• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the last boss I've beaten was the Gaping Dragon in the depths. Entered Blighttown and have now found myself in the Anor Londo ruins? Maybe I missed something but I got to the bonfire and climbed the water-wheel structure, going to the drake valley or whatever... Thought I was supposed to find the bell in Blighttown. Did I go the wrong way or do I keep going the way I'm going? Ghosts hurt, and I screwed up on one run and as a result have no more curses left. :/
i did the same thing the first time around lol. i think it was a combination of the draw distance plus my fear of getting poisoned, but you'll have to go back into blighttown futher on into the swamp past the waterwheel into what looks like a cave guarded by 3 infested boulder barbarians (its possible to sneak around them undetected).

i found this pretty sweet site with detailed maps, which i wish i had on my first playthrough: http://www.kouryakubo.com/darksouls_en/Blighttown.html it's not exactly spoilerish, but as long as you don't rely on it too much i don't think its that bad.

Drewfonse

I recently picked the game back up after some down time, and vanquished Ornstein and Smough. After placing the Lord Vessel on the shrine, what is the next logical place to go? I have not been through New Londo Ruins. How do you get there from the Firelink Shrine?

I recently picked the game back up after some down time, and vanquished Ornstein and Smough. After placing the Lord Vessel on the shrine, what is the next logical place to go? I have not been through New Londo Ruins. How do you get there from the Firelink Shrine?
you need to fill the lord vessel with 4 lord souls. 3 of them were previously blocked by orange portals which were shown opening in the cutscene when placing the lord vessel, the other is in new londo ruins. the three locations of the orange portals are: dukes archives from anor londo, lost izalith from demon ruins, catacombs from firelink shrine.

to get to new londo ruins, take the elevator down from firelink shrine.

So the last boss I've beaten was the Gaping Dragon in the depths. Entered Blighttown and have now found myself in the Anor Londo ruins? Maybe I missed something but I got to the bonfire and climbed the water-wheel structure, going to the drake valley or whatever... Thought I was supposed to find the bell in Blighttown. Did I go the wrong way or do I keep going the way I'm going? Ghosts hurt, and I screwed up on one run and as a result have no more curses left. :/

First off, at this stage get out of New Londo Ruins. The only real reason to be there early on is world connectivity, the firekeeper soul, and the merchant. You'll find the 2nd bell directly after killing the
Spider Quelagg
boss. So you'll want to head back to Blighttown, all the way down to the bottom where the swamp is and directly past the boulder trolls at the far right of the map (I think).

Also be sure to speak with the witch who's sitting down in front of that area, she'll be useful if you need pyromancy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just got this game recently. Loving it so far. Pretty early, about 4-5 hours of frustration in.

Killed the Black Knight at the top of an Undead Burg Tower (by luring him down the ladder, into the area with the rats and making him walk off of the area and die LOL) and got to this new area with a blacksmith and a new bonfire. I'm playing as a pyromancer. I'm a pretty big RPG noob so I really don't know what to do with this guy.

From what I read, I can make any class into anything I want. I want to be able to use a sword and shield and yet still be able to cast some fiery spells to get some damage in. What should I be leveling? I already have my Attunement up to 16, and Faith up to 12 to utilize my heal spell. Should I be pouring souls into strength and endurance early on or what?

I always have a weird stigma for RPGs where I feel like I'll be hopeless if I level my character wrong. Just looking for some advice/guidance.

EDIT: While I'm at it, should I get the Weapon/Armor/Repair boxes? I only have the money for two ATM, what should I prioritize?

So GAF, a couple of months ago I was playing this game a lot. Yeah, it was frustrating, but it could also be so damn rewarding. Then I started to realize that for some reason, I was always very underpowered.

I dunno, every time I would invite a player in, they would SLAUGHTER all the enemies that would take me quite a while to do. I completed Anor Londo and then made my way to the Catacombs, but by that point I had spent 30 hours into the game and was just tired of it. Took me 20 hours to actually figure out how I could use magic (herp, derp) and yeah, just felt like I wasn't playing it right. That idea wasn't helped by the fact that I always get slaughtered in optional areas like Darkroot Basin and the such.

Anyway, after I had reached the Catacombs.. I just stopped. Just stopped playing; didn't know where I had to go, constantly getting rushed by those damn skeletons, I was just sick of it, so I stopped.

That's been a few months ago now, and I'm kinda getting that itch again. The game's just sitting there on my shelf, taunting me me to try again and this time finish it.

What do you guys think, give it another crack from the beginning or just keep going from my last save at the catacombs? And for a guy who likes to use weapons, more than magic, what sort of build would you recommend?

2AdEPT

I always have a weird stigma for RPGs where I feel like I'll be hopeless if I level my character wrong. Just looking for some advice/guidance.

EDIT: While I'm at it, should I get the Weapon/Armor/Repair boxes? I only have the money for two ATM, what should I prioritize?
The boxes are not necessary but unless you enjoy travelling by foot to the blacksmiths continuously these items are indespensible. Their cost is insignificant so get the repair first (consider repair powder if using drake or any other depletable weapon)then get the weapon and armour ones in that order. Armour is less important early as rolling at max maneuverability trumps armour.
If you are a noob you will prolly benefit by boosting health and enurance ahead of worrying about the boxes, and STR and DEX are really only there to determine the weaons you can use and how much damage bonus you get...hold back on these until you figure out what weapon movesets you like.

The magic vs. Faith choices are not necessary because pyro only depends on feeding souls to certain npc's...so if you wish to max out a strength or dex character you can still throw fire with good conscience. Notwithstanding, the sorcery or miracle paths are very fun also. The problem is that the multiplayer aspect is by most people's standard worth choosing just one specialty and keeping stats low. At minimum my suggestion is to choose to bump either STR or Dex and either mag or faith if you must make a hybrid. Pyros can benefit most from dex as it helps casting time... But not necessary. The big advatage of magic or faith over pyro is range, greater number of uses, and most important, the buffs for weapons make a regular weapon into the highest range of damage poSsible. There is no reason not to max out pyro...I do this for all characters early, but I usually decide to raise either faith or magic later...usually faith as there are more miracles available earlier.
@ ship da cheesee:
yeah the game can be frustrating but keep in mindthe players demolishing things are likely putting in hundreds if not close to a thousand hours...not 30 to 40. I played demon's from launch in 2009 and 8-10 characters later I still lose more than I win in pvp are skilled and there is no shame in admitting I suck.

My advice is to start oveer, read some guides (I own the 400 page harcover) and engage more in cooperation than duelling. Make sure that for places like catacombs you get the scoop on what there is that you wish to do there...you can drop down to the boss and complete it in 35 seconds if you want...but there are great items in each level worth searching for.

There are tricks to making the game go easier...ask on here or read walkthroughs if you don't enjoy trial and error. Watch youtube speed and sl1 runs etc. Just watched the run inthis thread at top of this page..mind blown when the guy just skips the auto die in dukes...when there is the will there is a way...even after 1000 hrs there is always something new to learn...I don't find this as much with eld scrlls games.

For melEe characters you still want to get the buffs for weapons... Keep in mind that the people demolishing things often use magic or miracle buffs which are found in covenants or npc's and are better than the resins. If you just go melee with pyro then put 40 in str or dex ...50 for str is unnessary as most str weapons allow two handing at lower stats.

No. There are about 5 cutscenes, each lasting less then 30 seconds, and that's about all the story you get. Dark Souls is entirely action driven, not story driven.
i only remember about 2 with any real dialog in them. the others were just looking at pretty scenery. imo, the game is reminiscent of like an nes rpg game. you have a basic objective but there really isn't any storytelling. you can talk to various npcs to get story that way, but its completely optional.

Just got this game recently. Loving it so far. Pretty early, about 4-5 hours of frustration in.

From what I read, I can make any class into anything I want. I want to be able to use a sword and shield and yet still be able to cast some fiery spells to get some damage in. What should I be leveling? I already have my Attunement up to 16, and Faith up to 12 to utilize my heal spell. Should I be pouring souls into strength and endurance early on or what?

welcome to die. vitality is the most important stat imo. if you plan on just soloing the game and making a pvp/co-op character later seperately, its really quite difficult to mess up your stats. there is practically no level limit, so with enough grind all characters could potentially end up with 99 in all stats. most people choose to stay at a lower level though for co-op/pvp reasons (can only do it with people around +/- 10 levels).

builds can be somewhat versatile in this game. however, diminishing returns in this game are extremely harsh, so i wouldn't recommend leveling any stat past 40 or 50 unless to meet weapon/spell reqs (50 is the highest req iirc?). however, if you're going pyromancy, none of those spells have reqs at all. instead you're free to build up attunement for spell slots and dexterity for faster cast speeds. for reference, sorcery is tied to intelligence and miracles tied to faith.

as for the boxes, i'd probably only get the repair box only if anything at all. if you repair everytime you meet a new blacksmith playing normally you should be okay. although by the time you meet the 2nd blacksmith, you should have plenty of excess souls to purchase it by then.

So GAF, a couple of months ago I was playing this game a lot. Yeah, it was frustrating, but it could also be so damn rewarding. Then I started to realize that for some reason, I was always very underpowered.

I dunno, every time I would invite a player in, they would SLAUGHTER all the enemies that would take me quite a while to do. I completed Anor Londo and then made my way to the Catacombs, but by that point I had spent 30 hours into the game and was just tired of it. Took me 20 hours to actually figure out how I could use magic (herp, derp) and yeah, just felt like I wasn't playing it right. That idea wasn't helped by the fact that I always get slaughtered in optional areas like Darkroot Basin and the such.

Anyway, after I had reached the Catacombs.. I just stopped. Just stopped playing; didn't know where I had to go, constantly getting rushed by those damn skeletons, I was just sick of it, so I stopped.

That's been a few months ago now, and I'm kinda getting that itch again. The game's just sitting there on my shelf, taunting me me to try again and this time finish it.

What do you guys think, give it another crack from the beginning or just keep going from my last save at the catacombs? And for a guy who likes to use weapons, more than magic, what sort of build would you recommend?

Completing Anor Londo should unlock a bunch of useful things for your character, the giant blacksmith makes lightning weapons and sells a ton of shards, which is always useful. You can't go wrong with a lightning claymore. As for shield, the eagle shield you picked up at Blighttown is good for the rest of the game, just upgrade it when you have the chance.

Having Havel ring and ring of divine favor is a good setup for any character

Invest in a divine weapon to deal with skeletons, if you don't have one, you should have picked up an occult club by now, revert that at a blacksmith to get a divine club, they will prevent the skeletons from getting back up.

In most cases, every stat is useful except Res, so as long as you didn't dump a bunch of points into Resistance, you should be fine. If you're not doing PVP, then vitality and endurance will be your main stats, find a weapon that you like, increase your strength/dex to the required value and leave it.

30vit/30sta should probably be your initial goal. rely on fire and lightning weapons for damage. its very easy to obtain and max quelag's furysword and the lightning partisan by the time you reach the giant blacksmith in anor londo. claymore is definitely good for damage and stunlock, but spears = easy mode pve since you can attack and block at the same time. by the time you hit 40vit/40sta, with havels ring and havels armour, you can probably start wrecklessly rushing into battle without any worries with a 2h claymore and 1hit ko'ing everything. if you were lucky enough to get a black knight weapon drop, i'd definitely recommend using those instead.

you should try the demon ruins/lost izalith before the catacombs/tomb of giants. you get a drop there
sunlight maggot
, which should make it easier. and of course you should use a holy weapon as well.

sixghost

You should post your Stats/Equipment here to see if you are doing something wrong.

There are plenty of big mistakes people make in their first playthrough, such as distributing their points poorly, or not upgrading their weapons/armor.

Mxrz

Compared to something like ME:2 is Dark Souls heavy on the story?

Depends on how you look at it. If you consider the game lore, told via items, then its a lot deeper. If you mean from dialog and cut-scenes alone, then its pretty basic. EpicNameBro's videos go into it pretty deep.

With how the souls series works, the only measuring stick in this regard is PvP-ability / level ranges. Unless you plan to stick to a certain level range, its hard to mess up. For PvE, you can always just level up more. But diminishing returns set in after 40 for most stats (50 for Vit).

But in a general sl-100+ build:

Vit - 50
Endurance - 40
Attn - 12 to 21 depending on how many spell slots you want.
Resistance gives much less than the other stats and is rarely if ever raised.

STR & DEX - If you want to use elemental weapons, just enough to meet the reqs. If you want to use STR or DEX scaling weapons (+15s) then 40 is the typical cutoff for either. 34 STR is enough to two-hand all the heavy str weapons.

INT & Faith - Are about the same, either just enough for the buff spells / catalyst, or 40 or 50 for max spell damage. Or nothing ofc.

Any armor or weapon upgrade that doesn't require a Slab is fine. At the end of PvE, you can farm chunks very easily, and buy every other stone for the equivalent of pennies. - Slabs are much harder to come by and should only be used when you're certain.

2AdEPT

finally tried sunlight spear.....never bothered with 50 faith before.....996 damage per bolt on a regular undead soldier in parish while wearimg ring of first born sun.....off to try it out in anor londo....hope i can still get my jollies at sl 131.

Still discovering things in this game - just found an item after the archer on the butress in Anor Londo, never ventured down there before, I guess since it's always a relief to kill the other archer!

2AdEPT

Still discovering things in this game - just found an item after the archer on the butress in Anor Londo, never ventured down there before, I guess since it's always a relief to kill the other archer!
Yep just noticed a cubby hole in the rock between wyvern and undead dragon in the valley...usually'running by' there never saw it. extra humanity!and even though I knew it existed because I confused blue with red I have never got the re tearstone ring.

Sen's Fortress is essentially a treasure island if you look hard enough, rings, spells, weapons, souls, it's got everything. And they are only rewarded to the smart players who can figure out the clever layout of the the fortress and/or the daring ones who perform leaps of faith to reach the loot. Easily the best area in the game.

Mxrz

There is no such thing as a phantom without perfect gear at sl-10'ish. Dudes get mad too.

Is there any particular range where Forest / Dark Londo invading isn't awful? I either butcher some hapless guy, or get jumped spawning in.

Think I'll go try some 2-2 invading in Demon's, if anyone is still playing.

There is no such thing as a phantom without perfect gear at sl-10'ish. Dudes get mad too.

Is there any particular range where Forest / Dark Londo invading isn't awful?

Along with 2 white phantoms who just "happen" to be standing right next to you with the entire area cleared of enemies? Yup, your invasion sure took them by surprise.

Yep just noticed a cubby hole in the rock between wyvern and undead dragon in the valley...usually'running by' there never saw it. extra humanity!and even though I knew it existed because I confused blue with red I have never got the re tearstone ring.
I don't think I knew about this humanity either. The red stone ring is also a more recent find for me - The amount of times I'd ran through that gate into Londo Ruins when grinding chunks/slabs, and never noticed that ladder!

On another note, I think I'm done with DS shortly. I'm still enjoying it - just doing the same old things - but Dragon's Dogma is knocking on my door.

My favourite area to co-op has been Sen's Fortress - I do enjoy being summoned and the etiquette that goes along with it, and that area especially seems to give a high yeald of gratitude - It would usually be my MO to be the 'baddie' - but I've had such a low success rate with invading, I've basically given up and get my jollies from 'jolly' co-op.

I do have a lot of fun being invaded - Dark Anor Londo is my favourite place since you can just give phantoms the run around. Oh the hate mail! All the WOTG spammers and people with uber-weapons at low levels have soured me a little, so I do basically look at invaders as a chance to see how I can piss them off the most - I will rarely go to a straight duel, preferring to play hide and seek or chase me - I've no need of the souls, so the goal for me is basically how long I can dick them around for before they commit suicide or use the go home stone. This usually results in a sour message, which I take as the checkered flag of victory for me!

Lastly, I'd like to see more PvP-centered areas in the next game - I like the emersive atmosphere where single player melds with multi-player, but since the forest is basically a PvP zone, I'd like to see them make a few more, with interesting features and traps maybe. (Also the ability to lay booby traps might be fun!)

PvP is fun, but the forest is the most boring area for me, standing around waiting for invaders isn't really getting you anywhere - the rewards are negigible, so it's basically hanging around to pull out your favourite gesure after each kill. Rare drop rewards for PvP kills would add something to strive for.

2AdEPT

Some questions about Gravelording....I tried it for the first time but didn't notice anything happen that would lead me ot suspect anythign was happening. If you as the gravelorder decided ot switch locations as I did and you are still showing signs of the black mist coming out of your body, does the game randowmly decided where your hidden sign is to be placed in the new area of other's world? IS the location of the sign completely random or are there hot spots the game decides to use?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Can any Chaos users confirm please: do Chaos weapons scale with your current Humanity (number in top-left), how much Humanity you've given to the covenant, or simply with Chaos rank within the covenant?

Is it the same for Chaos pyromancies?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Can any Chaos users confirm please: do Chaos weapons scale with your current Humanity (number in top-left), how much Humanity you've given to the covenant, or simply with Chaos rank within the covenant?

Is it the same for Chaos pyromancies?
Haven't played the game in a while, but Chaos weapons scale with your current humanity. (up to 10 iirc)

Dunno about pyromancies.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Yup, Chaos weapons as well as Quelaag's Furysword scale with your stored Humanity, up to 10 points. The Servants of Chaos covenant doesn't have anything to do with their scaling.

Chaos Pyromancies are theoretically supposed to scale the same way, but the scaling doesn't work. Chaos Pyromancies are more or less effectively identical to their non-Chaos counterparts.

ixix

I thought the Chaos spells stayed active for longer. I (maybe wrongly) thought that was the whole point lol.

They take up two Attunement slots and have a lingering lava effect after they hit. Their actual damage is identical to the non-Chaos version, however, and the lava isn't worth the extra attunement slot.

They're pretty crummy, really.

2AdEPT

They take up two Attunement slots and have a lingering lava effect after they hit. Their actual damage is identical to the non-Chaos version, however, and the lava isn't worth the extra attunement slot.

They're pretty crummy, really.

I dunno, the lava is the difference between oneshotting the big skellies and dogs in TOTG and having to use a secondary use or try your luck at a weapon...iirc the ring and tiara must be used as well though.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys. I guess the lava can be good in narrow spaces, or where you want to force your opponents to roll.

Just to confirm: by 10 points of stored Humanity, you mean if the number in the top-left corner is above 10, there's no further damage increase? Does being alive (white number) make a difference?

And finally, if scaling has nothing to do with the Servants of Chaos, is there any penalty in quitting the covenant once I have everything I need from them?

ixix

I dunno, the lava is the difference between oneshotting the big skellies and dogs in TOTG and having to use a secondary use or try your luck at a weapon...iirc the ring and tiara must be used as well though.

The lava can also be useful from time to time in PvP if you're in a relatively small area. I'm not generally inclined to thinking that the increased Attunement slot requirement is worth the trade-off considering how narrow the utility of the lava is, though.

Thanks guys. I guess the lava can be good in narrow spaces, or where you want to force your opponents to roll.

Just to confirm: by 10 points of stored Humanity, you mean if the number in the top-left corner is above 10, there's no further damage increase? Does being alive (white number) make a difference?

And finally, if scaling has nothing to do with the Servants of Chaos, is there any penalty in quitting the covenant once I have everything I need from them?

Yeah, stored Humanity is the number in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Every point from 1 to 10 increases the damage of Chaos weapons. There's no further increase from 10 to 99, however. Whether you're human or not has no effect; the scaling is identical whether you're in human form or hollow form.

If you've gotten all the spells and opened the shortcut then you can feel free to leave the Servants of Chaos. They've pretty much got nothing to offer you beyond that point. You retain the ability to use the spells and the shortcut remains open after leaving.

Do note, however, that if you have qualified to open the shortcut, but haven't yet opened it, you'll lose the ability to do so when you leave. You need to be in the Covenant at the time you open it. Once open it will remain open upon leaving the Servants of Chaos.

Do note, however, that if you have qualified to open the shortcut, but haven't yet opened it, you'll lose the ability to do so when you leave. You need to be in the Covenant at the time you open it. Once open it will remain open upon leaving the Servants of Chaos.
This explains why I couldn't use it last time I tried! I found I didn't really need/want the shortcut after that, so haven't gone for it since - plus the act of individually offering 30 humanities takes way too long, can't mrs spider lady take all 30 at once?!

krakov

Some questions about Gravelording....I tried it for the first time but didn't notice anything happen that would lead me ot suspect anythign was happening. If you as the gravelorder decided ot switch locations as I did and you are still showing signs of the black mist coming out of your body, does the game randowmly decided where your hidden sign is to be placed in the new area of other's world? IS the location of the sign completely random or are there hot spots the game decides to use?

The sign will move around with you and appear in the same place as you are standing in your game. You have to be in an area where the boss is still alive for it to work. What SL are we talking about?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
This explains why I couldn't use it last time I tried! I found I didn't really need/want the shortcut after that, so haven't gone for it since - plus the act of individually offering 30 humanities takes way too long, can't mrs spider lady take all 30 at once?!
Yeah, that was a stupid decision choice. And the biggest use the shortcut has is that it brings you right to the Titanite Demon. It's the only way to farm titanite, and even WITH the shortcut, it's like a 2min run.

Yeah, that was a stupid decision choice. And the biggest use the shortcut has is that it brings you right to the Titanite Demon. It's the only way to farm titanite, and even WITH the shortcut, it's like a 2min run.

You can farm demon titinate from the demon that respawns in Lost Izalith, and it drop 2 each time.

Sullichin

Yup, Chaos weapons as well as Quelaag's Furysword scale with your stored Humanity, up to 10 points. The Servants of Chaos covenant doesn't have anything to do with their scaling.

Chaos Pyromancies are theoretically supposed to scale the same way, but the scaling doesn't work. Chaos Pyromancies are more or less effectively identical to their non-Chaos counterparts.

Wow I had no idea that the humanity scaling on chaos pyromancies doesn't work as described. The lingering lava effect of great chaos fireball can come in handy though, like if you're invading in the narrow corridors of Sen's Fortress.

RE: Izalith shortcut, I never bother with it anymore. I don't usually care about
saving Solaire
and i'd rather not spend 15 minutes wasting 30 humanity when I can get through izalith quickly enough normally anyway.

The Kiln is the worst. I haven't fought there in a while, and decided to invade. Almost every fight was 2 invaders waiting for me attacking as soon as I spawn. Decided to lay my summon stone to help people kill Gwyn, and I couldn't find a single host who wasn't interested in ganking invaders instead of fighting the boss. Summoning help to kill invaders and enemies on the way to a boss is one thing, but that's obviously not what's happening in the Kiln. Decided to wait around for darkmoons and darkwaiths and they all liked to attack immediately as I'm bowing to them. I don't understand why you would rather do this instead of actually fight. Waiting to be invaded in the burg and painted world still seems like the best option for 1-1 fights.

Anyone else getting gravelorded more often? Happy to see that my anor londo and duke's archives are frequently teeming with BPs. In someone else's world, I saw a black phantom vagrant in the room with the 3 knights by where Siegmeyer is hiding out. For some reason, it disappeared before I could get to it. Speaking of Siegmeyer, in my many, many playthroughs I have never finished his questline once. Maybe I will on this NG++[+? I'm not sure. Who can remember] run with my sorcerer character. Sorcery is so strong, I got to Anor Londo in no time at all. Shit, I'm just realizing that this means I probably messed up Siegmeyer's quest already. I didn't encounter him as I ran through Sen's, so he probably never made it to Anor Londo.

krakov

Speaking of Siegmeyer, in my many, many playthroughs I have never finished his questline once. Maybe I will on this NG++[+? I'm not sure. Who can remember] run with my sorcerer character. Sorcery is so strong, I got to Anor Londo in no time at all. Shit, I'm just realizing that this means I probably messed up Siegmeyer's quest already. I didn't encounter him as I ran through Sen's, so he probably never made it to Anor Londo.

He will be waiting until you advance his storyline, just don't kill the octopus thingies in Lost Izalith and you'll be fine I think. Be sure to turn the boulder dispenser out the window after talking to him in Sens and he'll be in Anor Londo.

co-op takes so long to find a match. pvp is almost instant for me. this makes me sad. i just need 2 more to get into the warrior of sunlight covenant and then platinum. i'm really tempted to screw up my character's build and just dump points into faith to get the trophy =/

So I started up my 5th playthrough (still haven't finished my Pyromancer NG+), rolling a straight Strength/Dex/Faith build. And I go back to the Undead Asylum, start fighting Stray Demon aftering dying cheaply once, and on my killing blow a millisecond later his magic attack slips under my shield from the side and ends up a double KO! Needless to say I was sort of pissed, and sadly I lost out on a Titanite Slab, still had my 20,000 soul package sitting there though. But damn, I wish I had just died.

So I said screw it, farmed a couple SL's in Demon Ruins and then hiked to Anor Londo and farmed a few more from the huge knights at the first bonfire. SL75 so far, I'm attempting to make Ornstein and Smough a one shot boss fight.

Question, should I go ahead and upgrade my Gargoyle Halberd +10 to a Lightening/Fire +10-+15 or just keep it as is. So far it's been destroying the whole game. Didn't know if this weapon was worth it, I'm probably staying away from the Furysword this playthrough.

Sullichin

co-op takes so long to find a match. pvp is almost instant for me. this makes me sad. i just need 2 more to get into the warrior of sunlight covenant and then platinum. i'm really tempted to screw up my character's build and just dump points into faith to get the trophy =/

what SL are you? Maybe I can help

So I started up my 5th playthrough (still haven't finished my Pyromancer NG+), rolling a straight Strength/Dex/Faith build. And I go back to the Undead Asylum, start fighting Stray Demon aftering dying cheaply once, and on my killing blow a millisecond later his magic attack slips under my shield from the side and ends up a double KO! Needless to say I was sort of pissed, and sadly I lost out on a Titanite Slab, still had my 20,000 soul package sitting there though. But damn, I wish I had just died.

So I said screw it, farmed a couple SL's in Demon Ruins and then hiked to Anor Londo and farmed a few more from the huge knights at the first bonfire. SL75 so far, I'm attempting to make Ornstein and Smough a one shot boss fight.

Question, should I go ahead and upgrade my Gargoyle Halberd +10 to a Lightening/Fire +10-+15 or just keep it as is. So far it's been destroying the whole game. Didn't know if this weapon was worth it, I'm probably staying away from the Furysword this playthrough.

Definitely take it past +10. Chaos gargoyles halberd is one of my favorite weapons in the game. Lightning will be beastly too.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
All this chaos weapon talk makes me really wish that upgrade added a flame effect either on the weapon or on hit. It's the only reason why I use the fury sword. (That, and it's bad ass forward+r1, I think.)

Since I've got time again, I'll ask again if anyone has a spare blue slab to spare/trade? I can offer a titanite slab or almost any rare weapon. I'm SL 120 on PS3.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
.yoshi stayed up three days did he not? ;p
Yeah, even a bit more actually but I'm never doing that again.

Until the next Souls-game comes out.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
As creeper as this sounds, I vaguely remember you hurt your thumb or something like a day or two before the game released. How'd that end up? Or did I make this up?

All this chaos weapon talk makes me really wish that upgrade added a flame effect either on the weapon or on hit. It's the only reason why I use the fury sword. (That, and it's bad ass forward+r1, I think.)

Since I've got time again, I'll ask again if anyone has a spare blue slab to spare/trade? I can offer a titanite slab or almost any rare weapon. I'm SL 120 on PS3.
fire weaps seem really good in pve since a lot of monsters are weak to it. i retired my fury sword for a chaos great scythe and i love it. the 2h r2 attack is perfect for bosses.

i really want to make either a painting guardian sword or priscilla's dagger build next because the attack animations look pretty sweet even if they appear somewhat impractical. anyone have any experience with either weapon?

i have a blue slab on a sl85, if you know a way i could get that over to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom