• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

IoCaster

Break time. This Sen's Fortress is messing me up. I'm having a hell of a time getting past those swinging blades and being sent back to the bonfire to start over sucks. I finally got past a couple of them and then got smashed by a big boulder. I'm kind of lost in here. There's traps all over this place and a treasure chest tried to eat me. WTF?! So yeah, it's time for a break.

Haunted

3mlnX.jpg
And here I was thinking you couldn't improve on the game's art style.

PS3 here. I was at the lower Blighttown bonfire putting summon signs to help people out. Managed to defeat the boss once, the other times I was summoned to a player dressed like Yurt from DeS. After greeting him, I was OHKO from behind by a dark phantom. Then both the host and the phantom started making fun of me while the screen faded. This happened THREE TIMES.
Is this kind of trap common? It made me give up on helping people defeat the boss :(

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
PS3 here. I was at the lower Blighttown bonfire putting summon signs to help people out. Managed to defeat the boss once, the other times I was summoned to a player dressed like Yurt from DeS. After greeting him, I was OHKO from behind by a dark phantom. Then both the host and the phantom started making fun of me while the screen faded. This happened THREE TIMES.
Is this kind of trap common? It made me give up on helping people defeat the boss :(

Love the game to death but it seems to attract the biggest pricks I've ever encountered in gaming.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
It'd be nice if they did do something about it. I'd totally roll Moonbro if they only invaded the douchebag Darkwraiths. I don't wanna kill players who accidentally killed an NPC or something, I wanna kill asshole gankers.

Well hell who needs Darkwraiths when the Darkmoon guys can not only invade across a massive range of SLs but can apparently invade you regardless of whether or not you've committed any sins?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
All my summons are failing and I'm not sure why. I can load up Dark Souls on my PS3 and have it work just fine so I'm fairly certain it isn't my network.

Any ideas?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
All my summons are failing and I'm not sure why. I can load up Dark Souls on my PS3 and have it work just fine so I'm fairly certain it isn't my network.

Any ideas?

I'd say I have about a 1 out of 10 success ratio with summoning phantoms. I think it's just shitty, it's probably not your internet.

krakov

Well hell who needs Darkwraiths when the Darkmoon guys can not only invade across a massive range of SLs but can apparently invade you regardless of whether or not you've committed any sins?

In the console version its close to impossible to invade with the blue stone (moonbro) while the red stone will find a target in seconds.

Sullichin

It'd be nice if they did do something about it. I'd totally roll Moonbro if they only invaded the douchebag Darkwraiths. I don't wanna kill players who accidentally killed an NPC or something, I wanna kill asshole gankers.

darkwraiths aren't the ones ganking, it's usually hosts and white phantoms.

If anyone wants help against the Four Kings I am gonna put my sign near the well before the fight.

I am SL79 and ID will appear as ColossalLazy.

Sarcasm

Gaping dragon is such a boring fight lol...also how to make the god damn camera better? The camera control sucks. At least MH had the claw lol.

But yeah I died to the camera wanting to move (since I was trying for tail which I never hit because the god damn camera would pan - it kinda like tunnel vision feel like I am sitting too close to a tv screen or something).

Also I do like no damage to him...100 at most. Think I am gonna take a break since this is between me and some key..its a bit boring.

**I am using the right stick to control it just feels like I am wading through molasses or something..its clunky and slow.

so has anyone met the undead whose sole purpose is to fuck up one of your shortcuts in the burg? also, i think i would enjoy it if we get to a point where we can edit enemies in the game.

i want to play a version where there are wheel skeletons in every room, just for fun.

Yeeeaaahhh finally killed four kings on NG+! Fuck me that fight is so much harder than on NG. Because their hp is much higher, its much quicker to get overwhelmed. When I got the final blow in, all four kings were there.

Fucking intense!

the gaping-dragon fight is actually a little bit sad if you have decent ranged damage, especially with SunBro by your side. aside from the fact that it looks like a huge vagina with teeth, it has a habit of charging past you so you can easily stay to the side where you're totally safe from all of its attacks and pepper it with arrows or spells.

You're a good man, jim jam.

hey, karma's a bitch. so far I've only been insta-gibbed by an invader once in the 60+ hours I've played since release, makes me a little more forgiving than some.

Jintor

Break time. This Sen's Fortress is messing me up. I'm having a hell of a time getting past those swinging blades and being sent back to the bonfire to start over sucks. I finally got past a couple of them and then got smashed by a big boulder. I'm kind of lost in here. There's traps all over this place and a treasure chest tried to eat me. WTF?! So yeah, it's time for a break.

How awesome is this game eh

Sullichin

SL45. Don't think we can meet up? What SL do I need to be, 50?
Yeah level up a bit, or you can try to invade me.

Gaping dragon is such a boring fight lol...also how to make the god damn camera better? The camera control sucks. At least MH had the claw lol.

But yeah I died to the camera wanting to move (since I was trying for tail which I never hit because the god damn camera would pan - it kinda like tunnel vision feel like I am sitting too close to a tv screen or something).

Also I do like no damage to him...100 at most. Think I am gonna take a break since this is between me and some key..its a bit boring.

**I am using the right stick to control it just feels like I am wading through molasses or something..its clunky and slow.
Turn off auto wall recovery

Jintor

It think I am near the gaping dragon, any tips? Anybody wanna try to help?

You want to get distance so he rears up and slams his face into the ground. He can't turn when he's belly-down so circle around him while he's moving and stab him in the sides a little after his legs stop flailing around. Oh, and cut off his tail.

Sarcasm

Thing is with this fight..its boring. Regardless its going to take forever if I am only doing 100 damage each hit. I never in the 8 minutes got to hit his tail...

I think I need a new weapon....

Thing is with this fight..its boring. Regardless its going to take forever if I am only doing 100 damage each hit. I never in the 8 minutes got to hit his tail...

I think I need a new weapon....

sounds like its time for some sort of upgrade. also, there's solaire and lautrec's signs around the stairs before the fight. be careful summoning them there tho. do it fast, its an area thats usually to the brim with griefers

Yeah level up a bit, or you can try to invade me.

Turn off auto wall recovery
PM me your Steam name?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqtN0sibaRc&feature=plcp

Jintor

sounds like its time for some sort of upgrade. also, there's solaire and lautrec's signs around the stairs before the fight. be careful summoning them there tho. do it fast, its an area thats usually to the brim with griefers

Don't even bother, they're too stupid to keep up with the dragon's attack patterns imho

Wow just had the most gratifying pvp fight in a loooong time. So i had just arrived in the painted world, and immediately got invaded. Now, this guy was smart, he was a dex build and realized I was a heavy hitter.

After almost getting me with wrath of the gods, he started using the enemies to distract me while trying to get a few jabs in. Trying to deal with both him and the regular enemies was madness (especially considering it was ng+). Every time I would clear an area, he would flee to a new spot with enemies. I even got a backstab in with him, but he used other enemies as cover to heal. FUCK!

Finally, after an intense half hour, he ran towards the bridge to try and get me to wake up the Undead Dragon. But i'm not that stupid, so I waited. We stood there for like 10 minutes just eyeballing each other, until finally he got overconfident and charged. One hit and a backstab later, and he was finally vanquished. I bowed, and it was over.

This game. This fucking game.

Wow just had the most gratifying pvp fight in a loooong time. So i had just arrived in the painted world, and immediately got invaded. Now, this guy was smart, he was a dex build and realized I was a heavy hitter.

After almost getting me with wrath of the gods, he started using the enemies to distract me while trying to get a few jabs in. Trying to deal with both him and the regular enemies was madness (especially considering it was ng+). Every time I would clear an area, he would flee to a new spot with enemies. I even got a backstab in with him, but he used other enemies as cover to heal. FUCK!

Finally, after an intense half hour, he ran towards the bridge to try and get me to wake up the Undead Dragon. But i'm not that stupid, so I waited. We stood there for like 10 minutes just eyeballing each other, until finally he got overconfident and charged. One hit and a backstab later, and he was finally vanquished. I bowed, and it was over.

This game. This fucking game.

Can't say I've had a satisfying invasion yet. Hackers and lagfest for me yay.

Sarcasm

So where can I get a weapon that will help me? I mean atm I am using drake sword..but 100 per hit with a 3x combo I can get up to like 220.

Sullichin

So where can I get a weapon that will help me? I mean atm I am using drake sword..but 100 per hit with a 3x combo I can get up to like 220.

This is why the drake sword sucks. By now you could have taken any weapon you like to +10 with the large ember you find early in the depths, and it will outclass the drake sword. The gaping dragon does have a lot of health though. Its head is a weak point, but if you get greedy, it will run you over and might kill you in one hit.

Sarcasm

This is why the drake sword sucks. By now you could have taken any weapon you like to +10 with the large ember you find early in the depths, and it will outclass the drake sword. The gaping dragon does have a lot of health though. Its head is a weak point, but if you get greedy, it will run you over and might kill you in one hit.

I have that large ember thingy. I never got a sword from a black knight but I did from a balder soldier dude. Where can I farm the ore?

Raxus

The order typically goes
drake sword->modded weapon of choice->Lightning Spear (Sen's Fortress)->weapon for your build. You can hold onto drake until you get the spear just fine but it will get to a point you will have to upgrade a weapon you like down a path that fits a build you are going for.

Which reminds me, I finally have all the weapon achievements. All that is left is the rare weapon achievement,
the final ending
and I will have finally 100% the game. Just 3 more bosses to go in my NG+ run.

Hypron

I reckon the best
is just to get as far away from him as possible, which will cause him to charge you. Then you just have to avoid him and hit him until he lifts his upper body back up and run away. Rince & repeat. It's probably one of the easiest bosses in the game

Probably going to pick this up pretty soon, any suggestions on a good starting class? I keep hearing wizard, which I was leaning towards anyway, because wizard. Any input guys?

Sarcasm

Probably going to pick this up pretty soon, any suggestions on a good starting class? I keep hearing wizard, which I was leaning towards anyway, because wizard. Any input guys?

Remember they aren't really classes just a starting soul level and gear. You build your character how you want it. Start a wizard but love melee? You can become a warrior rawr!

Top Bottom