• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Zeliard

Bah, was getting summoned within a couple minutes with Quelaag earlier, joined the Warriors of Sunlight and now nothin'.

I feel like people just ignore the Sunlight summons since they appear similar to player messages. It was dumb to color them that way. The white summon signs stand out much more.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Made some nice progress today. Took out 4 major enemies, working out the controls for archery and being able to aim properly helped a lot. The big-ass knight at the top of the tower in the undead parish fucked my shit up, and some other big bastard with a huge club squashed me with one big slamdunk. Nice.

Tilian

Banned
Got a trade request: If anyone isn't using their
Gold Tracer
, could I have it? Want to do a dual wielding thing but I don't really want to have to go all the way through NG+ to get two.

I'm SL63, if anyone is willing to trade or give me one let me know. If you want a trade let me know what you need and I'll see if I can get it.

You can have mine, but I'm only sl45. Not sure if we can connect?

Psy-Phi

Anyone have advice on getting multiplayer to work? I've tried everything, and still get non-stop summoning failed messages (although seems like I can get invaded and summoned by others no problem).

I've tried being in the DMZ on my router / disable windows fire-wall, GFWL is saying NAT: Open, and still get failed after failed after failed message.

I've also tried connecting directly to my modem and not going through a router and still have issues.

I also noticed that my DSL Modem has a DMZ setting - so tried using that also, no luck either... the summon failed issues are spoiling an otherwise awesome gaming experience.

If your NAT is Open and uPnP is enabled, and in use, there's nothing more you can do. Mine read that way already, but I went ahead and added all of the GFWL ports to both Windows Firewall and my Router and still have issues. I'm convinced it's on the end of the people I'm summoning. I get invaded, in the forest, back to back to back. I can summon like 1 out of 10 signs I see at best. If I drop my sign, I get summoned most of the time.

But, last night a buddy and I were playing together just fine, coordinating over Ventrilo about where to drop signs in Anor Londo and the Forest near Sif. When we tried to do it in New Londo and Painted World of Aramis we were no longer able to, nothing we changed, he just couldn't see my sign and I couldn't see his. We also couldn't see any notes on the ground. But we could get summoned to other peoples worlds.

Likely there are some weird server issues and we got desynchronized when traveling to these other two place. A log or console would make this a lot better to deal with. As it is now we can only guess whats happening.

Taruranto

What the hell is this?

6zTNo.jpg

Why does this bar appear everytime i'm in this area, near the bonfire? :/

2AdEPT

I imagine that you know that they only drop slabs if you haven't killed the area boss. I got one from them in my first/only run.
Confirmed link??? sounds fishy to me.
I do it a bit differently.

I go from the Bonfire that's located between the Valley of Drakes and Darkroot Basin.

Go down elevator, run past the drakes dodging the lightning and then wipe out all the dark wraiths and homeward bone back. I find the run there quicker this way.
^^^^^^this is Much quicker/better as they are easier to sneak up on from that direction...the negative is that the drakes are sometimes assess and follow you into the gate while you are still dealing with a wraith....I still do this one every time though, and if I don't feel like wasting a bone I just run back....much much shorter.

Crud, I don't believe so. I'm SL65 now, and I think it's a 10 level discrepancy.

Maybe if I'm a Sunbro I can do it, I'll see if I can join that covenant.

yeah its not exactly + or - 10 levels...especially higher SL's, and some covenants affect invading range but unsure of co-op...you could always try invading with darkmoon vs. a guilty in a real rare spot like lOst izalith where the two of you might be the only two around!!!!

derwalde

someone in for cooping the new content? im in human form right in front of the guardian. my white sign is down aswell (DerWalde; SL 76).

Tilian

Banned
Are you playing right now, Tilian? We can try and make the trade if you want, tell me an area where you can still summon.

Yeah I'm at artorias place in the dlc. First bonfire before the township

Edit wait I can't summon here. Hold on.,,

Can you warp to Tomb of the Giants? That bonfire near where you get kicked off.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
HOLY SHIT

I was helping a guy with Manus when

Sif was summoned. I don't know how it can be summoned but this is crazy.

http://i.minus.com/jbjvyok9EvxwZU.jpg

You need to
open the illusory wall that Alvina shows you the first time you go through the Chasm of the Abyss. It's just to your left after coming down the shortcut elevator in the forest near Marvelous Chester. You rescue Sif in there and get a shield, then his summon sign is in Manus' chamber.

You need to
open the illusory wall that Alvina shows you the first time you go through the Chasm of the Abyss. It's just to your left after coming down the shortcut elevator in the forest near Marvelous Chester. You rescue Sif in there and get a shield, then his summon sign is in Manus' chamber.

Great!

OK, now that the fix is out, I'm downloading this now (after cancelling my preorder). As I'm checking the download status, I notice a previously downloaded Trine 2, ready to play. I don't remember buying Trine 2, but I do know that I've wanted to play it for a while. I've had it for over a month. Don't drink and internet, folks!

Grief.exe

So my pyromancy glove just broke when I hit that centipede trap next to the chest in Demons Ruins.

Can I fix it? Or is it completely broken?

Finalow

so I think I'm at the last boss of the dlc,
Manus (lol) right? But where do you fight the dragon, don't tell me that you don't fight him. hope that I missed something 'cause I only saw him once in the Royal Woods on a bridge.

also dunno why but in the londo ruins I can't play online, only there. I went there 5 times and nothing, not a sign or an invasion for like 15 mins. is now that supposed to be an "offline" area or something? Just what the fuck.

Zeliard

Did they increase twinkling titanite drop rates for the clams in Ash Lake?

I'm getting them to drop almost every time; my item discovery is maxed @ 410 but I don't remember them being this common.

Leezard

Manus (lol) right? But where do you fight the dragon, don't tell me that you don't fight him. hope that I missed something 'cause I only saw him once in the Royal Woods on a bridge.

also dunno why but in the londo ruins I can't play online, only there. I went there 5 times and nothing, not a sign or an invasion for like 15 mins. is now that supposed to be an "offline" area or something? Just what the fuck.

You cannot invade/summon etc until after you pass a certain event in the new londo ruins.

arit

Going out of the arena directed toward the bridge in front of the vendor, turn right and there will be a small path leading down into the valley,
then after a confrontation with the dragon you have to talk to Gough to be able to fight him.

Finalow

You cannot invade/summon etc until after you pass a certain event in the new londo ruins.
wut, what event?

Going out of the arena directed toward the bridge in front of the vendor, turn right and there will be a small path leading down into the valley,
then after a confrontation with the dragon you have to talk to Gough to be able to fight him.
ok, thanks. another thing, what's in the locked door at the arena and where is the key?

Zeliard

Uh, don't you have a version for dummies too?

You can see what each upgrade type does here:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Upgrades

Most weapon upgrades scale with certain stats, some more minimally and others to a greater extent.

Other types like lightning and fire remove stat scaling entirely but have high base power and good elemental damage, so they're powerful at lower levels. All depends on your build and what you want to do, and how high you have or will level to. Upgrades branch off at +5 or +10.

IoCaster

This game is just nuts. Anyway, I've made some progress and managed to kill the armored boar, found a blacksmith and got gangbanged by three d-bags in some kind of dark forest. I'm getting used to the, one step forward five steps back, game mechanic now. The straight up combat stuff (thrust, parry, riposte, block, etc,.) is solid, but the rest is kinda cheap and gimmicky, plus it detracts a bit from the experience. Regardless, I'm having fun and with the help of a summoned Solaire, I rang a bell. I'm feeling pretty good about things at the moment. :)

Top Bottom