• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

2AdEPT

Fuck this thread.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out!

But we are very clearly not in any sort of disagreement.

and yet you still got called names....had the same problem a few pages earlier when I tried agreeing that personal choice is important in this game....interestingly he agrees with personal choice "and all" but will argue to the point of splitting hairs that his way is better than everyone else's and call you names.

For the record ixix, I find your math analysis useful... you were one of if not the first poster iirc to expose why split resistances lower the overall damage ...don't ask him to explain why the furysword is better than a +15 buff route, nor suggest a "fun" pvp character like a skywalker faith darkmoon washing pole buffer is even remotely a "viable" option. You won't be agreeing very long.

Wired

Another question from me, my primary weapon is a +15 Zwei which I really like. And now I'm playing through NG and just picked up another, what would be the most useful upgrade path do you think?

Lighning was nerfed a long time ago right, I liked that way back then but maybe I should pick something else. Do you think Chaos is worthwhile if you're constantly running around with 10+ humanities?

valouris

I uncovered a hidden path under
Queelag
, and I
killed one of those weird dudes, but it turns out he could speak and he was an NPC
. I didn't even talk to him... Damn I did it again :p What did I lose this time?

Wired

Queelag
, and I
killed one of those weird dudes, but it turns out he could speak and he was an NPC
. I didn't even talk to him... Damn I did it again :p What did I lose this time?

Not much,
primarily two pyros. Poison Mist & Toxic Mist
The first can be found elsewhere in the swamp, but I think the other is unique.

valouris

And a semi-important-ish common mistake most people do when finding that bonfire:
DON'T kill the egg-invested guy who is blocking the way to the bonfire, answer YES to his question, otherwise he won't let you pass and you will need to reload for him to ask you again.

Ah, see, I totally made this mistake, you had warned me, but foolish me is trying to avoid all spoilers! Thanks though!

Soulhouf

Another question from me, my primary weapon is a +15 Zwei which I really like. And now I'm playing through NG and just picked up another, what would be the most useful upgrade path do you think?

Lighning was nerfed a long time ago right, I liked that way back then but maybe I should pick something else. Do you think Chaos is worthwhile if you're constantly running around with 10+ humanities?

Elemental upgrade is only good if you keep the minimum required stat and if it's not high.
For example it doesn't make sens to make a Demon Great Machete elemental.
Queelag
, and I

I hope you didn't kill the Fair Lady.

Wired

I didn't, but now I'm reaaaally curious

Also, is there any place I can farm Large Titanite Shards? I hate farming souls and then going to Anor Londo every time I need some.

The leeches in blighttown drops them, as well as green shards (5 per drop).

Sullichin

Also, is there any place I can farm Large Titanite Shards? I hate farming souls and then going to Anor Londo every time I need some.

The slimes in the depths and the leeches in blighttown. I find it much faster to just pay the blacksmith or the Sen's merchant though.

blahness

If you have access to the DLC, the bloatheads in Oolacile Township drop plenty of them.

Calibus

Two personal milestones within the past couple days: killed empowered Ornstein (who was oddly easier in NG+2 than he was in NG), and finally emancipated myself from Havel's Ring (that was an evil evil grind).

Been trying out PvP for the past couple of days while waiting for Dark Souls 2 beta. Not really a PvP guy, but I've been having a blast.

Just beat a guy who was obviously looking to duel in Undead Parish. Got indicted. Man I love this game! :lol

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Sorc build just rolled through O+S. Homing Soul Mass made it really easy. Run away, cast, load up Great Soul Arrow, and hit them with both as they come rushing in. Repeat a few times and win.

Magic builds seem to violate the dynamics that make this game challenging.

Sorc build just rolled through O+S. Homing Soul Mass made it really easy. Run away, cast, load up Great Soul Arrow, and hit them with both as they come rushing in. Repeat a few times and win.

Magic builds seem to violate the dynamics that make this game challenging.

It was even worse in Demon's Souls. With the right set up you could one shot most bosses with a single casting.

2AdEPT

It was even worse in Demon's Souls. With the right set up you could one shot most bosses with a single casting.

the difference being, it was damn fun to figure out how to do that....a lot of the mystery that was demon's souls is lost forever. In most ways demon's was the original and still reigning champ as far as novelty game win.

Just got 800,000 plus souls for killing the host. Unless it's me going delusional from not being able to log in to the Dark Souls 2 Beta. O_O

neoemonk

Finished the game! Woo hoo!

Parried Gwynn to death. Died several times doing it but I always did the most damage compared to some of the other strategies I tried. When I finally pulled it off, I hit all my parries perfectly.

Time to hit the wiki, see what I missed, and think about finding an achievement guide as well.

valouris

After clearing the forest I finally decided to go to the catacombs, turns out it is way too easy for my level right now, kinda disappointed. At least I made a big mistake and made a divine weapon out of a sword I can only use two-handed, so at least there is some suspense in that. :p

neoemonk

I'm reading through a trophy guide right now, and it's blowing my mind a little. I really had no idea what covenants were or how they worked.

Calibus

If interested, I'm starting a video play through of various DaS sessions. No commentary, just gameplay.

Note to mods: My videos will not be monetized so I am not advertising/view-begging. Just putting them out there for entertainment.

Also, for constructive criticism. This video is of my Sanctuary Guardian fight on NG+2. I can never get my timing on this boss down. Is this just the nature of the fight, or are there playstyle/gear changes I can make?

http://youtu.be/ZNozYFwpWK0

neoemonk

Been watching some ENB videos and reading some wiki pages and it's like I didn't even play the game. There is soooo much that I never saw. I can't decide if I want to do NG+ or start a new character. I did a full melee run so I want to try a sorc build and test out magic in Dark Souls but I have a lot of other games that I've been neglecting while I play. Damn this game for being so good.

Yeah, you killed a SL 712 duper. Congrats.

Haha, thanks. So the number of souls you get is determined by the players SL then? Was SL 76 in that fight. Surprised I stood a chance.

Picked up were I left off with my SL110 INT/DEX bulid. Was having a hell of time trying to beat the Four Kings in NG+. Until I put on Havel's set. Good ol' Havel.
Also, is there anyway to join the Darkwraiths, after you say yes to Frampt? Can I just kill him?

daedalius

Had the same issue after I upgraded to windows 8.1 (not sure if related). Go into your video card settings ad turn off stereoscopic 3d (I think its called that, it will be called some sort of 3d). Apparently you can use the 3d glasses form movie theaters to play games but I never tried it. Turn that off and it should be fine.

I'm not sure if that's what did it, but it seems to be working fine now! Thanks

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Haha, thanks. So the number of souls you get is determined by the players SL then? Was SL 76 in that fight. Surprised I stood a chance.
Those cheaters are terribad players, usually, so a skilled lower-level player can still take 'em on. I once killed one in the forest, ninja flipping with full Havel (pre-Darkwood Grain ring nerf patch), with my Quelaag furysword, he kept flasking too. Burst out laughing when I saw the ludicrous amount of souls I got.

Picked up were I left off with my SL110 INT/DEX bulid. Was having a hell of time trying to beat the Four Kings in NG+. Until I put on Havel's set. Good ol' Havel.
Also, is there anyway to join the Darkwraiths, after you say yes to Frampt? Can I just kill him?
Nope, once you showed the Lordvessel to Frampt, you can't join Darkwraith, sorry.

Divius

This afternoon I spent 2 hours farming for a freaking Balder Swag Sword, by the time I got it I had enough shields, gauntlets and armors to supply an entire Balder Army and enough shards and souls to fully upgrade them. Ugh. Oh well, it was worth it. Love the sword.

Those cheaters are terribad players, usually, so a skilled lower-level player can still take 'em on. I once killed one in the forest, ninja flipping with full Havel (pre-Darkwood Grain ring nerf patch), with my Quelaag furysword, he kept flasking too. Burst out laughing when I saw the ludicrous amount of souls I got.
Heard about that heavy armor ninja flipping. One of the things that kept me from PvP back then. But yeah I know what you mean. It was late and I sat there with my jaw dropped. The guy had low poise and kept trying to cast Homing Soul Arrow, too. Why can't I run into more players like this? :lol

Nope, once you showed the Lordvessel to Frampt, you can't join Darkwraith, sorry.
Oh well I could always make a new build. No way am I going through NG++ for that. Thanks.

This afternoon I spent 2 hours farming for a freaking Balder Swag Sword, by the time I got it I had enough shields, gauntlets and armors to supply an entire Balder Army and enough shards and souls to fully upgrade them. Ugh. Oh well, it was worth it. Love the sword.

Where were you farming, and with what setup? It's easier to farm them in Sen's. Yeah the BSS is always worth it. >:3

dosh

Been watching some ENB videos and reading some wiki pages and it's like I didn't even play the game. There is soooo much that I never saw. I can't decide if I want to do NG+ or start a new character. I did a full melee run so I want to try a sorc build and test out magic in Dark Souls but I have a lot of other games that I've been neglecting while I play. Damn this game for being so good.

I had been neglecting magic for at least seven playthroughs until I gave it a shot. I can't recall how many times I burst out laughing when I saw the damages dealt by some of the spells.

Dark beads is insanely overpowered and fun to use. And it only requires 16 in INT, so your character doesn't even have to be a pure caster. With this spell, the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring and a zweihander, it was probably the most powerful character I ever created.

2AdEPT

Should I buy a PS3 just for Demon's Souls? I wish PS4 had bc so I could consider that..

Assuming you thought Dark was awesome...then YES. I spent about 1000 hours on both games each since 2009, so why only allow yourself half the fun?

Although I have done these lists before and should try to find a link, I feel it will be easier just to list the best bosses from both games...although the order is subjective I think most would agree with the idea that both games provide legit offerings for the overall list:

For two enemy bosses.......O&S > Maneaters > >>>>>>Gargoyles.

For one BIG boss relentless.....Flamelurker>King Allant>>>>>>>>>>Gwynn, maybe Capra?

Dragons were better in Dark hands down. Gaping, seath, Hellkite>>>>>>>>>bridge dragons.

QTE - Dragon God>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bed of Chaos.

Ridiculously easy bosses: All the world 5 ones, Adjudicator and the 3.1 fairy>>>>>>firesage, centipede, nito

Most ingeneous surprise AI - Old Monk and Old Hero.>>>>>>>>>>>>nothing to compare

Cool change up - Storm King>>>>>>>>>>nothing to compare.

weird (joke) boss - Old King, maiden astrea>>>>>>>>>>>>>nothing to compare.

neoemonk

I feel bad for the people that I kill in PVP because I suck at it. I'm working on the Darkmoon Covenant and I got pulled in to someone's world and killed the guy. Shortly after a message popped up. I expected it to be an expletive-laden hateful diatribe, but instead the guy said "hope you enjoyed that, I'm just trying to help a friend with O&S".

I actually felt bad about that one.

Sullichin

I feel bad for the people that I kill in PVP because I suck at it. I'm working on the Darkmoon Covenant and I got pulled in to someone's world and killed the guy. Shortly after a message popped up. I expected it to be an expletive-laden hateful diatribe, but instead the guy said "hope you enjoyed that, I'm just trying to help a friend with O&S".

I actually felt bad about that one.

If he's trying to help a friend he doesn't have to be human! And he's a dirty sinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom