• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

ElFly

Killed Gwynever, and now I cannot find the firekeeper of Anor Londo.

Where is she?

e:goddamn, I need a ring to get to Gwyndolin.

somesplace

Neo Member
Man I've been thinking about picking it up on PC but I dunno. Don't really feel like starting over from the very beginning. Well, maybe I'll wait for a sale or something.

i felt the same way, but ended up caving and buying the PC version. no regrets, i had a lot of fun. and honestly i think it might be a little weird dusting off the game, booting it up, and running through the dlc.

Zeliard

I've been lucky with Darkwraiths. I've farmed them for maybe only 2 hours total over several days and have gotten 5 slabs from them.

To use them?
...For what? How many maxed out weapons/shields do you need? You can get like 2 of each slab and like 4 titanite slabs naturally in a playthrough now. All the materials needed before slab can be gotten (guaranteed) in like 5 minutes going through the hallway to the last boss too.

Ridley327

...For what? How many maxed out weapons/shields do you need? You can get like 2 of each slab and like 4 titanite slabs naturally in a playthrough now. All the materials needed before slab can be gotten (guaranteed) in like 5 minutes going through the hallway to the last boss too.

Armor take slabs, too!

Zeliard

Outside of the Darkwraith covenant, slab farming is the main reason to drain the water before getting the Lordvessel. People do so for early access to slabs and +15 upgrades.

Titanite slabs are exceedingly rare even if you include the new DLC drop (which they didn't add because of the slab's ubiquity). And people like to use a variety of different weapons and armor.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
A full set of +10 armor takes 5 slabs

So it took me over a dozen times to defeat Undead Burg boss (playing as wanderer). I just suck ass. Anyways finally as I was fighting him, I was dodging and rolling but alas I rolled a bit far and fell off the broken side of the bridge. As I was watching Sir Rusty fall from the bridge, the boss was also falling. lol. Right before I died, the screen said "You are victorious" or some shit. I came back to the bridge and retrieved my souls. I was laughing so hard at the poor boss.

Outside of the Darkwraith covenant, slab farming is the main reason to drain the water before getting the Lordvessel. People do so for early access to slabs and +15 upgrades.

Titanite slabs are exceedingly rare even if you include the new DLC drop (which they didn't add because of the slab's ubiquity). And people like to use a variety of different weapons and armor.

I don't see why you would bother getting +15s early unless your trying to PVP troll at early levels. In the time it would take to get those slabs you could probably go through the whole rest of the game.

A full set of +10 armor takes 5 slabs

Ah okay, I have been using nothing but a light unupgradeable armor and wasn't planning on changing it.

Grief.exe

So it took me over a dozen times to defeat Undead Burg boss (playing as wanderer). I just suck ass. Anyways finally as I was fighting him, I was dodging and rolling but alas I rolled a bit far and fell off the broken side of the bridge. As I was watching Sir Rusty fall from the bridge, the boss was also falling. lol. Right before I died, the screen said "You are victorious" or some shit. I came back to the bridge and retrieved my souls. I was laughing so hard at the poor boss.

That's funny.

Don't get frustrated by the difficulty. After the next boss is when things started to click for me.

Zeliard

I don't see why you would bother getting +15s early unless your trying to PVP troll at early levels. In the time it would take to get those slabs you could probably go through the whole rest of the game.

Gear is king. Maxing armor out or getting a weapon to +15, lightning +5, Chaos +5, etc, means you never have to concern yourself with it again in any playthrough with that character, and allows for a variety of low-level challenge runs. Maxing gear out is useful, and that often requires slabs, and slabs are highly rare, so farming slabs is useful.

Why this has to be explained to you is mystifying, but then again, you apparently weren't even aware that a variety of armor upgrades take slabs.

ACE 1991

So some people here posted yesterday that I should replace my Drake Sword after beating the Gaping Dragon. Is the Sunlight Straight Sword a good choice, granted i reinforce it a bunch?

linko9

So some people here posted yesterday that I should replace my Drake Sword after beating the Gaping Dragon. Is the Sunlight Straight Sword a good choice, granted i reinforce it a bunch?

Wow, you already murdered Solaire this early? Heartless. What are your stats?

Yes.

I ususally go like this.

Starting weapon up until Red Drake, grab Drake Sword. Drake sword up until Gaping/Blighttown. At this point use a weapon you like and refine it to at least go over the 200 AR of the Drake sword, as some enemies in Blighttown have quite a large health pool. After that, keep buffing up your weapon until you get to sens. You can either stick with upgrading, or grab
the Lightning Spear from the Mimic
which has close to 300 AR.

It's really all based on your play style too. Status weapons (Fire, Chaos, Lightning) don't scale with your levels (Str, Dex, Int, Faith), but do crazy amounts of damage early game and some bosses have weaknesses to certain elements. Sometimes if you're going for a hybrid like character elemental weapons are great until you're scaling really kicks in, but if you're shooting for a pure damage build with only 1 major stat, then its probably best to start upgrading your weapon of choice early.

Anybody in range of SL 39 willing to help with the 4K? Can't find any summon signs atm.
That's pretty low for 4K, which is why you're probably having trouble finding people. Like others above have said, 4K is anywhere from 50 all the way to 120 (usually NG+).

Im having such a hard time killing the 2 titanite demons at the bottom of Sens fortress, Im trying so hard to not agro the one at the end of the hall but he always ends up mad and starts shooting lightning while im busy with the other :(

Also can someone tell me what a small white glowing ring is? I saw one on the floor and had no idea , is it just a glitch?

JVIDICAN

Im having such a hard time killing the 2 titanite demons at the bottom of Sens fortress, Im trying so hard to not agro the one at the end of the hall but he always ends up mad and starts shooting lightning while im busy with the other :(

Also can someone tell me what a small white glowing ring is? I saw one on the floor and had no idea , is it just a glitch?

The ring is from another player casting Wrath of God, if you also cast it near there its stronger than normal.
Can't remember if it applies to other miracles too.

Ledsen

Yeah the ring means that any magic you cast in the area will be stronger. You can also see à ring on your spellcasting device on the quick menu.

Started a new character and tried to play in human mode for once, but got invaded twice trying to make my way from the dragon bridge to the Undead Burg.

First guy had Smough's armor, killed me with a spear in 1 hit.

Second guy had the Gold Hemmed armor, 1 shot me with some magic missle spell.

Pretty fun when I'm level 12 and haven't even made it to the first smith dude.

mxgt

Banned
I'm using a Balder Side Sword + 15. Is it worth putting 4 points into int so I can cast Greater Magic Weapon?

If you're not going a faith route (Darkmoon Blade/Sunlight Blade) then yes. Crystal Magic Weapon is great too at 25 int.

Lingering Dragoncrest Ring also lengthens the effects.

Grief.exe

Have any of you guys played too human? Dark souls actually reminded me of that game a lot. I actually enjoyed it if you can look past its faults. But if you are looking for a game that is similar then it would be a cheap alternative.

I personally haven't had a console for a few years or else I'd play that if I could. I gave away my Xbox BC I wasn't using it at all, my roommate does actually have a ps3 though...maybe I should pick up demon souls.

Too human has a similar difficulty to dark souls. Once you understand the mechanics of the game it does get easier as well. There is also jolly cooperation.

The structure of the game would probably be similar to demon souls where it is split up into seperate levels.

The loot and level system are probably closer to Diablo. And the gameplay would be similar to god of war.

The section in Sens where there are two Prowling Demons is not worth it really (if you mean the two off to the side). You can find enough demon titanite elsewhere to ensure you can upgrade a weapon or two. It seems that the two in that room have higher defence and attack than any other Prowling Demons in the game and it is easy to end up facing both of them at the same time - never mind the god awful clipping that allows them to hit you through walls with ease. Probably best just to move on as the rewards are just not worth it.

Just started Undead Parish...scared to go and face the undead army ahead (zombie boar), and scared of the black knight on top of tower :s

i need helps

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Just started Undead Parish...scared to go and face the undead army ahead (zombie boar), and scared of the black knight on top of tower :s

i need helps

Back stab him a few times. Make him your bitch :D You can back stab him near the edge then kick him off the tower.

Bwahaha

Dresden

i need helps

Yeah, as the guy above said, just use the skulls you find there (it's on the bridge above the boar, where the crossbowmen are) and toss them next to the bonfires. The boar will charge into them and burn itself to death.

Alternatively, jump down like a motherfucking man and MAN UP and shove your fist into its ass.

rybrad

Do boss souls carry over into NG+? I still need a lot of souls to craft them all but summons are so slow right now that it is cutting into my souls flow.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Started a new character and tried to play in human mode for once, but got invaded twice trying to make my way from the dragon bridge to the Undead Burg.

First guy had Smough's armor, killed me with a spear in 1 hit.

Second guy had the Gold Hemmed armor, 1 shot me with some magic missle spell.

Pretty fun when I'm level 12 and haven't even made it to the first smith dude.

Yeah you'll encounter some of the biggest dicks in gaming when playing Dark Souls. It sucks and unfortunately the game was made to practically cater to assholes.

Top Bottom