• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Feels like the upgrade trophies won't be as difficult to get as Demon's Souls, or are there any ridiculously rare items I should be worried about?

mudkyp

cj_iwakura said:
Feels like the upgrade trophies won't be as difficult to get as Demon's Souls, or are there any ridiculously rare items I should be worried about?

If you just want the trophy, there is one slab (aka the rarest material) to pick up per run which makes it pretty easy to all the weapon trophies in two playthroughs. Since you need to go through the game to at least a third playthrough, the weapon trophies are extremely simple to accomplish.

Where does Seig
meyer's daughter go after he gets killed in Lost Izalith? I want to kill her but she wasn't in Ash Lake. does she disappear if he dies in Izalith?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
This may be a very stupid question but hey you guys dealt with worse right? :p Right, so I dunno why but for some reason my attacks aren't doing anything to the Four kings. I'm close to them but I swing and my sword passes right through them or something. Once in a while I get a hit or two and do a 200+ damage but then I swing and swing and swing, nope not hitting them at all! What am I doing wrong, GAF?

EDIT: It's so dark in there that you can't tell if they are right infront of you or not, that's probably why I'm missing them so much.

Is this a glitch? I just fought
ceaseless discharge
, and I got hit by his arm which took 75% of my health even though I was blocking, I took a couple swipes at him which did barely any damage, then did one strong stab with my Astora's Straight Sword +3 and it killed him instantly, draining his entire health bar. I'm level 49 and have pretty low strength(18) if that matters.

Inanna said:
This may be a very stupid question but, hey you guys dealt with worse right? Right, so I dunno why but for some reason my attacks aren't doing anything to the Four kings. I'm close to them but I swing and my sword passes right through them or something. Once in a while I get a hit or two and do a 200+ damage but then swing swing swing, nope not hitting them at all! What am I doing wrong, GAF?

Only thing I can think of is that you're not getting as close to them as you think. Judging distance in the abyss is a pain in the ass. Would often think I was close enough to score hits only to end up swinging at air.

Aguirre said:
so basically, cant upgrade weapons now???

YOU can't, but some of the other smiths can for you. Why you'd kill any smith (especially that one) is a mystery, since no matter what you buy you need a smith to ascend a weapon, and each smith has a specialty. (andre is the only one who can ascend divine, for instance)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
God's Beard said:
ceaseless discharge
, and I got hit by his arm which took 75% of my health even though I was blocking, I took a couple swipes at him which did barely any damage, then did one strong stab with my Astora's Straight Sword +3 and it killed him instantly, draining his entire health bar. I'm level 49 and have pretty low strength(18) if that matters.
I don't think it's a glitch, and neither the doing of your sword; When you're running to the gate with him chasing you, he trips at some point and falls to his death. Weird, I know.

Sullichin

Jinfash said:
I don't think it's a glitch, and neither the doing of your sword; When you're running to the gate with him chasing you, he trips at some point and falls to his death. Weird, I know.

lol really? I killed him normally

yeah i have lost izaliath, new londo ruins, and tomb of giants available to me... i don't think I like any of these areas. :(

Back to Batman.

Is there any reason not to kill Shiva& the ninja after I buy all his unique items?

I read the guide & it shows that you get nothing for leveling up in the Cat Covenant unlike the rest of the covenants.

Is that true or is there still some rewards for staying with them?

See You Next Wednesday said:
Is there any reason not to kill Shiva& the ninja after I buy all his unique items?

I read the guide & it shows that you get nothing for leveling up in the Cat Covenant unlike the rest of the covenants.

Is that true or is there still some rewards for staying with them?

They're the best covenant if all you care about is PVP.

Grinchy

Banned
Dresden said:
It's a gimmick boss, you probably hit his hand when he was clinging to the cliff.
lol and I was dumb enough to fight him properly

I remember the speed run guy punching it to death really fast but I didn't actually how he did it so I just fought the stupid thing

Atomski

Been stuck on the Anor Londo bosses forever. First stage is easy but I just cant beat it after that. I am using the lightning spear so I imagine thats the reason. What weapon/enchant should I be using as a str based character at this point?

test_account

XP-39C²
Is it possible to get the platinum trophy on one playthrough? I'm on NG+ now, but i see that there are so many spells etc. that i dont have, and i'm under the impression that you need to do certain tasks to get certain NPCs to appear.

test_account said:
Is it possible to get the platinum trophy on one playthrough? I'm on NG+ now, but i see that there are so many spells etc. that i dont have, and i'm under the impression that you need to do certain tasks to get certain NPCs to appear.

You need a minimum of three play throughs to get platinum.

Where do I find the ring that boosts item discovery? I'm finding that my usual farming spot for humanity is only dropping one like every ten-fifteen runs now :/

d0c_zaius

sorry for this dumb question but,

how do I buy doubles of a spell? Once I buy it, its gone from the shopkeeper.

I already beat the game with straight melee, but I started over with a magic based character.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
test_account said:
Not possible, sorry.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Septimius said:
What conversion event? Just choose Modify Equipment. Remember that it's not it the first tab in the screen that pops up, but rather on the second tab.
Herp derp. I went there and indeed found it in the second tab. I also realized that I saw it there before, but decided against it, thinking it's a downgrade since the name remains the same. But upon checking the stats and description, it's definitely Queelana's Pyro Flame.

Now, which Izalith boss halts her cooperation upon defeat? I've still got ways to go before fully upgrading the new Glove.

Ken

DigitalDevil said:
Where do I find the ring that boosts item discovery? I'm finding that my usual farming spot for humanity is only dropping one like every ten-fifteen runs now :/

In Sen's Fortress. Have to play around with the boulder machine so that it breaks a wall that leads to the room with the ring.

d0c_zaius said:
sorry for this dumb question but,

how do I buy doubles of a spell? Once I buy it, its gone from the shopkeeper.

I already beat the game with straight melee, but I started over with a magic based character.

Other merchants might carry an extra copy of the spell.

Jinfash said:
Now, which Izalith boss halts her cooperation upon defeat? I've still got ways to go before fully upgrading the new Glove.

I think someone said it's
Bed of Chaos. Makes sense I guess since she created the Bed of Chaos.

Bwahah I love how you can skip Depths and 5fpstown almost entirely on NG+. Completed the game earlier today and already getting my ass kicked by Ornstein & Smough on NG+. So many rage cigarette breaks..
So damn close though.

test_account

XP-39C²
Mortrialus said:
You need a minimum of three play throughs to get platinum.
Ok :/ I wont be trying to get the platinum trophy with the first then, it takes too much time for me right now. I guess that i can always use the Dragonhead soul glitch, upgrade my character a lot and just rush through the game though. But that will be for another time. Thanks for the info :)

Aguirre

Manmademan said:
YOU can't, but some of the other smiths can for you. Why you'd kill any smith (especially that one) is a mystery, since no matter what you buy you need a smith to ascend a weapon, and each smith has a specialty. (andre is the only one who can ascend divine, for instance)
i've killed a lot of npcs. i can't help it, i have these urges that need satisfied.

are the protectors of alvin or whatever they are called alway there? or when you defeat the
wolf
do they disappear??

test_account said:
No. my understanding is that because of the weapon trophy the minimum number of playthroughs is 3.5

Aguirre said:
i've killed a lot of npcs. i can't help it, i have these urges that need satisfied.

are the protectors of alvin or whatever they are called alway there? or when you defeat the
wolf
do they disappear??
Yes they are always there, they respawn, in fact that's the best farming spot early game, 6000 souls every 90 second or so.

sephi22

jM1kk.jpg

YUSSS!!
GG, DS-GAF.

Misterinenja said:
Bwahah I love how you can skip Depths and 5fpstown almost entirely on NG+. Completed the game earlier today and already getting my ass kicked by Ornstein & Smough on NG+. So many rage cigarette breaks..
So damn close though.

Shortcuts, gotta love em.

ShaneB

So I'm at the "bottom" of Blighttown I guess. Big swamp area, and I found the bonfire, am I suppose to go back up the shortcut wheel thing, or does the swamp lead to areas ala that area in Demon's Souls?

God's Beard said:
ceaseless discharge

It's as gimmick type fight. He falls to his doom when you whack his hand enough.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Holy Shit. Dragon's Great Axe +2 demolished Sen's Fortress boss. Wow. That special attack is no joke. Landed in Anor Lando, survived long enough to find a bonfire. Whew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom