• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxya

Happened to me a lot these past days. Built a character just to have a low level Darkwraith and play at being an 'enemy' for random people, but there's a lot of people just pulling the plug when you invade, or when you seem to be doing marginally better than the host thinks you should.

And I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, the Darkwraith character is quite regular in everything, and I'm sure as hell not some skilled player. I'm not using the character to wreak people's experiences, but they end up wreaking mine.

Grow some balls people. Swing that damn sword. Be better than me. Seems like it's quite a lot to ask, somehow. Surviving whatever you find is the thrill ride the game offers you. Why would you quit? :-/

But you deliberately made a low level darkwraith. Isn't it fair to assume that those you're invading are almost definitely worse than you are? I consider that wrecking experiences.

I think it's fair enough if someone wants to benefit from summoning people and reading messages but doesn't want to lose progress because of an invader.

It might not be the "right" way to play but I understand it.

I haven't done it, before someone asks!

Can't you still get invaded by NPCs while offline? I swore that happened to me once in Blighttown.

coldvein

Banned
i've been invaded by NPCs while offline, yeah. once or twice. they were easy to deal with tho.

question: so i've got a great axe +10, what do i need to do to upgrade it further? can i use any of these boss soulz yet!?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I love the adrenaline rush of getting invaded. I just wish lag wouldn't ruin most of the encounters. :( Nothing sucks the fun out of competition faster than knowing one or both of you are operating under a handicap.

Can't you still get invaded by NPCs while offline? I swore that happened to me once in Blighttown.

I was invaded in hollow form in Blighttown and Tomb of the Giants, yeah. Pretty cool. Obviously AI are much easier to beat though.

I agree the rush of being invaded is pretty awesome. I always lose though. Always.

Frank

But you deliberately made a low level darkwraith. Isn't it fair to assume that those you're invading are almost definitely worse than you are? I consider that wrecking experiences.

Actually no. I made it lower level because I wanted to invade easier in the middle areas of the game. The later ones are not so postcard ready, while the early ones have you figuring out the game still.

And really, most of the times the host stays, I get destroyed :) It was too cool for me to face off invaders when playing my game, especially when I wasn't that ready for them. Just wanted to give some of that rush back, and see how far can I reach out with a weaker character.

In the same note, I got another higher leveled better equipped Sunbro character to help people with the middle/end of the game.

...so no, I'm really not playing this game to wreak anyone's fun.

oracrest

Finally beat it last night!

It was a good run. I didn't have any big issues with any of the difficulty or mechanics. It did take me a while to get the jump down so that I could execute it every time.

Like Demon's Souls, this first run was almost totally blind.

I really like the seamless world. It feels a lot more unified of a world than Demon's Souls. I enjoyed the "story" of Demon's Souls a little more. I at least had my head wrapped around the story, whereas upon beating Dark Souls, I still wasn't sure what was going on storywise.

I'll probably take a break and play Zelda and Skyrim, then dive into NG+ and try and hit everything I missed, and work towards getting ready for my SL1 run for this one, and hopefully the naked barbarian run. I have a feeling these runs will be harder than Demon's.

We'll see! :)

All in all, still a great totally unique experience and world. And Demon's Souls still retains it's own charm and character.

EasyMode

work towards getting ready for my SL1 run for this one, and hopefully the naked barbarian run. I have a feeling these runs will be harder than Demon's.
SL1 and naked barbarian without pyromancy? Has this been done by anyone yet? I can't imagine attempting the Four Kings like this.

coldvein

Banned
Finally beat it last night!

It was a good run. I didn't have any big issues with any of the difficulty or mechanics. It did take me a while to get the jump down so that I could execute it every time.

Like Demon's Souls, this first run was almost totally blind.

I really like the seamless world. It feels a lot more unified of a world than Demon's Souls. I enjoyed the "story" of Demon's Souls a little more. I at least had my head wrapped around the story, whereas upon beating Dark Souls, I still wasn't sure what was going on storywise.

I'll probably take a break and play Zelda and Skyrim, then dive into NG+ and try and hit everything I missed, and work towards getting ready for my SL1 run for this one, and hopefully the naked barbarian run. I have a feeling these runs will be harder than Demon's.

We'll see! :)

All in all, still a great totally unique experience and world. And Demon's Souls still retains it's own charm and character.

how many hours did you log?

I'll probably take a break and play Zelda and Skyrim, then dive into NG+ and try and hit everything I missed, and work towards getting ready for my SL1 run for this one, and hopefully the naked barbarian run. I have a feeling these runs will be harder than Demon's..

Will you be recording it?

Loved your Demon's one :)

scosher

So I just acquired the Lord Vessel,
boobies!
Where do you guys recommend heading to next?

You can turn in the Lord Vessel to Frampt, or if you haven't done that yet, you can give it to
another serpent after defeating the boss in New Londo Ruins for more of the story -- so New Londo should be your next destination

Otherwise, the game is pretty open-ended after the Lord Vessel. Generally though, if you're a sorcery user, go complete Duke's Archives/Crystal Caves first for more spells and blue titanite chunks/slab. If you're a Faith user, go do Catacombs/Tomb of the Giants for white titanite chunks/slab. If you don't have the Int for Cast Light spell though, I would first go do Demon's Ruins/Lost Izalith so you can get the Sunlight Maggot helm, which'll make it easier to traverse Tomb of the Giants.

Or if you haven't done it, go do the Painted World in Anor Londo (optional level, but one of the best).

Broseybrose

I just beat Seath. SL 90. I cant help it, Im a level grinder. Off to the Catacombs I go!

VIT- 30
ATT- 16
END- 36
STR- 20
DEX- 20
RES- 14
INT- 26
FAI- 14

Unfortunately for me the Moonlight Sword dropped and I was killed before I could grab it. I couldnt get it to drop again after that. When the smoke cleared I was hoping it still be there for me to grab, but no drops... just a bonfire.

roxya

I just beat Seath. SL 90. I cant help it, Im a level grinder. Off to the Catacombs I go!

VIT- 30
ATT- 16
END- 36
STR- 20
DEX- 20
RES- 14
INT- 26
FAI- 14

Unfortunately for me the Moonlight Sword dropped and I was killed before I could grab it. I couldnt get it to drop again after that. When the smoke cleared I was hoping it still be there for me to grab, but no drops... just a bonfire.

Aren't you patched? Tail drops automatically go to your inventory now.

JRPereira

Did it drop in 1.05? Should already be in your inventory. Most(/all?) tail drops now are given to you rather than left on the tail post-patch.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Actually no. I made it lower level because I wanted to invade easier in the middle areas of the game. The later ones are not so postcard ready, while the early ones have you figuring out the game still.

And really, most of the times the host stays, I get destroyed :) It was too cool for me to face off invaders when playing my game, especially when I wasn't that ready for them. Just wanted to give some of that rush back, and see how far can I reach out with a weaker character.

In the same note, I got another higher leveled better equipped Sunbro character to help people with the middle/end of the game.

...so no, I'm really not playing this game to wreak anyone's fun.

Your intentions are irrelevant. You're going to be invading less experienced players who are trying to make it through whatever area they are in. If they want to avoid you and can, they will. It's the free market of Dark Souls. So, just as some inexperienced people have to deal with experienced players invading them with low-level characters, you have to deal with the fact that people don't always want to be invaded early in the game when they're still learning the ropes and acquiring gear.

Numpt3

You can turn in the Lord Vessel to Frampt, or if you haven't done that yet, you can give it to
another serpent after defeating the boss in New Londo Ruins for more of the story -- so New Londo should be your next destination

Otherwise, the game is pretty open-ended after the Lord Vessel. Generally though, if you're a sorcery user, go complete Duke's Archives/Crystal Caves first for more spells and blue titanite chunks/slab. If you're a Faith user, go do Catacombs/Tomb of the Giants for white titanite chunks/slab. If you don't have the Int for Cast Light spell though, I would first go do Demon's Ruins/Lost Izalith so you can get the Sunlight Maggot helm, which'll make it easier to traverse Tomb of the Giants.

Or if you haven't done it, go do the Painted World in Anor Londo (optional level, but one of the best).

Ooh that sounds interesting, I think I'l do that first then. Thanks for the advice!

I can't believe that I bought this on a whim thinking I'd try it out but I probably wouldn't like it.... the game is bloody brilliant.

zsswimmer

Does anyone else get 'Disc read failed' when they try to get summoned. It only happens when I'm being summoned :/ And I can't install on the HDD so I'm not sure what to do. No scratches on the disk either.

Im on the 360

Kjellson

Is this game ridiculously hard as the beginning of Demon's Souls was? I played a bit of Demon's Souls and I was just awful at it. I'm assuming that this game is similar and you have to try like ten times before making any progress?

Is this game ridiculously hard as the beginning of Demon's Souls was? I played a bit of Demon's Souls and I was just awful at it. I'm assuming that this game is similar and you have to try like ten times before making any progress?

About the same, yeah. I specifically remember thinking Dark Souls was harder, in fact, though I'm not sure I still agree. But it's the same basic forumla, yes.

Frank

Your intentions are irrelevant. You're going to be invading less experienced players who are trying to make it through whatever area they are in. If they want to avoid you and can, they will. It's the free market of Dark Souls. So, just as some inexperienced people have to deal with experienced players invading them with low-level characters, you have to deal with the fact that people don't always want to be invaded early in the game when they're still learning the ropes and acquiring gear.

Perfectly understandable. But would you consider someone over level 32 and attempting the areas begining with Sen's to be 'early in the game' and 'still learning the ropes'? Maybe my missing description of 'low level' put you on the wrong path.

roxya

Perfectly understandable. But would you consider someone over level 32 and attempting the areas begining with Sen's to be 'early in the game' and 'still learning the ropes'? Maybe my missing description of 'low level' put you on the wrong path.

When I started Sen's I was fucking awful still. I used all my Estus against Quelaag and finished on a slither of health. I was still using the Drake Sword. I couldn't handle fighting two serpent soldiers at the same time.

Yeah, I think they're still learning.

shiroryu

You probably just didn't run into the really hard gravelord enemies then. I got the same message yesterday while farming in darkroot garden and saw nothing, but once I ran into a huge red black knight in Anor Londo that wasn't supposed to be there, so tougher enemies are real. He died because the Gravelord died.
Wonder if they give more souls or items.

Frank

When I started Sen's I was fucking awful still. I used all my Estus against Quelaag and finished on a slither of health. I was still using the Drake Sword. I couldn't handle fighting two serpent soldiers at the same time.

Yeah, I think they're still learning.

Just as you measure by your experience I did a bit with mine. And the early game has been a bit longer for me, just because it all seemed teemingly horrifying and unwinnable. And endless. Doors kept opening in the weirdest places, and I had a quiver full of questions to ponder upon.

So, I... trained and slightly upgraded my equipment and took it as the game was asking me to take it. Somewhat methodically.

But it was more about finding a frame of mind. I didn't enter Sen's overpowered, and just as you I couldn't take on two serpents at a time without getting at least a good dent in my pride.

And I got invaded there a couple of times as I was advancing, and they were some of the most memorable experiences I ever had with a game. Sen's with its traps and denzinens and on top of it these red motherfuckers! I'm actually really sorry I won't have that feeling the first time again.

So there you go.

Guys, I wear the Black Iron Gauntlets +5, Silver Knight +5 or Favor Chest+5 and Gold-Hemmed Leggings.

What higher stat leggings should I use? And sorry I'm not using the Black iron Leggins, it looks too stupid.

oracrest

Will you be recording it?

Loved your Demon's one :)

Yeah, I would record these. Gotta share the love!

how many hours did you log?

I clocked in around 80 hours, with Soul Level of around 81 or so. I managed to get in a few or all of the optional areas; revisit the asylum, painted world, Valley of Drakes, and Gwyndolin. Never fought the tutorial boss again though.

SL1 and naked barbarian without pyromancy? Has this been done by anyone yet? I can't imagine attempting the Four Kings like this.

Hopefully without pyromancy. Primarily melee is the heart and soul of those kinds of challenge runs for me :) I just hope there aren't required falls that a SL 1 would die from, for example, such as into the pinwheel chamber, for example. But even if so, there may be work stooges.

Part of me feels they tailored the game somewhat for low level runs. The one ring that boosts your equip burden, stamina, etc, but breaks if ever removed seems only really useful for a SL 1 type playthrough, where you would just dedicate a ring slot for that one for the whole game.... Even the Darksign feels geared specifically for speedruns.

Minamu

Wonder if they give more souls or items.
Probably. He didn't seem too tough so I was pretty close to killing him before he auto died on me :(

Gwyn defeated! :D With the help of two summons, he was almost pathetic. I'm a bit disappointed in the really bad increase of souls in Darkroot Garden though :( 21k on ng+ and only 22470 in ng++? :( How am I supposed to grind efficiently now? :p

sixghost

Yeah, I would record these. Gotta share the love!

I clocked in around 80 hours, with Soul Level of around 81 or so. I managed to get in a few or all of the optional areas; revisit the asylum, painted world, Valley of Drakes, and Gwyndolin. Never fought the tutorial boss again though.

Hopefully without pyromancy. Primarily melee is the heart and soul of those kinds of challenge runs for me :) I just hope there aren't required falls that a SL 1 would die from, for example, such as into the pinwheel chamber, for example. But even if so, there may be work stooges.

Part of me feels they tailored the game somewhat for low level runs. The one ring that boosts your equip burden, stamina, etc, but breaks if ever removed seems only really useful for a SL 1 type playthrough, where you would just dedicate a ring slot for that one for the whole game.... Even the Darksign feels geared specifically for speedruns.

I would be worried about the fall into Nito's area. You can slide down the left side of the wall a bit, but it still takes off a ton of health when you hit the ground.

I will be seriously impressed if you manage to beat the 4 kings at SL1. Even with maxed gear that would seem incredibly hard. More so because your min reqs will be so low, locking you out of a bunch of weapons.

I just can't imagine you'll be able to do enough DPS to outdamage the new kings spawning while dodging the amount of attacks you'd need to stay alive with that low VIT. That fight might just come down to you getting lucky enough to not have the kings do the magic missile, AoE, or grab attack, as all of those are easily dodgeable but waste a ton of valuable time.

shiroryu

Just as you measure by your experience I did a bit with mine. And the early game has been a bit longer for me, just because it all seemed teemingly horrifying and unwinnable. And endless. Doors kept opening in the weirdest places, and I had a quiver full of questions to ponder upon.

So, I... trained and slightly upgraded my equipment and took it as the game was asking me to take it. Somewhat methodically.

But it was more about finding a frame of mind. I didn't enter Sen's overpowered, and just as you I couldn't take on two serpents at a time without getting at least a good dent in my pride.

And I got invaded there a couple of times as I was advancing, and they were some of the most memorable experiences I ever had with a game. Sen's with its traps and denzinens and on top of it these red motherfuckers! I'm actually really sorry I won't have that feeling the first time again.

So there you go.

I can see both sides' issues; neither is wrong, really. It's understandable for a host to not miss out on his progress because of a random invasion, and it's understandable that invading can be fun so long as you're not glitching or trolling.

From intended invading to be the factor that kept co-op in check; it's basically the game's way of cutting you down to size as you breeze through levels with phantom help - here's a challenge that you and your phantom helpers can't deal with so easily.

Unfortunately, the penalty for the host is loss of progress; the host doesn't know what invaders are packing; and there are invaders who're glitching and trolling - pretty much ensures that if the host decides to fight, it's not worth the time.

I think that From should have either eliminated loss of progress, or linked the chance of invasion to the help you have; if you're going through the level with two phantoms, you're getting invaded. Repeatedly. If you're soloing as human ( I do it for the higher drop rate, being able to summon boss gate NPCs) then invasions should be within narrower ranges and lesser chances IMO.

shiroryu

I just hope there aren't required falls that a SL 1 would die from, for example, such as into the pinwheel chamber, for example. But even if so, there may be work stooges. .
Looking forward to these. I read somewhere in this thread that fall damage scales to your HP, rather than being a fixed damage thing - so it might help you. And there's Fall Control, of course.

EasyMode

The fall into
Nito's chamber
does quite a lot of damage, I even died once because of it. The ring of favor might be enough to survive though, I'm not sure.

How would you even go about being SL1? I didn't think any of the classes start that low.

Pyro starts at level 1.

Forgive me, I want to say you guys were just talking abou this, but what's going on here?

soyZo.jpg

First I'm seeing this.

one85x

Forgive me, I want to say you guys were just talking abou this, but what's going on here?

soyZo.jpg

First I'm seeing this.
They enhance the power of miracles. I believe they're supposed to show up when someone in another world has used a miracle, but it doesn't seem to work too well.

Minamu

I have a straight sword hilt+10. Will that make me the regular Greatsword of Artorias or the cursed one? The regular is the last weapon I need, I think.

Managed to beat all of Anor Londo in 3 player coop with two invasions. First time I've ever really cooped in over 100 hours :lol It was great o_O Funny how the silver serpent ring works on bosses xD Thanks for almost 200k Smough & Ornstein (they've never died so fast and easy :D)!

tokkun

I have a straight sword hilt+10. Will that make me the regular Greatsword of Artorias or the cursed one? The regular is the last weapon I need, I think.

Managed to beat all of Anor Londo in 3 player coop with two invasions. First time I've ever really cooped in over 100 hours :lol It was great o_O Funny how the silver serpent ring works on bosses xD Thanks for almost 200k Smough & Ornstein (they've never died so fast and easy :D)!

It makes the True Greatsword. If you're not certain, just look at the stats on the upgrade screen. The True version has requirements of 20 in each stat. Cursed version requires 18.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I can see both sides' issues; neither is wrong, really. It's understandable for a host to not miss out on his progress because of a random invasion, and it's understandable that invading can be fun so long as you're not glitching or trolling.

From intended invading to be the factor that kept co-op in check; it's basically the game's way of cutting you down to size as you breeze through levels with phantom help - here's a challenge that you and your phantom helpers can't deal with so easily.

Unfortunately, the penalty for the host is loss of progress; the host doesn't know what invaders are packing; and there are invaders who're glitching and trolling - pretty much ensures that if the host decides to fight, it's not worth the time.

I think that From should have either eliminated loss of progress, or linked the chance of invasion to the help you have; if you're going through the level with two phantoms, you're getting invaded. Repeatedly. If you're soloing as human ( I do it for the higher drop rate, being able to summon boss gate NPCs) then invasions should be within narrower ranges and lesser chances IMO.

With how frequent invasions have gotten I'm honestly finding it hard to muster any ire against the people who pull the plug. I'm doing tons of jolly co-operation on my current character, and anything longer than a direct run to the boss is essentially a guarantee of having an invasion. And sometimes even a straight run to the boss gets you one. Pair that with how many invaders are heavily twinked low-level PvP builds and it's pretty unsurprising that people get fed up with it. When I was helping people with Capra there was a guy who invaded repeatedly with a Lightning Shotel and a maxed-out Pyromancy Flame. In the Lower Undead Burg. He was invading people still largely equipped with their starter gear who are so deathly afraid of the coming boss that they summon help while dual-wielding shields in hopes of surviving.

I'm a pretty big proponent of the "Invasions are part of the game, dealing with them is the price you pay for being able to summon help" school of thought, but when turning human is a virtual guarantee of having to deal with a min-maxed griefer I start finding it hard to really hold it against the people who just flip the switch on the router when yet another one announces his presence.

Minamu

It makes the True Greatsword. If you're not certain, just look at the stats on the upgrade screen. The True version has requirements of 20 in each stat. Cursed version requires 18.
Oh, smart :D I must be confusing it with some other weapon I have because I'm certain the cursed one I have requires 20 int+fai o_O But it doesn't look like this at all: http://i.imgur.com/Q7BvS.jpg and I'm not holding it upwards like that either. Will double check tomorrow. Going from Kiln to the end of Anor Londo in one sitting without food wasn't a smart move xD

Sullichin

With how frequent invasions have gotten I'm honestly finding it hard to muster any ire against the people who pull the plug. I'm doing tons of jolly co-operation on my current character, and anything longer than a direct run to the boss is essentially a guarantee of having an invasion. And sometimes even a straight run to the boss gets you one. Pair that with how many invaders are heavily twinked low-level PvP builds and it's pretty unsurprising that people get fed up with it. When I was helping people with Capra there was a guy who invaded repeatedly with a Lightning Shotel and a maxed-out Pyromancy Flame. In the Lower Undead Burg. He was invading people still largely equipped with their starter gear who are so deathly afraid of the coming boss that they summon help while dual-wielding shields in hopes of surviving.

I'm a pretty big proponent of the "Invasions are part of the game, dealing with them is the price you pay for being able to summon help" school of thought, but when turning human is a virtual guarantee of having to deal with a min-maxed griefer I start finding it hard to really hold it against the people who just flip the switch on the router when yet another one announces his presence.

Lol, how can you get all the way to anor londo to craft a lightning weapon and still be low enough level to invade at undead burg? That guy must be a beast. And what does "heavily twinked" mean?

Is there an item you can use to banish red phantoms?

Steroyd

Ugh...

I think I may have accidentally went into Blittown through some "backdoor" because I made it so far (so very very far) and then came across a door that is locked on the other side, yay me.

So just to make sure I didn't take a wrong turn everywhere, where is the Bell down in the depths, and how do you (or supposed to) get to Blighttown. ¬_¬

sixghost

Lol, how can you get all the way to anor londo to craft a lightning weapon and still be low enough level to invade at undead burg? That guy must be a beast. And what does "heavily twinked" mean?

That's what I was going to ask. Is there anyway get that item in any large quantity? Also, is there anyway to ban a certain person from invading you in the case of someone like that?
Ugh...

I think I may have accidentally went into Blittown through some "backdoor" because I made it so far (so very very far) and then came across a door that is locked on the other side, yay me.

So just to make sure I didn't take a wrong turn everywhere, where is the Bell down in the depths, and how do you (or supposed to) get to Blighttown. ¬_¬
That's either one of two things. Either you somehow entered Blighttown through the Valley of Drakes backdoor, and then proceeded to make your way all the way through Blighttown in reverse, or you are still in the Depths, and are just missing the hallway that leads to the Depths boss, which gives you the key to enter Blighttown.

The latter is much more likely.

The 2nd bell is in Blighttown, not the Depths.

Sullichin

Ugh...

The bell is in blighttown, not in the depths. There is a boss across from the bonfire that's near the swap area, you ring the bell after you beat that.

Normally to get into the depths you have to beat capra demon in lower undead burg and get the key to the depths, then beat the boss in the depths to get to blighttown. but if you manage to ring the bell, you don't even need to go to the depths at all. I enjoy the depths though, and there's rats there that you can farm for humanity. The boss is also a lot of fun and there's lots of co-op action for it.

oracrest

I will be seriously impressed if you manage to beat the 4 kings at SL1. Even with maxed gear that would seem incredibly hard. More so because your min reqs will be so low, locking you out of a bunch of weapons.

that's really the beauty of that playthrough. Both games have such a large amount of possibilities that it can be mind boggling, but with a tight restriction, you really get to explore and understand the systems very tightly, and be really proficient with your gear.

-unequiping bows when you don't need them to open more equip burden, abandoning a shield completely for the same reason, and because many enemies are very possible to handle with quick feet and good timing. The equip burden rings in each game are essential, and I am curious if the two different equip-burden-increase rings are stackable in DaS.

In Demon's Souls, I was able to ultimately wield a Scimitar +10, and a mix of Yurt's armor, and lighter armor pieces, and still roll fast, and maintain good damage against enemies. I was still able to survive attacks from False King, and not get one-hit when I was at full health.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.

It's entirely possible to get all the way to the end of Anor Londo without gaining a single soul level. Pre-patch you'd start with the Master Key, blitz Ash Lake, soul glitch to fully upgrade a Pyromancy Flame, then use it to tear shit up. A maxed-out flame could Combustion everything between you and sweet, sweet Lightning weapons easily. Post-patch you obviously can't soul glitch and Pyromancy is weakened, but the basic idea should still be able to get you through.

Twinked characters are characters with equipment way beyond what they should have at their level. I'd... never really thought about its probable etymology until you asked that. Now that I think about it I am not very fond of the term, and I think I'll stop using it.

And no, you can't banish invaders.

-unequiping bows when you don't need them to open more equip burden, abandoning a shield completely for the same reason, and because many enemies are very possible to handle with quick feet and good timing. The equip burden rings in each game are essential, and I am curious if the two different equip-burden-increase rings are stackable in DaS.

Favor and Protection and Havel's Rings stack, yeah. Mighty handy if you're inclined to wear the heavy kit.

Steroyd

That's what I was going to ask. Is there anyway get that item in any large quantity? Also, is there anyway to ban a certain person from invading you in the case of someone like that?

That's either one of two things. Either you somehow entered Blighttown through the Valley of Drakes backdoor, and then proceeded to make your way all the way through Blighttown in reverse, or you are still in the Depths, and are just missing the hallway that leads to the Depths boss, which gives you the key to enter Blighttown.

The latter is much more likely.

The 2nd bell is in Blighttown, not the Depths.

The bell is in blighttown, not in the depths. There is a boss across from the bonfire that's near the swap area, you ring the bell after you beat that.

Normally to get into the depths you have to beat capra demon in lower undead burg and get the key to the depths, then beat the boss in the depths to get to blighttown. but if you manage to ring the bell, you don't even need to go to the depths at all. I enjoy the depths though, and there's rats there that you can farm for humanity. The boss is also a lot of fun and there's lots of co-op action for it.

Motherfu-- You mean where I was supposed to go was that place with those shitty boulder throwers and that place where the corpses seemingly come alive but there's about 5 leech things inside them?

Oh man, I didn't really attempt that place because I kept getting one shotted by the boss. >_<

elohel

it feels like there isn't as much "secret stuff" to this game as demons souls, maybe im wrong

also do the covenants just boil down to a few items and areas that get unlocked?

you pump a bunch of humanity into em and you get a few items and some areas become safe to explore no?

Sullichin

Motherfu-- You mean where I was supposed to go was that place with those shitty boulder throwers and that place where the corpses seemingly come alive but there's about 5 leech things inside them?

Oh man, I didn't really attempt that place because I kept getting one shotted by the boss. >_<

Yep. Just run past the boulder throwers and run past the miserable looking hunchback dudes. You can try summoning some help for that boss at the bonfire or right outside the fog. What SL are you?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Did you kill the spider boss, or is that the one that is one-shotting you? If you killed her, the bell is nearby. Maybe you missed the switch and kept on trucking into the Demon Ruins, where there are lots of guys with maggots inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom