• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want a strength weapon that isn't a greatsword/axe/hammer that's also better than a Black Knight Sword?

Yes, I should have clarified. I've been looking for a fast-ish strength based weapon that I can use with a shield.

Vaporak

Yes, I should have clarified. I've been looking for a fast-ish strength based weapon that I can use with a shield.

There aren't really any fast strength weapons. I can't really think of one anyways.
edit: you could always try just a longsword, it's got C strength scaling and is a straight sword.

If you want to stay on greatswords:

Man serpent greatsword+15 is better at 2 hand 21 Str+ and one hand 31 Str+, and Stone greatsword is better at 2hand 27 Str+ (to wield) and 40 Str + (min req).

joe2187

Banned
Manus I'm coming for you

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day

131815149946.gif

KSai

I had no idea that Havel's Shield had a special ability with L2. My cleric has 50 STR so I just went full Havel's and Dragon Tooth'd Manus. He wasn't frightening at all.

I'm kinda disappointed the DLC ended so fast. Though I do have the dragon left to finish.

epmode

Great Soul Arrow or Heavy Soul Arrow? I just bought Heavy Soul Arrow as my first spell (aside from Pyromancy) and I'm wondering if I made a mistake.
I keep both around. Great is excellent for bosses provided that you can get the cast off. It's also worth having as an opener for particularly nasty non-boss trash.

Manus is defeated, though I summoned someone to help. I probably should have kept at it but I just had no answer for his spells and I was sick of getting him near death just to be one shot by one by his crazy magic.

What do you mean? Which achievements? The elemental ones?
Or the "posses all" one?

Both, actually.

If i receive a +5 Lightning Weapon, does the achievement unlock? And if i receive all the weapons, the same?

I have already got Platinum on the PS3 version, but i am not in the mood to almost finish 3 times the game...

Right now i just want to get summoned around my current lvl (60). Thats why i am thinking about "trading" some weapons with some friends, especially the ones that requires special souls do forge.

Ridley327

I don't think I'm that good a player, and I beat Manus on my first try, and that was after he punched me around while I was looking for the summon icon.

Sullichin

Reinforced Club. Bad range but it does awesome damage, it's light, and it's faster than greatswords. The 2HR2 attack is really strong.

Anyone been able to trade with Snuggly? I keep dumping (lol) the shit pies in his nest but no dice...

You're doing this in the asylum right, not in the crow's nest in firelink? I traded a xanthous crown and it worked.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Thanks for the input, I actually killed them on my next attempt thankfully. I am going to go check that shortcut out so I know for next time though, because that was annoying going through all of that stuff.

Edit: Wow just watched that video and learned you don't have to be cursed to fight them...

Nah, only the ghosts require a curse to defeat. No other enemies have any such requirement. Using a Transient Curse for the big four doesn't do anything but prevent you from using other buffs for the fight, though if you're summoning Beatrice for the fight she'll sometimes get hung up on trying to kill a ghost that hangs out passively near the entrance to
the Abyss
and you'll need to use one to kill it for her if you want her help with the boss. Otherwise she'll just stay up there shooting Soul Arrows at it whilst you're fighting for your life in pitch darkness.

Real helpful, that Beatrice.

Mupod

Kalameet defeated on my second try. Nice confidence booster after the Manus debacle.

he's not that bad...unless you're going for the tail. Although apparently its hitbox is MUCH bigger than it looks, and I unexpectedly managed to finally take it off with the balder side sword's 2h R1 when it was 20 feet above my head.

Zeliard

Nah, only the ghosts require a curse to defeat. No other enemies have any such requirement. Using a Transient Curse for the big four doesn't do anything but prevent you from using other buffs for the fight, though if you're summoning Beatrice for the fight she'll sometimes get hung up on trying to kill a ghost that hangs out passively near the entrance to
the Abyss
and you'll need to use one to kill it for her if you want her help with the boss. Otherwise she'll just stay up there shooting Soul Arrows at it whilst you're fighting for your life in pitch darkness.

Real helpful, that Beatrice.

While also giving them more HP!

Oxn

i think I have gone as far as I can. Dont think I have it in me to go further.

Just finished Blight town.

My options are Valley of the Drake, Catacombs, or New Londo.

All very frustrating.

Maybe I can try again again in a few months, but by then I will be rusty.

ps: I got my first invader in Blight town, I whooped him.

Sullichin

i think I have gone as far as I can. Dont think I have it in me to go further.

Just finished Blight town.

My options are Valley of the Drake, Catacombs, or New Londo.

All very frustrating.

Maybe I can try again again in a few months, but by then I will be rusty.

ps: I got my first invader in Blight town, I whooped him.

if the invader was maneater mildred (butcher knife, sack on head), that was an NPC

Anyway, after blighttown you want to go to
sen's fortress
assuming you have rung both bells. Don't need to go to those other places now.

Oxn

if the invader was maneater mildred (butcher knife, sack on head), that was an NPC

Anyway, after blighttown you want to go to
sen's fortress
assuming you have rung both bells. Don't need to go to those other places now.

wheres the 2nd bell?

I rung the gargoyle one.

JeTmAn81

There was a boss?

How did you finish Blighttown without taking out the giant spider witch? If you went up that water wheel and left, you missed the entrance to her lair across the swamp from the water wheel. It's Quelaag. I just beat her, and for some reason managed it on my own despite summoning others on previous attempts and dying.

Oxn

How did you finish Blighttown without taking out the giant spider witch? If you went up that water wheel and left, you missed the entrance to her lair across the swamp from the water wheel. It's Quelaag. I just beat her, and for some reason managed it on my own despite summoning others on previous attempts and dying.

guess i did, guess i did

fionel

How is the Chaosblade? I never dared use it back in the pre-1.03 days (not sure if its changed after that either) b/c wiki says it chips off your HP upon hitting enemies. Is it powerful enough to offset this "defect"? Really like katanas myself but uchikatana+10 is not cutting it in the DLC contents and am using GraveLord GS+4 instead.

I've aimed to make my char an INT build from the start and am sitting am 31 right now, but was wondering if the White Dragon Breath is worth pumping another 6 points into after I have 44 for the Crystal soul spear.

I can understand how someone could miss Quelaag's lair. Most games wouldn't expect you to wade waist deep in a poisonous bog for a quarter mile. You look out and you see nothing but darkness and death and that water wheel out of there, looks pretty damn inviting.

Vaporak

So serious question, why does almost no one talk to the NPC's in this game. One of the most frequent complaints I've heard about this game is that it doesn't tell you where to go. See: newbies walking into the graveyard/new Londo and getting pissy. Yet the very first NPC you see in Firelink tells you exactly where to go.

So serious question, why does almost no one talk to the NPC's in this game. One of the most frequent complaints I've heard about this game is that it doesn't tell you where to go. See: newbies walking into the graveyard/new Londo and getting pissy. Yet the very first NPC you see in Firelink tells you exactly where to go.

If the bloodstains in firelink are any indication, newbies try to gank that guy and get killed instead, sending them into an infinite loop of respawning and getting killed by him.

McHuj

Need some advice on 4 Kings for anyone who has done a SL1 pyromancer playthrough. How? Your kinda limited to 2-3 weapons. I have a Lighting Battle Axe +14 and a reinforced fire club +14, upgrade pyromancer glove +5, and I'm still getting my ass kicked.

Top Bottom