• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Emitan

"Important Things" I Have Done
Defeated the Gargoyles, got the tail axe and rang the first bell
Got the Drake Sword
Got the Basement Key (?)
Increased my Estus Flasks to +1
Became a Sun Sis but I unlocked some new covenant or something (White something?)
Some knight in gold armor was recused and he gave me some item that doesn't seem to do anything

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm, I have many places unlocked but no idea where to go: Sen's Fortress, fighting
the Wolf (doesn't seem that hard but the trip there is really long) and the Hydra (this one just kills me why I'm going down a ladder)
in Darkroot Garden and finding out what the basement key does in Undead Burg.

Where to, where to?

Hmm, I have many places unlocked but no idea where to go: Sen's Fortress, fighting
the Wolf (doesn't seem that hard but the trip there is really long) and the Hydra (this one just kills me why I'm going down a ladder)
in Darkroot Garden and finding out what the basement key does in Undead Burg.

Where to, where to?

do you know about the secret bonfire in the forest?

zkylon

zkylewd
do you know about the secret bonfire in the forest?
The one next to the first crest door? Yeah, actually now that I think about it, it's not that far away, and I only have to kill three, maybe even only two of the semi-transparent dudes...

Find out which door the basement key opens.

Hint:
remember where you met Solaire?
I have the feeling I already opened that one. Isn't that the one that leads to the Capra Demon? I feel like I'm gonna start drawing a map or something...

zkylon

zkylewd
The basement key you get after you defeat
the Moonlight Butterfly
? That just opens up a shortcut that connects Darkroot Basin to the Undead Burg.
Oh, alright. That boss was ridiculously easy for me for some reason. I went there after ringing the second bell tower and I beat it on my first try.

Got the Drake Sword
Got the Basement Key (?)
Became a Sun Sis but I unlocked some new covenant or something (White something?)
Some knight in gold armor was recused and he gave me some item that doesn't seem to do anything
The
basement key
can be used
next to the bridge with the red drake in the undead burg next to where you meet solar. It leads to the lower undead burg.
Hope that helped :3

UrbanRats

Got the Drake Sword
Got the Basement Key (?)

Time for (spoiler on next boss)
the Capra, prepare to suffer

I am taking it very slowly, don't the drive i had on ps3, so i play every now and then.
Doing
Sen's Fortress
now, almost done with it.
Can't wait to get to
Anor Londo
, so i can get to the new stuff.

it's awesome how all the little choices make such a big difference. playing a magic character is like a whole other game. my latest sorc-based build just worked absolutely everything up to the capra demon without a problem but has hit a slight wall at that bastard.

on my pyro-ninja I just skipped straight over him with the master key then came back and destroyed him for the depths key after ringing both bells so I could get the ember.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Snakes better watch their asses

when I'm around, no snake's ass is safe. they're my favourite dudes to butt-stab, with the fatties in blighttown coming in a very close second.

edit:

The fat guy's in Blighttown are probably the most satisfying butt stabs in the game, especially the one's who throw rocks.

HIGH FIVE

WHAT THE FUCCCCCK

It's hard to quickly run back because of all the enemies in the way :T

I can almost make it but that last pack of dogs gets in the way.

Throw a homeward bone, it distracts them

Welcome to Dark Souls.

Seriously, though with Capra, get up the stairs any way possible, kill the dogs, then go after the demon

it's hard to decide what's more annoying about the capra demon; the adds or the run back.

Black Knights and Havel The Rock are generally my favorite buttstabbing victims, but i agree on the snakes.

ah how could I forget those big black asses. they're also one of the first legit butt-stabs in the game.

Ridley327

I can't. I tried that.

As crazy as it sounds, you're better off running than rolling. Just make sure to go to his right than the left; the timing is such that his swing will miss you entirely, and it's safer from the dogs than going the other way. Running with a shield with high physical reduction stat (you should have one that's at least 90, if not more) is also recommended if you're that worried about the dogs.

Also helpful:
He's weak to fire, and those firebombs you pick up tend to have a pretty decent blast radius...

I can't. I tried that.

This took me a big chunk of yesterday afternoon. So many deaths where the dogs cornered me and Capra chopped me up. But I managed to get past them by zigzagging and only rolling to get past Capra or just before a dog landed from their pounce.

In the end all that dying turned out for the best since each time I would run back in there and retrieve my soul just before dying, by the time I finished it I had about 12,000 souls mostly from killing the guys on the way there (I was coming from firelink shrine).

Whatever you do, don't get angry and quit.
Just keep trying to get up those stairs and walk across, and then remember to block/quickly take out the dogs when you're up there

Taruranto

God, pursuers are so broken.

How much until they nerf them?

I went to Blighttown, entered the secret room leading to The Great Hollow, then descended all the way to Ash Lake. I'vemadeahugemistake.gif

Can you explain this? I don't know if I explored everything in Blighttown, I just killed the boss then went to Demon Ruins, killed a boss there too, then found a door I don't have the key yet went back and entered the secret room as explained above. Btw, I'm cursed :/ don't know what to do in this case

Fuu

Happened to me too, you can do it! Just run, run as fast as you can to the bonfire in Blighttown.

Emitan

Beat him by blocking his first attacks killing that dog then running up the stairs and fighitng the other dog and repeatably jumping on top of Capra

So... where do I use this key?

Taruranto

Beat him by blocking his first attacks killing that dog then running up the stairs and fighitng the other dog and repeatably jumping on top of Capra

Just out of the room where you fought him there is a set of stairs, follow them.

joe2187

Banned

The entrance to the capra demon area, make an immediate left and continue down the stairs,

thinking I'll do this with my sorc. if I grind some souls I can get a shield enchant that could make tanking and spanking a little more viable.

Grief.exe

Need to grind like 35000 souls so I can get absolution from Oswald.

Accidently struck my boy Siegmeyer during that fight in Lost Izalith.

EDIT: Gotta do it real quick while my gf gets ready...I'll probably have enough time to beat the game....and NG+

SL85 and so far I've been having an easier time getting summoned here than anywhere else.

Edit: it also helps that I got summoned into the same guys game like 4 times until he beat him lol

Sullichin

SL85 and so far I've been having an easier time getting summoned here than anywhere else.

I wasn't having much luck getting summoned in NG but now i'm 85 in NG+, maybe more of the people doing the new areas are closer to that level.

I steamrolled through the lord souls I had left with the new sorcery. They're seriously strong. But still took out Gwyn with good old parry/riposte.

Grief.exe

If you are in NG+, but are fairly low level can you still be summoned to help people that aren't in NG+?

I mean if you stay low enough can you help people who may have just started the game?

Taruranto

I honestly don't see how I can ever beat Kalameet. That fight is absolutely fucked.

Kalameet was very easy for me (i even tanked him, and i'm a mage lol), same with
Manus.
The hardest boss of the DLC was the second one imo, almost impossible without a party. The first one was hard because he's kinda out of nowhere.

I wonder what's down here in the depths...

NOPENOPENOPE

Oh believe me, you have seen nothing...

Top Bottom