• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
2AdEPT said:
HUge spoilers ahead go see Kaathe first if you want to figure it out yourself.......
Keeping in mind that Gwynivere is just an image put up by Gwyndolin and one can therefore assume he poses as a woman and is a devious trickerster and an outright liar, that things are not what they seem.
I won't give it away, but go seee kaathe before cutting down before cutting down what littel story there is in this game, he is your friend, not the family of Gywn, nor that fucker Frampt. Everything makes loose sense, but there are a multitude of questions unanswered.

I think you misunderstood the flow of the conversation.

Why does Ornstein want to kill the player?

This doesn't make sense if he is following Gwyndolin. Gwyndolin wants the player to take the Lordvessle and take Gwyn's place. If Ornstein is working for Gwyndolin, why is he trying to kill the patsy?

Mortrialus said:

This doesn't make sense if he is following Gwyndolin. Gwyndolin wants the player to take the Lordvessle and take Gwyn's place. If Ornstein is working for Gwyndolin, why is he trying to kill the patsy?

Personally, I'm going to go with my theory that he doesn't want to kill his Lord, or be a part of plan that would lead to his death. I'm gonna go throw it up on the WMG page of tvtropes

elty

systemfehler said:
Hi!

A quick question:

I just helped Lautrec escape from his cell - then bought the Artoria Crest to farm some souls. I did not beat the gargoyles yet but Lautrec did not appear at Firelink Shrine. What am I missing. A friend of mine told me he should be there.

Thanks in advance :)

There are 2 possibilities:

Sometimes he wanders away. He will come back though if you check later.

Another reason (don't think this applies to you) is you either
obtain a second etus flask or ring both bells, which will cause him to kill the firekeeper. he will leave his orb so you can find and kill him later to revive the firekeeper.

Thagomizer said:
Personally, I'm going to go with my theory that he doesn't want to kill his Lord, or be a part of plan that would lead to his death. I'm gonna go throw it up on the WMG page of tvtropes

You should throw your Priscilla speculation there as well while you're at it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32314289&postcount=12685

Also

Thagomizer said:
This is pretty well known. The thing is, there's nothing to really indicate that bringing on the Age of Man really benefits anyone besides the player character (and Kaathe) besides "we're free!" (...to do what? Go Hollow on our own time?) warm fuzzies.

The primary issue is that the only people who say linking the fire will cure the Darksign are all untrustworthy. Also, going hollow is only a threat upon dying repeatedly. Logan lived as an undead for over a hundred years perfectly fine.
He also doesn't go hollow in the traditional sense. Hollows look visually decrepit. Logan looks perfectly fine when you fight him in Seath's original chamber. He just went insane from reading Seath's research.
Rickert confirms that as long as you're safe, hollowing isn't an issue.

elty said:
There are 2 possibilities:

Sometimes he wanders away. He will come back though if you check later.

Another reason (don't think this applies to you) is you either
obtain a second etus flask or ring both bells, which will cause him to kill the firekeeper. he will leave his orb so you can find and kill him later to revive the firekeeper.

Thanks. I guess it has to be option 1.
Anastasia is still alive, I did not ring any bell yet (at least I think) and I kept my Firekeeper souls so far instead of upgrading for some different quest

O+S speculation:

Perhaps Ornstein and Smough are a test of strength type deal. If you can't beat them then you wouldn't be strong enough to face the four lords and kill Gwyn. So they keep putting you down until finally you become strong enough to defeat them. Only then are you trusted with the lordvessel.

Air Zombie Meat said:
O+S speculation:

Perhaps Ornstein and Smough are a test of strength type deal. If you can't beat them then you wouldn't be strong enough to face the four lords and kill Gwyn. So they keep putting you down until finally you become strong enough to defeat them. Only then are you trusted with the lordvessel.

Possible but I can't imagine them throwing their lives away like that. This would make sense if when you beat them, they fled the scene rather than die.

Mortrialus said:
The primary issue is that the only people who say linking the fire will cure the Darksign are all untrustworthy. Also, going hollow is only a threat upon dying repeatedly. Logan lived as an undead for over a hundred years perfectly fine.
He also doesn't go hollow in the traditional sense. Hollows look visually decrepit. Logan looks perfectly fine when you fight him in Seath's original chamber. He just went insane from reading Seath's research.
Rickert confirms that as long as you're safe, hollowing isn't an issue.

I know that- Frampt is an asshole, definitely, but this isn't a story or world of black and whites- just because Frampt is a deceitful ass doesn't mean that Kaathe is any better.

Hollowing obviously is a pretty big issue, as a lot of people have Hollowed. Whatever town the Undead Burg originally was is almost entirely Hollow- the Merchants (Andre excluded) look like they could turn at any moment, there's no indication if Havel is Hollowed or not, and everyone else is either in a blood craze or is tied up in a barrel or jail cell. Anor Londo is abandoned except for a skeleton guard- there is no way a city of that size was made just for Gwyn's family and their guards; we only visit 3-4 buildings of it and it stretches into the distance. There are human sized railings and fixtures (the bedrooms you go through have human-sized beds that the Knights couldn't fit in), implying that regular humans lived there as well in addition to the Fire Keeper and wherever the Painting Guardians sleep.

elty

Mortrialus said:

There is a few possibilities why Ornstein is a boss:

1) He doesn't want his Lord die.
2) Gwyndolin wants someone strong to succeed Gwyn, so he lied to Ornstein to make sure the player is good enough. If you can't even beat Ornstein then how can you beat the other bosses that has the lord souls? Gwyndolin doesn't want to kill all the dinos and pick up the lordvessel from Bed of Chaos in case you fail...
3) Ornstein actually knew all this (Gwyn told him), but still volunteer himself to test the player even if that means sacrificing himself. Loyalty.

tokkun

I would like to know why some of Gwyn's people are giants and others aren't. Smough and Artorias are, Ornstein and Havel aren't. You have some giant nameless knights and some normal ones. Even within his own family, Gwyn and Gwynevere are giants, Gwyndolin is not.

Is being a giant the equivalent of having blue eyes? Why are some of the stairways and doors sized for giants and others sized for normal people?

UFRA

tokkun said:
I would like to know why some of Gwyn's people are giants and others aren't. Smough and Artorias are, Ornstein and Havel aren't. You have some giant nameless knights and some normal ones. Even within his own family, Gwyn and Gwynevere are giants, Gwyndolin is not.

Is being a giant the equivalent of having blue eyes? Why are some of the stairways and doors sized for giants and others sized for normal people?

Good questions.

Thagomizer said:
I know that- Frampt is an asshole, definitely, but this isn't a story or world of black and whites- just because Frampt is a deceitful ass doesn't mean that Kaathe is any better.

Hollowing obviously is a pretty big issue, as a lot of people have Hollowed. Whatever town the Undead Burg originally was is almost entirely Hollow- the Merchants (Andre excluded) look like they could turn at any moment, there's no indication if Havel is Hollowed or not, and everyone else is either in a blood craze or is tied up in a barrel or jail cell. Anor Londo is abandoned except for a skeleton guard- there is no way a city of that size was made just for Gwyn's family and their guards; we only visit 3-4 buildings of it and it stretches into the distance. There are human sized railings and fixtures (the bedrooms you go through have human-sized beds that the Knights couldn't fit in), implying that regular humans lived there as well in addition to the Fire Keeper and wherever the Painting Guardians sleep.

I think one of the loading screens alludes to the fact that Havel is hollow and was basically locked away in that tower to keep him away from everyone else.

2AdEPT

snap0212 said:
I've finally found time to start this game and I'm amazed how much I like it. I did die a couple of times but it felt like I can avoid it if I just proceed with caution. I started as a Pyromancer and it feels like I need a better shield. I'm only at the Undead Burg but I think I should get a better one asap?
There are numerous shields close to the burg that you can choose from.

A.) Dragon Crest - high fire resistance, full weapon block. easier if you choose the master key...
do some searching underneath firelink for a semi-secret passage way. (if you don't have the master key you can still get there via the Darkroot basin which you will find once you find the blacksmith in the parish; but then you will have to kill or run by a headless demon, and almost certainly run by a lot of dragons at low level or they will fry you with lightning.)

b.) Grass shield - used throughout the whole game as it provides stamina boost just for holding it. you can two hand your weapon and put it on your back. Only 95% weapon block though, otherwise no one would take it off.
FOund in the basin on a dead body.

C.) Crest shield - you have to figure out how to get back to the asylum, which is doable very early on....but it will take you
opening up the elevators from parish to Firelink, and beating an NPC knight.
, oh yeah and it is rare in that it blocks 100% magic...indispensable in certain situations.

My favourite shield is the Eagle, but it is more of a midgame find....you can get htere using the master key, but this would invovle going a long way through blighttown from the back door, alot of moss to battle poison, and a lot of patience, tolerance and time if inexperienced. Doable and fast early with experience, but not for everyone.

Keeping mind that stability is the most important shield stat after whether it blocks 100% of weapon damamge or not...(this allows you to take hits and your stamina not get slaughtered)...you will want to upgrade your shield aASP. An upgraded crap sheild will likley be just as good as these other shields if they were not upgraded at all, but would be WAAY better if upgraded to full. Only problme is that you only have so many upgrade stones so the best strategy is to lose your crap shields early, get the good ones, and then upgrade one or two of those. If you are up for the challenge, the best thing to do really would be to go straight for the eagle, get the other shields for situational use, but upgrade the eagle to full and that will be the one you can use for the rest of the game predominantly.

tokkun said:

It's almost certainly variable, with the only stipulation being "taller than a human." Gwyn and Ornstein are both about the same size, his daughter is much larger (I'm assuming that the illusion is the same size as the real Gwynevere, as Gywndolin would have made it as close to the original as possible,) Gywndolin is just slightly taller than human but with snakes instead of legs, the Silver/Black Knights are taller than normal humans but not absurdly so, and, Artorias, if Sif's sword is to be believed, was friggin' MASSIVE, at least as tall as the Iron Golem and probably a good deal taller.

Havel is a human so he doesn't count.

Thagomizer said:
I never said Kaathe necessarily was. That said, the world won't be under Kaathe's rule so I find him somewhat irrelevant.

Hollowing obviously is a pretty big issue, as a lot of people have Hollowed. Whatever town the Undead Burg originally was is almost entirely Hollow- the Merchants (Andre excluded) look like they could turn at any moment,

But like I said, going Hollow is a result of repeatedly being killed. The Darksign simultaneously makes one immortal and effectively gives them multiple lives. The Darksign isn't the problem. The problem is how dangerous the world is.

there's no indication if Havel is Hollowed or not,

The watch tower key unambiguously states Havel hollowed and was locked in there by a friend.

EasyMode

2AdEPT said:
C.) Crest shield - you have to figure out how to get back to the asylum, which is doable very early on....but it will take you
opening up the elevators from parish to Firelink, and beating an NPC knight.
, oh yeah and it is rare in that it blocks 100% magic...indispensable in certain situations.

80% Magic block, but still very useful against the Moonlight Butterfly and Stray Demon (those explosions are magic damage despite looking like fire).

Mortrialus said:
I never said Kaathe necessarily was. That said, the world won't be under Kaathe's rule so I find him somewhat irrelevant.
Kaathe does have something to gain, though- Freedom from the Abyss and probably a cushy, right-hand-man type job. He's not being altruistic.

But like I said, going Hollow is a result of repeatedly being killed. The Darksign simultaneously makes one immortal and effectively gives them multiple lives. The Darksign isn't the problem. The problem is how dangerous the world is.
Pretty much a semantic difference- most of the city is already Hollowed or has gotten the fuck out of Dodge, and there's no known way of reversing it or how it's transmitted, although it's likely contagious to some degree if it's so common in Lordran to the point where almost all the natives have Hollowed and it's basically used as a dumping ground for surrounding nations.

The whole "who wants to live forever?" question was never really brought up in the game outside of beings who are immortal for other reasons and is a separate issue, so I'm not going to get into it.

The watch tower key unambiguously states Havel hollowed and was locked in there by a friend.

Ah, I stand corrected. I never read that key.

tc farks

I wish I would have known about that Eagle Shield. Because I'm sure I walked right by it at some point. I remember being at the bonfire upstairs, near the Iatio?

I'm still not sure on the location being talked about. Since I'm starting a new game from scratch, could I get there pretty easily by going through the Valley of the Drakes?

Speevy

Banned
I'm on NG+ trying to beat Gwyndolyn (only boss I haven't beaten) and I keep dying.

I reckon I can beat him with a few more tries, but I'm mainly frustrated about how it keeps spitting me out down in the (now vacant) Anor Londo bonfire.

So I have to climb back on those damn rafters every time I want to get back to the boss or warp.

Is that just a consequence of playing this boss? It's kind of cruel that they let you warp right there from anywhere but you can't stay there after you die.

Speevy said:
I'm on NG+ trying to beat Gwyndolyn (only boss I haven't beaten) and I keep dying.

I reckon I can beat him with a few more tries, but I'm mainly frustrated about how it keeps spitting me out down in the (now vacant) Anor Londo bonfire.

So I have to climb back on those damn rafters every time I want to get back to the boss or warp.

Is that just a consequence of playing this boss? It's kind of cruel that they let you warp right there from anywhere but you can't stay there after you die.

Can't you get on the rotating bridge?

EasyMode

tc farks said:
I wish I would have known about that Eagle Shield. Because I'm sure I walked right by it at some point. I remember being at the bonfire upstairs, near the Iatio?

I'm still not sure on the location being talked about. Since I'm starting a new game from scratch, could I get there pretty easily by going through the Valley of the Drakes?
The eagle shield is not far from the upper bonfire:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y4o-JhcxWVM#t=904s

It's easier to get there from the Depths entrance, the Valley of the Drakes entrance is all the way on the other side. You'll also need the master key to enter from there early on.

2AdEPT

Mortrialus said:

Of course I am following ...I just don't want to spoil....but since others don't appear to get it....you beat it out of me!

THe whole Gwyn line don't like you at all, you are a nothing shmuck to them, this includes Ornstein. BUt once you kill ORnstein and prove you are a threat;
Gwydolin starts LYING (Through Gywnivere) ....come on the whole boobs thing is meant to obfuscate, seduce and fool you as to the true intentions of the Gywn line who wnat you dead..joining with them in any way just exposes your back so they can stab it....Frampt is all part of it as well. THis is why i hate the fact that he gets to be part of your celebration if you take the "good" ending at the end. THose chosing the "bad" ending should feel major backstab from the whole Gwynivere/Gwydolin charade...especially if they joined either covenant associated with him. the fact that he is wiling ot risk you killing his leader either means he could care less abnout gywn and just wnat sthe fires lit at all costs, or maybe he wants to take over himself and you will do the dirty work up front until he finds a way to stab you inteh back? Either way, he doesn't really like you.

My first time through, I acquired the Lordvessel and ALMOST gave it to Frampt right away.... I pulled out before his dialogue was over and quit as I wanted to hear Kaathe out first.......but I never made it with that character....had some killiing of NPC issues so started over.....I eventaully had ot give the vessel to Frampt with that character to get though the door to firesage....so that I could get the light hat as I had no castlight owing to killing DUsk by mistake.......ONce I started a new character, I promptly went to Kaathe and the whole charade was exposed and it was all over for the whole Gwyn line....I wiped them off the face of the earth with that character will do so in every subsequent playthrough.... I will choose the other ending with my original screwed up character, but just to see it myself.

tc farks

EasyMode said:

It's easier to get there from the Depths entrance, the Valley of the Drakes entrance is all the way on the other side. You'll also need the master key to enter from there early on.

Yeah but since my save got corrupted my whole plan was to just ring the 2 bells as fast as possible and get back on top of sen's fortress where I was. So basically, it will be a lot faster for me to just cross the top of Blighttown through Drakes and grab the shield. Then walk all the way back again before going down to face Queelag. That video helped some, but damn all those wood structures just look the same to me.

2AdEPT said:
Of course I am following ...I just don't want to spoil....but since others don't appear to get it....you beat it out of me!

THe whole Gwyn line don't like you at all, you are a nothing shmuck to them, this includes Ornstein. BUt once you kill ORnstein and prove you are a threat;
Gwydolin starts LYING (Through Gywnivere) ....come on the whole boobs thing is meant to obfuscate, seduce and fool you as to the true intentions of the Gywn line who wnat you dead..joining with them in any way just exposes your back so they can stab it....Frampt is all part of it as well. THis is why i hate the fact that he gets to be part of your celebration if you take the "good" ending at the end. THose chosing the "bad" ending should feel major backstab from the whole Gwynivere/Gwydolin charade...especially if they joined either covenant associated with him. the fact that he is wiling ot risk you killing his leader either means he could care less abnout gywn and just wnat sthe fires lit at all costs, or maybe he wants to take over himself and you will do the dirty work up front until he finds a way to stab you inteh back? Either way, he doesn't really like you.

No, you still aren't getting what Mort and my point was. We know all this about Kaathe and such. The point was, why was Ornstein trying to kill you in the first place? It doesn't really make sense if he was going along with the Plan, and allowing you to kill him as a test doesn't make much sense either.

And Frampt joins you in the Dark Lord ending, I presume, because he is a coward and saving his own skin.

I don't think that there's any real hatred towards the player on Gywndolin's and Frampt's part- it's just business. You're a patsy, not someone they particularly dislike. For all we know, Gwyndolin and Frampt were going to erect a monument in your honor for "bravely sacrificing himself to keep the flame burning-" it's not like anyone knows the truth to call them on it, at least not anyone who isn't basically the Dark Souls version of Satan. It's also implied you aren't the first to be sent on this path, just the first who didn't fail miserably right at the start.

2AdEPT

EasyMode said:

ALthough I agree that eagle shield is hard to get to...its more in the middle..than closer to the start from the Depths, becusae the back door allows you to run by most of the level, I would say its your choice which way to go iwth no clerar advantage.......notwithstanding...... Ever tried thrwowing on the slumbering dragoncrest ring coming from the back door for that level? Since MANY enemies are turned the wrong way they leave themselves open for backstabbing....it is a fun run that way and my prefernce is always to go from the back door, especially if at a low level.........I hate zombies.

2AdEPT

Thagomizer said:
No, you still aren't getting what Mort and my point was. We know all this about Kaathe and such. The point was, why was Ornstein trying to kill you in the first place? It doesn't really make sense if he was going along with the Plan, and allowing you to kill him as a test doesn't make much sense either.

And Frampt joins you at the end, I presume, because he is a coward and saving his own skin.

I don't think that there's any real hatred towards the player on Gywndolin's and Frampt's part- it's just business. You're a patsy, not someone they particularly dislike. For all we know, Gwyndolin and Frampt were going to erect a monument in your honor for "bravely sacrificing himself to keep the flame burning-" it's not like anyone knows the truth to call them on it.
You guys simply aren't getting what I am saying about Ornstein....he isn't going along with any plan...he thinks you are a nothing shmuck, who is invading the castle as does gywndolin at that point. BUt once some shmuck actually breaks their defenses and kills the best knight in the defense...then the PLAN starts. I guess it is possible (I have never tried so I don't know but my guess is that you can not fight him until after speaking to Gwynivere) that you could end up fighting Gywndolin BEFORE Ornstein, but this is unlikley, as most people taking the trouble to get the Seance ring are there to JOIN gywndolin, not kill him. THe fact that the door is shut usually means that most will go to see ornstein first.

If you beleive that Gyndolin is power hungry, he could care less abotu Gywn, but wants the flame power all for himself, it doesn't really matter whether you live or die, preferably die, but if not, might as well get you to get Gywn out of his way and trick you into keeping the fire for him....he has to stab only one person in the back so letting you live or die is NOT a concern to me and NOT confusing to me in any way.

2AdEPT said:
You guys simply aren't getting what I am saying about Ornstein....he isn't goign along with any plan...he thinks you are a nothing shmuck, as does gywndolin at that point. BUt once some shmuck actually breaks their defenses and kills the best knight in the defense...then the PLAN starts.

The Plan has been in motion for a while, since the First Flame started waning even after Gwyn's sacrifice. The Gwynevere illusion has been up there since presumably been there since the real one left to play Hooky, as Gwyndolin is so hideous and unrespected that he can't rule in his own name. The Plan has been in motion since you rang the first Bell of Awakening- if anything, those are the "worthiness" test, not Ornstein, as that's the point where Frampt names you the Chosen One- which, of course, is a load of bullshit, but the player character doesn't know that.

And anyway, to even get to the Cathedral, you have killed a Daughter of Chaos, the Iron Golem, and several dozen Elite guards including the two Giant Sentinels in the main lobby of the cathedral who are likely the Princess' personal bodyguards. They know you aren't anything to sneeze at by this point.

tc farks

2AdEPT said:
ALthough I agree that eagle shield is hard to get to...its more in the middle..than closer to the start from the Depths, becusae the back door allows you to run by most of the level, I would say its your choice which way to go iwth no clerar advantage.......notwithstanding...... Ever tried thrwowing on the slumbering dragoncrest ring coming from the back door for that level? Since MANY enemies are turned the wrong way they leave themselves open for backstabbing....it is a fun run that way and my prefernce is always to go from the back door, especially if at a low level.........I hate zombies.

I just looked it up. Wouldn't take me very long at all to go into Lower Undead Berg and
kill Griggs
But as a fellow sorcerer I would be saddened.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Are there any actual good humanity farming spots in this game? I'm only up to Sen's Fortress, but Im out of humanity, and the depths farming spot sucks.

Septimius

2AdEPT said:
I've never understood your "multiple defenses" theory (maybe fact; but I don't get it.) DOesn't each enemy simply have a certain resistance for each element plus phyiscal damage, the same as any weapon, sheild , armour or character?? ?

Skimmed through the rest of this post, but this is what I wanted to address. The thing with Lightning weapons is that they do two damage types, physical and lightning. That means that each part of the damage is measured against each resistance. Say a Lightning weapon does 250/-/-/250 (that's 250 phy, no fire, no magic, 250 lightning), then 250 phy is up against the enemy's phy resistance. Resistance can be thought of pretty simple with this game. For each point of resistance, you subtract 0.5 damage, so if you have 200 phy resistance, that means you subtract 100 damage from the 250. The same with lightning if you have 200 lightning resistance. That means the damage you do is (250-100) = 150 * 2 = 300.

Against the same enemy, to calculate how much of ONE damage type you'd need to do the same damage, it's dmg = attack rating - (resistance / 2) [since 1 point equals half a point less damage] -> 300 = x - (200 / 2) => x = 300 + 100 => x = 400. You'd need 400 physical (or any one damage type) to out-damage the lightning weapon that has 500 total attack rating.

You can read all about it here (some calculations I've done earlier)

Now, it seems to me that most normal armors and builds (not including people running around in the Painting Guardian outfit which has great MAG res but sucky all others), physical resistance is on average 33% higher than the other resistances (or the rest is 25% lower than physical to make it a bit easier to calculate with)

If that is the case, then we see that the AR of a pure physical weapon has to be the following to match a weapon with two stats:

2-type-dmg = 2-type-AR - (phy res / 2 + 0.75 * phy res / 2)
2-type-dmg = 2-type-AR - 7/4 * phy res / 2

1-type-dmg = 1-type-AR - phy res / 2

1-type-dmg > 2-type-dmg =>
1-type-AR - phy res / 2 > 2-type-AR - (phy res / 2 + 0.75 * phy res / 2)
1-type-AR > 2-type-AR - 3/8*phy res

Let's try that out:
Lightning +5 uchi does 250*2 (phy / lig) - let's try with 200 res
1-type-AR > 500 - 3/8*200
1-type-AR has to be greater than 425 to out-damage a lightning resistance if you have 200 phy res.

If you have 300 res, you need only 385. So what we can quite easily see is that the more resistance you have, the worse is a two-split damage type. So if someone invades you that's lightly clothed, you might be better off using a two-split weapon, but for heavy armor, it's easily lost.

Also, I forgot to post this

In interviews leading up to Dark Souls’ release, you suggested that players should go with the pendant starting gift. There’s still a lot of confusion and mystery in the community surrounding what this item affects. Now that the game has been out for a while, care to give any further clues?

Hm.... I am very happy to get this question because this is exactly what I expected. I am very sorry, I cannot tell you here how you use the item. I still want people to try investigating the meaning of the item. Please find it out on your own! [laughs]

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/11/12/afterwords-dark-souls.aspx

Interview with Miyazaki.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Thagomizer said:
It's also implied you aren't the first to be sent on this path, just the first who didn't fail miserably right at the start.
Technically, everyone DOES fail miserably right at the start, but we just respawn... :p

I can't wait to talk to Kaathe now. I did the other ending on my first playthrough and never even knew he existed.

.GqueB. said:
Pains me how slow this thread is moving now. Used to be the big man on campus... now...

its DOA.

I personally don't mind not having to read 20 pages every time I have to get up from the computer to stay current.

Ristlager

So I am one or two bosses away from finishing the game, and I can honestly say that I do not have a single fucking idea what is going on. In my head there has not been a single story bit yet, except something with a vessel. Same with the npc's, don't have a clue what they are doing. Does it mather? Nope, not a bit. But I am wondering where you are picking up the info...

But for something completely different:
I can farm two dudes in the room next to the prinsess bonefire for 10k every 2 minutes. Do you think it is "better" to spend three hours doing that for a million souls, than glitching the dragonhead for the same in minutes? Does it make me a more legit player?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Most lore information is pieced together from NPC conversations and item descriptions. It's really kind of sad that the story isn't clearer.

Right now, your story goes something like this:
You're undead.
You've rung two bells, opening a pathway to Anor Londo, which is apparently a much nicer place than the area where you spend most of the game.
The goddess you meet at Anor Londo tells you that you're the "chosen undead" who is supposed to succeed Lord Gwyn, whatever that means, and gives you something called the Lordvessel.
To succeed Lord Gwyn, you need to fill the Lordvessel with the souls of certain people, which is why you're supposed to set out to kill them now.
That's it for the time being.

Speevy

Banned
Thagomizer said:
Can't you get on the rotating bridge?

Yes, but I believe you have to move it down to get down to the covenant area, don't you?

Doing that makes it inaccessible from the place it dumps you.

tokkun

Ristlager said:
But for something completely different:
I can farm two dudes in the room next to the prinsess bonefire for 10k every 2 minutes. Do you think it is "better" to spend three hours doing that for a million souls, than glitching the dragonhead for the same in minutes? Does it make me a more legit player?

No, of course not. But the issue with the glitch is that it makes it so easy to level to 300+ that you have such an overabundance of superpowered characters that screws up the distribution of players that you run into, particularly as a darkwraith. Farming enemies does not take skill either, but most people are not willing to farm for hundreds of hours.

I got quite far down in Blighttown tonight and the framerate was literally 5. I couldn't even fight anyone because it was so bad.

It's a shame such a perfect game has an unplayable section in it. I'm absolutely fucking hating it.

Urgh. If you can't keep a good framerate, DON'T PUT IT IN THE GAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom