• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Sarcasm

So I just tried to summon help in anor londo..no dice. Logged out in human form near bonfire for when I want to try sometime. I think I am done with this game for a bit. It was mass fun to start out but now its just =/

So I just tried to summon help in anor londo..no dice. Logged out in human form near bonfire for when I want to try sometime. I think I am done with this game for a bit. It was mass fun to start out but now its just =/

Most summon signs are in the very beginning of the level just down the steps from the elevator or in the bonfire room with solaire. At least on ps3, don't know how large the PC community is so that might be a factor.

You also should be at an appropriate level to summon help. 40-60 is good for anor londo.

Raxus

He didn't even know how to level up until part 20 or so.

There is 65 parts in this let's play 0_0

The problem with these type of people is that they basically refuse that the problem could be them. Dark Souls chews up "blame the game" players for lunch.

Yeah half the time it was him bitching and moaning about poor design when really he never once questions his inability to learn from an experience is the root of the problem. They idea they should be spoonfed a victory is insulting.

Sure, one thing putting up these videos when the game has just been released. But surely, how ignorant do you have to be to not eventually figure out you're doing something wrong?

I'm a bit ashamed of stuff I got wrong in my review when I didn't manage to finish the game at that point.

Anteater

There is 65 parts in this let's play 0_0

Yeah half the time it was him bitching and moaning about poor design when really he never once questions his inability to learn from an experience is the root of the problem. They idea they should be spoonfed a victory is insulting.

He only got to blighttown at part 65 I think and he gave up
KuGsj.gif

LOL he even reviewed it. I, for one, am shocked he made it past the asylum demon.
Wow I skipped around in his review. Watching these videos makes me feel like a Souls game genius. He complains about time investment. My first run of Demon's was 25 hours and Dark was 30, with no outside info - a far cry from his estimated 80+ hours.

Although judging from his let's play it took him 30 hours just to get to blight town.

Raxus

Wow I skipped around in his review. Watching these videos makes me feel like a Souls game genius. He complains about time investment. My first run of Demon's was 25 hours and Dark was 30, no guide - a far cry from his estimated 80+ hours.

I think 80 hours was my 100 percent completion run and a chunk of that was just me farting around Anor Lando helping others defeat S&O. I know when I was ready to finish the game I got to AL in an hour.

derFeef

There should never be an easy mode to cater to these fools. Let them rage quit and go play something else.

Before we say such things we should know what an easy mode does. If it's just making the enemies easier to defeat or change something in regard of enemy respawn/soul loss - I don't see why those players would have a much easier time.
Also I played this game for almost 30 hours now and I have no idea how far away I am from Blighttown, I don't see how this is an argument.

Sarcasm

Most summon signs are in the very beginning of the level just down the steps from the elevator or in the bonfire room with solaire. At least on ps3, don't know how large the PC community is so that might be a factor.

You also should be at an appropriate level to summon help. 40-60 is good for anor londo.

I am 63 and in the room with solaire..I see maybe 3 or 4 come up...

Leezard

Before we say such things we should know what an easy mode does. If it's just making the enemies easier to defeat or change something in regard of enemy respawn/soul loss - I don't see why those players would have a much easier time.
Also I played this game for almost 30 hours now and I have no idea how far away I am from Blighttown, I don't see how this is an argument.

You can't be far away from Blighttown, really. It's more of a question of when you want to go to Blighttown rather than when you can.

Totakeke

Finally got past Artorias after like 20 tries by getting the timing down. Then I stupidly explored the township too far into the room with the two sorcs and lost the 50k souls I gained from him. Ah well.

It doesn't seem like the Arena has much of a queue system nor does it try to match up you with lower latency players? Pretty much impossible to judge distances with the lag.

What have you been doing for 30 hours? Just wondering.

Raide

Already hit 10 hours playtime on Steam and it feels like I am hardly scratching the surface. Still learning so much about the combat and how to approach encounters. I feel more comfortable with the early part now, so I can quickly get through that but I am still super cautious in all fights now.

What on earth... You've been stuck around Undead Burg/Darkroot all this time?

derFeef

You have no idea how jealous I am of you. You're playing Dark Souls for the first time.

The game is about the journey. No need to rush anything. There isn't anything waiting for you at the end.

That's why I am playing it. I don't ever expect to finish it honestly since either another game will come around or I will just be stuck and I have no steam left.
I highly enjoy it. It's in my top spots of the year.

What on earth... You've been stuck around Undead Burg/Darkroot all this time?

Capra Demon. I walked back and fourth a lot then and gained some levels, now the Depths are waiting I guess.

edit: my english sucks today, sorry :/

Raide

Capra Demon. I walked back and fourth a lot then and gained some levels, now the Depths are waiting I guess.

edit: my english sucks today, sorry :/

I found him, died a few times and then gave up. Will grind and explore a bit more and then attempt him again. :D The game is fun because you have other places to go, not just keep hitting a brick wall.

It's always great to see new players with the game. Seriously, it's thoroughly entertaining. Love the impressions of the people starting here.

I started teaching a friend how to play it. Killed the first Boar yesterday, managing to 2-shot him with the Zweihander via back-stab.

Raide

It's always great to see new players with the game. Seriously, it's thoroughly entertaining. Love the impressions of the people starting here.

I started teaching a friend how to play it. Killed the first Boar yesterday, managing to 2-shot him with the Zweihander via back-stab.

One things I fully appreciate is that no enemy should be taken lightly. First few runs and I was getting murdered quickly. After a few levels and some better gear, they become much easier but they are still capable of messing you up if you ignore/forget about them. :D

LOL, "This door is LOCKED, what a fucking shit game!"

Is this guy seriously getting lost in the asylum? Does he not see that GIGANTIC door in the boss room?

Zaptruder

Banned
The knights at Anor Londo..

SHOOTING GIANT SPEARS AS ARROWS WHAT.
Any tips?

Run, don't stop, then roll when you reach the ledge to avoid arrows. Raise shield, hope he gets knocked off ledge. Or just stab him with some sort of weapon.

I present: Darksydephil playing Dark Souls

One of many examples, there was a death montage vid but it's been taken down.

Guy's a tool bag... But HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THAT BONFIRE AT THE END?!!

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
So after making what felt like dozen trips between Andre and the big guy I finally made the Moonlight Butterfly Horn and got damn is that thing great. Suddenly I went from relying almost exclusively on spells to meleeing Taurus and Capra Demons to death.

Nyoro SF

The knights at Anor Londo..

SHOOTING GIANT SPEARS AS ARROWS WHAT.
Any tips?

Run up to the one on the right, DON'T BLOCK, blocking an arrow will knock you off the ledge unless you're spaced perfectly and even then you'll probably be forced to roll at him.

Your goal is to get him to draw his sword and follow you. Once that happens just run back down the ledge and he'll fall off because he's a doofus.

Ledsen

Guys... that MPC4Utube guy is trolling. He's standing next to the exit of the Asylum and saying that you can't go anywhere but back through the door. He moves his cursor all around the equipment screen while ranting and expects us to believe that he never tried pressing A on one of the empty slots. He can express himself like a normal human being, so he's clearly not retarded or even particularly stupid. It's pretty obvious he knows what to do. He just wants you to rage inside while he laughs from behind his computer.

Ridley327

I'm at SL47 (melee) and can't kill the damned hellkite dragon. It roasts me every time with the vertical flame attack. ¿Any tips?

The one where he jumps into the air? This is going to sound insane, but you will not get hit by it at all if you stand to the side by where his leg would be. Once he's about to land, start wailing away on his leg, and he should go up for another vertical blast. You'll take some damage from the landing, but it's minimal, and with high enough poise, you won't even be interrupted.

I am not joking; it totally works.

Taruranto

I wish they gave the Blue Eye Orb more power.

Like, you can invade people who have sinned whatever they are hollow or not, as long they haven't killed the boss. Also, killing them should make so they lose position in the Book of the Guilty. (they have payed the price)

The Dragon Covenant needs to be enhanced too, it feels like a waste right now.

joe2187

Banned
Just beat the game first time on PC, forgot to go around killing all the NPC's I got caught up in the moment and went after gwyn

I went for the Dark Lord this time

Top Bottom