• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Help, after upgrading my claymore to +10 I cant upgrade to +11, tried my bonfire and the blacksmith at the parish.

The option is just not there, I do have the required titanite according to the wiki.

What gives?

rizz

Neo Member
Was bracing for my toughest boss battle yet in the game. But the Capra Demon went down rather easily -- in my first try no less. Heck, I couldn't even get a good look at him!

Maybe I was too overpowered with my SL 32 wanderer with the elite knight armor set and the drake sword? Or was it just luck? I wonder.

Vaporak

Help, after upgrading my claymore to +10 I cant upgrade to +11, tried my bonfire and the blacksmith at the parish.

The option is just not there, I do have the required titanite according to the wiki.

What gives?

Remember how you had to find the large ember in order to upgrade past +5? Now you got to find another larger ember.

Was bracing for my toughest boss battle yet in the game. But the Capra Demon went down rather easily -- in my first try no less. Heck, I couldn't even get a good look at him!

Maybe I was too overpowered with my SL 32 wanderer with the elite knight armor set and the drake sword? Or was it just luck? I wonder.

Your armor probably helped you out. The Capra Demon is actually really easy if you have great poise or a very good shield, but if you don't, he's extremely difficult. The people that complain about him probably haven't worked out poise yet.

Sarcasm

I kind of rather use a PS3 controller (maybe purchase one just for PC - white one) but I remember that motionjoy screws up current drivers and such..I wish Sony would release an official something...

I just got to Blighttown and randomly got Toxic'd and died. WTF was that? Hadn't seen a single Bonfire either since the one in Darkroot Basin that leads to the Valley of the Drakes. Good god that longass trek just to get to my souls >:|

I'm still using the Drake sword at this point in the game but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be. What's the weapon that I should be using for a heavy/tank character like myself?

JeTmAn81

I am to the point where i need to kill the belltower gargoyles, and i just got the drake sword which lets me oneshot all the normal enemies i encounter now. It wasnt too tough to get, only had to shoot the dragon's tail about 10 times. I almost feel a bit like im cheating with this sword since it was so easy to obtain, and yet i dont think i ever wouldve found it on my own so at least it isn't being wasted.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There are guys on the wooden sections who shoot poison darts at you. Always run around with your shield up and go slowly.

Once you kill them they stay dead forever though.

Vaporak

Trying to take artorias on by myself now, this guy's a beast.
edit: also, Artorias' jumping attacks didn't track when I was a phantom but they do in my own world, makes fighting him a lot more interesting.

Sarcasm

I kind of rather use a PS3 controller (maybe purchase one just for PC - white one) but I remember that motionjoy screws up current drivers and such..I wish Sony would release an official something...

I just got to Blighttown and randomly got Toxic'd and died. WTF was that? Hadn't seen a single Bonfire either since the one in Darkroot Basin that leads to the Valley of the Drakes. Good god that longass trek just to get to my souls >:|

I'm still using the Drake sword at this point in the game but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be. What's the weapon that I should be using for a heavy/tank character like myself?

The barbarians do poison. There are snipers that you can't really see but have increased visuals..two to three darts will toxin you even if you block (unless you got spider shield - if you entered via depths - its in depths).

For weapon what is your build? Pretty much any weapon upgraded will be better. I have a longsword +8 shows like 185 damage but it now hits harder due to it having like a C in scaling with STR & DEX. My STR is at 20 and dex @ 13 (plan to get that to 20 - than finish up with VIT&END).

One of the final bosses spoiler:

I hate Bed of Chaos with every fiber of my being. It took me about 2 hours to finally beat him last night. Usually I would move on and come back when I was more powerful, but the fight has nothing to do with power really. I hate the 5 minute run to him, especially because I was one shotted several times as I landed in the boss arena. I missed the jump onto his branch a lot. Sometimes he would hit me as I was mid jump, so infuriating. When I actually got inside, I got killed several times due to his seemingly unavoidable fire/lava attack. Worst boss in the game!

I think I might tackle the DLC next, then finish up and head to NG+.

Sentenza

I almost killed the guy on the first attempt. I was even thinking "man, this guy is easy".
Then I realized where's the catch: you can't make mistakes cause if he gets you you will be destroyed.
Since then, my successive three attempts went even worse, so I decided I will try it again when I'm fresher, tomorrow.

rizz

Neo Member
Your armor probably helped you out. The Capra Demon is actually really easy if you have great poise or a very good shield, but if you don't, he's extremely difficult. The people that complain about him probably haven't worked out poise yet.

Well, that explains a lot. I upgraded my knight's shield to +5 and got my hands on the wolf ring from darkroot garden. So, instead of having great poise or a very good shield, I actually had both.

Grief.exe

edit: also, Artorias' jumping attacks didn't track when I was a phantom but they do in my own world, makes fighting him a lot more interesting.

He's actually pretty easy.

Keep your shield up. When he does a straight lunge attack or air attack roll to the side and attack.
You can roll from his sweep attacks and attack as well but that's a little more difficult. Otherwise block or roll away.

When he charges up to explode, run in, go two hand, and swing away.

Ridley327

Artorias was a really, really fun fight; he's easy to read, but he punishes you severely for not doing the right action.

I am getting the distinct feeling that he was where he was because he was trying to keep people out, rather than just being some guy they throw at you. The Township is hella creepy, and it's not helped out by the weird-ass citizens doing whatever the hell it is that they do.

Is his broken arm explained at all?

Vaporak

He's actually pretty easy.

Keep your shield up. When he does a straight lunge attack or air attack roll to the side and attack.
You can roll from his sweep attacks and attack as well but that's a little more difficult. Otherwise block or roll away.

When he charges up to explode, run in, go two hand, and swing away.

Yeah I can see how to fight him. The hardest part is that I'm playing a light weight character, so one mess up and I'm stunlocked for a ton of my HP. Just beat him though, I really enjoy the design of that fight. Nothing gimmicky, just a straight up melee duel.

Grief.exe

Yeah I can see how to fight him. The hardest part is that I'm playing a light weight character, so one mess up and I'm stunlocked for a ton of my HP. Just beat him though, I really enjoy the design of that fight. Nothing gimmicky, just a straight up melee duel.

Artorias was a really, really fun fight; he's easy to read, but he punishes you severely for not doing the right action.

I thought it was a really awesome fight too, best fight in the game in my opinion.

I really liked the sanctuary guardian as well.

Vaporak

I am getting the distinct feeling that he was where he was because he was trying to keep people out, rather than just being some guy they throw at you. The Township is hella creepy, and it's not helped out by the weird-ass citizens doing whatever the hell it is that they do.

Is his broken arm explained at all?

You can find his shield and it's all broken.
he used it to save Sif.
His broken arm is his shield arm so you can read into that what you will. Almost everything points to Artorias being possessed though. The only things that don't really is that he is a boss before the town instead of at it's end, and the fact that you see him killing one of the possessed townsfolk when you first see him.

trying to get 2 people to fight kalameet! too risky with just two... lvl 55 btw...

the online is really shitty :( it was somehow managable in the third patch for the PS3...

Ridley327

You can find his shield and it's all broken.
he used it to save Sif.
His broken arm is his shield arm so you can read into that what you will. Almost everything points to Artorias being possessed though. The only things that don't really is that he is a boss before the town instead of at it's end, and the fact that you see him killing one of the possessed townsfolk when you first see him.

Yeah, I get the feeling that whatever happened to him, he still had enough sense left in him to try and prevent whatever it was in Oolacile from getting out, but that also meant he had to stop whatever wanted to get in. He's like the world's most badass doorman.

I prefer the 360 pad for this game, purely because of how easy it was to bump the triggers by accident and hit an NPC or fall off a cliff in Demon's Souls!

Jintor

Went back to the Asylum, killed a big butt dude. Wandering around the painted world trying not to lose 60k in souls that I'm saving for my pyromancy flame. Got invaded by some guy but he bowed when he entered so I didn't feel so bad when he outplayed me. Axes are shit for PVP :T

Just finished the DLC... awesome addition to the game... the Bosses alone are worth it.

But, for it to be perfect, i would like a Boss Rush mode, and also a way to finish the game but not begin the NG+ automatically.

Ridley327

"Oh hey, this place isn't so bad; outside of the occasional weirdo with easy-to-see-in-the-dark red eyes, and there's not a single skeleton dog in sight. I wonder if the Sunlight Maggot makes this place too easy, because I don't see what could possibly JESUS TITTYFUCKING CHRIST WHAT ARE THOSE"

Mild spoilers for the DLC.

OH HO HO HO HO

Boss spoiler (vanilla game):
Bed of Chaos is a joke, right? I can't get to the orb on the right because I keep getting swept into holes WTF

mxgt

Banned
OH HO HO HO HO

Boss spoiler (vanilla game):
Bed of Chaos is a joke, right? I can't get to the orb on the right because I keep getting swept into holes WTF

It is a joke

A sick, twisted joke. Can't believe what FROM were thinking, worst 'boss' in the game.

Top Bottom