• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Axes are shit for PVP :T
Depends on the axe.

A lot of people use the Black Knight Axe, which is great, and it's secret I think is one-handing it sometimes, not just two - the swing is almost 360 by the looks of it, you can take out groups of enemies standing around you, but the plus for PvP is the one-handed stun lock, it swings like the Moonlight Great, Man-Serpent Swords and that type. It's great I've beaten many, many invaders with the same weapon but they were two handing it.

You see the Golem Axe sometimes too. I think the R2 has a ranged attack like the Drake Sword (basically the one the Golem uses when you first walk through the fog gate.)

OH HO HO HO HO

Boss spoiler (vanilla game):
Bed of Chaos is a joke, right? I can't get to the orb on the right because I keep getting swept into holes WTF
It is a mess really, but there are a few things you can do to make it go smoothly -
have high poise, and use a high stability shield, the Eagle Shield will do. Have a stamina regen item or chomp some grass too. You can homebone out of the boss fight after taking out each of the side roots(?) because they stay gone if you die or leave the fight - so you go in, chop, homebone, run back, chop homebone, run back and then final key is rather than run/jump to the center, DROP down - so you need to position the camera to be able to see where the walkway is below.

High stability shield is key though so you don't get knocked down.

Leezard

It doesn't seem to change whether or not I have any active signs up.

Tried several times. Even reset my modem and restarted my PC :(

Wow, how strange. I would try to die and then become human again just to see if it reset anything, but I guess the chance is low.

Dascu

Aww man... Final boss spoilers:
Finally beat the game, but I feel like I cheated! Summoning Solaire into that last fight made it so hilariously easy. Praise the Sun!

It is a mess really, but there are a few things you can do to make it go smoothly -
have high poise, and use a high stability shield, the Eagle Shield will do. Have a stamina regen item or chomp some grass too. You can homebone out of the boss fight after taking out each of the side roots(?) because they stay gone if you die or leave the fight - so you go in, chop, homebone, run back, chop homebone, run back and then final key is rather than run/jump to the center, DROP down - so you need to position the camera to be able to see where the walkway is below.

High stability shield is key though so you don't get knocked down.

I did it!
He actually has a massive blind spot almost directly in front of him!

Holden

seriously who fucking thought of the button that removes 300 durability on the havel's shield was a good idea. i keep fucking miss clicking it when i drop/pick up my controller, keeps making me go back to the bonefire.

Zaventem

seriously who fucking thought of the button that removes 300 durability on the havel's shield was a good idea. i keep fucking miss clicking it when i drop/pick up my controller, keeps making me go back to the bonefire.

That ability gives you a buff so you can't be staggered by any hit, only 1 of 2 shields with a special ability.

FtHTiny

you can buy repair power for 300 souls from many vendors.

Sarcasm

So lost in BT. I have one flask (damn flying things glitch out on floors and such). The water does a full bar of poison on me in one step. I also see more walkways to the distance..besides the hate place is amazing. I am getting annoyed by being attacked from below floors and it seems DkS has issues with Z axis'..damn bees.

http://i.minus.com/iHxCzTULRMoZ4.png

http://i.minus.com/ir7xUdf8xpjNh.png

I am thinking about heading back up and go down to BT via Fireshrine than Anor - should I?

Holden

ya i know but i just keep miss clicking it, i just did it right before (boss)
4 kings
and it just ruined the fight.

Just got invaded for the first time ever...and I beat his ass! Haha.

He only had 200 souls on him but oh well.

Feels good man.

What should I do with the weapons I've found but not using? Drop them, or can I sell them at a merchant?

somesplace

Neo Member
For some reason Dark Souls defaults to your integrated HD 3000 graphics rather than your dedicated gpu.

The latest DSdix should handle this issue.

Thanks, I updated to the newest version of the fix. However, I still didn't get a performance improvement. If this is the case, is there some other way I can direct the executable to use my GPU?

Feels good man.

What should I do with the weapons I've found but not using? Drop them, or can I sell them at a merchant?

You can buy the Bottomless Box by the merchant in Undead Burg for 1K souls and store everything you don't need in that at the bonfires.

equil

Feels good man.

You have infinite inventory space so unless u just dont like looking at them, keep them.

Thanks guys.

Progressed a bit, collected around 2.5k souls, was hoping for a new bonfire, traversed a white light, Taurus Demon, dead :(

Ruuppa

A quick question: If you're doing Forest Hunter invasions, do the level restrictions apply(10+(10% of the targets lvl)? Last night I kept seeing one guy one-handing Greatsword of Artorias and casting those Dark -spells you get from the Expansion and I was level 10. Is it possible to have those kinds of stats at level 22?
Thanks guys.

Progressed a bit, collected around 2.5k souls, was hoping for a new bonfire, traversed a white light, Taurus Demon, dead :(
If you need some help on the next boss I'm usually camping around Undead Parish, trying to get another Balder Sidesword. Look for Freid.

Zaptruder

Banned
They can be moved into the bottomless box, purchased from the smithy in the Undead Parish. That will help declutter your main inventory at least.

You have infinite inventory space so unless u just dont like looking at them, keep them.

You can buy the Bottomless Box by the merchant in Undead Burg for 1K souls and store everything you don't need in that at the bonfires.

Feels good man.

Alternatively, if you drop them they'll become derelicts that can invade other player's games and provide them with a bonus to find.

So lost in BT. I have one flask (damn flying things glitch out on floors and such). The water does a full bar of poison on me in one step. I also see more walkways to the distance..besides the hate place is amazing. I am getting annoyed by being attacked from below floors and it seems DkS has issues with Z axis'..damn bees.

I am thinking about heading back up and go down to BT via Fireshrine than Anor - should I?
The poison isn't a problem really since the health depletion is so slow, although 1 estus makes things tricky - You say the water is poisoning you so you're on the ground level of Blighttown and thus should be in walking distance of the bonfire.

Those poison insects are a bit annoying since you do miss them sometimes - certain weapons are much worse than others - katanas are good because of the vertical arc of their slash. You can also use arrows or throwing knives.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
GAF :

Best melee weapon for someone with 32 str and non-new game plus, go.

Lighting gargoyle halberd?

Igo

So I beat Manos and the girl fell out, but would do nothing but moan. Warped back to the mushroom and she has nothing new to say either. What am I doing wrong?

Also, has anyone who defeated him managed to cut off his tail. I was trying and trying with no success. Dude would just fuck me up unless I ran away to regroup every now and again.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Have you picked up any of the Black Knight's weapons? The upgraded halberd is exquisite.

I have both swords and they've made this run unbearable since they've been my go to weapons, sooo slow... worthless.

Claymore +15 is a very solid weapon with a great moveset.

Interesting, what about lighting claymore?

2real4tv

http://i.minus.com/iHxCzTULRMoZ4.png

http://i.minus.com/ir7xUdf8xpjNh.png

See if you have any armor with higher poison resist? Like someone stated when you get to the bottom, hug the wall to the right and you will reach the bonfire.

Lusankya

I have both swords and they've made this run unbearable since they've been my go to weapons, sooo slow... worthless.

Lightning Claymore doesn't provide any stat bonuses, so you could just use the lightning spear you probably already found.

mxgt

Banned

It wouldn't scale with strengh and dex like a non Lightning Claymore would so it might be better short term but as you up your strength a Claymore +15 with get better and better.

I have a Lightning Bastard Sword, and a Fire Claymore, they are pretty cool, but if you don't like slowish move sets then you should find a dex weapon. I really like the high damage projections of these weapons with heavy attacks, and jump attacks; massive alpha damage, and I use hit and run techniques. (low armor, fast agility) I even used the Zweihander a little bit, which is SOOOOOOOOOOO slow, but still really awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxB82X1liROOZLBoqEFpRrA

I've been doing fine so far, at SL 18, and I just beat Anor Londo, and I'll be heading into the archives soon. So it works, but if you are having trouble with slow movesets, then definitely find a weapon that you like, and work with it.

There's no perfect weapon, rather, find one you like and compliments your play style and upgrade that mofo.

Sarcasm

Capra Demon is messed up. Not place to manouver at all. Byebye you sweet souls and humanities.

What is your soul level?

So I finally went and got the claymore..I have plenty to meet it requirements - why is it so slow looking? I am using a Longsword+8 currently.

Grief.exe

Since you have such high strength you should probably not go with elemental weapons since they won't scale with your stats. You can always hit up some resin if something is weak to an element.

If you have that much strength try the man serpent great sword. Good move set and a lot of damage.

krakov

A quick question: If you're doing Forest Hunter invasions, do the level restrictions apply(10+(10% of the targets lvl)? Last night I kept seeing one guy one-handing Greatsword of Artorias and casting those Dark -spells you get from the Expansion and I was level 10. Is it possible to have those kinds of stats at level 22?

If you need some help on the next boss I'm usually camping around Undead Parish, trying to get another Balder Sidesword. Look for Freid.

There is no cap at all in the forest. Its where high lvl douchelords gather. Expect the worst.

Derrick01

Banned
Capra Demon is messed up. Not place to manouver at all. Byebye you sweet souls and humanities.

That was the first time I ran into even a little trouble in this game. There's a really easy way to get through it if you can get rid of the dogs right away (which can be a pain in the ass no matter what).

Once the dogs are gone run up the stairs on the left and there's a tiny ledge next to it you can stand on. Keep your shield up because sometimes he'll come up the stairs and jump at you, but he'll fall down right below you if he does. After that do a falling attack and you'll take a huge chunk out of him. Rinse and repeat for the win.

dsk1210

Right I have a couple of characters on the go, one of my characters does not seem to have the white summon stone though. How the hell did I miss that and where?

Thanks.

Top Bottom