• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GqueB.

Banned
TommyT said:
Which move? I didn't think he had anything you couldn't avoid. The ground stab thing is really hard to get the timing on though.
The one where he sends souls at you. He has to bend down to do it and I got stuck in the corner.

Edit: lol totally quoted the wrong person. But yea I realized last night that you CAN block that move. I think you have to use a shield thats high in magic? I was using the crystal ring shield.

Kazzy

Does anyone know the particulars regarding the Crystal caves/The Duke's Archives...

I know Big Hat Logan turns hollow eventually, but the two key events are killing Seath the Scaleless and buying all his spells. I assume I can kill Seath and Logan will still be alive for me to buy up all his spells in that case?

Also Seath seems an absolute pushover, I quickly whittled him down to half health before remembering to take off his tail for the weapon, but I got killed trying to do this. Anyone have an easy way to get his tail off?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Watanabe Kazuma said:
Does anyone know the particulars regarding the Crystal caves/The Duke's Archives...

I know Big Hat Logan turns hollow eventually, but the two key events are killing Seath the Scaleless and buying all his spells. I assume I can kill Seath and Logan will still be alive for me to buy up all his spells in that case?

Also Seath seems an absolute pushover, I quickly whittled him down to half health before remembering to take off his tail for the weapon, but I got killed trying to do this. Anyone have an easy way to get his tail off?

No, buy all the spells before killing that boss. After the boss is dead that NPC will be where he is..but not the same..cough..

As for the tail, go light equip, lure him all the way to one side of the cave and when he roars for his crystal sprint around. You should just hit the tip in time. You really can't get hit so go 2 handed. Don't hit the tail when it's in the wall, just lure him to the entrance/where the crystal is and make him do a 360 so his tail is always in the center of the room. It must be the tippy tip of the big center one.

Also I dunno if this is a patch thing, but I never had to loot his or Priscilla's from their tails, it automatically entered my inventory on cutting it off.

worldrevolution said:
No, buy all the spells before killing that boss. After the boss is dead that NPC will be where he is..but not the same..cough..

Completely wrong. He will ONLY go Hollow once you buy the spells, and when he does, it's in a completely different part of the Archives.

If you kill Seath without freeing him, he'll escape on his own, so don't even worry about it.

Booshka

Watanabe Kazuma said:

I would suggest buying all of his spells before you kill
Seath

A good way to get his tail off
is to wait next to the crystal that grants him invincibility and let him attack it himself. Just stay close to the crystal until he starts winding up his attack, then run to the right and behind him and he will be stunned after he destroys the crystal. Then you can attack the tip of the tail and get hopefully enough hits in to hit it off.
Make sure you grab the item quick as it will go flying around with the tail if he attacks near it, making it more challenging to get to.

Minamu

Booshka said:
You can check the Book of the Guilty to see how many times you have been indicted.
Oh right, haven't tried that one since the release for it gave me an error message when it tried to find a player list xD

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Thagomizer said:
Completely wrong. He will ONLY go Hollow once you buy the spells, and when he does, it's in a completely different part of the Archives.

If you kill Seath without freeing him, he'll escape on his own, so don't even worry about it.

After Seath was dead, he was still in the library but already demented, he would not sell any items. This is before going upstairs, not hollow yet. Why I suggested making sure you buy first. Perhaps you're right though, if you leave items unbought that is.

Booshka said:
Make sure you grab the item quick as it will go flying around with the tail if he attacks near it, making it more challenging to get to.

So this is a patch thing huh..I never had to deal with looting the weapons from their tails. Good to know.

worldrevolution said:
After Seath was dead, he was still in the library but already demented, he would not sell any items. This is before going upstairs, not hollow yet. Why I suggested making sure you buy first. Perhaps you're right though, if you leave items unbought that is.

So this is a patch thing huh..I never had to deal with looting the weapons from their tails. Good to know.

I didn't free him, and after killing Seath, he was in the library and right as rain until I bought all the sorceries.

I'm an expert

Thagomizer said:
I didn't free him, and after killing Seath, he was in the library and right as rain until I bought all the sorceries.

why didnt you free him >=|

worldrevolution said:
why didnt you free him >=|

To be honest, I forgot.

Also, really wish you could reorder the rings. It's a pain in the ass going for the stamina regen ring when you've had the Darkmoon ring on.

I'm an expert

tokkun said:
Today I backstabbed a guy while he was talking to the Giant Blacksmith. I knew you'd appreciate it.

Seriously, I pvped about 5 hours through the night (now 830AM here) and only one person bowed, I remember him because I invaded him about 3x and he had a great magic build. Everyone else, I shit you not, had at least 1 white phantom with them and would rush you immediately. They were not playing around. Glitching the center elevator, having one snipe spawning invaders from afar..some sick shit..no honor! Nora would have had a very long no respect list.

worldrevolution said:
Seriously, I pvped about 5 hours through the night (now 830AM here) and only one person bowed, I remember him because I invaded him about 3x and he had a great magic build. Everyone else, I shit you not, had at least 1 white phantom with them and would rush you immediately. They were not playing around. Glitching the center elevator, having one snipe spawning invaders from afar..some sick shit..no honor! Nora would have had a very long no respect list.

SNiping is cool, even with RoF, because the lack of lock on doesn't really matter at that point. One of my more fun fights was against a guy with RoF, both of us with Dragonslayer Greatbows taking potshots at the other one. I lost, but is was still a lot of fun.

Zzoram

Thagomizer said:
To be honest, I forgot.

Also, really wish you could reorder the rings. It's a pain in the ass going for the stamina regen ring when you've had the Darkmoon ring on.
You can reorder items in the item menu. Can't you also do that for rings? Go into items and press X to get the option to use, drop, move up, move down.

Yeah, I only just discovered that re-ordering thing after 200 odd hours. Really wish I'd known sooner. Put your most important items at the top of the list and you effectively have another set of quick use items.

tokkun

worldrevolution said:

I think I need to start being more of a dick to earn more indictments. I went from 0 to 99 humanity almost completely via Darkwraith and only 8 indictments.

Been invading for two hours and haven't one a single fucking one because of TWoP and RoF
(and that one guy who hacked himself 10,000+ health)Now I have to go work the Twilight midnight premier

FUCK

EDIT: Finally killed one guy who wasn't cheesing. Felt good.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Could you number crunchers and pvp vets please give me some guidance for my build? I'm at a crossroads and just don't know where to go with it. I'm a competent fighter but the numbers minutiae and build meta-game is where I could use a lot of help. Here are my stats:

VIT 30
ATN 16
END 30
STR 20
DEX 14
REST 11 (Cleric default)
INT 10 (Cleric default is 8 but I went 10 to buy spells for the Trophy)
FAI 36

Level 85

I took my Dex up to 14 since I needed a flame weapon at the time and only had Quelaag's Furysword. I also wanted to give elemental katanas and scythes a spin. I took my STR to 20 to 2H Great Sword and Great Axe (I did the math wrong and went up an extra level and I'm 2 away from Great Axe). I found myself having a rather limited arsenal at the time (17 str accidentally went 1 over 16, 12 dex) which is why I put a little more points into STR and Dex. But now I don't use anything but Chaos Halbred+4 (with a bunch humanity) since it's a defacto DeS Mirdan Hammer in this game when I've got enough poise and it's by far more effective than my mediocre Faith-based weapons (I'm either killing dudes in one 2H R1 Halbred combo or making them run to flask if they survive).

Where do I go from here? I know I have to put 10 more levels into Vit and End each, that's a no-brainer from my DeS and DkS pvp experience. That leaves me at 105. What I'm lost is what weapons to use and where to pour in the remaining 15ish levels. I've made Occult+4/Divine+9 Zweilander, Bastard Swords, Claymore, Great Swords but like I said, they're not as effective as the Chaos Halbred. I'm waiting for the patch to fix shit too. What weapons should I have at +14 to buff with Darkmoon and Sunlight Blades? Should I increase my Faith even more or are the diminishing returns/scaling still not worth it with 1.05? Should I put those 15ish SLs into STR so I can 2H 50 str weapons and buff those with miracles, making it a hybrid build? What about Raw+5 vs Normal +14 weapons? As you can see, I'm paralysed by the overwhelming options, my lack of detailed knowledge and the wait for 1.04/5. I've got well over 100 hrs on this char so starting over isn't an option. Damn why couldn't FROM give us a way to delevel so I could experiment for myself and shave a few unecessary SLs while I'm at it.

2AdEPT

Septimius said:
A +15 weapon is frickin AWESOME when you buff it (CMW or Darkmoon Blade). Otherwise, Enchanted +5 can easily be better, if you're INT. I have 40 INT 40 DEX, and +5 Enchanted does more damage than +15.

Well, let's see then. With 50 DEX a +15 Uchi does 415 damage, while a Lightning Uchigatana +5 does 498 (247/0/0/251) - so I don't really get where you're coming from here. Even with 99 STR and DEX, it still only does 455 dmg, so you're not comparing your numbers right.

But that being said, +15 Uchi is no match for a +5 Lightning at 40 DEX. Why? Because ALL damage comes from one type, so it doesn't have to go through multiple defenses. If we assume 200 DEF in both LIG and PHY, then you get -200 damage total, that's 300 damage. With a Uchi at 415 against 200 PHY def, you lose 100 damage, so that's 315 damage.

So it's whichever way between the two. How much resistance and how high they are compared to each other will determine which does most damage. However, throw a CMW on that +15, and you'll kill everything by looking at it.

EDIT: whops - those numbers for the Uchi were from 1.05, not 1.03 - in 1.03 with 99 DEX and STR the +15 Uchi does 415 damage. That'll take some magic to be better than Lightning.
I've never understood your "multiple defenses" theory (maybe fact; but I don't get it.) DOesn't each enemy simply have a certain resistance for each element plus phyiscal damage, the same as any weapon, sheild , armour or character?? A lightning weapon for example will simply do less to an enemy with high lightning resistance (ornstein) so a plus 15 or fire weapon would be a better choice for him, but it obviously does well against Smough who is more resistant to fire. I get that in order to fight O & S then the best strategy is to not choose a weapon that splits its damge, but rather to choose a lightning weapon for Smough and an Fire or physical damage one for Ornstein.....but to universally say that spilt damage weapons are not preferable to pure weapons is not correct in my opinion because over the course of a level or the entire game even, you will face enemies that have strong resistance to one type , but unlikely strong resistance to ALL or Multiple types, so unless you know the specific enemy yyou are fighting, these discussions become illogical in my mind.

I realize that fire weapons are actually a slight liability as there are many bosses and enemies (and especially PVPcharacters) that have high resistance to fire (like queelag), but I still have not found a better all around weapon thatn the CHaos great scythe with full humanity (10)....it obviously****outpowers the +10 fire weapons and with the extra damage still does close to the same as other straight +15 or lightning weapons on people with resistance to fire, but BLOWS AWAY the odd character that does not, plus it has a long reach, quick animation DPS, and bleed.

****when Isay obviously, I have to go on optics alone as the strategy guide does not list the humanity bonus...the stats listed actually put the choas weapons lower than fire without this bonus, but my perception is that they out damage the fire weapons with full humanity, but that is just my perception as I have not done a scientific study on it!!! ;P

edit: the negatives of it are that despite the reach it takes up more endurance to swing it than a similar weapon of its weight class...it taxes you almost as much as a heavier zweihander IIRC..........but its lower weight may be appealing for this same reason.....OMG the possibilities are endless!?!?!??

scosher

bone_and_sinew said:
Could you number crunchers and pvp vets please give me some guidance for my build? I'm at a crossroads and just don't know where to go with it. I'm a competent fighter but the numbers minutiae and build meta-game is where I could use a lot of help. Here are my stats:

VIT 30
ATN 16
END 30
STR 20
DEX 14
REST 11 (Cleric default)
INT 10 (Cleric default is 8 but I went 10 to buy spells for the Trophy)
FAI 36

Level 85

I took my Dex up to 14 since I needed a flame weapon at the time and only had Quelaag's Furysword. I also wanted to give elemental katanas and scythes a spin. I took my STR to 20 to 2H Great Sword and Great Axe (I did the math wrong and went up an extra level and I'm 2 away from Great Axe). I found myself having a rather limited arsenal at the time (17 str accidentally went 1 over 16, 12 dex) which is why I put a little more points into STR and Dex. But now I don't use anything but Chaos Halbred+4 (with a bunch humanity) since it's a defacto DeS Mirdan Hammer in this game when I've got enough poise and it's by far more effective than my mediocre Faith-based weapons (I'm either killing dudes in one 2H R1 Halbred combo or making them run to flask if they survive).

Where do I go from here? I know I have to put 10 more levels into Vit and End each, that's a no-brainer from my DeS and DkS pvp experience. That leaves me at 105. What I'm lost is what weapons to use and where to pour in the remaining 15ish levels. I've made Occult+4/Divine+9 Zweilander, Bastard Swords, Claymore, Great Swords but like I said, they're not as effective as the Chaos Halbred. I'm waiting for the patch to fix shit too. What weapons should I have at +14 to buff with Darkmoon and Sunlight Blades? Should I increase my Faith even more or are the diminishing returns/scaling still not worth it with 1.05? Should I put those 15ish SLs into STR so I can 2H 50 str weapons and buff those with miracles, making it a hybrid build? What about Raw+5 vs Normal +14 weapons? As you can see, I'm paralysed by the overwhelming options, my lack of detailed knowledge and the wait for 1.04/5. I've got well over 100 hrs on this char so starting over isn't an option. Damn why couldn't FROM give us a way to delevel so I could experiment for myself and shave a few unecessary SLs while I'm at it.

Some advice:

Based on weapons you've crafted, it seems you lean more toward heavier, but not too slow weapons like Halberds and Greatswords. Claymore and Halberd are good options, but you may also want to look into the Gargoyle Halberd (it's a rare drop off the gargoyles, and since there's a limited number of spawns for them, the only sure way to farm it is by killing the first gargoyle on the roof, quitting then reloading if you don't get the drop). It has a different R1 attack than the Halberd though if you prefer the thrust attack (the R1 is more like the Lucerne or Scythe).

You have basically two options from where you want to go from here: Get Faith up to 50 (for max miracle damage) and make a Divine or Occult Halberd (some of your Str and Dex points will be wasted though, since the min reqs for Halberds are only 16/12). OR (and this option will easily out-damage your Chaos Halberd), is to make it a +15 Normal Gargoyle Halberd, and then use Darkmoon Blade and Sunlight Blade to enchant it. For this build, you'll have to sacrifice some Vit or End to get your stats to a good level. Halberds have D/C scaling (or D/D for Gargoyle Halberd), so a good split may be 20 Str/30 Dex, and then the rest into Faith to improve your Wrath of God and weapon enchant damage.

Fiddle around with this calculator to see what would give you the best damage for a Normal Halberd: https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/normal

Here's a sample build at SL 121:

http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/?c=Q2xlcmljLDEyMSw0MCwxNiw0MCwyMCwzMCwxMSwxMCwzNg==

If you had stopped at 16 Str, and pushed Dex to 34, it would've yielded slightly more damage (only talking of like 8 AR, not a big deal). You can bring that up to SL 125 if you want to get Faith to 40 so you could still use Divine/Occult weapons at their full potential with the same build (scaling slows down considerably on weapons after 40)

Alternatively, if you prefer Claymores, bump up Str to 36, and keep Dex at 14 for the same point investment. For Str and Dex, the best returns in scaling are between 30 -> 40 usually. So even though Claymores are C/C in scaling, you get more damage by pumping one of the stats higher (up to 40), than keeping both the same at 25.

2nd edit - Just noticed you could also try and meet the requirements for Black Knight Great Axe. 36 Str/18 Dex.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Zzoram said:
You can reorder items in the item menu. Can't you also do that for rings? Go into items and press X to get the option to use, drop, move up, move down.

OH MY GOD I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THIS

I was just wishing my rings were in a different order last night when my cat ring was right next to my favor & protection ring and I was scared I was going to accidentally equip it. If only I knew how to read!

Broseybrose

scosher said:
Some advice:

Based on weapons you've crafted, it seems you lean more toward heavier, but not too slow weapons like Halberds and Greatswords. Claymore and Halberd are good options, but you may also want to look into the Gargoyle Halberd (it's a rare drop off the gargoyles, and since there's a limited number of spawns for them, the only sure way to farm it is by killing the first gargoyle on the roof, quitting then reloading if you don't get the drop). It has a different R1 attack than the Halberd though if you prefer the thrust attack (the R1 is more like the Lucerne or Scythe).

You have basically two options from where you want to go from here: Get Faith up to 50 (for max miracle damage) and make a Divine or Occult Halberd (some of your Str and Dex points will be wasted though, since the min reqs for Halberds are only 16/12). OR (and this option will easily out-damage your Chaos Halberd), is to make it a +15 Normal Gargoyle Halberd, and then use Darkmoon Blade and Sunlight Blade to enchant it. For this build, you'll have to sacrifice some Vit or End to get your stats to a good level. Halberds have D/C scaling (or D/D for Gargoyle Halberd), so a good split may be 20 Str/30 Dex, and then the rest into Faith to improve your Wrath of God and weapon enchant damage.

Fiddle around with this calculator to see what would give you the best damage for a Normal Halberd: https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/normal

Here's a sample build at SL 121:

http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/?c=Q2xlcmljLDEyMSw0MCwxNiw0MCwyMCwzMCwxMSwxMCwzNg==

If you had stopped at 16 Str, and pushed Dex to 34, it would've yielded slightly more damage (only talking of like 8 AR, not a big deal). You can bring that up to SL 125 if you want to get Faith to 40 so you could still use Divine/Occult weapons at their full potential with the same build (scaling slows down considerably on weapons after 40)

Alternatively, if you prefer Claymores, bump up Str to 36, and keep Dex at 14 for the same point investment. For Str and Dex, the best returns in scaling are between 30 -> 40 usually. So even though Claymores are C/C in scaling, you get more damage by pumping one of the stats higher (up to 40), than keeping both the same at 25.

2nd edit - Just noticed you could also try and meet the requirements for Black Knight Great Axe. 36 Str/18 Dex.
Now do mine? Haha

VIT- 22
ATT- 16
END- 22
STR- 16
DEX- 16
RES- 14
INT- 20
FAI- 14 (will probably raise this to 18 for Homeward)

Prefer Dex over Str in this round, but Im seeing a lot of very cool weapons that require like 24/24 STR/DEX and im wondering if this is a bad way to go? I also plan on pumping INT and using a Enchanted curved sword or katana. Can this strat raise enough melee damage to be competitive in PvP?

scosher

Broseybrose said:
Now do mine? Haha

VIT- 22
ATT- 16
END- 22
STR- 16
DEX- 16
RES- 14
INT- 20
FAI- 14 (will probably raise this to 18 for Homeward)

Prefer Dex over Str in this round, but Im seeing a lot of very cool weapons that require like 24/24 STR/DEX and im wondering if this is a bad way to go? I also plan on pumping INT and using a Enchanted curved sword or katana. Can this strat raise enough melee damage to be competitive in PvP?

If you prefer Katanas/Curved Swords, you might want to pump Str up to 20 and use the Washing Pole (20 Str/16 Dex req). Or alternatively, go with the Murakumo, a Curved Greatsword (28 Str to 1H, 19 to 2H, and scales with your Dex stat). Not sure which weapon you're talking of with a 24 Str/24 Dex req. Ornstein's Spear? It's not very good. If you don't care about stopping at SL120'ish, you're also well on your way to using the True Greatsword of Artorias (24 Str, 18 Dex, 20 Int, 20 Fai req), but you'd have to go well past SL120 to make good use of the weapon and it's multi-stat scaling.

For Enchanted weapons, 40 Int gives you the most damage with them before huge DR's. Push it up to 44 if you want Crystal Soul Spear (good for PvE, meh in PvP), or 50 if you want the most damage out of your sorceries.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
scosher said:
Some advice:
Thanks for that. I didn't even think about farming for a Gargoyle Halbred that way. I'm at the Kiln farming for ores and I have a couple more things to do before NG+. I'll give the Gargoyle Halbred a whirl soon enough.
I didn't even realise I had that many options with STR/DEX scaling and to take those into account since I've been looking at things from a purer Faith build perspective. I didn't know about that second link, I'll definitely do some number crunching of my own before deciding and see which route is less wasteful with the souls I've already invested and more suited for my play style.

scosher

Broseybrose said:
Excellent :)

Murakamo it is. I already have one :)

Another option instead of making an Enchanted weapon, is to get the min reqs to 2H Murakumo (or 1H if you don't care about stopping at SL120), pumping Dex to 40 for max damage with a +15 Murakumo, and then bringing Int to 32 so you can use the Tin Crystallization Catalystl and enchant your Murakumo with Crystal Magic Weapon.

Broseybrose

scosher said:
Another option instead of making an Enchanted weapon, is to get the min reqs to 2H Murakumo (or 1H if you don't care about stopping at SL120), pumping Dex to 40 for max damage with a +15 Murakumo, and then bringing Int to 32 so you can use the Tin Crystallization Catalystl and enchant your Murakumo with Crystal Magic Weapon.
The possibilities are dizzying!

TommyT

Game is still surprising me. My 4th defeat of Gaping Dragon and I see 2 moves he's never done before. I've never seen that 'spew' move which covers almost the entire area, and I've never seen him claw swipe either. This was also the first time I summoned Solaire for help here. Doubt that had anything to do with it but oh well.

Also saw a new one from the Flamberge snakes in Sen's. I didn't know they had a multi-strike and it tore me up :O!

S&O down with the lvl 12 lowbie! Can't believe how easy the fight is when you're in Ornstein's grill. Everything is easy to dodge at that point.

I can't believe I killed
the Anor Londo Firekeeper!!! Fuck! Now I have to keep making the journey to Oreo and Smores from the other AL bonfire and whenever I actually make it through all of the knights I just get destroyed within seconds

:'(

one85x

Small Mailman said:
I can't believe I killed
the Anor Londo Firekeeper!!! Fuck! Now I have to keep making the journey to Oreo and Smores from the other AL bonfire and whenever I actually make it through all of the knights I just get destroyed within seconds

:'(
You should only have to fight two knights if you opened up all of the doors in the castle. That bonfire is actually the better of the two for fighting O&S.

Zzoram

mickcenary said:
I've never played a Western RPG, let alone a JRPG. Would this game eat me alive?

This game is more action than RPG.

You can beat the game at level 1 if you're skilled and patient. Just ask GAF whenever you have questions or need help.

one85x said:
You should only have to fight two knights if you opened up all of the doors in the castle. That bonfire is actually the better of the two for fighting O&S.
I've got a rhythm down now. But I found it easier to just take the lift down and run past the 4 giants.

mickcenary said:
I've never played a Western RPG, let alone a JRPG. Would this game eat me alive?

if you like action games you should be fine. your player skill is more important than numbers. of course, you could push numbers too if you want.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
mickcenary said:

I don't play WRPGs either, but I love this game. I'm making very liberal use of outside information, guides, GAF, etc. I like knowing what I should be doing and then doing it. It's not ruining the fun or sense of exploration at all. So don't be afraid to play that way if going in blind isn't enjoyable for you.

Zimbardo

Insaniac said:
3 hours trying to get summoned at anor londo, summoned twice. TWICE.

ya, supposedly the issues of people not seeing soul signs gets fixed with the patch that's out in Japan now.

who knows when that will make its appearance over here tho. it'd sure be nice to play the game as it was originally intended instead of a broken mess of the online component that we have now.

Orayn

Zzoram said:
This game is more action than RPG.

You can beat the game at level 1 if you're skilled and patient. Just ask GAF whenever you have questions or need help.
This. There are so few games out there that are comparable to Dark Souls or Demon's Souls, so you're not really inexperienced at all.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

I think I fucked up my game big time...

So, Im rushing to get my last trophy, the get all miracles one, and I thought my only left ones were to ones that the gravelord gives... so I rush to the catacombs, you remember there are some doors, that you need to open with some push leveler on some columns, well, the first it at the first bonfire, but the second one, I didn't activated it so the door that is near the second bonfire is closed, and I "managed" to bypass it by dropping to a lower level.

So, im stuck at the second bonfire, cant go back because the door is close, and I don't have the lordvessel so I can warp out...

The worst thing is, the last miracle its the one that I need to exchange for the last boss soul...

So, im pretty sure I fucked up pretty badly unless someone tells me a way to get the hell out of there... any suggestions?

Edit: well I guess no :D I finally got my platinum after 150~ ours :D awesome! gonna wait for the patch to give it a try to other kind of builds

Zzoram

sotodefonk said:
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

I think I fucked up my game big time...

So, Im rushing to get my last trophy, the get all miracles one, and I thought my only left ones were to ones that the gravelord gives... so I rush to the catacombs, you remember there are some doors, that you need to open with some push leveler on some columns, well, the first it at the first bonfire, but the second one, I didn't activated it so the door that is near the second bonfire is closed, and I "managed" to bypass it by dropping to a lower level.

So, im stuck at the second bonfire, cant go back because the door is close, and I don't have the lordvessel so I can warp out...

The worst thing is, the last miracle its the one that I need to exchange for the last boss soul...

So, im pretty sure I fucked up pretty badly unless someone tells me a way to get the hell out of there... any suggestions?

Edit: well I guess no :D I finally got my platinum after 150~ ours :D awesome! gonna wait for the patch to give it a try to other kind of builds

You found a way out? If not, you could've gotten yourself invaded by someone from GAF and have him push the switches for you.

UFRA

Ugh...I can't wait for the patch.

New Londo Ruins is annoying. I really need some help for the boss(es) and isn't this some bullshit....

-I can be invaded (happened 3 times during my 2 hrs of play time tonight)
-I can be summoned to help others
-I try to summon 6 people and they all fucking fail....

Then I stood around for about 20-30 min with not a single summon sign showing up. What a joke, when I need it most it's broken.

I'm an expert

UFRA said:
Ugh...I can't wait for the patch.

New Londo Ruins is annoying. I really need some help for the boss(es) and isn't this some bullshit....

-I can be invaded (happened 3 times during my 2 hrs of play time tonight)
-I can be summoned to help others
-I try to summon 6 people and they all fucking fail....

Then I stood around for about 20-30 min with not a single summon sign showing up. What a joke, when I need it most it's broken.

Failed summons happen on the patch too.. it's just a connection thing or someone else trying to summon them at the same time. In non-popular areas my summons are instant but in places like AL or NLR it took a few tries.

I'd like some feedback on my stats, if anyone cares to offer it:

SL 61
VIT 17
AT 11
END 34
STR 33
DEX 18
RES 12
INT 11
FTH 8

I use minimal armor with large weapons one-handed with a shield. Should I just start pumping points into vitality at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom