• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Ridley327

Well, the
Demon Ruins
sure goes out of its way to bring back a lot of painful memories of earlier adventures. That poor first boss, though; so easily defeated.

I found a shortcut to Lost Izaliath by another fog door, and I killed some bugs, with one of them dropping a helm called the Sunlight Maggot. I take it that this is quite the handy item, yeah?

epmode

The lock on UI element randomly appearing in game. I've seen it in footage of the PS3 version too.
Not true. That icon will appear in your game if someone casts a miracle in their game. Your own miracles will actually be buffed if you cast one in the same area.

There are no rules. Taking advantage of terrain/monsters/etc ads a lot of depth and it's extremely appealing to me. If scrubs want to get mad about it then there's an arena they can go to now that eliminates some of those things.

Yep, no rules on invasions.

Which is exactly why I feel absolutely no guilt about using the cheapest, grimiest, most asshole methods imaginable to screw invaders who come into MY fucking world and try to kill me. Tranquil Walk of Peace spam, backstabs from summoned players while you try and attack me, summoning three people and triple teaming you, 1-2 hit kills with OP weapons you shouldn't have at the time like Gravelord Sword, backstabbing you while you're still spawning in the "Dark spirit Toolbag Ganker has invaded" phase, all of it.

And then the ganking douchebags wanna cry and send ragemail when you do it. And it's like "Fuck you invader, you came into my world while I was minding my own business and tried to kill me." They deserve no sympathy and no honorable fights. Kill their asses and continue on your way.

Ridley327

Oh yeah, before quitting for the night, I noticed a new kind of summon sign that was related to the Path of the Dragon. Is that some kind of special invasion covenant?

NBtoaster

Oh yeah, before quitting for the night, I noticed a new kind of summon sign that was related to the Path of the Dragon. Is that some kind of special invasion covenant?

Yes, it's an invitation to a duel, the winner will get a dragon scale.

I found a shortcut to Lost Izaliath by another fog door, and I killed some bugs, with one of them dropping a helm called the Sunlight Maggot. I take it that this is quite the handy item, yeah?

Extremely, for the tomb of the giants. If Solaire is alive you also saved his life, he would have been taken over by the helm and attacked you, if you had gone the other way around

Tilian

Banned

Yep, I'm a member. You compete for
dragon scales
but it never works since I think there's too few members and you have to 1) spot the summon sign and 2) invite them into your game.

Does anybody know a hotspot?

Being able to write shit on the ground for other players is the best. Every time I go to the blacksmith, who is a muscle-y and shirtless man, someone has written 'amazing chest' on the ground in front of him.

Ridley327

Extremely, for the tomb of the giants. If Solaire is alive you also saved his life, he would have been taken over by the helm and attacked you, if you had gone the other way around

:O

I just saved myself from doing the hardest thing in the game! LONG LIVE SOLAIRE!!!

Being able to write shit on the ground for other players is the best. Every time I go to the blacksmith, who is a muscle-y and shirtless man, someone has written 'amazing chest' on the ground in front of him.

When you get to Anor Londo, you will see A LOT of "Gorgeous View" and "Amazing Chest ahead" messages for much more endowed npc

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Thinking of maybe starting a new playthrough with either an INT build or DEX build. Which do you enjoy the most?

I'm loving the hell out of my DEX build so far. As janky as archery can be it's still pretty fun picking off enemies from a relatively safe distance and the DEX scaling weapons have some unique moves beyond the standard slash and stab. After running with a knight build for awhile it's also refreshing as hell to put on light armor and actually be able to roll and dodge effectively.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Yep, no rules on invasions.

Which is exactly why I feel absolutely no guilt about using the cheapest, grimiest, most asshole methods imaginable to screw invaders who come into MY fucking world and try to kill me. Tranquil Walk of Peace spam, backstabs from summoned players while you try and attack me, summoning three people and triple teaming you, 1-2 hit kills with OP weapons you shouldn't have at the time like Gravelord Sword, all of it.

And then the ganking douchebags wanna cry and send ragemail when you do it. And it's like "Fuck you invader, you came into my world while I was minding my own business and tried to kill me." They deserve no sympathy and no honorable fights. Kill their asses and continue on your way.

Word.

Razek

Banned
So, why does everyone leave the message "praise the sun!" around? Is it just kind of a meta joke or is there actually a purpose?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I understand Dex might be the way to go. Could a Dex build be combined with Sorcery/INT? Probably not pump as many points in VIT and END as during my initial run, but that wouldn't really be necessary anyway, since I've already completed the game twice now.
I'd recommend DEX for PvE and STR for PvP

With only a few exceptions, dex weapons are mostly garbage in pvp, but they are quite fun to use for pve runs through the game.

rizz

Neo Member
I was thinking of going for a DEX build, but I'm at Undead Parish and so far I haven't found any weapon that complements DEX. But I have the awesome zweihander. So I'm torn on whether to work on my strength so that I can properly use the sword, or should I work on my DEX and wait for a decent DEX related weapons ahead.

Razek

Banned
Everyone should just use Zwienhander with the heavy attack. The stagger effect is just so godly and makes every encounter trivial.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Everyone should just use Zwienhander with the heavy attack. The stagger effect is just so godly and makes every encounter trivial.

On NG+ Zweihander's speed is getting me owned, mine's Lightning +5 though so the upped enemy defense means it's not longer the reliable 1 shotter that it used to be.

BKGA +5 on the other hand, kicks as much ass as ever. I'm having too much fun running around 2H with grass shield on my back.

derFeef

Do you ever get some form of teleportation spell that let's you warp back to specific bonfires and not just your last one? I guess not but it would have been nice ;) I remember the lady in Lordan that can boost your Flask or something, might be worth checking out.

This game haunts my dreams, so good.

Do you ever get some form of teleportation spell that let's you warp back to specific bonfires and not just your last one? I guess not but it would have been nice ;) I remember the lady in Lordan that can boost your Flask or something, might be worth checking out.

This game haunts my dreams, so good.
You get the ability to warp between certain bonfires about halfway through the game (depending what order you do things).
After defeating the bosses of Anor Londo

Smash88

Banned
I am this close from breaking my motherfucking controller, THIS CLOSE! FUCK THIS GAME!

I knew I shouldn't of bought this, damn GMG sale.

I'm going to bed.

gotoadgo

I am this close from breaking my motherfucking controller, THIS CLOSE! FUCK THIS GAME!

I'm going to bed.

You'd be surprised how putting the game away will help you progress. You'll come back level headed and normally breeze through whatever it was that was giving you trouble.

Rich!

I'm going to bed.

What you need to understand is that it is your own fault. Seriously...and that's why its so rewarding. It pushes you as a gamer far beyond what you think is possible of yourself.

If you die, you need to improve in some way. Strategy, gear, memorization, etc. Its always something that YOU can influence and overcome, if you wish. Its never unfair. And when you do finally overcome a difficult section, you feel like you're the top of the world, because your hard effort paid off big time.

I love it.

Fistwell

What you need to understand is that it is your own fault. Seriously...
Well, except for random bursts of input lag (not as prevalent as on ps3 but still there), shoddy hit detection, sloppy jumping mechanics, camera flipping the fuck out in tight areas, etc.
But yeah, most of the time, it actually is your own damn fault. Well... yours and that of level designers'...

Top Bottom