's not it the first tab in the screen that pops up, but rather on the second tab.

DangerousDave said:

How far along in the game are you? Once you reach Anor Londo's blacksmith, you get access to crazy unique weapons. Quelaag's Furysword is perfect for any DEX build

Aguirre

Dresden said:
Any weapon in the game is going to be better than the drake sword if you upgrade it.

Claymore is a great weapon, it works well for every upgrade.
just out of curiosity, is andre the only person who'll upgrade weps easily? that dickface over at new londo ruins doesn't seem to upgrade fuck all

Septimius

vilmer_ said:
Most definitely worth it. Here's a short trailer for King's Field IV, you can see the influences in Demon's/Dark Souls perfectly :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osOU3lARcVo

Haha, so many things that are so similar to D Souls

Aguirre said:
just out of curiosity, is andre the only person who'll upgrade weps easily? that dickface over at new londo ruins doesn't seem to upgrade fuck all

He's the only one that can modify a +5 weapon into a +6, yeah. But leveling up (not modifying) you can do from any bonfire. But he's the only one that can do +6, +11

Aguirre

Septimius said:
Haha, so many things that are so similar to D Souls

He's the only one that can modify a +5 weapon into a +6, yeah. But leveling up (not modifying) you can do from any bonfire. But he's the only one that can do +6, +11
how?! teach me your ways

Zzoram

Aguirre said:

There are 4 blacksmiths, each does different upgrades but only after you find and give them the required embers.

purg3 said:
Just cleared New Londo, and took down the boss. Walked through the fog gate and realized that I only had 1 estus flask left. Luckily I had Iron Flesh queued up, and was able to just tank the boss(es). Last cast of iron flesh wore off as I got the last hit in. Now off to the Archives!

Also, is there any reason not to kill the fire keeper at the Anor Londo bonfire? I would like to upgrade my estus again now that I have more HP.

The only thing that will happen is that the bonfire there will go out. You can still warp to it, you just can't rest there anymore.

edit: I'm guessing it will count as a sin as well.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Septimius said:
What conversion event? Just choose Modify Equipment. Remember that it's not it the first tab in the screen that pops up, but rather on the second tab.
I remember checking that tab as well, but not finding anything, but I'll go back and double check. Are there any other requirements than upgrading the flame to +15?

sixghost said:
He leaves when you talk to him with any of Queelana's pyro spells.
No wonder he's been gone for a while. Is it worth tracking him down in Blighttown?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Risk Breaker said:
Guys, how would you describe Dark Souls in one short sentence?
Endurance contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom