• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

MuddyDonut said:
Same here and after hearing how bad it was I was terrified for that part, but did the same as you and wondered what the big deal was. Same for Blighttown as well, not that bad...

Yeah, Blighttown was more cool than hard. Some parts were tricky (The Great Hollow irked), I really haven't had many issues since. Bosses in particular I'm on a 1st try streak of 4 in a row.

maomaoIYP said:
I get a lot of hate messages for punishing sinners though.

Also for some reason, sinners like to stay in human form and go AFK. I met two of those last night back to back. Just standing at the bonfire not doing anything. I punished them for their sins appropriately.

Probably just people assuming they're safe at a bonfire when they go afk. I know I used to think that until I started getting invaded at them.

mudkyp

maomaoIYP said:
I get a lot of hate messages for punishing sinners though.

Also for some reason, sinners like to stay in human form and go AFK. I met two of those last night back to back. Just standing at the bonfire not doing anything. I punished them for their sins appropriately.

If they are giving you hate messages for punishing them, then that is just further proof of their guilt :D

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
AlphaDragoon said:
As for the storyline,
I see it as a similar situation to Soma in Castlevania. Just because the power is Dark doesn't make the user evil. The user makes the user evil.

As for Gwyn, him and his are all exactly like the Greek gods as opposed to some black and white, good and evil situation...meaning they're self-serving assholes (except for Gwynevere who we never even really get to meet) and they deserve all they get for screwing over the dragons to stay in power then locking your character away for what they hoped to be the end of your days because you had enough power to challenge them. Bring on the Age of Man.

You can take the approach that something being Dark does not necessarily mean that it's evil, but the game uses the concept of something being aligned with the Dark sparingly, and when it does use it it portrays it as a very bad thing. The only time it isn't portrayed as such is when Kaathe is trying to convince you to bring about the Age of Dark. Kaathe, let us recall, is the effective leader of a group of guys in skull masks who go around murdering people with magical hands that steal their victim's humanity, a group so generally wretched and awful that a bunch of pacifist sorcerers decided that it was better to annihilate a thriving city full of innocents rather than allow them to continue to exist. And these are the shining exemplars of Kaathe's philosophy who he hoped would some day become the rulers of the world.

Gwyndolin is heavily implied to have enacted a bit of a coup after the departure of Gwyn, it's true, but I think that, sticking purely to the information contained within the game, he is the lesser of two evils by at least an order of magnitude.

But personally, I'm taking the third option and sticking with the Viva Queen Gwynevere ending as the best possible outcome.

scy

abstract alien said:
I tried that, and the aggro he pulled was pretty good, but since I get killed in two hits, I keep dying :^/

Watch the fight better, I'd say. She has motions to basically everything she does. At close range (and slightly to her side so her fire whips whiff), the only attack you really fear is when she bends over and caresses the spider. Run the fuck away as that's the point-blank explosion. Keep close to her and she shouldn't ever actually hit you.

If you have it, the Dragon Crest Shield does a good job of blocking her attacks so you can use that to approach her. Once you get to the safe spots for the fight, it's rather easy.

As for the Hydra, the hardest part of the fight is approaching it. Once you're at the shore, just block, wait for the heads to attack you, and then chop them down. It gets a little iffy near the end just because where they may land but just have patience as you really shouldn't ever get hurt. Be wary of where you walk, though, as the entire area directly around the Hydra is an endless black pit of death ... but, besides that, it's not too bad.

If you don't have it, the Rusted Iron Ring from
revisiting the Asylum with the Key found in Firelink Shrine
makes the walking around the Hydra a lot easier.

I wanted to punish sinners too but then I made the mistake of wanting to say what's up to Gwyndolin.

In the item description for the invasion ring he gives you, looking on him is equivalent to blasphemy.

ixix said:
You can take the approach that something being Dark does not necessarily mean that it's evil, but the game uses the concept of something being aligned with the Dark sparingly, and when it does use it it portrays it as a very bad thing. The only time it isn't portrayed as such is when Kaathe is trying to convince you to bring about the Age of Dark. Kaathe, let us recall, is the effective leader of a group of guys in skull masks who go around murdering people with magical hands that steal their victim's humanity, a group so generally wretched and awful that a bunch of pacifist sorcerers decided that it was better to annihilate a thriving city full of innocents rather than allow them to continue to exist. And these are the shining exemplars of Kaathe's philosophy who he hoped would some day become the rulers of the world.

Gwyndolin is heavily implied to have enacted a bit of a coup after the departure of Gwyn, it's true, but I think that, sticking purely to the information contained within the game, he is the lesser of two evils by at least an order of magnitude.

But personally, I'm taking the third option and sticking with the Viva Queen Gwynevere ending as the best possible outcome.

The primary argument about the darkness most likely being evil falls apart due to one reason: The player. Even after joining the Darkwraiths, you don't necessarily go around murdering the other, friendly characters in the game. You don't even need to use the Red Eye Orbs to invade and kill. It's all up to you on how you use your powers obtained from him.

scy said:
Watch the fight better, I'd say. She has motions to basically everything she does. At close range (and slightly to her side so her fire whips whiff), the only attack you really fear is when she bends over and caresses the spider. Run the fuck away as that's the point-blank explosion. Keep close to her and she shouldn't ever actually hit you.

If you have it, the Dragon Crest Shield does a good job of blocking her attacks so you can use that to approach her. Once you get to the safe spots for the fight, it's rather easy.

As for the Hydra, the hardest part of the fight is approaching it. Once you're at the shore, just block, wait for the heads to attack you, and then chop them down. It gets a little iffy near the end just because where they may land but just have patience as you really shouldn't ever get hurt. Be wary of where you walk, though, as the entire area directly around the Hydra is an endless black pit of death ... but, besides that, it's not too bad.

If you don't have it, the Rusted Iron Ring from
revisiting the Asylum with the Key found in Firelink Shrine
makes the walking around the Hydra a lot easier.
Followed all the advice in the thread. Beat her without getting hit lol. You guys are amazing!

ixix

Mortrialus said:
The primary argument about the darkness most likely being evil falls apart due to one reason: The player. Even after joining the Darkwraiths, you don't necessarily go around murdering the other, friendly characters in the game. You don't even need to use the Red Eye Orbs to invade and kill. It's all up to you on how you use your powers obtained from him.

But if you're not murdering, invading, killing, and draining humanity you're not using the powers he gives you for good, you're not using the powers he gives you at all. The things Kaathe gives you ain't morally ambiguous tools which serve as a reflection of your inner character. There's no way to use them and still be a good person.

The Dark Hand can give you Humanity and stop you from going Hollow!

... by stealing Humanity from innocents and making them go Hollow. Note that the only NPCs that you can steal Humanity from using the Dark Hand are the ones that are non-hostile to you.

The Red Eye Orb can give you souls to make you stronger!

... by invading the world of someone else, murdering them, and stealing their souls. Though I suppose you can (and I have!) use it to invade someones world then dance and emote at them a lot. Kind of at loggerheads to its intended purpose, however, and in most jurisdictions that is considered harassment and/or stalking, depending on the severity and frequency of its occurrence.

The Dark Armor can protect you on your quest!

... it is made out of bones and it makes you look like Death. Also: it is a terrible piece of armor. I can't say I blame Kaathe for this, per se, because he obviously has a bone surplus to work with, but I think it portrays him as a bit of an over-dramatic skinflint.

The Dark Sword can smite your enemies!

... okay, it's just a sword. Kaathe gets partial credit for sticking to the basics on this one.

So you join the Darkwraiths, rank up by using a socially-acceptable means of gathering Humanity like skeleton baby murder, and Kaathe gives you all the goodies. You then never use them. Good for you! You're a good person!

... but what about the dude who is doling that shit out like it was expired candy?

ixix said:
But if you're not murdering, invading, killing, and draining humanity you're not using the powers he gives you for good, you're not using the powers he gives you at all. The things Kaathe gives you ain't morally ambiguous tools which serve as a reflection of your inner character. There's no way to use them and still be a good person.

The Dark Hand can give you Humanity and stop you from going Hollow!

... by stealing Humanity from innocents and making them go Hollow. Note that the only NPCs that you can steal Humanity from using the Dark Hand are the ones that are non-hostile to you.

The Red Eye Orb can give you souls to make you stronger!

... by invading the world of someone else, murdering them, and stealing their souls. Though I suppose you can (and I have!) use it to invade someones world then dance and emote at them a lot. Kind of at loggerheads to its intended purpose, however, and in most jurisdictions that is considered harassment and/or stalking, depending on the severity and frequency of its occurrence.

The Dark Armor can protect you on your quest!

... it is made out of bones and it makes you look like Death. Also: it is a terrible piece of armor. I can't say I blame Kaathe for this, per se, because he obviously has a bone surplus to work with, but I think it portrays him as a bit of an over-dramatic skinflint.

The Dark Sword can smite your enemies!

... okay, it's just a sword. Kaathe gets partial credit for sticking to the basics on this one.

So you join the Darkwraiths, rank up by using a socially-acceptable means of gathering Humanity like skeleton baby murder, and Kaathe gives you all the goodies. You then never use them. Good for you! You're a good person!

... but what about the dude who is doling that shit out like it was expired candy?

The thing is, part of it is purely made for gameplay's sake.

I'm pretty damn sure that in reality if you obtained the power to suck the life out of your enemies you could use it on whoever you felt like, not just Johnny Innocent Bystander. I think the only reason you can't use it to Soul Steal normal enemies is because it would simply mess up the Humanity system in-game. Run around and jack Humanity from every enemy you fight, get to 99 really, REALLY quickly.

In addition, if you obtain the Dark Hand he's simply unlocking the power that is dormant inside your character and by all rights yours, to do with as you wish. So you can choose to unlock your full power and not use it to be a dick, in the same way you could become Lord of Cinder and still be a dick.

tokkun

AlphaDragoon said:
Lightning Iaito +5 will wreck shop. It's the weapon I use, outdoes my Iaito +15 in most situations and I have 42 DEX.

They really need to launch that patch to fix scaling, speaking of which.

I find that it doesn't do that much damage in PVP except at low level unless you use Hornet Ring and backstab. If you're using normal attacks, an opponent with high poise can just chug an Estus and regain more health than you will take off wailing on him during the process.

tokkun said:
I find that it doesn't do that much damage in PVP except at low level unless you use Hornet Ring and backstab. If you're using normal attacks, an opponent with high poise can just chug an Estus and regain more health than you will take off wailing on him during the process.

For PVP I use my Iaito+15. It's better in most cases of PVP to do a single damage type, I find.

sleepykyo

Not really sure anyone is particularly good. Judging from the 2:45 or so, it seems that the Dark is the actual end of the Age of Fire and civilization. Not sure how that the Age of Dark is the age of Man.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylFzJ3wRgHw[/youtube]

The opening narrator is probably more trustworthy than anyone in Dark Souls anyway.

ixix

AlphaDragoon said:
The thing is, part of it is purely made for gameplay's sake.

I'm pretty damn sure that in reality if you obtained the power to suck the life out of your enemies you could use it on whoever you felt like, not just Johnny Innocent Bystander. I think the only reason you can't use it to Soul Steal normal enemies is because it would simply mess up the Humanity system in-game. Run around and jack Humanity from every enemy you fight, get to 99 really, REALLY quickly.

In addition, if you obtain the Dark Hand he's simply unlocking the power that is dormant inside your character and by all rights yours, to do with as you wish. So you can choose to unlock your full power and not use it to be a dick, in the same way you could become Lord of Cinder and still be a dick.

Now, I want to be clear that I'm not saying that
Kaathe
is the bad guy, I'm just saying that the game consistently portrays everything even tangentially associated with him as unremittingly awful, reprehensible, unconscionable, and loathsome.

sleepykyo said:
Not really sure anyone is particularly good. Judging from the 2:45 or so, it seems that the Dark is the actual end of the Age of Fire and civilization. Not sure how that the Age of Dark is the age of Man.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylFzJ3wRgHw[/youtube]

The opening narrator is probably more trustworthy than anyone in Dark Souls anyway.

Basically, the Age of Fire is really the Age of Gods, where gods hold the power and dominion over the world. The Age of Dark is the Age of Men, because the gods no longer hold power and the humans do instead.

I see it as Age of Fire = Greek Olympian era, Age of Dark = nod to the actual Dark Ages, no higher power in control.

ixix said:
Kaathe
is the bad guy, I'm just saying that the game consistently portrays everything even tangentially associated with him as unremittingly awful, reprehensible, unconscionable, and loathsome.

Yeah, I get what you mean, I do. But the way I see it, most of the "good guys" you meet
are lying to your face about what's really happening, who's to say they aren't lying about the Dark? The same way they said that Dragons are evil abominable monsters when really they just kinda act like normal creatures who need to eat stuff, and the one Dragon you meet that is from the Age of Mist is a downright cool dude who lets you chop off his tail without any repercussion and join his Dragon club.

Hell, Priscilla is an "abomination" because she's half Dragon yet she's the only boss in the game who gives you the choice to fight or leave in peace. More like, she's an abomination because she can kill the gods so they spread all these stories about how "evil" she is. Kind of like how they throw your character in an Asylum to rot because of the very same reason. Hmm.

sleepykyo

abstract alien said:
Ceaseless Discharge
. I'm going to just grab this armor, die, and leave you alone for the time being...

Just fought him today using pure melee. Easy one of the most infuriating matches between getting tossed into the lava, getting knocked into the lava while blocking, and even the camera itself is a huge enemy in this boss fight.

Crap.. 70 hours in and only just finishing with Anor Londo.

Looks like I'm off to New Londo now.

I'm still amazed at how much time I've spent with this game, and all that I have yet to experience.

sleepykyo

AlphaDragoon said:
Basically, the Age of Fire is really the Age of Gods, where gods hold the power and dominion over the world. The Age of Dark is the Age of Men, because the gods no longer hold power and the humans do instead.

I see it as Age of Fire = Greek Olympian era, Age of Dark = nod to the actual Dark Ages, no higher power in control.

I can see the parallels but
the player ends becoming a Lord as well and there is no indication that the curse is broken. This isn't about humans holding power, it is one individual choosing to become ruler of dying world rather the sacrifice to preserve the world that imprisoned him/her

Sarcasm

I was exploring fire shrine and I found like 7 chests that I had to jump down to. One chest was over-looking the graveyard. What is this area and how do you even get there normally? It had a morning star, talisman, and other items..anything good?

Sullichin said:
stuck on the last boss, of course :(

Wow found him really easy. Just hid behind the pillars and spammed Pyro spells. Kind of felt bad about it, but it worked. Much easier than the last boss of Demon's Souls which had no pillars and I couldn't beat without phantoms. Also took 3 Soul Levels from me! Glad they got rid of that crap!

Cloudius12 said:
I do have them, I believe they do not have as much stability as an eagle shield nor have to ability to keep some enemies attack from bouncing off of it.

I never tried upgrading it however, but my point on deflecting attack stands.

Wolf shield is the best in the game IMO. If you can level up to use it, it's stability is ridiculous. I sat there with against bosses taking shot after shot without losing a hit point.

sleepykyo said:
Just fought him today using pure melee. Easy one of the most infuriating matches between getting tossed into the lava, getting knocked into the lava while blocking, and even the camera itself is a huge enemy in this boss fight.
Thanks for the heads up. Ill leave him alone for now lol

Aselith

Sarcasm said:
I was exploring fire shrine and I found like 7 chests that I had to jump down to. One chest was over-looking the graveyard. What is this area and how do you even get there normally? It had a morning star, talisman, and other items..anything good?

Jump down the elevator shaft.

sixghost

ixix said:
Kaathe
Maybe this is simplistic way of viewing it, but I sort of default to thinking Kaathe is telling the truth just because there is an absence of evidence that he's lying or trying to trick you.

The other side in the situation gets exposed pretty harshly as being deceptive at the very least.

Kaathe certainly surrounds himself with some shit, but he does mention how the darkwraiths are considered failures. Most of what he does and says seems to be focused on assisting the humans/undead so that eventually they will end the Age of Fire.

That just seems like the more likely fit for the good ending, as isn't it mentioned that the Dark Soul is unique in that it gets more powerful as the first flame gets weaker? And that's why Gwyn tried is so afraid of humans/undead? The whole establishment of Anor Londo and the Lord Souls just seems completely at odds with the rise of humanity, which seems like more than enough to make them the evil side.

sleepykyo said:
I can see the parallels but
the player ends becoming a Lord as well and there is no indication that the curse is broken. This isn't about humans holding power, it is one individual choosing to become ruler of dying world rather the sacrifice to preserve the world that imprisoned him/her

This reminds me of a very similar game series in which the main character is given the choice of either sacrificing himself to save the world, or to rule the world in its corruption and decent. Cough, cough, Legacy of Kain. Turns out the latter choice was the first step towards fixing everything, and that sacrificing himself would have been an even greater catastrophe.

Anyone know if the Barbed Sword is supposed to be a guaranteed drop the first time you fight BP Leroy in the Depths? I'm just trying to get my rare weapons achievement and it looks like this game just forced me into another freaking playthrough. I was rolling with 99 Humanity, with the Gold Serpent Ring...and nothing. So freaking frustrating.

sixghost said:
Maybe this is simplistic way of viewing it, but I sort of default to thinking Kaathe is telling the truth just because there is an absence of evidence that he's lying or trying to trick you.

The other side in the situation gets exposed pretty harshly as being deceptive at the very least.

Kaathe certainly surrounds himself with some shit, but he does mention how the darkwraiths are considered failures. Most of what he does and says seems to be focused on assisting the humans/undead so that eventually they will end the Age of Fire.

That just seems like the more likely fit for the good ending, as isn't it mentioned that the Dark Soul is unique in that it gets more powerful as the first flame gets weaker? And that's why Gwyn tried is so afraid of humans/undead? The whole establishment of Anor Londo and the Lord Souls just seems completely at odds with the rise of humanity, which seems like more than enough to make them the evil side.

This is basically how I feel about it.
There's no proof anywhere in the game that Kaathe is trying to deceive you and he says flat out that he's going to tell you the truth of what's happening. But there's a shitload of proof that the gods were lying to you to make you scapegoat no. 2 for them to remain in power.

In addition, the way the endings play out is almost exactly like Demon's Souls: Do something (in this game, hit the button to link the Fire, in Demon's Souls hit the button to attack the Maiden), get the crappy ending. Do nothing and walk away, get the good ending.

abstract alien said:
Thanks for the heads up. Ill leave him alone for now lol

There is a really easy way to beat ceaseless discharge. I would normally advise against cheesing a boss but fighting him normally isn't much fun so you wouldn't be missing much. Anyway:

Run back to the fog gate at the beginning, wait for him to come to you then whack his hand a couple of times. YOU DEFEATED! Apparently me may fall to his death without you even hitting his hand but I've not seen that.

I havent tried it yet cause Im waiting for the patch, but is it possible to have a pvp "combo" where you knock them down with force, and then cast chaos firestorm/fire tempest or whatever else? i havent tried any of these spells myself.. so what do you guys think? Feel free to sub other spells if you think they would work better.

Haunted

KoreanBarbecue said:
Anyone know if the Barbed Sword is supposed to be a guaranteed drop the first time you fight BP Leroy in the Depths? I'm just trying to get my rare weapons achievement and it looks like this game just forced me into another freaking playthrough. I was rolling with 99 Humanity, with the Gold Serpent Ring...and nothing. So freaking frustrating.
Not a guaranteed drop. I think one GAFer said earlier in the thread that he had to play through NG++++ or something ludicrous like that to finally have it drop and get his trophy.

JVIDICAN

My Sunlight Paladin. :p
RjeMx.jpg

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me that Priscilla is
Seath's daughter.

1. Same coloration: both are white, scaleless dragonoids.

2. Both have ice-related powers, although admittedly Seath's lean more mineral crystal.

3. Seath is established as an amoral monster who routinely kidnaps and experiments on people, and specifically human women. Whose to say one of his experiments wasn't creating a human/dragon hybrid child just to see what happens? This doesn't mean Priscilla is a "natural" child, for obvious logistical reasons, but considering Seath is directly stated as being capable of creating life from scratch magically, creating a hybrid should be easy for him.

4. She's implied to be relatively young, possibly coming into existence while the First Flame was still burning and Gwyn was in power, as she's imprisoned in a massive, specially-made painting in the Royal Castle.

5. That she's alive at all implies that she's related to a member of Gwyn's court, as if she wasn't, Gwyn would have just had her killed outright for being part dragon- especially because of the Lifehunt. Seath, being Seath, managed to convince Gwyn to keep her alive but in exile, either out of genuine caring (not likely, as he's a bastard who doesn't care about anyone but himself) or so he can run more experiments on her when he thinks of something. The environment of the painting also suits her and complements her abilities perfectly; if Gwyn wanted to be a dick, he could have made her prison painting a river of lava, but he gives her something that she seems to be perfectly OK with.

Aselith

KoreanBarbecue said:

Or you could just not get the achievement. Just throwing that out there.

Is it just me or is Demon Souls to Dark Souls, is the same from Castlevania 1 to Castlevania 2 Simons Quest. You have both the first games starting off with levels, and the second game in the series goes to to a more open world approach. Then add the fact that second game in these series both seem to freaking be a bit more obscure or have things unexplained in the sequels more so then in the first game. Granted Demon Souls still had alot of this but I feel Dark Souls takes it a step even further. Hell even some things done in the first of the series was done better then in the second, but in the sequels some of the other differences are awesome. Just a funny observation and one I've been thinking about for awhile now.

Thagomizer said:
The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me that Priscilla is
Seath's daughter.

1. Same coloration: both are white, scaleless dragonoids.

2. Both have ice-related powers, although admittedly Seath's lean more mineral crystal.

3. Seath is established as an amoral monster who routinely kidnaps and experiments on people, and specifically human women. Whose to say one of his experiments wasn't creating a human/dragon hybrid child just to see what happens? This doesn't mean Priscilla is a "natural" child, for obvious logistical reasons, but considering Seath is directly stated as being capable of creating life from scratch magically, creating a hybrid should be easy for him.

4. She's implied to be relatively young, possibly coming into existence while the First Flame was still burning and Gwyn was in power, as she's imprisoned in a massive, specially-made painting in the Royal Castle.

5. That she's alive at all implies that she's related to a member of Gwyn's court, as if she wasn't, Gwyn would have just had her killed outright for being part dragon- especially because of the Lifehunt. Seath, being Seath, managed to convince Gwyn to keep her alive but in exile, either out of genuine caring (not likely, as he's a bastard who doesn't care about anyone but himself) or so he can run more experiments on her when he thinks of something. The environment of the painting also suits her and complements her abilities perfectly; if Gwyn wanted to be a dick, he could have made her prison painting a river of lava, but he gives her something that she seems to be perfectly OK with.

I agree with the overall speculation, but
Priscilla has scales. You can see them on her neck if look closely.
Overall though, this makes a lot of sense to me.

Zzoram

goodfella said:
I just got invaded by a guy and I could not lock on to him!

Is this a thing?

Or some rare glitch I encountered?

Better practice your melee without lock on. It's not too hard, but that Fog Ring breaking lock on is pretty damn annoying.

maomaoIYP

KoreanBarbecue said:

You mean Kirk?

You don't need the barbed sword for the achievement. I never had it, I have all achievements.

Zzoram

KoreanBarbecue said:
Got a question for folks. I'm trying to get one more Red Titanite Slab and I see the wiki/official guide listing that I can trade a Pyromancy Flame to the Sparkly for one. Is this the base, non-upgraded one? In my last playthrough I tried to trade a max Quelana Pyromancy Flame, but she wouldn't take it. Any help is appreciated!

it's the ascended pyromancy flame for a slab

normal flame is only for a chunk

sixghost said:

The thing about his Darkwraiths is that he keeps doing it until he happens to get lucky with the player character, but doesn't really seem all that shook up about it. He pretty much goes, "yeah, their fault" and moves on to the next one. I really don't buy his story that they went mad with power on their own terms and he had nothing to do with it.

Basically, I feel that Gwyn and Gwyndolin specifically are the problem here, not the Age of Fire. They are power hungry tools, sure, but the Darksign is also not their fault and caused more ruin to the country than the waning of the First Flame ever did- it's hard to run a country when most of it is going stark bonkers.

Basically, while Kaathe would definitely be the good guy by default in most situations- La Resistance and all that- his methods are questionable and there's no indication that anything will or even could get better in the Age of Man, except that humans are now in charge, fat lot of good it will do if the Darksign is still around.

It's really a situation where everything is fucked and one side is more concerned with saving their own asses and the other is evil, but hey, he's honest about it.

Zzoram

Wizpig said:
Yes, i basically sent him Xbox live messages saying "try here", but he couldn't find anything.
I couldn't either.
I'm pretty sure servers are worldwide -- an italian friend of mine said he played with a UK player -- but...

Yeah, i got the drake sword, or i probably would still be at the beginning.

the servers are definitely worldwide, I get Japanese players in my game at times

Did you try to keep putting down new white soapstone signs? If he can't see your sign, put down a new one. Each new one you put down randomly assigns you to another lobby. Eventually you'll luck into his lobby. Make sure you're within 10% of the level of the HOST (the human player waiting to see your sign).

Zzoram

anddo0 said:
Can someone list the differences between the two Greatsword of Artorias swords?

I think I just got jerked. I have two Greatsword of Artorias. One has a magic property the other does not. I'm try to get the weapons trophy, did a check list and it appears I have everything, but yet no trophy. The Greatsword of Artorias is the only thing I can think of that screwed me over.

edit: one of the Greatsword of Artorias is black and the other is silver.

you need both versions to get the weapons trophy

Do you have a Channeler's Trident? That's needed for the trophy and often forgotten. You get it from those mages with the trident in Duke's Archives. It's usually a bitch to farm.

Zzoram

anddo0 said:
My game is glitched then. I went up and down that list. I have every weapon in the game. :(

Are they all on your body, or in your bottomless box? Try withdrawing all the weapons and holding them on your body?

Sullichin

I'm assuming I got the bad ending because it was like 10 seconds long.
all I did was walk out of the room. I guess I missed out on a choice somewhere

I hated that final boss, I had so many attempts where I got it down to almost no health, just needed one more hit, and died.

wound up using iron flesh and mostly parrying.

Air Zombie Meat said:
There is a really easy way to beat ceaseless discharge. I would normally advise against cheesing a boss but fighting him normally isn't much fun so you wouldn't be missing much. Anyway:

Run back to the fog gate at the beginning, wait for him to come to you then whack his hand a couple of times. YOU DEFEATED! Apparently me may fall to his death without you even hitting his hand but I've not seen that.
Ha! I am so going to do this. That bastard roasted my honey ass and he must pay...

Zzoram

Lionheart1827 said:
So when you go New Game + do you get more souls for killing enemies or are they just harder? Also, does the prices at vendors increased or do they stay the same?

enemies do ~40% more damage, HP is potentially increased more than 40%

enemies drop like 5x the souls they used to

vendor prices stay the same as NG

Zzoram

Mortrialus said:
Sunbro seems too jolly to be a god of war. He also has respect for the player.

That could be a result of the humbling lesson of losing godhood. Also, he seems pretty sad when you talk to him at the Altar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom