• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT5| Definitely better than the sequel

Shengar

Fair and dex is good for the sunlight blade buff. Faith and str is ok Too, there it's good for combining with wotg, and using twop to set up huge smashes. Faith isn't good on it's own like int is imo due to the limited amount of offensive firepower it gives you.

Faith and STR combination is much better than STR alone right?

Everything has it's advantages and disadvantages. Play a build that makes you feel more comfortable. Instead of faith, you can pump more into hp or endurance, or hit the soft cap for strength. Faith is a lot of fun though, but I suggest if you're doing an initial run that you try a more vanilla approach, then you can mess around with the other stuff in subsequent runs for flavor and near endless replay value.

Faith is a ton of fun and offers up some ranged options for when your opponent is away, with the lightning spears and such. But keep in mind, you'll be needing to put some stats into attunement for more spells, that would otherwise go into strength or your health and edurance or faith for that matter.

Just do what you want, basically. The game will feel fresh for each new play style you try out.

Both are good. With faith is take it to 30, 30 opens up a lot of utility spells for a split build. Honestly I'd look at a guide to find about miracle locations though because you aren't likely to just stumble upon the better ones on your own until very late in the game if at all unfortunately.

sjack

Banned
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition doesn't show up on Steam because of some bullshit region locking shenanigans from Microsoft (I live in Bulgaria). I want to buy it but can't. Anyone know a way around this

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition doesn't show up on Steam because of some bullshit region locking shenanigans from Microsoft (I live in Bulgaria). I want to buy it but can't. Anyone know a way around this

You can't buy over the Steam store? Can you buy it there?: http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/Dark-Souls-Prepare-to-Die-Edition.html?ref=516
Site is legit. Listed by http://isthereanydeal.com

Cheapest price at the moment (11,95€). You should be able to activate the key without problem.

Anustart

Linked the fire. Now I'm in new game+.

I'm playing as pyro and want to actually use them this run since I didn't at all last run. What stats do I need to invest in, or is it too late since its ng+?

Linked the fire. Now I'm in new game+.

I'm playing as pyro and want to actually use them this run since I didn't at all last run. What stats do I need to invest in, or is it too late since its ng+?

You just have to upgrade your Pyro Flame, and Attunement for slots.

Just upgrade the glove and wear the dusk crown bellowing dragoncrest ring and abuse the power within (should be able to roll wth two once you hit blighttown )

Where can I steal a fireekeeper soul without repercussions? Don't wanna take out chaos bc. I need chaos fireball later, already gt the ones you pick up normally and used them. If I kill the anor Londo bitch will I still be able to join the dark moons ? I don't wanna sacrifice fire link or chaos, I don't know of any other way to get one at this point since I picked up the environment ones already on this run.

Just upgrade the glove and wear the dusk crown bellowing dragoncrest ring and abuse the power within (should be able to roll wth two once you hit blighttown )

Where can I steal a fireekeeper soul without repercussions? Don't wanna take out chaos bc. I need chaos fireball later, already gt the ones you pick up normally and used them. If I kill the anor Londo bitch will I still be able to join the dark moons ? I don't wanna sacrifice fire link or chaos, I don't know of any other way to get one at this point since I picked up the environment ones already on this run.
I think you can kill her after joining but not before.

You can always dupe them (do a long animation like a two-handed swing or roll, press item use button during animation, then open menu and use an item like Estus).

I think you can kill her after joining but not before.

You can always dupe them (do a long animation like a two-handed swing or roll, press item use button during animation, then open menu and use an item like Estus).
Ironically that's what I want to do lol but I started this char a while ago and pumped my estus to +6 before I knew about the trick, and you need a soul to start it. But it's also on PC where I don't have all the Cheevos yet so I don't wanna lock myself out of dark moon blade and great chaos fb. Then again I also effed up and used Gwyns soul when I was doing that to stock up on twinkling lol so I'm gonna need to beat him a third time probs. wish I ran through the dlc on this char but I think I skipped it in ng..which blows bc I'm rolling a glass cannon with like 12 vit

Booshka

Ironically that's what I want to do lol but I started this char a while ago and pumped my estus to +6 before I knew about the trick, and you need a soul to start it. But it's also on PC where I don't have all the Cheevos yet so I don't wanna lock myself out of dark moon blade and great chaos fb. Then again I also effed up and used Gwyns soul when I was doing that to stock up on twinkling lol so I'm gonna need to beat him a third time probs. wish I ran through the dlc on this char but I think I skipped it in ng..which blows bc I'm rolling a glass cannon with like 12 vit

There are 7 total and you can only use 6 per playthrough, so if you picked up all 4 in the world, then you will just have to run another playthrough.

ElTopo

Banned
Re-playing this with a new build (but using the same character class, The Barbarian's Battle Axe is too good) and so far have got: Taurus Demon, Capra Demon, and the Belfry Gargoyles. Took about 20 attempts to kill the Gargoyles. I think that could be chalked up to not killing Capra demon and levelling up as much and also not using the Drake Sword (I'm avoiding it in this run). What a pain in the ass fight. Every time I had a shot the other one would breathe fire. I got lucky and got the health of one of them down low enough that I was able to safely finish him off with throwing knives. I am 2 Strength points away from using the Zweihander.

First time playing, and I just got to Anor Londo. I haven't been back to Firelink in a while, so I backtracked (picked up Havel's ring on the way...nice), and I end up talking to a serpent who tells me my role in things. Talking to him again and the option to feed him materials comes up. Now I could just google what this does, but my question is, how should I know to do this and the result? Even wasting one to test...what's the roleplaying motivation to shove shards of metal in a serpents mouth? Did I miss a dialog?

First time playing, and I just got to Anor Londo. I haven't been back to Firelink in a while, so I backtracked (picked up Havel's ring on the way...nice), and I end up talking to a serpent who tells me my role in things. Talking to him again and the option to feed him materials comes up. Now I could just google what this does, but my question is, how should I know to do this and the result? Even wasting one to test...what's the roleplaying motivation to shove shards of metal in a serpents mouth? Did I miss a dialog?

In that mode he acts as the unique vendor who can buy your weapons and gives you souls in exchange and gives you small chunks of titanite from big titanite.

You can collect tons of duplicates weapons the more you progress so is kinda helpful to sell all that trash to him.

Booshka

Re-playing this with a new build (but using the same character class, The Barbarian's Battle Axe is too good) and so far have got: Taurus Demon, Capra Demon, and the Belfry Gargoyles. Took about 20 attempts to kill the Gargoyles. I think that could be chalked up to not killing Capra demon and levelling up as much and also not using the Drake Sword (I'm avoiding it in this run). What a pain in the ass fight. Every time I had a shot the other one would breathe fire. I got lucky and got the health of one of them down low enough that I was able to safely finish him off with throwing knives. I am 2 Strength points away from using the Zweihander.

It takes 3 levels to use a Zwei from the start of the game as a Bandit, you only need 16 STR and 10 DEX to 2 hand it, which is how you should be using it the majority of the time. Also, 2 handing that Battle Axe absolutely wrecks the Gargoyles, it's a 2 hit stagger if you 2 hand it.

What I am really trying to say, is that you should just 2 hand a lot more.

I don't think there is anything in-game that tells you what the result of feeding him upgrade materials is, but it's rarely worth doing in most cases unless you know absolutely you won't be using a specific type of titanite (for example if you aren't using magic or faith upgrade paths at all and you feed him blue/white chunks respectively).

The one material it is worth feeding him:
1 x Green titanite shard = 5 x regular titanite shards

Feeding him items (consumables/weapons/armour) is more straight forward, it's a straight up trade for souls (even if it is a pittance).

In that mode he acts as the unique vendor who can buy your weapons and gives you souls in exchange and gives you small chunks of titanite from big titanite.

You can collect tons of duplicates weapons the more you progress so is kinda helpful to sell all that trash to him.

Wow, that's cool. I already have tons of weapons I'll never use.

I don't think there is anything in-game that tells you what the result of feeding him upgrade materials is, but it's rarely worth doing in most cases unless you know absolutely you won't be using a specific type of titanite (for example if you aren't using magic or faith upgrade paths at all and you feed him blue/white chunks respectively).

The one material it is worth feeding him:
1 x Green titanite shard = 5 x regular titanite shards

Feeding him items (consumables/weapons/armour) is more straight forward, it's a straight up trade for souls (even if it is a pittance).

Thanks. Wish developers paid more attention to immersion. I don't mind experimenting, but I hate it in games when you do something for no reason other than it's a game mechanic so you do it. :)

ElTopo

Banned
It takes 3 levels to use a Zwei from the start of the game as a Bandit, you only need 16 STR and 10 DEX to 2 hand it, which is how you should be using it the majority of the time. Also, 2 handing that Battle Axe absolutely wrecks the Gargoyles, it's a 2 hit stagger if you 2 hand it.

What I am really trying to say, is that you should just 2 hand a lot more.

I don't have a lot of faith in my Parry skills so... It depends on the situation if I 2 hand it or not. I did level up enough to use with 1 hand. Also killed the Moonlight Butterfly and this time without the aide of Pyomancy. Fun fight. Newfound appreciation for it.

Lucked out and killed the dude who holds the ring of favor and protection. Pushed him off the ledge at Firelink. Didn't see any loot but when I came back some time later I saw it there. Also killed Havel, so I have two of the best rings in the game right now. I might be levelled up enough to take on Blighttown.

Parrying is easy once you know the trick to each enemy. And fortunately, the enemies who aren't staggered by two-handed attacks are sometimes some of the easiest enemies to parry. Mainly sword Black/ Silver Knights and Man-serpents.
You push the parry button when they turn their wrist and start moving their weapon towards you.

Thinking about going to Blighttown on more playthroughs because just taking the shortcut, killing Queelag, and leaving is getting kind of old. Though I certainly won't play through at default brightness.

ElTopo

Banned
Made more progress in my 2nd run. Killed the Spider boss (I'm not even going to try to spell her name) and trying to make a Chaos Blade but I just looked it up and I'm going to need to get the Uchigatana to +10... I thought it was +5 but no, of course not.

Already in Andor Londo and got the bridge going. I'm tempted to go for Ornstein and Smough even though the gear I have isn't amazing (a +4 Zweihander, +2 Great Scythe, and a +5 Uchigatana with a Kite Shield). I'm still using the default wardrobe because I want to keep my quick roll. I really want to get that Fast Travel going. I've already defeated Ceaseless so all the big areas are available I'm just not looking forward to back tracking through all of that.

Fuck Blighttown. That is easily the worst and least fun area in the entire game. Dark Souls 2 has nothing on Blighttown. The Gulch looks fucking amazing when compared to Blighttown (I like the Gulch and the use of the torch but you get what I mean).

PS: I completely forgot how but where do you find Silf? I killed the merchant who holds the key to that door for his Uchigitana. Silf is the only boss that I've completely forgot how to get to.

Mistel

Banned
PS: I completely forgot how but where do you find Silf? I killed the merchant who holds the key to that door for his Uchigitana. Silf is the only boss that I've completely forgot how to get to.
That is a different merchant to the one that has the key for the door in darkroot.

NG+ Gaping Dragon is wrecking me and summoned Lautrec both, I'm stalling out in his last 1/4th of health... Power Within, level 105... Maybe I just need to git gud but damn if I didn't ragequit a few times.

That grab move in NG seems lethal.

NG+ Gaping Dragon is wrecking me and summoned Lautrec both, I'm stalling out in his last 1/4th of health... Power Within, level 105... Maybe I just need to git gud but damn if I didn't ragequit a few times.

Stay behind/to the side of him and you shouldn't ever see the grab move (well not on yourself, Solaire loves getting eaten by Gaping Dragon!)

Booshka

Made more progress in my 2nd run. Killed the Spider boss (I'm not even going to try to spell her name) and trying to make a Chaos Blade but I just looked it up and I'm going to need to get the Uchigatana to +10... I thought it was +5 but no, of course not.

Already in Andor Londo and got the bridge going. I'm tempted to go for Ornstein and Smough even though the gear I have isn't amazing (a +4 Zweihander, +2 Great Scythe, and a +5 Uchigatana with a Kite Shield). I'm still using the default wardrobe because I want to keep my quick roll. I really want to get that Fast Travel going. I've already defeated Ceaseless so all the big areas are available I'm just not looking forward to back tracking through all of that.

Fuck Blighttown. That is easily the worst and least fun area in the entire game. Dark Souls 2 has nothing on Blighttown. The Gulch looks fucking amazing when compared to Blighttown (I like the Gulch and the use of the torch but you get what I mean).

And Blighttown has nothing on Valley of Defilement from Demon's Souls.

You kinda goofed by not getting a weapon to +6 before going to Anor Londo, you should have picked up the Large Ember in the Depths, given it to Andre, then used the Large Shards from Blightttown and Sen's to upgrade it. Blacksmith in Anor Londo sells them too, so you could get a +10 weapon, Lightning, or Boss Soul weapon ready before fighting S & O.

Temporarily, there is a Crystal Halberd in a Mimic chest at the beginning of Anor Londo that will be a huge damage boost and can help you beat the boss. Then you can get your warp and start working on your gear.

Always attack him bo his sides, frontal attacks are kinda a suicide

ElTopo

Banned
And Blighttown has nothing on Valley of Defilement from Demon's Souls.

You kinda goofed by not getting a weapon to +6 before going to Anor Londo, you should have picked up the Large Ember in the Depths, given it to Andre, then used the Large Shards from Blightttown and Sen's to upgrade it. Blacksmith in Anor Londo sells them too, so you could get a +10 weapon, Lightning, or Boss Soul weapon ready before fighting S & O.

Temporarily, there is a Crystal Halberd in a Mimic chest at the beginning of Anor Londo that will be a huge damage boost and can help you beat the boss. Then you can get your warp and start working on your gear.

Yeah... One thing Dark Souls 2 got right is getting boss weapons. None of this crap with maxing out a weapon, find the right blacksmith, find an ember, and trade the soul. In DS2, you take the souls to one of two traders, you get the weapon. Done.

But, I managed to beat Ornstein and Smough with a +5 Zweihander. Took me about 5 attempts which isn't bad at all. Somehow I killed Ornstein first and it wasn't done intentionally, I was just taking a pot shot of whoever was exposed. 2-arming that Zweihander man...

It's funny you mention the Crystal Halberd, that's how I beat them last time. Only that time I was focusing on Ornstein.

Going to take a break from it for the rest of the day and then work on getting my Chaos Flame Great Scythe and Chaos Blade and max out Zweihander to +10.

I got a level 50 str fth. What level do you think I could take it to for o and s to farm coop? Is that as high as I should go? I'm just beating the lord bosses now with him debating if I could take him up cos I wanna pvp more but don't wanna lose o and s activity in xbox (I can never ever find invasions or summons on PC version since patch)

I got a level 50 str fth. What level do you think I could take it to for o and s to farm coop? Is that as high as I should go? I'm just beating the lord bosses now with him debating if I could take him up cos I wanna pvp more but don't wanna lose o and s activity in xbox (I can never ever find invasions or summons on PC version since patch)

I was around 70 and dropping my sign for S&O co-op and was still getting summoned. This was maybe 2 years ago, so I don't know if it'll still work.

ElTopo

Banned
Making good progress. Got my +10 Zweihander and +3 Fir Great Scythe and +3 Chaos Blade. Killed Gravelord Nito and Silf and finally have Artorias Greatshield. I could easily beat the game with what I have now, just need some decent wardrobe.

Making good progress. Got my +10 Zweihander and +3 Fir Great Scythe and +3 Chaos Blade. Killed Gravelord Nito and Silf and finally have Artorias Greatshield. I could easily beat the game with what I have now, just need some decent wardrobe.

+10 Zwei alone is an easy ticket to end the game, do you have the DLC?

ElTopo

Banned
+10 Zwei alone is an easy ticket to end the game, do you have the DLC?

Steam edition dude.

It's a different experience for sure. In my first playthrough I mostly used the Great Scythe. But man that Zwei... Just 2 handing it and using the hard attack and stunning the Taurus Demons feels fucking amazing.

Steam edition dude.

It's a different experience for sure. In my first playthrough I mostly used the Great Scythe. But man that Zwei... Just 2 handing it and using the hard attack and stunning the Taurus Demons feels fucking amazing.

The zwei can stagger everything except maybe for Sif if you hit them correctly

Arjen

Up until 60 but 50 is the sweet spot

ElTopo

Banned
Got the Knights of the Abyss. Going to clear out the lower area then go to the sealed gate in Anor Londo and then finally get to the DLC.

I got 10 humanity and the covetous ring and killed the 10 lizards in the hollow. No slabs. Did get one from those knight guys in new londo. I grind on.
It might be my imagination, but I always seemed to have better slab drops in the Great Hollow on NG+ onwards than NG. (probably total rubbish and no difference!).

ElTopo

Banned
Made it to Seek's Castle/Palace/Library/Whatever after killing the Bed of Chaos and getting my Chaos Flame Great Scythe to +3 and Chaos Blade to +4 now (Which BTW, Annihilated the Firesage Demon).

The more I play the more I find bosses and little design decisions that I don't particularly like. Though I'm referring mostly to bosses. There's a couple things that I really hate like that Bonfire in Darkroot Basin (you know the one, we all know the one) and little moments where you're just trying to reach a spot and you rolled or you ran or you leaped from a slightly different angle and the geography was deigned in such a way where if you didn't make the perfect leap you get pushed off.

A lot of bosses I don't generally like or there's a flaw there that DS2 doesn't really have:

Bed of Chaos sucks. Just flat out sucks. Horrible boss fight. Cool idea but badly implemented.

Flame Centipede (Whatever his name is). You're not given enough room to fight him unless you cut off Ceasless' tail and that's incredibly difficult and is something that you need a partner to help you with. So you basically have to cheese him on a very small spot of land and if you target him the camera goes nuts. So not a good idea to target.

Belfry Gargoyles. I actually like this fight but I hate the camera when you're targeting. If you're targeting one of them, and then that one flies into the air, the camera assumes this insanely close position to your character and it looks up at the Gargoyle. This is a huge problem when you have to deal with the other one and also trying to stay away from the edge of the roof. So you basically have to untarget, take a moment to re-orient yourself, then run away and get good in a good position and re-target one of them.

Ceasless Discharge. I hate his pattern. I hate the retarded damage he does. The easy way to kill him is cute but it's still a lame fight.

Capra Demon. Again, the camera/targeting system ruins it because the environment you fight him in is so small and you're prone to get really close to him so the camera (again) gets way too close and it's difficult to see.

Gravelord Nito. Assume you did not know the trick in "Hugging" him and just keeping close and using a halberd kind of weapon. How the hell are expected to beat this dude? That homing attack is complete BS and you have to fight him in an enclosed space or you aggro Giant Skeletons. And the skeletons infinitely respawn until you kill him. AND you take fall damage when you jump in there. AND when you drop down sometimes he does that homing attack right away and sometimes he doesn't.

Duke's Dear Freja, Looking Glass Knight (with Player summons in NG+), Skeleton Lords, Throne Watcher and Defender, the Gank Squad, the King's pets are while technically harder there's no way to cheese them other than playing offline against Looking Glass Knight. If being played legitimately without using the "Hugging" trick Gravelord Nito is easily harder than all of the DS2 bosses I mentioned.

DS1 has generally better designed bosses but I feel like DS2's were a lot more fun to fight and I experienced far fewer janky problems with them.

Mistel

Banned
Lock on is more of your issue than anything else really, other than the second half boss fights demon centipede, ceaseless discharge, and bed of chaos which i'm not even sure anyone likes. Nito is fairly easy with a divine weapon to kill of the three skeletons the only thing you've really got to worry about is the miasma and the grab rest is really easy to avoid.

ElTopo

Banned
Lock on is more of your issue than anything else really, other than the second half boss fights demon centipede, ceaseless discharge, and bed of chaos which i'm not even sure anyone likes. Nito is fairly easy with a divine weapon to kill of the three skeletons the only thing you've really got to worry about is the miasma and the grab rest is really easy to avoid.

Yeah but my point was that DS2 didn't have that problem. I can only think of 2 times where I experienced that problem: The Giant Lord and Ancient Dragon. And the Giant Lord fight is not great because the area where you fight him is so small the camera is too close. When Ancient Dragon flies off and you're targeting him it's difficult to see where you're supposed to go but you can easily un-target and don't have to worry about another enemy catching you.

Also, I hate it in DS1 when you're targeting a boss and you move too far away and it un-targets. I can understand it happening when you fight Sif but against Ornstein and Smough? Really? And I'm not even at the exact opposite end of that room and I'm maybe half way across the room at the most.

I didn't even think about the Divine Weapons against the Skeletons so you got me there. The Miasma is fairly easy to avoid, it's just that homing attack.

PS: I cannot think of any environment in DS2 that I absolutely dreaded going to and really didn't want to go there. Closest I could think of was Brightstone Cove (And that's mainly due to getting to Ornifex) and most of the 2nd DLC.

There's quite a few environments in DS1 I don't think anyone really enjoys. Obviously there's Blighttown, but also Valley of Drakes (not a lot to really see and very annoying enemies to fight without really great loot to compensate), Catacombs/Undead Tombs, and Londo Ruins.

Mistel

Banned
The lock on system is not your ally though it's there to help you but it will come back to haunt you if you rely on it in DS. In 2 it's not got the same catch 22 due to the extended range it features which depending on your perspective is either an improvement or not.

ElTopo

Banned
The lock on system is not your ally though it's there to help you but it will come back to haunt you if you rely on it in DS. In 2 it's not got the same catch 22 due to the extended range it features which depending on your perspective is either an improvement or not.

But should the targeting system fuck you over like that? That's more of a game design philosophy question I guess.

Point being that DS2's targeting system worked out a lot better that is despite the constant moaning from people saying that there's too many mob enemies.

For the record: I played and beat Dark Souls 1 first.

Edit: so I do prefer DS2 more but at the same time I wish DS2 had moments like the Quelaag fight, the Ornstein and Smough encounter and seeing the Goddess, the Gwyndolin fight. Little big moments like that that are really hard to top. But I think DS2 with the added DLC equals it.

Gravelord Nito. Assume you did not know the trick in "Hugging" him and just keeping close and using a halberd kind of weapon. How the hell are expected to beat this dude? That homing attack is complete BS and you have to fight him in an enclosed space or you aggro Giant Skeletons. And the skeletons infinitely respawn until you kill him. AND you take fall damage when you jump in there. AND when you drop down sometimes he does that homing attack right away and sometimes he doesn't.
Divine weapons kill the skeletons. I'm pretty sure Andre tells you this with regards to the skeletons in the Catacombs. The homing attack, I think you mean the spell he does with the red dagger coming out of the ground (forgot the name) - the scream is an indicator of when to dodge it, admittedly the timing takes some getting used to, roll as the scream ends.

I'm not saying anything else re: DS1 vs DS2, lol.

Tarkus

Gravelord Nito. Assume you did not know the trick in "Hugging" him and just keeping close and using a halberd kind of weapon. How the hell are expected to beat this dude? That homing attack is complete BS and you have to fight him in an enclosed space or you aggro Giant Skeletons. And the skeletons infinitely respawn until you kill him. AND you take fall damage when you jump in there. AND when you drop down sometimes he does that homing attack right away and sometimes he does not
I've never had a problem with Nito using strength and dex builds. He was one of the easier bosses for me. Stay away from the back corner and two-hand a weapon with wide sweeping horizontal attacks so you can hit multiple skeletons in one swipe. Roll when he screams, rinse and repeat. Don't worry about Divine weapons.

I had camera issues several times in DS2 as well. I've also been pinned against the wall with no way to get away from at least 3 bosses. I don't remember this happening in DS1 except maybe Capra.

Yeah but my point was that DS2 didn't have that problem. I can only think of 2 times where I experienced that problem: The Giant Lord and Ancient Dragon. And the Giant Lord fight is not great because the area where you fight him is so small the camera is too close. When Ancient Dragon flies off and you're targeting him it's difficult to see where you're supposed to go but you can easily un-target and don't have to worry about another enemy catching you.

Also, I hate it in DS1 when you're targeting a boss and you move too far away and it un-targets. I can understand it happening when you fight Sif but against Ornstein and Smough? Really? And I'm not even at the exact opposite end of that room and I'm maybe half way across the room at the most.

I didn't even think about the Divine Weapons against the Skeletons so you got me there. The Miasma is fairly easy to avoid, it's just that homing attack.

PS: I cannot think of any environment in DS2 that I absolutely dreaded going to and really didn't want to go there. Closest I could think of was Brightstone Cove (And that's mainly due to getting to Ornifex) and most of the 2nd DLC.

There's quite a few environments in DS1 I don't think anyone really enjoys. Obviously there's Blighttown, but also Valley of Drakes (not a lot to really see and very annoying enemies to fight without really great loot to compensate), Catacombs/Undead Tombs, and Londo Ruins.

Thats the whole idea of DS1 with the enounters to be dont comfy for you compared to DS2 when you have a lot of room to move and less dangerous.

Also Melee dont need to use the lock on system after Capra Demon because the main use of the lock on system is for ranged or for repositioning..

Toby

I'm doing a dex build with +15 uchi. At SL 83, got dex and endurance to 40, vit 26. Just finishing up prep to go into NG+
What do I focus my stats on at this now? pumping vit seems the obvious route, but I've also considered putting more into pyromancy (mainly to get a good AOE spell like chaos storm in order to farm painting of ariamis)

Top Bottom