• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT5| Definitely better than the sequel

Hi guys, quick question, is the console Prepare To Die edition actually a different disc image or is it the normal game with the DLC voucher in the box?

The PS3 version has the DLC included on disc. It's why I imported the UK version since it was never released in USA.

grimmiq

After buying DS1 almost 2 years ago..I've almost finished it, nowhere near full clear, but I think I got all of the bigger bosses. Refused to buy DS2 until I'd finished the first..Now at the final boss and given up for the night as my attempts began to get worse and worse..This ends tomorrow..

grimmiq

Was nagging at me so took another 7-8 attempts and got the SOB down.. I missed the DLC bosses, but don't plan on coming back to it anytime soon, mainly wanted to "finish" so I could move on to DS2 and then get hype for Project Beast and really dive into these games.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
You'll probably want it for Four Kings.

Nice to know :)

Edit: Well we will see. If its another try 20+ times-battle, then I will probably be able to experiment a bit both with and without it. I like how the inner part of the dungeon was lied out btw, was fun coming up and finding that item I had looked for since the start of the level.

Booshka

You guys are scrubs poise tanking 4 Kings, fast roll and dodge that shit for days.

Crest shield to block the AoE and homing magic attack. I don't even run away from the AoE anymore, just stand there and block, tank most of the damage with shield, then get back to swinging.

Overdoziz

Banned
You guys are scrubs poise tanking 4 Kings, fast roll and dodge that shit for days.

Crest shield to block the AoE and homing magic attack. I don't even run away from the AoE anymore, just stand there and block, tank most of the damage with shield, then get back to swinging.
That's what I did in NG. In NG+ it just takes too long to do any damage while rolling and avoiding the attacks. Ain't got no time for that.

Booshka

That's what I did in NG. In NG+ it just takes too long to do any damage while rolling and avoiding the attacks. Ain't got no time for that.

I roll and avoid attacks on NG+7, seriously, get good. There is plenty of time to get hits in if you position yourself properly after the roll.

How do I beat Queelaag? The second I enter the arena she spams her lava attack, and kills me almost instantly. I can't dodge it either. 4x, and everytime she attacks her first attack is a lava, and that's unavoidable and does 75% of my HP in dmg, then she spams it again before I can roll or move.

I'm mad. I must be doing something wrong, because, I can't dodge that lava attack. I can't even with the NPC, she always hits me with it before I can do anything.

Because you'd rather complain than try? Just an observation. Not attacking you just what I've noticed.

I wasn't complaining. I didn't give up, and I beat her in sub 6 tries. She was the first boss to give me any sort of trouble yet, and that was only due to her lava attacks. I thought mildred could be a useful cannon fodder, she wasn't useful she just sat there in lava.

Mistel

Banned
I wasn't complaining. I didn't give up, and I beat her in sub 6 tries. She was the first boss to give me any sort of trouble yet, and that was only due to her lava attacks. I thought mildred could be a useful cannon fodder, she wasn't useful she just sat there in lava.
Mildred is notable for being not that helpful.

Booshka

Because you'd rather complain than try? Just an observation. Not attacking you just what I've noticed.

Let ppl vent in this thread, even if they are irrational and whiney. Let them go, gotta get the rage out somewhere. Offer tips and all that, but unless someone is completely off the wall raging and not even responsive to actually learning the game or responding to tips, let them vent.

Mildred is notable for being not that helpful.

I thought so. I thought anyone that could possibly get killed to me has to be useless. Oh well, at least I fought a tougher boss because of her. I just baited her lava attacks. I couldn't risk attacking from the side, she was on to me. I was told that attacking from her side was good, but, I guess they meant to do when she used her lava breath.

Mistel

Banned
Let ppl vent in this thread, even if they are irrational and whiney. Let them go, gotta get the rage out somewhere. Offer tips and all that, but unless someone is completely off the wall raging and not even responsive to actually learning the game or responding to tips, let them vent.
Did you not see me trying to explain the depths bonfire?
I thought so. I thought anyone that could possibly get killed to me has to be useless. Oh well, at least I fought a tougher boss because of her. I just baited her lava attacks. I couldn't risk attacking from the side, she was on to me. I was told that attacking from her side was good, but, I guess they meant to do when she used her lava breath.
Well Mildred is arguably the worst phantom other than Beatrice on the 4 kings.

Well, fuck, now im stuck on ceaseless discharge. I can't dodge his attacks, and he OHKOs me. So I wasn't supposed to attack him head on? Whoops.

Did you not see me trying to explain the depths bonfire?

Wait you thought I was being serious? I was joking around after the first post.

Jamesways

So new character, a fast, light spell caster. Having a blast helping people in with the first few areas/bosses. There's still a ton of activity for summoning there. 10+ Sunlight medals just last night and this afternoon.

Fun times co-oping with people through good chunks of the areas.

Morfeo

Yup, I am now officially 100% lost. I went up the giant elevator found the tunnel, and it's a dead end, and went everywhere I could and everywhere ends in a dead end.

I think there might be some stairs you are missing or something. The way out is with the elevator.

Good job on Quelaag btw, she was pretty difficult for me as well.

Edit: I see you found your way out :)

Blight Town wasn't too bad.

Black Knights are push overs even the regular enemies in Sens Fort are harder, but, that great sword wielding one? Fuck him, he hits like a truck.

Kieli

Black Knights are push overs even the regular enemies in Sens Fort are harder, but, that great sword wielding one? Fuck him, he hits like a truck.

Yeah, I felt they made the Black Knights a bit too easy. You can exploit their slow turn so it becomes backstab-city.

It's a shame because they're so badass and certainly look like they can kick your ass.

If they were Dark Souls II enemies, they'd turn on a dime never showing their backs, and do infinite no recovery combos.

Yeah, I felt they made the Black Knights a bit too easy. You can exploit their slow turn so it becomes backstab-city.

It's a shame because they're so badass and certainly look like they can kick your ass.

Boy do I feel bad, I never backstabbed...and I feel worse because I got the BKGS. I learned how to parry! I can parry regular hollows with ease, I can 50% parry baldr knights, and I 25% those Snake Guys.

Jaeger

I hated Blighttown, mostly due to the horrendous lag in a game already plagued by horrendous lag. But, it wasn't too hard after I figured out the lay of the land.

grimmiq

The Greatsword one is a joke with a Zweihander, lure him into the spiral stairs and bait his attacks, then R2 him after each. I suck at parrying (Which is why Gwynn took so goddamn long!) Firebombed the sword one to death, used staircase on the Gsword, and backstabbed Halberd off the cliff. Got lucky and the Halberd dropped so used that for the rest of my playthrough.

Resilient

You guys could solve all your problems by getting rid of your shield and dodging shit instead. You can basically hug every boss in this game, dodge and win lol.

Morfeo

Played abit, and I think I have completed the Garden area more or less. Killed the Wolf-boss (which was a joke), and the Hydra (sniped from the bridge), and thinking about going Valley of Drakes now.

Anyways, what is the point in the Covenants? And can I join more than one? Love the Pharis-bow btw, that made my heavy dext-leveling finally worth it!

Top Bottom