• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Vaporak

***Slight spoiler warning for new players***

Does anybody know what to do if patches goes hostile? I accidentally said yes I'm a Cleric to him, and now he's going crazy on me when he sees me in TotG. I let him push me in and came back and he wanted to kill me, he said something along the lines of having to do it himself, and just goes nuts.

Is there anyway to get him into Firelink if I accidentally said yes to him?

Have you tried paying some souls to the pardoner?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'm still confused as to why one character can see a ton of red rings in the arena and it's a rarity to see even one on another. They're both SL120.

Will anyone trade me for a Soul of Manus, I fucked up and used it after reading the wiki where it says it gives nothing, but I want that spell. I have pretty much everything to trade for.

Grief.exe

I killed that fucking water hydra thing and that stupid knight guarding the watchtower entrance. Take that you fuckers. I then ascended in the upper gardens, noticed that the tree-guys are much stronger there and saw some sort of wolf from the distance. And I ran away like a little girl to save my soul(s).

Im level 37 now, what should I tackle next? Blighttown or the upper gardens?

Also I gave the smith some gadgets several times, he always told me "you'll get something great just wait and see" and I never got something so far.

how did you get that high without ringing both bells lol?

Sarcasm

So I think I explored all of New Londo and I get to a message on ground that states need ring..I am pretty sure I don't have it. Where is it?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
So I think I explored all of New Londo and I get to a message on ground that states need ring..I am pretty sure I don't have it. Where is it?

You need the Covenant of Artorias ring. You get it after defeating Sif in the Darkroot Garden. There is a watchtower near where you fight one of the Mass of Souls with stairs that leads to what looks like a bottomless pit. Make sure the ring is equipped and then drop in to it.

People going off about joining the <25% club, pfft -- I just joined the 2H-Str high poise club - damn this character feels like a rock, probably easiest play through I've done so far.

Got the Black Knight Sword early on, ripped things up - got a MSGS up to +15 and switched to it once my str was high enough to make it do more damage than the BKS - ripping through things hella fast, fully upgraded giant armour --- pretty fun :p

Ridley327

Dark Souls has a fine way of making you regret taking things for granted. Sif actually kicked my ass because the shield that I was using had low stability. Once I realized that, the fight was just as easy as it was in NG, if only a bit longer.

It's honestly much faster to go from Firelink Shrine; running past the ghosts is a lot easier than running past the drakes.

once you've drained the water
you really only need to kill a small number of them on the way in before jumping down to where the darkwraiths hang out.

Jintor

It's honestly much faster to go from Firelink Shrine; running past the ghosts is a lot easier than running past the drakes.

Oh yeah, you can take the ledge shortcut huh? Still got to burn a curse to take out the ghosts so you can farm the knights in the church before the abyss gate.

I'm on NG++ at the moment and I'm stuck on the Four Kings. I was able to beat them on my original playthrough solo, but on NG+ I needed an ally. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any signs on NG++ so I'm kind of screwed. I tried Beatrice a couple of times, but as soon as I cross the fog gate, she starts shooting at something (hell if I know what it is) and winds up dead before even reaching the Kings. I'm a sorcerer, I can kill 2-3 of them sometimes, but by then I've run out of casts and need to go toe-to-toe which results in failure.

I'm going for the 1000, I'm on 850 IIRC. Just need to side with
Kaathe. I stupidly messed up last run through, I sided with him but didn't realise that I needed to walk away after killing Gwyn. My fault for not listening. I should already have the 1000, but oh well.

After two and a half playthroughs, I still absolutely detest Blighttown, Izalith, Catacombs and Duke's Archies. I didn't enjoy Sen's on the first run through, nor Tomb of Giants but I've grown fond of them since.

Sarcasm

the bonfire in the cave in darkroot basin, but you have to bash up six drakes before you get back into lower new londo

once you've drained the water
you really only need to kill a small number of them on the way in before jumping down to where the darkwraiths hang out.

Oh yeah, you can take the ledge shortcut huh? Still got to burn a curse to take out the ghosts so you can farm the knights in the church before the abyss gate.

pros roll with a jagged ghost blade.

Might as will just the elevator farm some ghosts while at it they drop those curse items like candy. I do have the jagged ghost blade, worth it to upgrade?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Crafted and upgraded Life Hunt Scythe on a whim.

Good.

GOD.

Might as will just the elevator farm some ghosts while at it they drop those curse items like candy. I do have the jagged ghost blade, worth it to upgrade?

like Dresden says, it's not a good weapon but if you can spare some souls to take it up to the point where you don't need a curse for the ghosts it's a very good thing to keep in your backpack.

Acageron

I can't seem to find many pc mods for dark souls. All I get results for are the res and 60 fps fixes.

Are there any interesting ones out there? E.g. pick a NPC to start the game as. Though, I suspect DS isn't mod friendly, but maybe down the line.

I can't seem to find many pc mods for dark souls. All I get results for are the res and 60 fps fixes.

Are there any interesting ones out there? E.g. pick a NPC to start the game as. Though, I suspect DS isn't mod friendly, but maybe down the line.

It's too early for mods, performance comes first.

Taruranto

bQSxm.jpg

5mwqv.jpg

I think i'm going to level this one to 120, any tips on the stats to raise?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I started watching EpicNameBro's videos, interested to see what he had to say about the lore and stuff (he's an entertaining player to watch, too). He pointed out that the Crestfallen Warrior says New Londo used to be
an undead city...

Up until now, I've run through that area going "ew, this is gross. What a creepy place. Ooh, I hate ghosts" and so on, without giving it any real thought.

Jintor mentioned "church" on the previous page, and I now shudder to think of the implications. I mean, there's that one structure that
Ingward stands on top of, where the floor inside literally crunches beneath your feet from the amount of old bones.

That's bad enough, but if you consider that
the whole of the lower part was flooded (in an attempt to seal the Darkwraiths and Four Kings iirc), that black, sludgy mess you're trekking around on must be something much more vile than simply mud...

Dark Souls indeed. I can't get enough of this speculation shit.

I think i'm going to level this one to 120, any tips on the stats to raise?
With 20 levels to go, it looks like you could put them all into either strength of faith depending on which route you want tot take. If faith, put a couple into Attunement too, just to get an extra slot or two.

Taruranto

I'm using the Obsidian Greatsword that doesn't scale to strength, so i'm not sure it would bring anything to the table.

Faith is a possibility i guess, but i'm not sure how useful that is going to be. I heard Tranquil Walk of Peace used to be good, but it only last 10 seconds now.

Sarcasm

I cleared all of new londa, got my side sword to +15 and yay!

Where do I go? lol I tried fighting those drakes but ugh too hard.

Top Bottom