• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So I played a bunch last night. I was able to find the key and free Master Logan in the Duke's Archives and bought all of his spells off of him. Took a little longer than I thought but not too bad.

I then decided since I wanted the Moonlight Greatsword to try and take off the tail of Seath. I wasn't able to do it. I tried about 7 times. I was using the lightning spear to try and take it off. Am I supposed to use a sword instead? Will a spear not work? Anyway, I got a little tired of trying to go for it and then just attacked him a little bit just to see what kind of damage I would be doing normally. I am playing primarily with magic and was excited to see what my new spells would do against him. The crystal spear and homing crystal missiles barely did any damage. Is this because I'm in the crystal caves? Is he resistant to magic? If so, I'm going to have a bitch of a time fighting him and it doesn't seem like there's an easy area for co-op for him either.

On my last attempt against him last night I got cursed for the first time. I figured, no big deal. Then I died and realized I would still be cursed. Uh oh. The game told me I had to find some healer in New Londo or have some item to cure it. Where can I find this item? I haven't been to New Londo yet and I was waiting to go there until after I had finished off Seath.

You can buy purging stones from the merchant in the firelink sewers.

Don't go all the way to new londo. That message is such a troll lol, the first time most players get cursed is probably in the depths, and getting through new londo at that point is a pain. Thankfully where you are, the clams in the room before Seath sometimes drop purging stones, which is the item you need. So just farm those. Re: getting his tail, if you trick him into breaking the crystal with his breath attack, he will be stunned and you will have enough time to go around and chop it off. It's probably the hardest tail drop to get.

Black Knight shield has great fire resist, and is dropped by the knights leading up to him. You can also parry with this shield, and Gwyn can be parried/riposted - once you get the timing down it's probably the best way to beat him. If you don't do it this way, it's safe to get an attack in or heal right after he misses his grab attack. You can also get him stuck momentarily behind stuff, but he'll get back in your face soon enough. There's lots of people helping for that fight probably, but the kiln is also a popular pvp/invasion area so keep that in mind.

Yeah Sen's is pretty brutal the first time through. Use the traps to your advantage, they can help you take down almost every enemy once you know how to avoid them yourself.

I died like 5 times to him yesterday like 6 times till I discovered this and went on to beat him very easily.

Soulhouf

Don't go all the way to new londo. That message is such a troll lol,

It's not a troll. That's what I did in my 1st run. Got cursed first time by Seath so I went to New Londo.
Being cursed allowed me to kill the ghosts and went to the man dressed in red who not only cured me but also gave me the key to open the flood gate.

It was awesome and I don't think I would find it as awesome if I did it the same boring way I do it right now...

Actually I think they should make going to New Londo the only way to cure yourself from curse. That would make the game much more intense especially if you get cursed very early in the game.

On a side note, I beat the game like 15 times and last night Seath kicked my ass once more. He enjoys doing that to me every time. I rather get stomped by his tail or fail miserably to heal when flooded by his crystal breath :|

AEGISX

Banned
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder - This guy has proven pretty tough.

He's alot like the Fire Lord from Demon's Souls. Tough, flaming guy that you have to really brawl with. Any tips? How did you folks beat him?

Are there lots of people helping with this fight? I haven't seen any signs and when I leave mine to help others it doesn't get picked up.
Equip the ring that boosts critical damage and a weapon with highest damage you have. Parry him to death. I used black knight and black knight great sword 4 shot him

demigod

Damn, it took me like 6 hours to farm 35 dragon scales to get dragon torso stone and upgraded my dragon greatsword. The stone is NOT worth getting!!!

2AdEPT

Okay. So I played a bunch last night. I was able to find the key and free Master Logan in the Duke's Archives and bought all of his spells off of him. Took a little longer than I thought but not too bad.

I then decided since I wanted the Moonlight Greatsword to try and take off the tail of Seath. I wasn't able to do it. I tried about 7 times. I was using the lightning spear to try and take it off. Am I supposed to use a sword instead? Will a spear not work? Anyway, I got a little tired of trying to go for it and then just attacked him a little bit just to see what kind of damage I would be doing normally. I am playing primarily with magic and was excited to see what my new spells would do against him. The crystal spear and homing crystal missiles barely did any damage. Is this because I'm in the crystal caves? Is he resistant to magic? If so, I'm going to have a bitch of a time fighting him and it doesn't seem like there's an easy area for co-op for him either.

On my last attempt against him last night I got cursed for the first time. I figured, no big deal. Then I died and realized I would still be cursed. Uh oh. The game told me I had to find some healer in New Londo or have some item to cure it. Where can I find this item? I haven't been to New Londo yet and I was waiting to go there until after I had finished off Seath.

You ask a lot of separate questions here and I will try not to double sullichims answers.....First, yes Seath is resistant to magic, but not lightning or fire. He is an easy boss if not preoccupied with the tail. Sullichins method works well I hear, and have seen it done on you tube, but the guy there had Queelags Fury Sword....sharp, cutting weapons do get a bosst and make tail chops easier. I have always used co-op to get the tail. AS long as you tell the co-op guy or gal via message what you want (and not to kill seath outright) AND also instruct them where to stand if htey don['t know, then it is easy.....if you do not get a player who knows to stand OPPOSITE to you it can be frustrating...unless you kep seath in the middle of the area he will not even show his tail and you will get frustrated. Look for helpers at the last bonfire in the Archives that looks over the treed area before the caves.....tonnes of action when I played...most players know that the tail and magic walkways for noobs is a cool place to help out so you should still get some action, particularllry if you are weary of japanese time zone hot times.

Is demon souls worth playing after dark souls? i never played it but i loved the hell out of dark souls

Yes, even if imo Dark Souls is superior in every way to Demon's Souls. (By the way i think US servers for the game are going down on June 30 or something so, try to get an EU or Asia version)

Sullichin

Is demon souls worth playing after dark souls? i never played it but i loved the hell out of dark souls

Yes- it is a really great game. I find that I like Dark Souls' design choices more overall, but DeS is the same level of quality as this game. However, the servers for online play in the American version are shutting down on May 31 -- the game has different servers per region unlike Dark Souls. The European and Asian versions don't have an announced shut off date and are maintained by different companies than the American version. So, if you're in NA you might get more mileage out of the online in that game if you buy the European or Chinese (specifically chinese because it has english text) version.

Well i'm torn. Hit 115. 5 levels to go on my pvp dex build and i'm not sure weather or not to sink them into vitality or attunement.

It's basically one more slot(have 3) vs 100 extra hp(have 1386).

I mostly only use my weapon buffs in PVP. WOG feels way to cheap for me to utilize in pvp.

Sullichin

Well i'm torn. Hit 115. 5 levels to go on my pvp dex build and i'm not sure weather or not to sink them into vitality or attunement.

It's basically one more slot(have 3) vs 100 extra hp(have 1386).

I mostly only use my weapon buffs in PVP. WOG feels way to cheap for me to utilize in pvp.

There's a difference between spamming WOG and using it strategically among your other attacks. With one more slot you'd only get 3 casts of WOG, and many players know how to dodge it. I find it most useful when I catch a weak opponent off guard with it because I haven't been using it previously in the fight.

2AdEPT

Demon's and Dark have their own benefits compared to each other, but there is a reason why Dark Souls had a lot of pre-orders....Demon's will go down in history as one of the best video games of all time in my mind, even better than Dark, just because it was first. The virgin expereince for the best ARPG mindset ever can never be taken away from demons. Perhpas if I played Dark first, I wouldn't feel so nostalgic; but Demon's is a great fucking game...and if you liked the souls experience with Dark you will like Demon's close to the same. Even the witcher series tried (and almost did it but failed) to come close to the combat system of Dark and demon's is no different ...the combat is the same. If you crave more Dark you will get it in Demon's ....awesome bosses, best co-op ever, etc, etc. No self respecting Dark souls enthusiast can call themselves a fan of FROM unless they have spent a few hours with Flamelurker or Maneater...come to thnink of it, there have been all kinds of lists created to rank the bosses in both games....Sif, and Orn and Smu are high up, as are queelag and gargoyles...but ohter than that the rest are all from DEmon's and most agree False King Allant is still the best of all time. Best is linked to difficulty for me so consider this in the list that follows.....I can't find a link here at work but here is my personal ranking of all bosses in both series:

1.) King Allant 1B) Old Monk ***
2.) Flamelurker
3.) Sif
4.) Iron Knight
5.) Orn and Smu
6.) Gargoyles
7.) Iron Knight
8.) Penetrator
9.) Maneaters
10.) Queelag

*** depends on who you get that invades but some of the most epic and fair PVP ever.

Aside from perhas Old Hero, Adjudicator, Storm king and Taurus which are middle ofthe road, Ok Gwynn is not terrible but surely a let down as the end boss...the others in BOTH games suck in compariosn to this list. Old monk NPc version sucks.
PLus ALL the demi bosses in Demons are better, all the black phantom fights are tough and almost as tough as the bosses....not so in Dark...REmember that many said DEmon's was too tough so they nerfed a lot of the experperience owing to that criticism...unnecessarily I might add. Mildred, Kirk, Painted guy for get his name, and Leroy are virtual OHK....every black phantom fight in Demon's is WAAAY tougher....and there a re too many to list.

GEez now you got me started! THE "feel" for each new area you explore and find was maintianed in Dark, but not improved upon except for sen's...the first few interactions in levels 3.1., 3.2 and 4.2 of Demons are pretty high up there with sen's and ANor londo...SEns is my favourite dungeon of any video game ever though. Even the valley of defilement and blighttown have thier place and if you have only done blighttown and not the orignal valley.....you are only half as experienced in that style of world.....

THe point is that FROM has kicked every other RPG developer in the A$$ and it started with Demons.

Equip the ring that boosts critical damage and a weapon with highest damage you have. Parry him to death. I used black knight and black knight great sword 4 shot him

You can summon SOlaire as soon as you get off the bridged walkways ot the left. BUt only if you kept his story goign properly. Having SOlaire as a distraction (he doesn't hit that hard) was all I needed to push me over the edge as I could usulaly only get one parry in per attempt.

Soulhouf

I agree with most of this.

Here is my personal top bosses:

1)King Allant
2) Old Monk
3) 4 Kings
4) Penetrator
5) Maiden Astrea
6) Tower Knight
7) Iron Golem
8) Gwyn
9) Gaping Dragon
10) Flamelurker
11) Orstein and Smough
12) Seath the Scaleless
13) Maneaters

THe point is that FROM has kicked every other RPG developer in the A$$ and it started with Demons.
They did it before with the magnificent Shadow Tower.

Mike M

Nick N
So, let's put the enemies who curse you here... and, hum, let's put the guy who sells the cure waaaaaaaaay over there.

?

Female undead merchant isn't that far from the basilisks in The Depths, man-eating clams drop Purging Stones in Ask Lake and Crystal Cave, both near the other places you can get cursed.

Sblargh

Banned
?

Female undead merchant isn't that far from the basilisks in The Depths, man-eating clams drop Purging Stones in Ask Lake and Crystal Cave, both near the other places you can get cursed.

You are right. I missed the female undead merchant. Backtracked all the way to the Parish from the Depths to get rid of the curse.
-
Gaping Demon fight was awesome. Really awesome. Loved it. Now it's time to get that damn Butterfly I guess.

Also, I don't even want to know what is a man-eating clam.

They did it before with the magnificent Shadow Tower.

They did it a hell of a long time before that, King's Field series.

My top ten boss list from Demon's/Dark in order of epicness:

1. O&S
2. Flamelurker
3. Tower Knight
4. Old Monk
5. Gwyn (would be 1st if not for parries)
6. Sif
7. Iron Golem
8. King Allant
9. Maiden Astraea/Garl Vinland
10. Seath the Scaleless

Oh, and one more thing. Hellkite Drake in NG and onward >>>>>> any BP in Demon's. That dude is crazy hard to kill, even when you cheat and shoot at his tail all day.

Sullichin

We're doing the boss rank thing? Ah hell. Something like this:

1. Ornstein and Smough
  2. Gaping Dragon
  3. Maneater
  4. Flamelurker
  5. Quelaag
  6. Gwyn
  7. Maiden Astrea / Garl Vinland (I'll admit the music / dialogue plays a big part in this)
  8. Four Kings
  9. False King Allant
  10. Seath

Oh, and one more thing. Hellkite Drake in NG and onward >>>>>> any BP in Demon's. That dude is crazy hard to kill, even when you cheat and shoot at his tail all day.

Idk, BP Satsuki rushing you right from the beginning of 4-1 is pretty tough. Plus they put BPs in your path on your way to bosses. The dragon's easily avoidable and not even really worth killing

AEGISX

Banned
Dark Souls:
1. O&S (S first O second)
2. Stray Demon
3. Seath (for moonlight blade)
4. Four Kings (NG+)

the rest are too easy, even in NG+

Demon's:
no boss is difficult if you play as a mage, just eat spice and cast spells

So, I know that this is massively LTTP and everyone probably knows this, but Gwyn was supposed to be harder to parry and the creator wasn't very happy that you can basically just parry him to death like it ain't no thang.

Are they going to be tweaking this for the PC release? Because, for whatever reason, I just could NOT get the timing window for him down and he kept breakin' my balls as it was :(

Derrick01

Banned
Quick question time again. Just picked up a lightning spear from a mimic, it does less physical damage than my current weapon but does the 160 lightning damage add on to that, basically making it 320 overall? Or is it just 160 total for some weird reason?

AEGISX

Banned
Quick question time again. Just picked up a lightning spear from a mimic, it does less physical damage than my current weapon but does the 160 lightning damage add on to that, basically making it 320 overall? Or is it just 160 total for some weird reason?

320 overall but it has to go through two defensive stats (physical and lightning). if you have a weapon does 320 pure physical damage, it will do more damage to most enemies than the lightning spear.

I have True Greatsword of Artorias (Physical and Magical damage) and Great Lord Greatsword (Physical only) both doing about 530 total damage, but the Great Lord usually do more damage to enemies than Artorias

Derrick01

Banned
320 overall but it has to go through two defensive stats (physical and lightning). if you have a weapon does 320 pure physical damage, it will do more damage to most enemies than the lightning spear.

I have True Greatsword of Artorias (Physical and Magical damage) and Great Lord Greatsword (Physical only) both doing about 530 total damage, but the Great Lord usually do more damage to enemies than Artorias

Thanks. So far what I've used it on in Sen's fortress it did pretty bad compared to my raw halberd +2.

I managed to clear the iron golem in 3 tries. Would have been 1 but even though I was completely behind him when he went to grab (usually around 20% health) he warped in front of me at the last second and slammed me down. Both times he did that was near a ledge and I fell while getting up. He was a really easy boss other than those glitches though.

I hope I can find this supposed smith that's in anor londo. I want to make quelaag's furysword.

Sajjaja

Exams finally over and I managed to play. Cleared Sens Fortress, made it to Anor Londo and beat Ornstein and Smough the first try with coop. Man coop is so fun. Its the only time I win invasions >_< Anor Londo scares the crap outta me, like most of the game, but here especially cause the frequent invasions and my inability to fight in PvP especially with that delay.

Also, how do I get the Dark Woodgrain Ring? I'm using a Dex build and I want to be a ninja. I always get lost in the forest or raped by the giants.

Also, any gear I should aim for? Using Balder Side Sword +9 with that Stamina regen shield +1. I'm using the silver knight armor right now minus the helm so I can move mid speed.

Any tips general?
My stats are something like
16 str
30.dex
27 end
23.vital

Level 52

Sorry for.bad grammar. On phone.

Exams finally over and I managed to play. Cleared Sens Fortress, made it to Anor Londo and beat Ornstein and Smough the first try with coop. Man coop is so fun. Its the only time I win invasions >_< Anor Londo scares the crap outta me, like most of the game, but here especially cause the frequent invasions and my inability to fight in PvP especially with that delay.

Also, how do I get the Dark Woodgrain Ring? I'm using a Dex build and I want to be a ninja. I always get lost in the forest or raped by the giants.

Also, any gear I should aim for? Using Balder Side Sword +9 with that Stamina regen shield +1. I'm using the silver knight armor right now minus the helm so I can move mid speed.

Any tips general?
My stats are something like
16 str
30.dex
27 end
23.vital

Level 52

Sorry for.bad grammar. On phone.
You need to join the Forest Covenant to get the Dark Woodgrain ring. It involves attacking a certain member of the covenant. You should look it up in the wiki for more info.

Sajjaja

You need to join the Forest Covenant to get the Dark Woodgrain ring. It involves attacking a certain member of the covenant. You should look it up in the wiki for more info.
I know that but I don't know how to get there lol. I don't like using maps, only in dire situations where I've cried for 20 mins. I come to you all for directions as to avoid spoilers.

I know that but I don't know how to get there lol. I don't like using maps, only in dire situations where I've cried for 20 mins.
You didn't post anything specific!

Just to cover all the bases: Just directions that are spoiled.

To the forest covenant: The path by Andre of Astora (blacksmith) leads to the forest area in which you should purchase the crest from him for 20K souls. Follow the path til you get to a strange door. Left of door is a hidden bonfire. Open door and there will be NPC that will attack you if you go out there. Once killed, make your way straight through without turning to a stone door way. Inside, at the left is a cat. Join the covenant.

Getting the ring:
A npc named Shiva (he sells stuff too) will appear in Blighttown under the spinning wheel elevator. Behind the wall where Shiva is leading on, the slightly transparent ninja will be there. You need to kill him. You have a good chance of dying here. But you will be able to find both of them back at the forest where you join the covenant.

AEGISX

Banned
Bah, real men use Chaos Blades.
Joking, even though I actually do use Chaos Blade.

The smith is near the boss, up a long flight of stairs in a large room.

Furyblade beats Chaos blade every aspect. not to mention it will damages its user. Chaos only wins if you are against an enemy heavily resistant to fire damage. again, you can use another weapon, that doesnt damage yourself, instead.
Chaos is purely for show.

Furyblade beats Chaos blade every aspect. not to mention it will damages its user. Chaos only wins if you are against an enemy heavily resistant to fire damage. again, you can use another weapon, that doesnt damage yourself, instead.
Chaos is purely for show.

Chaos Blade is 450 ATP unbuffed at 40 DEX, longer than an Uchi and has a waaaaaayyy better moveset than Furysword (katana moveset > scimitar moveset for PVP).

If getting hurt on each hit really messed with your gameplay, wear Evil Eye Ring since everything dies in 1-2 hits, profit. The HP loss is so negligible that unless you get hit a lot you won't worry about it.

EDIT: Oh, and Furysword is split damage which is kinda bad unless it's a lightning weapon.

soultron

Banned
4 Kings is mental not because of the difficulty, but moreso because
you can't see anything
. Beat it on my first try, soloing it, and got the fuck out of
NLR by warping.
Thank goodness I roughly know the layout in there now. So goddamned dark in there. Can't wait to do
Tomb of the Giants if that's even darker.
Haha.

I need to find this
lantern and/or lantern hat thing
that loading screen hints at being in the Catacombs already. Problem is I don't yet have a divine weapon to kill the
respawning skeletons
in there. I have an Enchanted Falchion +4 but it doesn't seem to work on putting them down for good.

I need to find this
that loading screen hints at being in the Catacombs already. Problem is I don't yet have a divine weapon to kill the
respawning skeletons
in there. I have an Enchanted Falchion +4 but it doesn't seem to work on putting them down for good.

To make the Tomb of the Giants much easier,
complete Lost Izalith first and you should find the lantern headpiece (Sunlight Maggot) along the way. The Skull Lantern found in the Tomb sucks because you have to equip it in one of your hands

As for divine weapons, I believe it only takes a handful of green titanite shards to create one from a +5 normal weapon. Get some humanity and farm the leeches in the Blighttown swamp toward the entrance to The Great Hollow. They drop them a ton of them.

I need to find this
respawning skeletons

Yeah, only a "Divine" path weapon will do the job. Astora's Straight Sword (and Grant I believe) will also do it. If you don't have either of those, you can kill the skellies and run while they respawn until you kill the Necromancer (old pyromancer dudes with the lanterns) which also stops them from respawning.

As for the Skull Lantern and Sunlight Maggot, their locations are (put in spoilers for those who want to go in blind):

Skull Lantern -
They have a chance of dropping from the Necromancers, and there is one in Tomb of the Giants about halfway in, near a bonfire and an NPC.

Sunlight Maggot -
In an area of Lost Izalith that's accessible either by going through the level or by using 30 Humanity on the Chaos Covenant to go through the shortcut. Kill a small hopping bug and you get it.

soultron

Banned
Yeah, only a "Divine" path weapon will do the job. Astora's Straight Sword (and Grant I believe) will also do it. If you don't have either of those, you can kill the skellies and run while they respawn until you kill the Necromancer (old pyromancer dudes with the lanterns) which also stops them from respawning.

As for the Skull Lantern and Sunlight Maggot, their locations are (put in spoilers for those who want to go in blind):

Skull Lantern -
They have a chance of dropping from the Necromancers, and there is one in Tomb of the Giants about halfway in, near a bonfire and an NPC.

Sunlight Maggot -
In an area of Lost Izalith that's accessible either by going through the level or by using 30 Humanity on the Chaos Covenant to go through the shortcut. Kill a small hopping bug and you get it.

Just got Astora's Straight Sword today (after visiting VOD via NLR) and I'm nearly level 80 now, focusing on DEX/VIT/END, which means I probably will never have the required Faith to equip it properly. (At least on this playthrough.) Wish I had gotten it earlier in the game; I would've put the smaller levelling amount of souls into Faith gains required to wield it effectively. Now it just seems like a lost cause. :C

The Xtortionist said:
To make the Tomb of the Giants much easier, complete Lost Izalith first and you should find the lantern headpiece (Sunlight Maggot) along the way. The Skull Lantern found in the Tomb sucks because you have to equip it in one of your hands.

As for divine weapons, I believe it only takes a handful of green titanite shards to create one from a +5 normal weapon. Get some humanity and farm the leeches in the Blighttown swamp toward the entrance to The Great Hollow. They drop them a ton of them.

Just might do this. It's going to take a lot for me to put down my Lightning Scimitar +7 (IIRC), especially since I'm the motherfucking god of thunder now with my full Orenstein suit. :p

Wondering what I'll use as a divine weapon. Might look into the weak base Estoc I have right now.

AEGISX

Banned
Chaos Blade is 450 ATP unbuffed at 40 DEX, longer than an Uchi and has a waaaaaayyy better moveset than Furysword (katana moveset > scimitar moveset for PVP).

If getting hurt on each hit really messed with your gameplay, wear Evil Eye Ring since everything dies in 1-2 hits, profit. The HP loss is so negligible that unless you get hit a lot you won't worry about it.

EDIT: Oh, and Furysword is split damage which is kinda bad unless it's a lightning weapon.
I forgot to mention, I was talking about PVE.
If I were gonna use a weapon for doing big damage while damaging my self, I would use Power Within for 40% damage increas instead of a flat 450.
Like I said, Its just for show.

krakov

Wondering what I'll use as a divine weapon. Might look into the weak base Estoc I have right now.

I would recommend taking the occult club you've most likely picked up and breaking it down to divine+5 at a blacksmith, does the job and has low requirements.

I forgot to mention, I was talking about PVE.
If I were gonna use a weapon for doing big damage while damaging my self, I would use Power Within for 40% damage increas instead of a flat 450.
Like I said, Its just for show.

Even in PVE it's fine, just put on a Ring of the Evil Eye if it really bugs you. I've used it exclusively through NG+++ with zero issue. It's only bad if the user sucks and gets hit a lot.

Next you'll be telling me Hiltless in Demon's was useless because of the HP loss (hint: it's not).

EDIT: Oh, and Power Within is terribad. You can't control the HP loss unlike you can with a Chaos Blade (you can BS/Riposte with no HP loss if necessary or not hit them in PVE until you heal) and it lasts way long. You'll burn through your Flasks quick in PVE and get kited to death in PVP. It's bad.

AEGISX

Banned
in demons, there's a ring for HP regen, even then I dont bother with using hitless, I rock with Uchigatana.
Nobody wouldnt use powerwithin for entire runthrough, its designed for bosses only. you will need to Estus if you get hit, therefore that 1% HP loss per sec is negligible.
Using Chaos entire game is like using powerwithin entire game, but with less damage output.
like I said Chaos is purely for show.

in demons, there's a ring for HP regen, even then I dont bother with using hitless, I rock with Uchigatana.
Nobody wouldnt use powerwithin for entire runthrough, its designed for bosses only. you will need to Estus if you get hit, therefore that 1% HP loss per sec is negligible.
Using Chaos entire game is like using powerwithin entire game, but with less damage output.
like I said Chaos is purely for show.

You really just want to have the last word, don't you? XD

Chaos the whole game isn't a thing like Power Within (because again you can control the HP loss in several ways) and its a viable weapon in both PvP and PvE. Hell, even Lifehunt Scythe is viable in PvE and it's "gimmick" is way worse on the player than Chaos Blade.

You lose 20 HP a hit. It's not a big deal when you have Estus, Miracles and Humanity to heal and with 450 ATP pure damage (not split) you kill things in 1-2 hits except bosses and really big enemies. Ring of the Evil Eye gives you 30 HP a kill. So unless you fight something big (like Giants or the Dragon Zombies) or with a lot of HP (like the big mushrooms) you don't even lose any HP after an exchange.

Just because you couldn't make it work doesn't mean it's "for show". There are much worse weapons out there that work in PvE/PvP too, like Ricard's Rapier, Demon's Great Machete and Grant. Just have to make the build around it.

2AdEPT

I honestly blew through the Catacombs with a +1 Divine Falchion and pretty low dex. The skeleton enemies in there roll over to backstabs.

I used to worry about what divine weapon to bring....but if you know where each shaman is you can bring your lightning spear or whatever and the level goes much quicker. The first shaman is visible from accross the first bridge...can be reduced to OHK status with arrows if not killed outright. There are only several more shamans to target and then the divine can be reserved for the first baby skellies in nito....usually astora's .....one time I used the occult club but didn't realize occult was no good......somehow still beat nito regardless...major fluke!

AEGISX

Banned
if powerwithin works for me, then why would chaos not work for me?
I dont think a flat 450 damage is is worth all that hassle. consider my greatsword deals 550+ pure damage and Furyblade deals 450 split damage without the 40% powerwithin bonus.
a weapon with low durability and damages its user for an little above average damage output, i say its purely for show. do you not agree?

Where do you think is the best location to place my White summon sign in Anor Lando? I've put it at the top of the stairs as you enter the great hall (with the two huge guards and the archer), seems good as players will be coming from th bonfire and that's really the only route.

MedIC86

Was watching some youtube play video's and i realised how awesome this game is again....also the soundtrack <3

I really hope they are gonna make a new part of some sorts.

ill do my part and buy the pc version also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom