• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how every single person who plays this game discovers that exact same griding trick.

The BKGS is an amazing drop if you get it near the drake. You could easily use nothing but that sword the entire game.

Yeah, if you get any black knight drop early on they can completely carry you through the game.

The real big question

Do you prefer the regenerating MP bar of Demon's Souls, or the limited use spells of Dark Souls? Somethings's putting me off of using the magic in Dark Souls

Dresden

The 'limited uses' actually gives far more usage (especially for the bigger spells) and there's no shitty consumables to farm for it, so +1 to the bonfire mechanic.

Seanspeed

Banned
I love how every single person who plays this game discovers that exact same griding trick.
I didn't think about doing that. Once I got down underneath the bridge I was basically like, "Ok, well I'm never going back up that way!" after getting scorched to death right after beating the Taurus Demon.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The first time I went to the Tomb of the Giant, I fell through some cracks and I had time to saw the screen change to "Demon Ruins" before I died... xD That was pretty amazing. Of course, I didn't even make it back to my 20k bloodstain (which was a lot a the time! also pre-patch where enemies were not nearly as generous), as the wheel skeletons got me before I made it back there, so I said "screw you, Tomb" and returned to Firelink. :D Again this was pre-patch, so no lantern from the necromancers even if I had killed them all. I came back there only wayyy later, possibly after getting the Sunlight Maggot, but maybe I didn't even have that because I remember the initial trek to the first bonfire being outright terrifying.

The BKGS is an amazing drop if you get it near the drake. You could easily use nothing but that sword the entire game.
Maybe, but its stat investment are very high, there's no way you can use it properly without grinding if you get it early on. So that's why I never used the black knight gear.

The 'limited uses' actually gives far more usage (especially for the bigger spells)
....What? How so? The "bigger" (e.g. more powerful) the spell, the lower the number of casts. Crystal soul spear, for instance, has only 4 charges.

and there's no shitty consumables to farm for it, so +1 to the bonfire mechanic.
...Farm? Wot? You can buy old and fresh spice from the singing lady in Latria almost at the very beginning. Eventually you'd easily get tons and tons of old spice for infinite magic spam, from Soul Ray to Firestorm. Dark Souls was a major nerf in comparison.

And even if you prefer farming the items over farming the souls to buy the items, the mindflayers drop them constantly, easiest farm ever.

sixghost

The first time I went to the Tomb of the Giant, I fell through some cracks and I had time to saw the screen change to "Demon Ruins" before I died... xD That was pretty amazing. Of course, I didn't even make it back to my 20k bloodstain (which was a lot a the time! also pre-patch where enemies were not nearly as generous), as the wheel skeletons got me before I made it back there, so I said "screw you, Tomb" and returned to Firelink. :D Again this was pre-patch, so no lantern from the necromancers even if I had killed them all. I came back there only wayyy later, possibly after getting the Sunlight Maggot, but maybe I didn't even have that because I remember the initial trek to the first bonfire being outright terrifying.

Maybe, but its stat investment are very high, there's no way you can use it properly without grinding if you get it early on. So that's why I never used the black knight gear.

....What? How so? The "bigger" (e.g. more powerful) the spell, the lower the number of casts. Crystal soul spear, for instance, has only 4 charges.

...Farm? Wot? You can buy old and fresh spice from the singing lady in Latria almost at the very beginning. Eventually you'd easily get tons and tons of old spice for infinite magic spam, from Soul Ray to Firestorm. Dark Souls was a major nerf in comparison.

And even if you prefer farming the items over farming the souls to buy the items, the mindflayers drop them constantly, easiest farm ever.

22/18 isn't too crazy if you start with a Warrior, Hunter, or Bandit. Your VIT/END will need to stay around 14/14 for a while but it's worth it. You can get there around SL25, which is about what people have going into the Depths.

Dresden

If you enjoy carrying 99 spices to refill your bar every two or three times you cast Firestorm, more power to you. Being able to stack spell casts and the length of travel in between each bonfire means you're constantly casting, against every mob, with no need for constant breaks to munch on herbs.

The real big question

Do you prefer the regenerating MP bar of Demon's Souls, or the limited use spells of Dark Souls? Somethings's putting me off of using the magic in Dark Souls

I much prefer the charge system in Dark Souls. Makes magic a lot more balanced, in my opinion.

I also didn't like having tons of grass and spices clogging up my inventory in Demon's.

Soulhouf

I don't like magic that much but when I did a magic character I went for the MGS R2 attack because you can refill it with repair powder.
So if that answer the question, I prefer Demon's Souls system.

Halberd is a beast. It was probably my most used weapon my first playthrough. I was also a knight playing melee-only.
Awesome, thanks. I'll better start upgrading it then. I could also try to tackle the Black Knight of the Parish to see if he drops something. I killed the one in the Burg, but he only gave me titanite. Maybe because I used firebombs from a roof for almost all of our fight.

I also killed the titanite demon right before the garden. :D

I guess I have no other choice but to try and kill the moth. It kicked my ass last night, though. I can't reach it and its shitty attacks hurt me even while blocking. I also went down to some ruins but a ghost killed me.

Wrekt

I guess I have no other choice but to try and kill the moth. It kicked my ass last night, though. I can't reach it and its shitty attacks hurt me even while blocking. I also went down to some ruins but a ghost killed me.

You can summon a NPC that can solo the Moonlight Butterfly before the boss fog if you aren't hollow.

Casanova

My friend and I want to play dark souls co-op on the 360..

So how do I do this? I know you have to get the white sign stone or whatever but how do I guarantee that he will be the one to join my game?

Is there a way to force our IP's to join each others game or something?

Link please. anything.

Please

I found the trick to beating Four Kings easily when you're a melee dude. Equip Havel's set, maxed-out man-serpent sword swung with both hands, Power Within (x2 in my case) and a weapon buff (which you need to apply AFTER casting Power Within). You don't need a shield because it drains your stamina when you get hit while blocking and you need all of it to kill the bosses in the fastest way possible. I stuck close to them and kept swinging my sword at them while trying to avoid their attacks by rolling or keeping myself out of the way. Most of their attacks hit me, but with Havel equipped, it mitigated most of it. Some of their attacks dealt quite a bit of damage, such as the forward thrust they use when you're running towards them, but they could be avoided. I simply drank from my flask when I needed the HP.

In the end, I killed all of them individually, with around 10 seconds in-between each fight. This gave me the time to recast Power Within and reapply my weapon buff after the second or third fight.

Yeah, that's the trick. :)

Ziek

I'm at the bottom of the Tomb of Giants. I was invaded by a paladin who crushed me through my shield in a few hits. Some of the orange soap stone markers say to use Pyromancy. I don't have a single attunement slot yet. Would it be worth it to get a slot and get my Pyro up? How long would that take and would it pay off in other sections of the game too?

Korosenai

Just got this game today and left the Asylum.

I. Love. This. Game.

Also, is there anywhere I could buy the strategy guide for this game? I checked the links in the op but it's sold out :(

My friend and I want to play dark souls co-op on the 360..

So how do I do this? I know you have to get the white sign stone or whatever but how do I guarantee that he will be the one to join my game?

Is there a way to force our IP's to join each others game or something?

Link please. anything.

Please
You can't guarantee who will summon you - but you can help by putting the summon sign in an odd place. Most people will use the same places everyone uses - so going off the beaten path a little will help make sure you get summoned by who you want to be summoned by (no guarantees - but you can leave the other players world and put down the sign again if you get summoned by a random).

Put the sign under breakable barrels or something like that.

I'm at the bottom of the Tomb of Giants. I was invaded by a paladin who crushed me through my shield in a few hits. Some of the orange soap stone markers say to use Pyromancy. I don't have a single attunement slot yet. Would it be worth it to get a slot and get my Pyro up? How long would that take and would it pay off in other sections of the game too?
Pyromancy is powerful and an easy way to use magic because you don't need to level any stats unlike miracles and sorcery - except attunement so you have slots for the spells. You buy spells from a few merchants and upgrade your Pyro glove which takes a few hundred thousand souls altogether to get it up to Ascended 5+, but like weapons you can upgrade in stages.

If an enemy is weak to Pyro, they'll be weak to fire weapons too, so if you have any weapon upgraded to fire or chaos, they will do the same job.

Seance

Banned

Leeroys chest armor is the best in the game if you wanna stay relatively light. Just sayin'.

Finished up NG for the first time last night - it's been quite a trip. Here's my final assessment:

Completed at: SL 83

Most-used weapon: Divine Halberd

Most-used miracle: Great Lightning Spear

Most-used armor: Balder set + Gargoyle helm

Covenant: Warriors of Sunlight, then Darkmoon, then Warriors again when I realized that no one has sin.

Highest Stat: Faith

Lowest Stat: Intelligence

Favorite boss: Sif

Least Favorite boss: Centipede Demon

Easiest boss: Pinwheel

Hardest Boss: Manus

Boss most died against: Taurus Demon, lol

Only boss I had to summon help for: Kalameet

Favorite boss to co-op: O&S

Boss I refused to fight: Priscila

Favorite area: New Londo Ruins

Least Favorite Area: Blighttown

PVP wins: 2

PVP losses: 7

...moving on to a dex/int build now. Gonna try to get better at parries/backstabs and make my build a little more focused. I'll probably do NG+ with this new character I'm making.

Equip a shield and armor set with good magic resistance and Moonlight Butterfly will be no problem.

I found the trick to beating Four Kings easily when you're a melee dude.

Yeah, that's the trick. :)

I was actually a bit surprised at how little damage I took from the kings. It took me three times to beat them, only because I didn't realise that the presence of the other kings was on a timer. All I did was two hander (divine mace +10) and go apeshit on them. I did switch block occassionally for the sweeping strikes because they can stagger even when in paladin gear, but yeah, I also killed each one individually. Felt good man.

bj00rn_

Banned
Lost 150k souls today because the batteries in the controller died.. how hard can it be to automatically pause the game when it happens.. yes I know why the devs think it should be like that..which is just another reason for why the online mode should be optional. another thing I don't like with this game..

Soulhouf

Lost 150k souls today because the batteries in the controller died.. how hard can it be to automatically pause the game when it happens.. yes I know why the devs think it should be like that..which is just another reason for why the online mode should be optional. another thing I don't like with this game..

There is actually pause. Just quit the game and come back when you're idle.

Making online not optional was the smartest thing they did. Otherwise the game would end up like many other game where it's an optional gimmick.
For instance there are an optional arena for matchmaking but nobody is playing it. Why is that?

With that said, losing 150k souls is not a big deal. Why didn't you use these souls if you need them?

Arjen

And if you die with so many souls that you don't want to loose, equip a ring of sacrifice when you try and get them back.

There is actually pause. Just quit the game and come back when you're idle.

Making online not optional was the smartest thing they did. Otherwise the game would end up like many other game where it's an optional gimmick.
For instance there are an optional arena for matchmaking but nobody is playing it. Why is that?

With that said, losing 150k souls is not a big deal. Why didn't you use these souls if you need them?

Lol, he can't exactly save and quit if his controller runs out of batteries unexpectedly. His only option at that point would be to shut off his console (or hope that nothing kills him while scrambling for batteries or a charger).

Nobody plays in the optional arena because From Soft designed it poorly. It could have been great, they just dropped the ball. Dark Souls's iffy netcode also doesn't help matters (I for one am STOKED that Dark Souls II will have dedicated servers again).

Making real progress now

Soul Level 80, about to make a start on Lost Izalith. Demon Ruins were no trouble once I learnt how to stay away from the minor Taurus Demons' attacks and exploit the windows of vulnerability. Also got the Sunlight Maggot so I can take a crack at the Tomb of Giants

Areas open to me:

Tomb of Giants
New Londor
Duke's Archives
Lost Izalith

Areas complete:

Undead Burg
Undead Parish
Darkroot Wood
Darkroot Basin
The Depths
Blighttown
The Great Swamp
The Great Hollow
Quelaag's Domain
Undead Asylum
Firelink Shrine
Sen's Fortress
Ash Lake
Anor Londo
Catacombs
Demon Ruins
Valley of Drakes

Soulhouf

Lol, he can't exactly save and quit if his controller runs out of batteries unexpectedly. His only option at that point would be to shut off his console (or hope that nothing kills him while scrambling for batteries or a charger).
He can't pause either if his controller runs out of batteries...

Nobody plays in the optional arena because From Soft designed it poorly. It could have been great, they just dropped the ball. Dark Souls's iffy netcode also doesn't help matters (I for one am STOKED that Dark Souls II will have dedicated servers again).
No. Because it's not directly related to the game (no souls/items reward, you don't kill a host and so on...). Many things are lost when you play that instead of invading.

He can't pause either if his controller runs out of batteries...

Most Xbox games will automatically pause if the controller gets disconnected or runs out of batteries.

No. Because it's not directly related to the game (no souls/items reward, you don't kill a host and so on...). Many things are lost when you play that instead of invading.

Those are poor design decisions that From Soft made regarding the arena.

Hence From Soft designed it poorly.

The arena was not doomed to fail simply because it was optional (if you really want to get into it, invading and co-oping are both entirely optional). It failed because it was badly made.

When one's controller is disconnected, I would expect the game to do exactly what it does when you lose connection to PSN/XBL - take you immediately back to the title screen. Though I guess if you have no controller you can''t select "OK", so...

This isn't a sore issue with me, but there's really no reason why From couldn't have done something about this. It has nothing to do with challenge or consistency - from an immersion standpoint it's kind of jarring to be killed because your controller ran out of batteries.

Soulhouf

Most Xbox games will automatically pause if the controller gets disconnected or runs out of batteries.

We are looking at a different issue here. The problem isn't the lack of pause in the game but the handling of use case where the controller is disconnected/run out of battery. They could take you to the title screen.

Edit: beaten.

Those are poor design decisions that From Soft made regarding the arena.

Hence From Soft designed it poorly.

The arena was not doomed to fail simply because it was optional (if you really want to get into it, invading and co-oping are both entirely optional). It failed because it was badly made.

It's bad designed I agree. But that arena should have a different purpose from invasions: play only PvP.
Whereas when you invade you are another enemy in the host's game. he hole idea and concept behind that is good as it is, because that balances the fact that host can summon help and use estus unlike the invader.
If you make invasions optional, you should remove co-op as well, and that you can do it by playing off line. I don't see where the problem is.

It's bad designed I agree. But that arena should have a different purpose from invasions: play only PvP.
Whereas when you invade you are another enemy in the host's game. he hole idea and concept behind that is good as it is, because that balances the fact that host can summon help and use estus unlike the invader.
If you make invasions optional, you should remove co-op as well, and that you can do it by playing off line. I don't see where the problem is.

I think people would definitely appreciate and use a dedicated PvP space (even one that might exist in a "vacuum" from the main game) but that would require a fast and convenient lobby system, among other things. And the arena's lobby system is anything but. The decision to have the whole infinite respawn until time runs out thing was also not a good one.

Ultimately I think the biggest problem with the Arena was just From's execution. The first time I played it, it struck me as a half-hearted compromise on a feature that a lot of players wanted but From wasn't wild about.

I guess my argument is that if you can avoid all this stuff anyway, why not have a simple option in the menu to play in offline mode? PvP and such are entirely avoidable as is, why make us have to jump through hoops to do it?

yamo

Been trying to get the Moonlight Greatsword from Seath the Scaleless with no luck. I'm standing by the crystal waiting for Seath to attack and then I run to hit his tail. Usually I get of like 2, maybe 3 attacks if i'm really lucky, before he starts turning around and then I can't get any more hits in.

I'm using my Enchanted Winged Spear +4, but it isn't doing that much damage to his tail. Unfortunately I really don't have any other good weapon I can try. :(

Is he really vulnerable to any kind of damage?

The real big question

I vastly prefer Dark Souls charge system. I feel like I get more uses out of spells that should allow a lot of uses, and the OP spells/miracles have an appropriately small number of charges. Also it's another consumable you don't have to keep track of, which is nice.

I got cursed for the first (I think) time today - I wanted to join the Dragon Covenant first thing, to get the dragon head/body stuff because I've never used it, ever - started as a Thief, and the armour obviously has no curse-resistance whatsoever because I got cursed in half a second as I climbed down the ladder. The skull thing over the humanity counter is odd, does that mean humanity has no effect whilst you're cursed?

Been trying to get the Moonlight Greatsword from Seath the Scaleless with no luck. I'm standing by the crystal waiting for Seath to attack and then I run to hit his tail. Usually I get of like 2, maybe 3 attacks if i'm really lucky, before he starts turning around and then I can't get any more hits in.

I'm using my Enchanted Winged Spear +4, but it isn't doing that much damage to his tail. Unfortunately I really don't have any other good weapon I can try. :(

Is he really vulnerable to any kind of damage?
Summons really come in handy for this - you' have the tail cut off in no time with someone else distracting him. Unless you want to do it solo - the first time I fought Seath was solo and I remember the frustration of trying to keep up with him as he constantly turned around.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/seath-the-scaleless Says he's weak to lightning and bleed - so lightning uchi = profit?

yamo

Summons really come in handy for this - you' have the tail cut off in no time with someone else distracting him. Unless you want to do it solo - the first time I fought Seath was solo and I remember the frustration of trying to keep up with him as he constantly turned around.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/seath-the-scaleless Says he's weak to lightning and bleed - so lightning uchi = profit?

Yeah, tried to summon but no signs to find anywhere... I just ended up invaded instead. I'll try the lightning Uchigatana tomorrow, thanks for the tip.

Boogdud

Ok, so is tomb of the giants all like this? Seriously, I think I need to take a break after getting to that bonfire. One of the biggest dick moves in gaming getting to that stupid bonfire.

It reminds me of pong on the odyssey when I was a kid, they had a mode where both of the players were invisible, all you could see was the ball going back and forth.

/rant

Awesome game. I hit my stride after a bumpy start just like I did in DS. I got the Moonlight Butterfly with some help, then started assing around in as many areas as I could. clearing the lower undead burg and the depths along with their bosses. I can now get to blighttown as well as some ruins where ghosts killed me, and the catacombs that I found by accident.

Before deciding on this and after splurging on some levels and upgrades with the souls from that couple bosses, I decided to go back to darkroot garden, clear as much as I could from it and then try to get the other boss...

...which is unceremoniously kicking my ass. I'm SL 35 with 25 STR, 21 VIT and 13-ish END. I'm using a zwei+5, divine halberd and the Stone armor set, with havel's ring and the Wolf ring. I thought I could tank my way out of the fight, but no.

Awesome game. I hit my stride after a bumpy start just like I did in DS. I got the Moonlight Butterfly with some help, then started assing around in as many areas as I could. clearing the lower undead burg and the depths along with their bosses. I can now get to blighttown as well as some ruins where ghosts killed me, and the catacombs that I found by accident.

Before deciding on this and after splurging on some levels and upgrades with the souls from that couple bosses, I decided to go back to darkroot garden, clear as much as I could from it and then try to get the other boss...

...which is unceremoniously kicking my ass. I'm SL 35 with 25 STR, 21 VIT and 13-ish END. I'm using a zwei+5, divine halberd and the Stone armor set, with havel's ring and the Wolf ring. I thought I could tank my way out of the fight, but no.

By the other boss do you mean Sif? If so, the safest place to be is right underneath him. You might want to equip some lighter gear so that you can stay mobile, avoid his attacks and re-position easier when he jumps around.

For future leveling I'd recommend pumping endurance. If you're gonna use heavy weapons and armor it'll really, really help.

sixghost

Alright, I've got a problem. I started a pure mage build, using virtually nothing but sorceries with the intent to get the Moonlight Greatsword but I can't cut off Seath's tail for the life of me. I've got a magic longsword that does maybe 60 per hit to his tail, and an enchanted falchion that I could use if I grinded a bit to get 2 more DEX. I've tried manually aiming a soul spear at his tail which actually did 340ish damage, but it's pretty unreliable and I've only got 4 shots with it. His tail attacks are crushing me since I have pretty low VIT and END. Is there any way I can cut off his tail? I'm fairly confident I could kill him very easily, I just have never used that weapon before and would like to try it out.

Stats are
VIT 15
ATT 19
END 14
STR 12
DEX 11
INT 41

spells are soul spear, 2x great soul arror, heavy great soul arrow, magic shield, crystal homing mass

I don't have much flexibility with armor or rings. I've tried the trick where you get him to attack the crystal and that worked kind of. The best I've done is hitting his tail with 2 soul speaks for 680 damage.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Okay, either I'm horribly late to the party or something is terribly wrong... I just fired up the PS3 version to go through the DLC for the first time on it, and I notice I'm getting the old "You Defeated", "You Recovered" messages! While cool, wasn't this stuff patched out a long time ago? Am I somehow reverted back to pre-patch state, or did they put them back in?

I can still do invasions, co-op and PSN signs in just fine, anybody else get this?

Okay, either I'm horribly late to the party or something is terribly wrong... I just fired up the PS3 version to go through the DLC for the first time on it, and I notice I'm getting the old "You Defeated", "You Recovered" messages! While cool, wasn't this stuff patched out a long time ago? Am I somehow reverted back to post patch state, or did they put them back in?

I can still do invasions, co-op and PSN signs in just fine, anybody else get this?

They brought back "YOU DEFEATED" due to popular demand.

Ok, so is tomb of the giants all like this? Seriously, I think I need to take a break after getting to that bonfire. One of the biggest dick moves in gaming getting to that stupid bonfire.

It reminds me of pong on the odyssey when I was a kid, they had a mode where both of the players were invisible, all you could see was the ball going back and forth.

/rant

Did you ever find a light? You get one pretty soonish in the Tomb if you didn't pick up a lantern in the catacombs already. One of the coolest areas in the game, IMO.

Boogdud

Did you ever find a light? You get one pretty soonish in the Tomb if you didn't pick up a lantern in the catacombs already. One of the coolest areas in the game, IMO.

Got the skull lantern finally, but I had no light going in at all, I'm pretty much all physical, the only light I had was to throw my horrible level 1 fireballs and hope I could see something. It was a pretty rotten experience. I'm not looking forward to going through that level if it's all pitch black like that, even if I have a light that lights about 3 feet around me.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If you enjoy carrying 99 spices to refill your bar every two or three times you cast Firestorm, more power to you. Being able to stack spell casts and the length of travel in between each bonfire means you're constantly casting, against every mob, with no need for constant breaks to munch on herbs.

lol? No spell is equivalent to Firestorm (the "Fire Tempest" is very nerfed in comparison), and all the powerful spells in DkS have very few charges. In DeS you could spam it constantly if you had enough spice. Not to mention Soul Ray, which equivalent, Crystal Soul Spear, has a measly 4 charges. Magic was wayyyyy overpowered in DeS compared to DkS.

Got the skull lantern finally, but I had no light going in at all, I'm pretty much all physical, the only light I had was to throw my horrible level 1 fireballs and hope I could see something. It was a pretty rotten experience. I'm not looking forward to going through that level if it's all pitch black like that, even if I have a light that lights about 3 feet around me.
You could come back to TotG later once you have the
Sunlight Maggot
. But the Skull Lantern will be sufficient. Taking it slow the first time is the key, the enemies don't aggro until you're almost on top of them if you walk.

789shadow

Banned
So Dark Souls GAF, just got destroyed by the Taurus Demon, what should I do in the Undead Burg before fighting him again? I still haven't been able to defeat the Black Knight.

xmShake

Neo Member
So Dark Souls GAF, just got destroyed by the Taurus Demon, what should I do in the Undead Burg before fighting him again? I still haven't been able to defeat the Black Knight.

You can beat the taurus demon with pretty much your fists.

When you first enter the boss area, climb up the ladder right by the door and kill the 2 crossbow dudes. Then climb back down and go far enough so the taurus demon pops down. Then you should run back and climb up the ladder again, and the taurus demon should be right below the tower. Jump down and do the jumping attack and you should take away like 1/3rd of his health.

From this point it's really easy to kill him if you have fireball, firebombs, magic, arrows, anything ranged. Otherwise, you basically run forward, wait for him to wind up for an attack, back up a little bit then run forward after he misses and attack him 1-2 times (most of his attack are really short ranged). You just keep repeating this and he goes down really fast.

Also the black knight is really hard for someone new to the game to beat right away. You need to either parry his attacks and then riposte him several times or get around him and backstab him a lot. It's probably best to just kill 2-3 more bosses and then come back and kill him.

789shadow

Banned
You can beat the taurus demon with pretty much your fists.

When you first enter the boss area, climb up the ladder right by the door and kill the 2 crossbow dudes. Then climb back down and go far enough so the taurus demon pops down. Then you should run back and climb up the ladder again, and the taurus demon should be right below the tower. Jump down and do the jumping attack and you should take away like 1/3rd of his health.

From this point it's really easy to kill him if you have fireball, firebombs, magic, arrows, anything ranged. Otherwise, you basically run forward, wait for him to wind up for an attack, back up a little bit then run forward after he misses and attack him 1-2 times (most of his attack are really short ranged). You just keep repeating this and he goes down really fast.

Also the black knight is really hard for someone new to the game to beat right away. You need to either parry his attacks and then riposte him several times or get around him and backstab him a lot. It's probably best to just kill 2-3 more bosses and then come back and kill him.
Yeah, the Taurus Demon fight goes like that all the time, just that he killed me. :(

I'm SL 15, should I be higher.

xmShake

Neo Member
Yeah, the Taurus Demon fight goes like that all the time, just that he killed me. :(

I'm SL 15, should I be higher.

You're plenty high, maybe you should try farming up some souls and then buying fire bombs from the undead merchant.

He's in a little side area right before the first bonfire in the parish with the 2 spear guys, down the stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom