• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

edgefusion

Is there anything to grab for someone who prefers light armour? Right now I'm using some upgraded Hard Leather that I got somewhere early on but I'd like something a bit more special looking.

Zzoram

Is there anything to grab for someone who prefers light armour? Right now I'm using some upgraded Hard Leather that I got somewhere early on but I'd like something a bit more special looking.

2fae5644f59c3608.jpg

Light armor - Xanthous set

Why the hell would you put a summon sign at Four Kings and not put on the Abysswalker ring. Summoned three dudes and every single one of them died.

I'm starting to love wearing really light armour coupled with an ultra greatsword. It works really well because you can two hand the sword and dodge quickly.

100% physical block shield can handle pinwheels, run quickly and you beat the archers

yeah I've got the spider shield which is 100% physical, the real problem is that they have insanely large aggro radii so I keep walking into a room and getting pincered between a couple of them. so far I've made it to the ledge with the archers but as soon as the first one puts down his bow and pulls out the sword I get worked. my character is a caster so toe-to-toe isn't really viable, and trying to butt-stab up there just leads me right off the edge.

that said it's nice that I've finally hit something challenging on this character, everything was pretty easy so far. also joined the blade of the darkmoon at last =D

mxgt

Banned
Awesome, really intense dodge around 4:38 through the flames with barely any stamina.

How are you recording? I get such bad results with FRAPS. If you use that, did you have to do anything special?

lol yeah, I thought I was toast when I lost all my stamina and he started the breath.

I use fraps but it's pretty hit or miss. Recording at 1080p was a constant 15fps during artorias so I had to use half size.

With this fight it's 30 most of the time but drops to 15 in some areas, pretty frustrating. Don't really want to lower the res even further seeing as I play at 1440p native.

mxgt

Banned
I gave up on Darkmoon after 0 successful invasion attempts over a period of 2-3 days. Tried in Anor Londo and at the Kiln. It's annoying.

Leezard

Going to blightown now! Having a god damn hard time with the fat ones in the beginning.

SL 28 Pyro with drake sword and spider shield!

A tip for killing/cheesing the fat ones:
You can just let them notice you, and then climb back up the ladder. You can trick them into running off the track, falling into the abyss.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Look for orange text on one of the rooftops that are blackened from being set on fire. They will point out where you should go for the bonfire.

Because the stated purpose of the covenant is to go after Darkwraiths and douchelord Darkwraith wannabes? Not popping up in games where the player has 0 sins and is already fighting herds of walking trees?

oh. haven't had this happen yet, but I'll be doing a few more invasion attempts tonight so maybe I'll run into that. if I invade someone wearing starting gear I'll just kill mobs for them then.

edit: love that bonfire, I always leave a cryptic message like "try death" on the edge.

Finalow

you don't need the last bonfire in sen's fortress, just find the key and unlock the cage.
it's pretty hard at first but after you learn where to go it's a really easy dungeon.

I've been a Sunbro since early levels, if I chose to join another covenant, do I lose my red summon sign?

Gvaz

Banned
you don't need the last bonfire in sen's fortress, just find the key and unlock the cage.
it's pretty hard at first but after you learn where to go it's a really easy dungeon.
The traps are too time consuming and frustrating. At least you never have to go back.

2AdEPT

I've been a Sunbro since early levels, if I chose to join another covenant, do I lose my red summon sign?

yes...but you retain half of your previous offerings to the sun god if you switch out then decide to switch back....once you get the 2nd tier
spear
there is not much to do in Sunbro anyway though...might as well switch to Darkmoon at that point, or if you don't like that covenant kill its leader and get
sunlight buff
then continue being a sunbro ...just because!.

You guys got me to start a new character(360 version) even after 140 hours/all achievements on my original character. I swear whenever I see this game get discussed or see pics I just want to play it. Started a Thief class this time instead. Feels good man

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Those ones at the top are unlockable?

OH MOTHER FU...

:mad:

*sob*

I guess the plus side is I got pretty damned good at making my way up and down that area.

Top Bottom