• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Gvaz

Banned
You should be backstabbing the nekker things and backstabbing the giant things. They're so fucking slow just lock on and circle around them.

derwalde

So tempted to use that save editor, specially since finding Titanite chunk and Shards is so hard for me at my level.

But im guessing its for a reason, would I breaking the game's balance if I upgrade my claymore to +15 at Soul level 32?, im currently visiting blighttown for the first time and it takes me around 6 swings to kill the gorillas and 3 to kill the blighttown zombies with a Claymore +5.

short answer: yes. you would rob yourself your fun with the game.

You should be backstabbing the nekker things and backstabbing the giant things. They're so fucking slow just lock on and circle around them.

Yeah I have been doing that actually but it gets really difficult when a group of them notice me.

On the same note, what the hell at those flies in Blightown, going through the geometry, really hate that.

Gvaz

Banned
Yeah I have been doing that actually but it gets really difficult when a group of them notice me.

On the same note, what the hell at those flies in Blightown, going through the geometry, really hate that.
Rule 1:

Attack everything one on one if possible.

jns

He'll
invade early in Oolacile township
. If that already happened for you or you don't care (maybe it'd still happen?), then feel free to off him. Humanity was brought up, but the end of the DLC has possibly the best grinding spot for humanity in the whole game so who cares?
Thanks. He never invaded me even though I'm in human form. I'll leave him for a day or so then put him down. Thanks for the info

Eusis

Thanks. He never invaded me even though I'm in human form. I'll leave him for a day or so then put him down. Thanks for the info
Another note: offing him is the only way to get his clothes, so if you want those you probably don't want to kick him into a bottomless pit or anything, though that'd probably require going out of your way for.

Sarcasm

Finally a glorious moment for me!

i5BvnjFdLlktc.png

So tempted to use that save editor, specially since finding Titanite chunk and Shards is so hard for me at my level.

But im guessing its for a reason, would I breaking the game's balance if I upgrade my claymore to +15 at Soul level 32?, im currently visiting blighttown for the first time and it takes me around 6 swings to kill the gorillas and 3 to kill the blighttown zombies with a Claymore +5.

kind of tempted to use one myself, just to create a carbon copy of my pyromancer from the ps3 version. spent a long time farming the guys in the forest covenant area making them fall off the cliff

not going to do it but i would love to just copy over that character and play around with it some more

kind of tempted to use one myself, just to create a carbon copy of my pyromancer from the ps3 version. spent a long time farming the guys in the forest covenant area making them fall off the cliff

not going to do it but i would love to just copy over that character and play around with it some more

If you already experienced the game in PS3 then I dont see why not, as long as you dont invade people and own them haha.

For me, this is the first time playing Dark Souls so I better not, even though im a bit mad that I spent like 20 minutes farming the slimes in the Depths and got 0 shards out of them, so tempted to just give myself one shard for that.

But with this kind of things, once you start using it, you lose control.

Gvaz

Banned
The save editor seems to be buggy. I change something and the game goes FAILED TO LOAD but If I change some of the values in running memory, it works fine?

It is a mystery.

King Boo

i hate the sewers so much. especially the boss. i put down my sign to help someone so i can see who the boss is, and it's attacks.
it was called gaping dragon
and i've been using my rapier on it for pitiful damage. i was slain eventually.

i put on my ring of sacrifice, found one person to summon, and solaire. together we went in, and only me and the other human player survived. :'( rest in peace solaire. i didn't even know you can summon the man. now he's dead. i got lost in the sewers, and i don't know where the bonfire is, so after the boss died, i kept going, hoping there's a bonfire.

but nope, there's
blight town
. the journey through the sewers, and the boss fight has left me with no flasks, and each of those fat creatures and skinny creatures felt like a miniboss. and there was a punk shooting darts at me i think. i couldn't find the bonfire, i died. i didn't know the skinny ones could grab you, and i had like 50 hp the whole time. but i took down a good bunch of them, and found some items.

now i have 40k souls and no idea how to spend it. i'm level 23 now.

oh and funny thing about the ring. i found it near the fire link shrine. i saw a blue ghost person roll on to the ledge. except he failed and died. but i wanted to see why he would risk his life for, so i did it and found the ring. i wish we can see the names of these ghosts.

Razek

Banned

Actually, it could be useful if you wanted to give yourself a bunch of those one use invading items so you don't have to spend forever preparing a character for low level invasions (not to troll or be a jerk doing it of course). I wanted to have some fun with lower level players but getting to the proper invasion covenant was going to take forever and I got bored prepping for it.

That's all I can think of it being used for that wouldn't totally ruin the game though.

i hate the sewers so much. especially the boss. i put down my sign to help someone so i can see who the boss is, and it's attacks.
it was called gaping dragon
and i've been using my rapier on it for pitiful damage. i was slain eventually.

i put on my ring of sacrifice, found one person to summon, and solaire. together we went in, and only me and the other human player survived. :'( rest in peace solaire. i didn't even know you can summon the man. now he's dead. i got lost in the sewers, and i don't know where the bonfire is, so after the boss died, i kept going, hoping there's a bonfire.

but nope, there's
blight town
. the journey through the sewers, and the boss fight has left me with no flasks, and each of those fat creatures and skinny creatures felt like a miniboss. and there was a punk shooting darts at me i think. i couldn't find the bonfire, i died. i didn't know the skinny ones could grab you, and i had like 50 hp the whole time. but i took down a good bunch of them, and found some items.

now i have 40k souls and no idea how to spend it. i'm level 23 now.

oh and funny thing about the ring. i found it near the fire link shrine. i saw a blue ghost person roll on to the ledge. except he failed and died. but i wanted to see why he would risk his life for, so i did it and found the ring. i wish we can see the names of these ghosts.

There is actually a bonfire really close to the boss room, if you go back a little, here is a map if you wish to know where:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7334/depths.gif

So much trial and error gameplay in Sen's Fortress. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I found that new bonfire. That's the kind of level that'll make me think twice about doing a NG+ run. I don't mind getting killed, but getting teleported back to the previous bonfire and having to redo those swinging blades after every misstep was painful. I summoned Iron Tarkus for the boss and between the two of us we murdered that Golem. Then I nearly shit myself when those flying gremlins or whatever they were swooped down on me. I didn't know what the hell was going on. In any case, it's done and now I've got this awesome looking city to explore. This game is amazing.

There is a shortcut (hanging cages) to go from the boss in Sen's Fortress to the bonfire in Undead Parish really quick. I was pretty happy to find that shortcut.

nyong

Banned
Just out of curiosity, is anyone with a 555 able to get this thing playable using the resolution mod set to 1900 1200? I get like 10 FPS...completely unplayable.

Ridley327

Whoever StabbyMcFaceStab is, they aren't very good at finding me in the Darkroot Forest. But considering how badly I kicked his ass the first time, it's probably for the best that he does not pursue me.

My Fire Halbred +10 is pretty versatile.

Now I'm
warping all over the damn place, hells yeah. Makes everything feel so small :< Glad they saved quick travel for late game, it removes a lot of the feeling of the game.

I think they added a lot more warp points for the PC version. In the original game there were less warp points to use so you still had to truck it some to get to most places. Still, though, finally unlocking warping after all the foot travel is a gratifying experience.

Ridley327

I think they added a lot more warp points for the PC version. In the original game there were less warp points to use so you still had to truck it some to get to most places. Still, though, finally unlocking warping after all the foot travel is a gratifying experience.

And it's not like you can warp to any bonfire; some of the bonfires you can warp to are worthless, really, like the Altar of the Gravelord.

Sullichin

And it's not like you can warp to any bonfire; some of the bonfires you can warp to are worthless, really, like the Altar of the Gravelord.

Actually, if you
re-activate the sarcophagus in the catacombs that brings you to that room, it will be in the altar of the gravelord room when you go there, allowing you to get back to the catacombs. I think it resets after a while though. Still not so useful. But now you can warp to Dukes, Depths, Tomb of Giants. Very welcome change.

Sullichin

What is this glitch? I am curious.

In the console version, you can kill ingward and get the key to the seal, so you can drain new londo without ever getting the lordvessel. In the PC version, he won't drop the key if you kill him, preventing you from progressing in the game.

Sarcasm

In the console version, you can kill ingward and get the key to the seal, so you can drain new londo without ever getting the lordvessel. In the PC version, he won't drop the key if you kill him, preventing you from progressing in the game.

So the not dropping is the glitch or the getting the key the glitch?

Ridley327

Actually, if you
re-activate the sarcophagus in the catacombs that brings you to that room, it will be in the altar of the gravelord room when you go there, allowing you to get back to the catacombs. I think it resets after a while though. Still not so useful. But now you can warp to Dukes, Depths, Tomb of Giants. Very welcome change.

They really didn't have warps to the Depths or the Tomb of Giants? Sheesh, that must've been misery.

jns

Actually, it could be useful if you wanted to give yourself a bunch of those one use invading items so you don't have to spend forever preparing a character for low level invasions (not to troll or be a jerk doing it of course). I wanted to have some fun with lower level players but getting to the proper invasion covenant was going to take forever and I got bored prepping for it.

That's all I can think of it being used for that wouldn't totally ruin the game though.
The problem with this is you get to unlimited low level invasions and the people your killing-newbies and experienced players alike-don't get unlimited humanity. Personally I think it's a terrible idea and will make the game unplayable unless you use the same hacks yourself. I'n not saying you will do this-but somebody sure will and dark souls pc will be worse that the bottomless boss glitch users on console by far. This game is all about risk vs reward and trainers take out all risk and give unlimited rewards.

Hopefully people that use it can be detected and have there chars made offline only.

Sullichin

It's being fixed, quiet you.

I want to be able to get the sunbro armor without killing Soltaire

Whatever dude, the existence of that save editor is not a good thing for the game regardless of how you decide to use it.

So the not dropping is the glitch or the getting the key the glitch?
Not getting the key is the glitch. He's the only one you can get it from.

Frank

Hm? Did it just a couple of days ago, pumped him full of arrows from the stairs outside his building. Got the Key to the Seal, no problems there.

First time I did it also, usually I would go inside and up to talk with him. Thought I'd speed up the whole process a bit, and not take too many risks with those ghosts.

They really didn't have warps to the Depths or the Tomb of Giants? Sheesh, that must've been misery.

Yeah, every time you wanted to go to Catacombs/Tomb of Giants/Depths you had to walk from Firelink. There were only like eight warp locations total, and three of them were the Anor Londo locations. Firelink and Quelaag were the only other two really useful ones.

Sullichin

Hm? Did it just a couple of days ago, pumped him full of arrows from the stairs outside his building. Got the Key to the Seal, no problems there.

First time I did it also, usually I would go inside and up to talk with him. Thought I'd speed up the whole process a bit, and not take too many risks with those ghosts.

I guess the glitch doesn't always happen. It happened to 2Adept so I've been too afraid to do it myself on the PC version. It's usually how I get the key to the seal on the console versions because that one room with the ghosts sucks.

Whatever dude, the existence of that save editor is not a good thing for the game regardless of how you decide to use it.

Damn, what happens if you encounter this glitch? Is your save useless?

I heard that the issue is that he doesn't drop it in NG+ if you kill him (I don't know if it affects NG++(and so on...)).

Ridley327

Yeah, every time you wanted to go to Catacombs/Tomb of Giants/Depths you had to walk from Firelink. There were only like eight warp locations total, and three of them were the Anor Londo locations. Firelink and Quelaag were the only other two really useful ones.

I honestly have no idea why there's so many bonfire warps in Anor Londo. Once you open the main door, you can get to the other two in about 2 minutes, with only a couple of Giant Knights in your way.

lilltias

Don't you guys love it when you reach a new bonfire and light it.

And then you forget to use it.

So when you die you have to reach it again. Mmm. Dark Souls.

elohel

The Four Kings fight was the easiest it's ever been, just sprint up and smash the shit out of them. I was able to kill all of them one at a time well before the other would spawn in.

really? even in ng+?

Gvaz

Banned
Just don't kill the NPC. I don't understand you vicious murderers. NPCs are for talking and shopping.
Except before the last boss, they're for getting firekeeper souls and items!!

Also there's already a trainer, what is a save editor?

Frank

[...] because that one room with the ghosts sucks.

It does indeed :) At some point I made it a point of honour to be able to run through them all and go up without getting killed.

Gets the heart pumping a bit, and it was the perfect finale for the run through New Londo Ruins to get the water out - a simple and quick run, yet intense.

Sullichin

Except before the last boss, they're for getting firekeeper souls and items!!

Also there's already a trainer, what is a save editor?

idk what you mean by this. I don't care if you cheat your way through the game if thats how you want to play. I understand that stuff like farming chunks can simply save tedium (although the drop rates are quite high now). But trainers and save editors will mean more cheaters playing online.

This. Jesus Christ, there are some bloodthirsty GAFfers out there.
My current character gleefully murders every NPC with a reinforced club.

Top Bottom